October 25, 2014 | 1920 users online

Lip Treatments - Lansinoh Lanolin

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2009 2:50:00 AM More reviews by ashjmcc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this stuff. Bought it a year ago during my journey to find the best lip balm. For years I was using Aquaphor but last winter my lips cracked so badly I found by morning my lips were dry again after the night application and still cracked. Then I found Lasinoh! I was browsing Walgreen's late night for balms and stumbled across it. I thought eh, what the heck. Fixed my lips within a couple of days and was back to good. Fell off from use during the summer then during this fall my lips cracked again. I forgot about the Lansinoh and was using Aquaphor again to no use. Then I remembered this and tore my house upside down to find it. Fixed my lips again! This time I will not forget about it. Thick consistency, nothing quite I can compare it to. No smell or taste. After its warmed up on lips has a super smooth texture. I'm thinking of emptying out a couple of those Clinique eye cream sample containers that come in the gift with purchase so I can carry it around in my purse. Also, sometimes I add pure vitamin E oil to the Lasinoh when my lips are super bad and raw and I feel it helps them heal up faster. God send!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2009 9:50:00 PM More reviews by streetsofyourtown

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product cares for my lips better than any I have come across. I have used a wide variety, moving from Vaseline and Lucas Pawpaw to Lipsmackers, Nivea balms, Palmer's lip butter, Blistex, Carmex, Chapstick and a range of "natural" balms (Yes to Carrots, Suvana etc). These worked to varying degrees of efficiency but I was far from satisfied with any.

Since I began using Lansinoh many months ago, my lips have cracked perhaps twice, and not at all seriously. This is a vast improvement from before! They feel softer, smoother and are, surprisingly, definitely plumper and pinker. I'm not sure how this is possible, but I assume it's just the result of my lips being adequately moisturised (although it could be a slight allergic reaction). I should note that my lips sometimes feel dry, slightly burny and uncomfortable underneath this product, despite not actually drying out. This is quite annoying so I sometimes apply a drop of oil (olive, jojoba or macadamia) before the Lansinoh.

Lansinoh IS sticky, and wearing it on a windy day does cause my hair- and goodness knows what else- to stick to my lips, but I have otherwise grown used to it.

I also use Lansinoh to help heal sores/pimples without flaking.

I have repurchased several times, buying three 7g tubes ($6 each) before committing to a 56g tube ($20). For convenient (and potentially less embarrassing!) transport I transfer product from this tube into a small MAC tester jar, which is perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2009 11:54:00 PM More reviews by Lojona

I use this on my face after I've tried some new, raved about product that ended up frying my skin. It can heal BP burns in a day. I also use it around my eye area about twice a week. Warm it up in your hands first until it's smooth and spreadable. Also great on cracked heals.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2009 12:29:00 PM More reviews by iluvboyz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I came across this review because of makeup alley! So thanks ladies. This tube 2oz(56 grams) will last forever. It really helps my dry, chapped lips. It is a little weird that I have a product that says for breastfeeding mothers! My mom was like what did you buy now! haha. This also seems great at sealing in other lip balms. I put safflower oil on my lips, let it soak in then put this on to seal it in. Worked wonderful! This also lasts all night, I still have it on my lips when I wake up. I don't detect a smell, and you only need the tiniest bit. I also use this on my elbows,knees and feet for dry skin. I also put this on my knees, elbows before I put self tanner. I bet if you have severely dry hands you could put this on them. So glad I have come across this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2009 1:06:00 PM More reviews by vangordini

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this product. There is power in numbers, so I wanted to add my vote...

Literally overnight, it transformed my lips from rough, peeling and dry to soft and kissable.

I will never go without this.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2009 6:26:00 PM More reviews by mtview

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product. I used to apply aquaphor before bedtime. This product works even better than aquaphor. It really stays on your lips. It is sometimes difficult to squeeze out the content from the tube if the temp in your house is cold. The balm seems to solidify in the tube. I wish they make little sample size tubes so I can carry it with me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2009 6:36:00 PM More reviews by Saramela

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I recently had a baby and this was recommended by the lactation consultants for its original purpose. Of course I immediately had to check it out on MUA and discovered that it's an amazing lip balm! I have three large tubes of this scattered around the house (by the bed, in the bathroom with my makeup, and in my son's playroom) and then I've got a couple of little 3 gram jars stashed in random places like the diaper bag and a kitchen cabinet. Can you tell that I'm obsessed with this stuff? I only wish that I could leave some in the car but it melts too easily and could make a huge mess. A tube is relatively expensive but it will last a really, really long time so it's worth the initial investment. A tiny dab goes a long way!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2009 2:13:00 PM More reviews by Rachel137

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My lips have been majorly dry and flakey along the top edge for a while now (and it's summertime here) and none of my usual staples were helping (Bag Balm, Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream, Rosebud Salve). I tried to get my hands on Bepanthen Salve (which is not sold in the US) because its reviews on here are phenomenal, but I couldn't. I came across the reviews for Lansinoh which (like Bepanthen) is marketed as a nipple cream for nursing mothers. It's fantastic! The consistency is like a super, super thick Vaseline, but it's not at all gloppy. It's kind of amber/honey-colored and is completely odorless and tasteless and safe to put on your lips. It's 100% ultra-pure medical-grade lanolin (there are no other ingredients in it). I've been applying a thin layer before going to bed and it's working like a charm on my no-longer-flakey-and-uncomfortable lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2009 11:54:00 PM More reviews by lizard55

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product has seriously saved my lips. I was suffering from severely dry lips and tried every kind of lip product, including aquaphor, blistex medicated etc. This product is the only thing that worked and kept my lips moisturized and stopped them from getting dried out. I use this morning and night and I strongly recommend this if you have dry, chapped lips and feel like nothing works, this will!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2009 1:11:00 PM More reviews by earthymoon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is good for everything. Sure it kept my nipples soft and supple during the first year of nursing but it was great for lips and baby eczema too!
I bought another tube after I no longer needed it for my nipples. They're like steel now, even though I'm still nursing.
After my husband got over his creeped out feeling he started using it for his chapped lips on a regular basis.
I use it mixed with an inexpensive zinc ointment for my daughters eczema after trying dozens of baby eczema lotions.
I use it by itself on my daughters butt right after her bath to prevent diaper rash. She's 13 months old and has NEVER had diaper rash.
I use it to soften my heels and elbows.
I even use it on my sandwiches. Ok not really but it really is very versatile.
Lanolin is made from sheep sebum. Lansinoh's lanolin is purified to a medical grade.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No