August 20, 2014 | 1952 users online

Liquid - Becca - Luminous Skin Color sheer foundation

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2005 2:23:00 AM More reviews by s70princess

Ok, I didn't like this product at all -- it might work for some people, but it didn't work for me at all. I have decent skin, but I still like a little coverage to even out my skintone here and there ... this one provided none. Becca's Luminous Skin Color Sheer Foundation shouldn't even have the word 'foundation' in its name because it provides absolutely no coverage at all -- very misleading and I probably wouldn't have bought it if I wasn't led to believe it could perform some sort of foundation purpose. After trying it, I found out this is basically just a moisturizer with some luminosity ... and I also don't find it to be a good moisturizer either, as I found my skin getting oily throughout the day after using it. However, for someone who isn't prone to getting shiny and has almost perfect skin who doesn't like much coverage at all and only wants a little moisture, SPF & gleam, then this is your product!! For anyone else who fits outside that description, save your money!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2005 8:05:00 PM More reviews by glimmering

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The negative: I bought Becca's LSC because I love the Becca loose powder so much, but unfortunately, it didn't provide the coverage that I need. I tried the whole Becca system (LSC, stick foundation, loose powder) as advised, but it still didn't even out my skin tone and provide the right coverage. Labeling it a foundation is a misnomer - they really ought to call it a tinted moisturizer, and an even sheerer one than normal.

The positive: I started mixing the LSC with other foundations I already owned, and thereby created something that works far better than most stand-alone foundations that I've tried. My skin just can't seem to "carry" heavier foundations, but I do need more coverage than a tinted moisturizer provides. This lightens up the other foundations and creates something very wearable that meets all my needs. I apply the Becca stick foundation on top of the spots that need more concealing, apply the Becca loose powder and I look fresh and fabulous all day long. For this reason, I'm rating the LSC pretty high, even with my doubts.

I'm a bit torn about whether I'll repurchase once I've used up both the LSC and the other foundations I mix it with. LSC is very expensive, but at least it's saving money by allowing me to use up other foundations that otherwise might have been thrown away! I might try a cheaper TM next time and see if it works as well as the Becca.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2005 12:46:00 AM More reviews by blackangel

This is truely an excellent product. It makes my skin look very healthy and doesnt settle into cracks or pores. I use it in place of moisturizer and sunscreen sometimes and its great. I would buy it again in a heart beat.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2005 11:24:00 AM More reviews by amegrrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using this for months. (I had been using Bare Escentuals but it was making my skin look too dry.) Other than the occasional hormonal breakout, my skin has been clear & looks very natural. I usually mix this w/a shimmer lotion. Great sheer coverage. I think this a natural makeup line so that makes it even better. Will def be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2005 12:18:00 PM More reviews by ah63

I think this is as close to HG as I'm going to get. I bought the stick and powder too since it's a "system". I am a foundation junkie and I can't stop buying new formulas, but I haven't been tempted to since I bought this a month and a half ago. As everyone says it really is a tinted moisturizer. But it's the best one I've tried. I have combo skin and it's actually very dry now since it's getting cold (in Utah). So I have been putting moisturizer underneath to help my flakes. Anyway unlike most reviewers I think this has decent coverage for a TM. I use the recommended two pumps (actually one and a half pumps) for my whole face and it covers nicely. I always follow-up with powder and sometimes the stick on and around my nose and mouth and I get a wonderful result. My face looks flawless without looking over-done. Please see my reviews on the powder and stick foundation. Oh, I am NC 30-35 and I got Olive.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2005 1:14:00 PM More reviews by Scout12

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is not really a foundation in the usual sense. Like so many have stated before, this is more like a very sheer tinted moisturizer - with emphasis on moisturizer... I would not recommend this to any one with oilier skintypes prone to breakouts. This can even be overpowering sometimes for my dry skin in the summertime. And it is very very sheer. (Compared to my LM tinted moisturizer that is my staple, this is ultra sheer). For me it has however become a great friend for my good skin days preferably during wintertime in windy moist and cold Sweden when I don't want too much covering, or my skin is so dry everything else looks cakey. Even though the powerful moisturizing effect the result will not be shiny but rather it gives a very smooth evened out feel with virtually no coverage. it is great for mixing though, and I sometimes mix it with foundation that I think is a bit too drying or matte. It comes in a very wide variety of shades so finding a perfect match can't be impossible. Makes it almost too difficult to choose, and since it is so sheer many shades will probably also fit... According to the Becca broschure this can go on face without a moisturizer underneith. But I have never felt comfortable to put make-up on a naked face. The packaging is great. You get a full 50 ml in a very secure pump bottle but you have to pay a substantial amount for it too. (At least here in Sweden). Love the spf 20 that is integrated in this though! The aussies ar soo far ahead when it comes to protection from the sun!! For reference I wear the "Toast M1" shade.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2005 7:29:00 AM More reviews by Pink_Ice999

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this in porcelain and it really made my skin glow when I used it with Becca's stick and powder system and made my skin look so healthy. I don't see how they can market it as a 'foundation' though, as it really is very very sheer, even more so than prescriptives Traceless. It's really more like a moisturising primer as it doesn't give any coverage when used on it's own.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2005 1:49:00 AM More reviews by sellyselly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was on the lookout for a new foundation when I came across the Becca counter at Sydney City Myer. The SA suggested that I use something lighter than a foundation because I have a fairly good complexion (no pigmentation, no visible scarring, few red spots etc) and normal/dry skin and recommended the LSC in Toast.

I would describe LSC as a tinted moisturiser rather than a foundation. It has SPF and moisturising properties which is good for the harsh, dry climate here in AUS. LSC evens out my skintone and gives me a healthy, almost dewy look without looking oily.

I would purchase again if/when I finally finish my other foundations/TMs. It is a little expensive but I don't even use up one pump in an application so it will last awhile.

Cost: $58AUD

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2005 1:54:00 AM More reviews by minanaberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am NC30-35 in MAC and I bought the LSC in Camel. I don't use foundation but needed something for sheer coverage and this is wonderful! My skin has the glowy/dewy look with it and i love that it has SPF. When paired with the Becca Finishing powder, my skin achieves the airbrushed look without looking or feeling cakey or heavy.

The one small qualm I have with it is that the pump can dispense too much product. I just picked up a small container and pump some into there. I will definitely purchase again when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2005 6:08:00 PM More reviews by ghoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My favorite tinted moisturizer- well, that is what I view it as anyway. Very lightweight, nice antioxidants, great color selection and great wearability and integrity throughout the day. I mix this with Remede's translucent UV coat for a tad more shimmer and a little bit more matteness. This is a great product and I am very impressed out of all the light moisturizers I have tried. In my opinion this is much, much better than LM's tinted moisturizer. For anything sheerer I would recommend Shu Uemura's fluid S.