Lansinoh Lanolin

100% pure lanolin

on 12/18/2009 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I purchased this product based on reviews here and elsewhere. It is a thick, very thick gel which is hard to squeeze out of the tube, and it is a bit pricey, but the results are great. I use some on my cuticles and lips each night before bed, then appy Aquaphor over them, and no cracked or chapped or split fingers or lips thus far this winter. It's been very cold and very dry here where I live, and it's been wet and cold as well and so the skin gets quite a workout trying to figure out what to do.

I've read that folks who grew up in intensely cold regions (which I did) develop cracks in cuticles more easily than those from temperate zones, and so now I'm not just thinking these cracked areas will get better and be gone. I work with my hands and at times these cuticle cracks are painful. Lansinoh heals them quickly, and probably is preventative too. I ought to mention that if one is lanolin-sensitive, then this product is not for you.

The stuff can be warmed to make it more viscous but I'm too lazy to do it so I just use my fingers to work it into the areas where it does such wonderful healing.

Definite re-purchase.

After reading the reviews I really wanted to get this product. Unfortunately it was almost $9.00 but I figured since everyone said it's so great I'd buy it. I could care less about the packaging. I like that it lasts a long time and adds a bit of shine. What I don't like is that my lips are still chapped in some places. It worked better for me in the beginning and now it doesn't seem to work as well. It's still the best thing that I found so far. It does make my lips softer and keeps them hydrated but I still have a couple of dry rough spots.Overall I like this product and will continue to buy it unless I find something better.

on 12/11/2009 9:10:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I was told about this awesome product by some lovely ladies here, I used it for it's original purpose, then on a particularly cold day I found myself without my chapstick, so i reached into the diaperbag and squeezed a bit out and put it on, OMGoodness, this lasted until the next day! I'm never looking back, this stuff is great, a little pricey but totally worth it since a little goes a long way.

on 12/11/2009 8:39:00 PM

This is the only thing that works for my super dry lips.....I started using retin-a and also because its wintertime my lips have been crazy dry, and painful. I kinda wish they had this in like a little travel tube or something, possibly something that doesn't say 'for breastfeeding mothers' because i would love to keep a tube on my desk at work, but am a little embarassed to have that out.....i have some in a little plastic container, but it would be so convenient to have it in a little tube. oh well.....this stuff is just too good to complain about!

on 12/11/2009 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Love this product. I've been using it for years. When I had my son 7 years ago, I used it for it's original purpose for about a year or so. Then a friend told me to try it on my lips, elbows, knees... basically anywhere that needed a little extra TLC. I was hooked. I live in Texas, so it's really only ever dry/cold 2 months out of the year, but I have eczema on my hands and this stuff is my saving grace. I put it on at night and then wear gloves. I honestly couldn't live without this. I keep a couple of tubes in the house and small jars in all of the travel cases.

on 12/11/2009 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Well, sign my name to the believers. I bought my 1st tube very sceptically but after the first few times, my lips were still hydrated the next morning. This stuff is not greasy but more waxy but it goes on and stays on. I also use it on my cuticles. It's hard to get out toward the last but worth the effort. Thanks to all who turned me onto this product.

on 11/14/2009 2:50:00 AM

Love this stuff. Bought it a year ago during my journey to find the best lip balm. For years I was using Aquaphor but last winter my lips cracked so badly I found by morning my lips were dry again after the night application and still cracked. Then I found Lasinoh! I was browsing Walgreen's late night for balms and stumbled across it. I thought eh, what the heck. Fixed my lips within a couple of days and was back to good. Fell off from use during the summer then during this fall my lips cracked again. I forgot about the Lansinoh and was using Aquaphor again to no use. Then I remembered this and tore my house upside down to find it. Fixed my lips again! This time I will not forget about it. Thick consistency, nothing quite I can compare it to. No smell or taste. After its warmed up on lips has a super smooth texture. I'm thinking of emptying out a couple of those Clinique eye cream sample containers that come in the gift with purchase so I can carry it around in my purse. Also, sometimes I add pure vitamin E oil to the Lasinoh when my lips are super bad and raw and I feel it helps them heal up faster. God send!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This product cares for my lips better than any I have come across. I have used a wide variety, moving from Vaseline and Lucas Pawpaw to Lipsmackers, Nivea balms, Palmer's lip butter, Blistex, Carmex, Chapstick and a range of "natural" balms (Yes to Carrots, Suvana etc). These worked to varying degrees of efficiency but I was far from satisfied with any.

Since I began using Lansinoh many months ago, my lips have cracked perhaps twice, and not at all seriously. This is a vast improvement from before! They feel softer, smoother and are, surprisingly, definitely plumper and pinker. I'm not sure how this is possible, but I assume it's just the result of my lips being adequately moisturised (although it could be a slight allergic reaction). I should note that my lips sometimes feel dry, slightly burny and uncomfortable underneath this product, despite not actually drying out. This is quite annoying so I sometimes apply a drop of oil (olive, jojoba or macadamia) before the Lansinoh.

Lansinoh IS sticky, and wearing it on a windy day does cause my hair- and goodness knows what else- to stick to my lips, but I have otherwise grown used to it.

I also use Lansinoh to help heal sores/pimples without flaking.

I have repurchased several times, buying three 7g tubes ($6 each) before committing to a 56g tube ($20). For convenient (and potentially less embarrassing!) transport I transfer product from this tube into a small MAC tester jar, which is perfect.

on 11/5/2009 11:54:00 PM

I use this on my face after I've tried some new, raved about product that ended up frying my skin. It can heal BP burns in a day. I also use it around my eye area about twice a week. Warm it up in your hands first until it's smooth and spreadable. Also great on cracked heals.

on 11/5/2009 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

I came across this review because of makeup alley! So thanks ladies. This tube 2oz(56 grams) will last forever. It really helps my dry, chapped lips. It is a little weird that I have a product that says for breastfeeding mothers! My mom was like what did you buy now! haha. This also seems great at sealing in other lip balms. I put safflower oil on my lips, let it soak in then put this on to seal it in. Worked wonderful! This also lasts all night, I still have it on my lips when I wake up. I don't detect a smell, and you only need the tiniest bit. I also use this on my elbows,knees and feet for dry skin. I also put this on my knees, elbows before I put self tanner. I bet if you have severely dry hands you could put this on them. So glad I have come across this product!

Popular Lip Treatments