MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

I absolutely love this foundation and I have recently bought my second bottle. Many reviews say that its cakey but I do not find this at all if I use correct blending. Beautiful Matte Coverage.
The only downside is the packaging, as the product gets lower, you kind of have to swing the bottle to get the foundation out or keep it upside down. Can get messy but its worth it as I have had no luck with previous foundations. I use colour NW20 and it blends in perfectly.
I would recommend this product!

on 10/26/2014 12:35:00 PM

4 stars it's not perfect but makes skin look clear, flawless and even. Great for oily skin types, lasts all day on face, my fave foundation so far that I have tried in 6 years

on 10/22/2014 6:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I had read so many good things about Studio Fix Fluid here and on YT videos. I got my usual NC20 color which is perfect for me in Mineralize liquid foundation, C1-N2 in Face & Body. I had wanted to try the matte look that's been popular this season. NC20 in Studio Fix Fluid was too yellow and too dark for me, and the finished texture was extremely dry, accentuated every line around the eyes. It does cover blemishes. This formula would seem to work best on young, oily skin. If you do get it, consider going lighter and more neutral than you think you'd need. Test on face near hairline before purchasing -- don't try to get the color right by using just hand or jawline. I'll stick with Mineralize liquid and F&B.

on 10/21/2014 11:37:00 AM

its amazing.. but it is not an everyday wear foundation..it does dry out fast and its coverage is really amazing.. its not an everyday foundation because its too heavy and isn't moisturising or nourishing..

on 10/15/2014 9:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

SHADE - I got this in NC35. I'm Asian with light medium skintone and warm undertones. NC35 is a good match for me.

FINISH - At first, I really didn't love this. There was just something off about the finish but then I used it with a good primer and voila! Flawless, awesome, brilliant! If you haven't been able to make this work for you, experiment with different primers underneath. The one that I love using with this right now is a Korean primer - A'Pieu Magic Pore Cover Balm.

COVERAGE - It's full coverage. I use the smallest amount, like a tiny dot, for everyday use. You can thin it out even more with your moisturizer for even lighter coverage. For more coverage, it's very buildable. Apply in thin layers until you get where you need to be. Side Note: There's something latex-y about this, if you know what I mean (like Estee Lauder Double Wear). It's like it forms a thin film but it's not mask-like as long as you apply with a light hand. If you have zits, acne scars, blemishes, or dark spots, you'd still need a touch of concealer.

LASTING POWER - Good and even better with a good primer.

PACKAGING - It comes in a bottle with a twist cap. The consistency of the foundie is thick and the opening of the bottle is small. My bottle is still mostly full but I imagine It would be a challenge to get stuff out when it's less full. This is not cheap so I want to get every drop I can out of it. :P The packaging makes that difficult.

on 10/10/2014 6:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is HEAVY. The coverage is strong enough that it's basically a full ounce of concealer. For daily use, I cut just one pump of this with two pumps of CeraVe PM moisturizer. I really only use this straight at night because the finish is not very flattering on my skin due to some scarring and big pores. I would never use this at full strength during the day regardless of skin type, though. Still, for the price and the insane coverage, I will still probably repurchase this because I have pretty significant issues with hyperpigmentation.

on 10/1/2014 6:24:00 PM

I love this foundation!

It has taken me a good 5-6 years to find a foundation I like but this is my favourite. It doesn't dry my skin out like other foundations do and it doesn't slide off and look greasy hours later like others can (I team this with the mac studio fix foundation).

The bottles seem small but surprising quite a lot of product In, I'm the uk it's priced at £21.50 so it's not cheap but still fairly affordable and for a good foundation it is worth paying. I can definitely tell this difference when I use this my skin looks almost flawless when I do wear this.

Would I buy it again? 100% yes!

on 9/27/2014 4:40:00 PM

I absolutely love this foundation. I've long struggled with drug store foundations that have never quite matched my skin tone or they've irritated my face. During a trip to Ireland I decided to splurge and pick myself up a bottle of the studio fix fluid in NW20. It goes on smooth and literally lasts the entire day.

on 9/25/2014 10:13:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is my go-to foundation for a night out. I definitely wouldn't wear it everyday because it's a little too heavy for that (at least for my liking since I like looking more natural during the day). Since it is a full coverage foundation, I find that it makes my skin look flawless in photos. It does look a little caked in person, however.

on 9/20/2014 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I like this foundation pretty well. I'm pretty pale, but also yellow. (NC20) no drugstore foundations work for me. They're too pink and look like I've rubbed blush all over my face. I have been incorrectly matched as a NW shade, mostly because I'm Caucasian and most people think white=pink undertones. And often times, the person at the counter will match you wrong and try to shame you into buying what they suggested. Don't listen to them. Ask for samples of what they suggested, and what you think and try them both out.

As for actual Studio Fix, I do like this. It can look cakey if you don't blend it well. It makes me look dry sometimes but I do have very dry skin.