E.L.F. Essential Wet Gloss Lash & Brow Clear Mascara

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Aqua(Water), PVP, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Polyacrylic Acid, PEG-8, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

on 10/25/2011 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Holy cow, ladies. I am absolutely thrilled to have this in my makeup collection. The main reason I bought it was because of the very low price ($1) at Target. I wasn't expecting any super amazing and just decided to use it if I needed it for my weirdly shaped eyebrows. I tried the mascara side and was absolutely blown away! It gave my lashes so much separation and definition. Usually my eyelashes get all clumped together but the mascara just did it for me. I now use it for a primer for my black mascara and it gives me so much control and my eyelashes look incredible. I feel like my eyelashes are these flowers that petals have bloomed to the so long and beautiful.

The brow gel however, was so difficult to shape my eyebrows with. It takes a lot of time to get them shaped because I feel like there is too much gel on the brow brush even if I try getting off the excess.

But overall, I am stricken with love.

on 10/16/2011 10:18:00 PM

I bought this product on a whim, not really expecting much. If I were reviewing just the mascara portion, let's just say my rating would be a lot lower. I completely stopped using the mascara side. But the eyebrow side really impressed me. It keeps my eyebrows perfectly in place from the time I put it on, to the next time I wash my face. I've been saving tons of money on waxing now that I've come across this little gem. It's amazing!

on 10/1/2011 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I usually use Maybelline Great Lash clear on my brows and lashes. It helps them grow while I sleep. I also find that my lashes don't do this weird bend, as they normally do, if I use it at night. I was looking for a cheaper version and found E.L.F's. This ends up drying into a crusty substance. I applied it at night and while it's awesome for brows if you want to keep them in one spot, it's not for lashes. Especially waking up to both the bottom & top lashes stuck together from this product. Since it was a $1 I did end up just tossing it.

5/18/13 update: I still won't use this. I re-tried it at one point since it's so cheap. I like cheap products that work. This won't work though. It seems to but once it dries it's just a flaky mess. It makes me look like I have dandruff in my eyebrows.

on 9/23/2011 1:22:00 AM

I love this for my eyebrows, it keeps them perfectly in place. It works fine for my lashes when I dont feel like putting effort to my eyes, because it's a gel, it makes my lashes a bit darker,

on 9/14/2011 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This product retails for $1.00 USD. So this is ELF’s version of clear brow gel which also functions as clear mascara for your eyebrows. This is a dual ended product with two spoolies (one for eyebrows the other of eyelashes). The product is a clear gel, though I believe it’s the same product! As a Brow Gel I find this gel helpful in keeping my brows put. This is definitely a cheaper alternative to Anastasia’s Clear Brow Gel (retails $20 USD). Though once you already filled your brows and applied the brow gel, you’ll pick up some of your brow product and ‘contaminate’ the rest of your brow gel in the container as soon as you put the spoolie back. [The product I have in the tube is now tinted brown gel now.] Using this product as a brow gel I didn’t find that the gel did anything. I applied the gel by itself and prior to mascara application, it did nothing for my eyelashes. Applying the gel only to my eyelash didn’t help me to keep my lashes curled. And as well applying it after mascara application only helped to tint the gel darker. I would use this product as a brow gel. I wouldn’t say this gel is the greatest. But for $1, why not?

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this product so much! Its really good for only a dollar and gels actually work. I use mainly the brow gel everyday to keep my brows in place, but the mascara works just as well. The brushes on the doublesided wand work really well. A really great product for only a dollar and I would definately buy again.

on 8/26/2011 5:27:00 PM

great eyebrow gel, and at only $1! i have to be careful as to not use too much on one brow, or it will look strange/oily... eyelash side doesn't really have a purpose.. definitely recommend, and you can use both sides for your eyebrows!

on 8/26/2011 5:15:00 PM

This is a great product for my eyebrows because it keeps them tamed and in place for the whole day. I don't really use it on my eyelashes since it doesn't seem to do much other than make them shinier. I use both ends on my eyebrows and I gladly repurchase every time both ends of the tube runs out. The only con is the fact that it does give minor blemishes/pimples on the ends of eyebrows (this is because of the wands), but that can easily go away with some tea-tree oil.

on 8/19/2011 7:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Perfect for the brows. And only for a buck, you can't beat it.

on 8/3/2011 12:21:00 PM

I've repurchased this stuff many times over. I don't like any of the clear mascaras at the DS because they're too sticky and make my brows look plastered down instead of natural. I use both sides (brow & lash) on my brows b/c I honestly don't think they are different formulas. This leaves my brows still looking natural but set in place. lasts all day without flaking.