July 25, 2014 | 936 users online

Moisturizers - La Mer - Creme de la mer moisturizer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2011 4:05:00 PM More reviews by lmande

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wanted to NOT like this since its so expensive. Also I thought that nothing would take me away from my beloved Laszlo products! I still use many of them and a handful of Darphin products but I have to say I've noticed more of a difference with this cream than anything I've used previously. I'm only using it at night but I've been getting a great result from it.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2011 4:53:00 PM More reviews by zoemiller

Uh oh. I really really didn't want or expect to like this. I tried a couple of generous samples to basically write it off. According to Paula Begoun this cream is a no-go due to the outdated formula, lack of sunscreen, jar packaging and price. On paper, I agree. But on my skin? Quite simply the only moisturiser that, for me, negates the need for primer, tinted moisturiser or foundation. Smoothes the skin, soothes irritation, minimises pores and reduces scarring. Doesn't break me out, or make my skin greasy. I'm a total convert because I don't need to use heaps of product and the effect is noticeable. I'm 30 now, and I'll stick with this product while I see these results. Combined with Estee Lauder ANR, perfection.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2011 4:25:00 PM More reviews by Mathou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

"The best creme in the world".. I use it at night as it's a tad too "sticky" for my taste for daytime wear.. It's truly amazing and I fully understand the hype about "Creme de La Mer" - it makes my skin soft as a baby's and it gives a nice glow. I use it with Radiant infusion or the Hydration infusion prior and follow with the Eye Balm Intense,..
I am quite young to use La Mer (22 years) but I know it'll benefit me when I get older..... This is pure luxury! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2011 5:02:00 PM More reviews by chaosgreeneyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm updating my review. When I tried this as a daily moisturizer during the summer, it clogged my pores, though I've noticed that it almost magically healed big occasional zits. So in summer I just rarely used it as a spot treatment, which was kinda funny for that price. Then fall came, I run out my 3.5 ml sample, had a real stress at work and said hello to a few angry red zits, which threatened to leave red marks on my cheeks - and since I'm really pale, it was depressing. I ran for a 30 ml size and decided to give it another chance as a daily moisturizer.

I'm truly impressed how it works now in cold November! I've been using it for 2 weeks and didn't noticed any clogged pores (yet:)). Sounds weird, but it's a kind of economy for me, 'cause I don't need to buy a separate day and night moisturizers, and I also use this as an eye treatment and it works lovely!

Its texture is thick, the smell is VERY strong and I wish it was a tube... but NOTHING is close to this when it comes to zits fighting! A nice moisturizer and a good base for literally every foundation, including mineral (I use a bit drying Alima's) is a nice bonus.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2011 4:10:00 PM More reviews by barbie_c0ri

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just wanted to try this out compared to the gel cream so I got a sample. It didn't work out for me, I have oily/combo skin and somewhat sensitive. I already got a tiny pimple on my cheeks and I do not ever get pimple there. So, no to the moisturizing cream and yes to the gel cream. If you're leaning toward oily with combo/sensitive skin then get the gel cream, and if you're leaning toward dry with combo skin then get the moisturizing cream. I also felt that 80% of the product absorbed into my skin fast but the rest sits on top my skin, therefore, I prefer the gel cream because it's lightweight and it completely absorbed into my skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/24/2011 10:46:00 AM More reviews by kcj1314

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Okay so I felt that I had to try this once in my life. I hit 30 so why not now? The SA sold me the large jar for 250 and I had to pay cash so my husband didn't find out. At nordstrom they give u free facials with the purchase of la mer so i tried to justify the price (however I never scheduled one). I faithfully used this product twice a day for over 6 months. I even put it on my husband and sister occasionally. But alas the jar is empty and here are my thoughts...
It's a very nice moisturizer with healing properties. It didn't break me out and I felt spoiled every time I put it on. It wears really well under makeup and keeps my skin hydrated with no oilies all day.
However, this is a budget busting purchase for me that just didn't live up to my expectations. I hate that u have to warm up the cream between your fingers because mine absorbed half of it before it reached my face! Frustrating! Albeit moisturizing, la mer never produced that special "glow". If this product did something exceptional then I would justify the price. I am very happy I can say I've used it and even happier to say I won't use it again!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2011 11:13:00 PM More reviews by lovelyday

With the change of the season, I noticed my skin was getting drier and flaky and my regular moisturizer of Jojoba oil simply was not enough. Years years ago I had used La Mer, and I had liked it but because of the cost I did not continue using it. Older and with my expendable income, I decided to give it another whirl.

I applied a pea size amount between my fingers to emulsify the cream and pat into my skin. Within a week, I noticed my skin was transformed and felt thoroughly hydrated. Success! I did not expect this product to work any miracles on my skin, I'm in my early 30s so my main goals are maintenance and just keeping the youth as long as possible.

I use this both at night and in the morning under my makeup. I was surprised that even under makeup, it did not cause my makeup to melt. After 10+ hours, my face looks plump and fresh as when I left the house in the morning.

I'm using multiple La Mer items right now (eye balm, regenerating serum, refining facial), but the combo of all of them with my Clarisonic leaves me with beautifully soft & moisturized skin.

I would definitely repurchase this once I run out. I think La Mer will be a permanent staple in my arsenal.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2011 7:43:00 PM More reviews by JK23

I've used this for years and I do like my night creams greasy... The smallest jar (1oz) usually lasts me for a full year because I only use it at night, on my "dry areas" of my forehead and under my eyes. On my eyes, I layer it over a light retinol cream. I really feel it's the best moisturizer I've ever used and worth the $150-ish.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2011 11:14:00 AM More reviews by mshesse

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So first of all I have oily and very sensitive skin. I also have acne because it's pretty much genetic and have been struggling with it for 7 years.....I'm 20. Most of my peers are already grown out of their acne, which makes it really frustrating for me. My skin is so sensitive that I have to change my pillow case everyday or else I'll wake up with an acne cluster. How I became familiar with la mer and it's effectiveness is that my mom had a severe case of adult cystic acne, which left scars the size of craters all over her face. She tried everything from creams to tens of thousands of dollars on chemical peels and laser treatments and her facialist told her about la mer. She's been using it for the past 6 years and I have never seen her skin texture so smooth. People constantly complain about the price, but for people like my mom, to spend a thousand dollars a year on la mer product a year is much much cheaper than a thousand dollar a session chemical peel or laser treatment. My mom has passed the product onto me and I've been using it for a few months and my skin has never been so clear nor have my huge pores been so small. I've tried prescriptive treatments and I've always had a negative reaction. La Mer is the only thing I can use that won't irritate my skin and that's effective. I wish I could use a cheaper product, but la mer is the only one that can get the job done.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2011 10:02:00 AM More reviews by Nikita91

This is a really good product and I believe that it works best as an intensive moisturizer and not a cosmetic dream-cream. This stuff is not going to erase 20 years of the face but for those of us of all ages with extremely dry skin, this cream is intensely hydrating. I also thought that it really improved the appearance of my skin; my skin appeared to have a nice glow (which any highly emollient moisturizer could do). All that said, I am not the biggest fan of its application. I don't like the fact that I have to warm it vigorously in my palms before "pressing" it onto my skin. Its a bit of an awkward application. Probably will buy again, but I am going to continue my search.