April 20, 2014 | 1337 users online

Moisturizers - La Mer - Creme de la mer moisturizer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2011 10:02:00 AM More reviews by Nikita91

This is a really good product and I believe that it works best as an intensive moisturizer and not a cosmetic dream-cream. This stuff is not going to erase 20 years of the face but for those of us of all ages with extremely dry skin, this cream is intensely hydrating. I also thought that it really improved the appearance of my skin; my skin appeared to have a nice glow (which any highly emollient moisturizer could do). All that said, I am not the biggest fan of its application. I don't like the fact that I have to warm it vigorously in my palms before "pressing" it onto my skin. Its a bit of an awkward application. Probably will buy again, but I am going to continue my search.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2011 2:04:00 AM More reviews by KileyMc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My husband and I have been using this on and off for about 10 years. Every time we finish a jar we feel like it's just too expensive to repurchase. But after a bout of the retin-a peelies I was once again hooked. If you buy the 2 oz jar it's a much better deal. We both wake up to plump glowing skin-- at 37!!! I don't feel the anti-aging benefits are present so I use other products for that. But for hydration and that youthful glow it can't be beat. FYI. We were both loving Kate sommerville's k 8 peptide cream but this has it beat.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2011 1:33:00 PM More reviews by cherryme

Too greasy for my skin and it didn't do anything for my combo acne prone skin. It has a nice fragrance. It is very expensive. Not repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2011 4:47:00 PM More reviews by peacewillow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I cannot believe this doesn't have better reviews. I mean yes it is freaking crazy expensive but wow does it work. I am 29 with very fair, dry, sensitive skin. I cannot use hardly anything. I usually use verite by Estee Lauder. The moisturiser is $50 and the eye cream is like $40 or something. The eye cream isn't enough for my dry skin and the cream works well but I was hoping for some anti-aging properties. I got a few samples at the La Mer counter and fell in love. That was two weeks ago and my skin is perfect. My fine lines are disappering. I did have to go buy the 1 oz jar and hope to get a few months out of it. You really don't need a lot. I am not using a separate eye cream because you can use the reg cream on your eyes. I did get a sample eye cream to use under the La Mer cream but I don't think I will buy it. Kinda nice to just use one product. Anyway, my skin is so soft, clear, and my little lines seem to be better after just a couple weeks. Oh and most important I don't seem to be sensitive to it!!!!!!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2011 6:30:00 PM More reviews by crysna

For such an overpriced face cream that contents cheap ingredients like mineral oil whatsover! Never in my mind will buy something so expensive with results like less expensive products! Never mind will buy it again!!! Totally waste of money

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2011 3:13:00 AM More reviews by katrosado5

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Yes I've purchased the full size of this. Yes I used every bit of it too. Why? Because I paid through the nose for it to be honest.

This is either love or hate. I don't hate it but I certainly won't purchase it again. I had mentioned in another review for another product that I did not find La Mer to be any more moisturizing or vastly different from Nivea Creme. I know many will disagree with me and that's okay, I am only giving my honest opinion about the product.

I, in all honesty, can't suggest to spend the money that this product costs because I don't find it unique enough to say that if you don't buy this product you are missing out on A. an experience that can't be replicated with other products B. That this product is like no other product on the market.

Now don't get me wrong. I have a penchant for high end and luxury products. But, they have to be unique, and they have to be unduplicated.

This alas isn't that product. I know many swear by it. Jennifer Lopez is said to use all over her body. I don't care if I took a bath in it everyday I wouldn't end up looking anything like Ms. JLo. I'll leave this to the celebrities and I'll stick to Nivea even though I can afford La Mer I won't spend that amount on it. I'm sorry.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2011 7:09:00 AM More reviews by Angiee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I absolutely love CDLM. I have been using this on & off for about 8 years. The texture is super rich, thick and smells divine. If I could afford to use it all the time I would but the price is steeep. I find my face is glowy and moisturised when I use CDLM. I also suffer from allergic reactions to a lot of creams but never had a problem with this. Love love love.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2011 10:53:00 AM More reviews by Chabli

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

*sigh*
I love this cream. I really do. And I'm 100% positive that I love it so much because I paid one hundred and forty flipping dollars on it.
After I run out I'm going to try the much higher-rated Weleda Skin Food.
I will hate to run out of this. But once I do, no way can I repurchase.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2011 12:31:00 AM More reviews by ArizonaAngel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a great heavy moisturizer. But no more than Pond's creme or any other thick cream. I have used it on and off for about a year with no ill effects, but nothing amazing either. It didn't perform miracles ~ it did hydrate extremely well and leave my face very soft though. But because of the high price, low amount of product and the lacking performance there is no way I can justify buying this again. It also doesn't mix well with other products. I tried many times to add a Hylauronic Acid or oil or something on top of it and the other product kind of slid off. I am about finished with my jar and that will be it for me.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2011 10:16:00 AM More reviews by monvai

Worked really well for me for about 2 months - the first time I used it you can see the effects overnight. After 2 months Im not sure the effect'/impact on my skin is as strong. For the price I paid and for the diminishing effects...I wont buy it again. I think I can get the same benefits from a cheaper brand - I already tried Kiehls and it worked better than La Mer. Nevertheless, the skin transformation when I tried it for the first time was amazing.