August 29, 2014 | 1816 users online

Moisturizers - La Mer - Creme de la mer moisturizer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2011 4:55:00 PM More reviews by boglinmum

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Fantastic moisturiser. I can't understand the negative comments - I have very sensitive skin and this cream instantly soothes and calms. The positive comments I have had since using this more than make up for the price paid for it.I use the toner and eyes creams also - all work for me so much so I now use the liquid foundation - which again I fund one of the best I have ever used. Yes it's very expensive but lasts for many months - try a sampler first before buying.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2011 1:53:00 PM More reviews by ChristieL

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I LOVE THIS CREAM. First, it is not for everyone. It is extremely rich, quite expensive, and probably not the best for people with delicate skin. I have combo skin, some discolouration, and had dry patches on my face. It is a wonderful cream! I put it on at night and use it ALSO as an eye cream. My skin just loves it. I also put it on my lips and it cures the chapped bits. The wrinkles around my eyes have disappeared.

My sister has used this on her scarring on her arms (she had an accident), and I have noticed spots and old markings on my face fade a lot.

I must say that for what I wanted it for, the cream did its job and more. YAY. If you want something very emollient and have needs for your skin to be cured/nourished in special ways, it's great. BUT if you want something that's for anti-ageing (AHA or good for cell turnover, this is not it).

Also, I've noticed that a lot of people have complained about that "cheap" ingredients and "fillers" in this cream. Honestly, it doesn't matter that much if the overall recipe of the cream works for your skin! I don't really care about that! I've tried purely organic creams where I can read the small list of "fresh" ingredients. I have also used creams with no mineral oil, or no petrolatum, and that does NOT mean that they're "better". A good cream can have great ingredients (i.e. Kelp and such) mixed with other things, and still be good for some people :)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2011 3:22:00 PM More reviews by moment5211

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used this cream for a month then I felt it is too heavy for me. Now that I have found my HG moiturizer - Perricone MD nourishing moiturizer- great for my winter irritated, sensitive, acne-prone skin, I am editing my review for la mer. I will keep it 4 lippies because of the pros:

+ soothing, calming
+ great hydration
+ balance skin condition/ moiturizing but not greasy
+ a little goes a long way

But i guess for my age or my skin type, it's just too heavy for me, I don't feel comfortable wearing it.

Bottom line is, when I get much older/ feel absolutely desperate to fix wrinkles, I will repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2011 8:37:00 PM More reviews by Sophia1105

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Initially tried b/c ingredient profile worked for my skin (no -cones). Loved how it felt like a balm, made my face feel like my body does after an exfoliating treatment + body cream--smooth, soft, supple. Bought b/c of good ingredients and the fact that it did offer a dewiness or a glow, it didn't slip off my face likeother moisturizers can. This moisturizer has some real endurance to it, the suppleness I get from the initial application lasts many hours into my day without turning greasy or sliding off, leaves that balm feeling for hours. I don't expect a moisturizer to erase fine lines, wrinkles, etc. I just expect it to moisturize and that's what this does, the best in category that I have yet to try. This wears better and longer than my beloved skin oils (John Masters, Decleor, Caudalie, EVOO, argan oil), and gave a richer feel, more dewiness and glow than other moisturizers I've tried (Kinerase Night--old formula, Caudalie Premier Cru). I'm hoping this helps with acne scarring and redness but I don't expect much. But for a moisturizer, this is really the best. And expensive but worth it, worth making room in the budget for.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2011 4:05:00 PM More reviews by lmande

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wanted to NOT like this since its so expensive. Also I thought that nothing would take me away from my beloved Laszlo products! I still use many of them and a handful of Darphin products but I have to say I've noticed more of a difference with this cream than anything I've used previously. I'm only using it at night but I've been getting a great result from it.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2011 4:53:00 PM More reviews by zoemiller

Uh oh. I really really didn't want or expect to like this. I tried a couple of generous samples to basically write it off. According to Paula Begoun this cream is a no-go due to the outdated formula, lack of sunscreen, jar packaging and price. On paper, I agree. But on my skin? Quite simply the only moisturiser that, for me, negates the need for primer, tinted moisturiser or foundation. Smoothes the skin, soothes irritation, minimises pores and reduces scarring. Doesn't break me out, or make my skin greasy. I'm a total convert because I don't need to use heaps of product and the effect is noticeable. I'm 30 now, and I'll stick with this product while I see these results. Combined with Estee Lauder ANR, perfection.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2011 4:25:00 PM More reviews by Mathou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

"The best creme in the world".. I use it at night as it's a tad too "sticky" for my taste for daytime wear.. It's truly amazing and I fully understand the hype about "Creme de La Mer" - it makes my skin soft as a baby's and it gives a nice glow. I use it with Radiant infusion or the Hydration infusion prior and follow with the Eye Balm Intense,..
I am quite young to use La Mer (22 years) but I know it'll benefit me when I get older..... This is pure luxury! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2011 5:02:00 PM More reviews by chaosgreeneyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm updating my review. When I tried this as a daily moisturizer during the summer, it clogged my pores, though I've noticed that it almost magically healed big occasional zits. So in summer I just rarely used it as a spot treatment, which was kinda funny for that price. Then fall came, I run out my 3.5 ml sample, had a real stress at work and said hello to a few angry red zits, which threatened to leave red marks on my cheeks - and since I'm really pale, it was depressing. I ran for a 30 ml size and decided to give it another chance as a daily moisturizer.

I'm truly impressed how it works now in cold November! I've been using it for 2 weeks and didn't noticed any clogged pores (yet:)). Sounds weird, but it's a kind of economy for me, 'cause I don't need to buy a separate day and night moisturizers, and I also use this as an eye treatment and it works lovely!

Its texture is thick, the smell is VERY strong and I wish it was a tube... but NOTHING is close to this when it comes to zits fighting! A nice moisturizer and a good base for literally every foundation, including mineral (I use a bit drying Alima's) is a nice bonus.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2011 4:10:00 PM More reviews by barbie_c0ri

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just wanted to try this out compared to the gel cream so I got a sample. It didn't work out for me, I have oily/combo skin and somewhat sensitive. I already got a tiny pimple on my cheeks and I do not ever get pimple there. So, no to the moisturizing cream and yes to the gel cream. If you're leaning toward oily with combo/sensitive skin then get the gel cream, and if you're leaning toward dry with combo skin then get the moisturizing cream. I also felt that 80% of the product absorbed into my skin fast but the rest sits on top my skin, therefore, I prefer the gel cream because it's lightweight and it completely absorbed into my skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/24/2011 10:46:00 AM More reviews by kcj1314

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Okay so I felt that I had to try this once in my life. I hit 30 so why not now? The SA sold me the large jar for 250 and I had to pay cash so my husband didn't find out. At nordstrom they give u free facials with the purchase of la mer so i tried to justify the price (however I never scheduled one). I faithfully used this product twice a day for over 6 months. I even put it on my husband and sister occasionally. But alas the jar is empty and here are my thoughts...
It's a very nice moisturizer with healing properties. It didn't break me out and I felt spoiled every time I put it on. It wears really well under makeup and keeps my skin hydrated with no oilies all day.
However, this is a budget busting purchase for me that just didn't live up to my expectations. I hate that u have to warm up the cream between your fingers because mine absorbed half of it before it reached my face! Frustrating! Albeit moisturizing, la mer never produced that special "glow". If this product did something exceptional then I would justify the price. I am very happy I can say I've used it and even happier to say I won't use it again!