July 30, 2014 | 1855 users online

Lip Treatments - Lansinoh Lanolin

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2009 6:26:00 PM More reviews by mtview

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product. I used to apply aquaphor before bedtime. This product works even better than aquaphor. It really stays on your lips. It is sometimes difficult to squeeze out the content from the tube if the temp in your house is cold. The balm seems to solidify in the tube. I wish they make little sample size tubes so I can carry it with me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2009 6:36:00 PM More reviews by Saramela

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I recently had a baby and this was recommended by the lactation consultants for its original purpose. Of course I immediately had to check it out on MUA and discovered that it's an amazing lip balm! I have three large tubes of this scattered around the house (by the bed, in the bathroom with my makeup, and in my son's playroom) and then I've got a couple of little 3 gram jars stashed in random places like the diaper bag and a kitchen cabinet. Can you tell that I'm obsessed with this stuff? I only wish that I could leave some in the car but it melts too easily and could make a huge mess. A tube is relatively expensive but it will last a really, really long time so it's worth the initial investment. A tiny dab goes a long way!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2009 2:13:00 PM More reviews by Rachel137

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My lips have been majorly dry and flakey along the top edge for a while now (and it's summertime here) and none of my usual staples were helping (Bag Balm, Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream, Rosebud Salve). I tried to get my hands on Bepanthen Salve (which is not sold in the US) because its reviews on here are phenomenal, but I couldn't. I came across the reviews for Lansinoh which (like Bepanthen) is marketed as a nipple cream for nursing mothers. It's fantastic! The consistency is like a super, super thick Vaseline, but it's not at all gloppy. It's kind of amber/honey-colored and is completely odorless and tasteless and safe to put on your lips. It's 100% ultra-pure medical-grade lanolin (there are no other ingredients in it). I've been applying a thin layer before going to bed and it's working like a charm on my no-longer-flakey-and-uncomfortable lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2009 11:54:00 PM More reviews by lizard55

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product has seriously saved my lips. I was suffering from severely dry lips and tried every kind of lip product, including aquaphor, blistex medicated etc. This product is the only thing that worked and kept my lips moisturized and stopped them from getting dried out. I use this morning and night and I strongly recommend this if you have dry, chapped lips and feel like nothing works, this will!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2009 1:11:00 PM More reviews by earthymoon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is good for everything. Sure it kept my nipples soft and supple during the first year of nursing but it was great for lips and baby eczema too!
I bought another tube after I no longer needed it for my nipples. They're like steel now, even though I'm still nursing.
After my husband got over his creeped out feeling he started using it for his chapped lips on a regular basis.
I use it mixed with an inexpensive zinc ointment for my daughters eczema after trying dozens of baby eczema lotions.
I use it by itself on my daughters butt right after her bath to prevent diaper rash. She's 13 months old and has NEVER had diaper rash.
I use it to soften my heels and elbows.
I even use it on my sandwiches. Ok not really but it really is very versatile.
Lanolin is made from sheep sebum. Lansinoh's lanolin is purified to a medical grade.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2009 1:05:00 PM More reviews by mehmehmeh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

this stuff has saved my life (and possibly my son's, I had PPD) more than once, let's just say nursing didnt come easily to us. well I wont even get into all the scabs, scars, pus, and mastitis but this is also good for lips, baby buttski rashes, dry hands, lanolin is used in many lotions and creams, way back when some lucky lady noticed her shephard husband's hands were gorgeous and realised it was from the sleepy sheep and here we are today, with happy nipples and happy lipsies. if I could give this 12 lippies I would.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2009 7:59:00 PM More reviews by Sirenas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was like a MIRACLE for my lips! And trust me I have tried everything! I read the review here and decided to give it a chance since I have tried literally hundreds of products, from the famous Carmex, to alll chapsticks, high end lip treatments, everything. The idea of putting something on my lips that meant for the breasts I have to admit threw me a little off, but I am so glad I did. Ive had extremely dry, chapped lips for as far as I can remember to the point that others notice and would tell me my lips were chapped. The consistency of this is very thick and hard to spread so I only use it in the night and wake up to super smooth lips like BUTTER. In the morning I wear Neutrogena Ageless Intensives Lip Plumping Treatment because it works miracles as well and has SPF 20. I've been using these two for about a year or more now and dont even remember what dry lips feel like! Try it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2009 7:05:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Bought for breastfeeding. Sticky pure lanoloin (don't use if you are allergic to sheep sebum - ha ha!).

Would not use for other purposes. Too heavy. Although - others swear by this for chapped lips. Hmmmm - maybe that will be how I use this up.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2009 6:39:00 AM More reviews by silvertips

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is fantastic!! I originaly bought this for breastfeeding (and if you've ever had the experience of peeling yourself off the ceiling during those first few feeds - OMG the pain!) then you'll have prob tried this as it is the best for sore nips. ;o)

Anyway, i've just rediscovered this as a dry skin treatment and is is wonderful. The texture is a bit like Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream, quite thick and a bit sticky, but used as a night treatment of for lips it is second to none. I get dry patches of skin on my nose (usually in winter or when I have a cold) and i've tried vaseline, Nivea creme, even body butter but the dryness came back. One application of Lansinoh before bed and my skin (used on lips and nose) are soft as anything and all dryness disappeared. It's a bit expensive (about 10 a tube in UK) but will last forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2009 10:25:00 AM More reviews by funnelbabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this product. Bought it based upon the reviews on here, and have gotten my husband and his male friends hooked on it as well! I have even started applying some to my cuiticles everynight before bed and it's working great as a cuticle cream! I bought a bunch of small tubes online and got some from another MUAer and carry one with me always. It's great stuff!!!!