December 19, 2014 | 845 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2014 3:45:00 PM More reviews by Lms526

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I've tried MAC Pro Longwear (settled into the bumps in my face) and Matchmaster (okay, pretty good, but transfers badly and color was a little off.) I was using Lancome Teint Miracle, but didn't think it was anything spectucular. I got a sample of Nars Sheer Glow (good color, but not enough coverage) I read a lot of positive reviews (on the MAC website) about Studio Fix. I hadn't tried this one, before, so I decided to get a sample. I've had trouble in the past finding my shade in MAC. I definitely have cool undertones. But the NW shades tend to be too orange and the NC tend to be too yellow.

Finding the right shade in Studio Fix Fluid required some patience as well as trial and error. The supernice SA matched me to NW20. I got a sample of that. I tried it. I love the coverage and finish of the foundation, but the color was a little off. When I first applied it, it was great. But after it dried and oxidized slightly, it was a bit too orange. It wasn't to the point where I was embarrrassed to wear it in public, but it was definitely not right. So yesterday, I went back to Macy's and talked to a different SA. I told her that I loved the foundation, but the color wasn't quite right. I told her that I'd tried NW20, but it wasn't quite right. She recommended that I try C3.5 She said that it was more neutral and wasn't as pink as the NW shades and not as yellow as the NC. I was getting an eye exam, so I didn't have any makeup on. It was a perfect match. It blended in seamlessly to my neck. No more dreaded foundation line. I did get a sample just to be sure. It's always hard to get a good idea of the color in the store lights. I tried this morning, and love it. I took a while, but I think I FINALLY found my correct shade in MAC. I went back this morning and purchased a full-sized bottle.

In my opinion, the only complaint I have about this foundation is the fact that you have to purchase the pump separately for $9. It's not that big of a deal, but seriously, it should come with it's own pump. All the other MAC foundations come with a pump, so why can't this one? But that's minor. I did purchase a pump at the same time. I will definitely repurchase this foundation and will reuse the pump. This foundation is long-lasting even on my incredibly oily nose and cheeks. It doesn't sweat off and it doesn't transfer as far as I can tell. Definitely my favorite MAC foundation.

EDIT: 3/25/14
Even though I still love the coverage and staying power of this foundation, I ended up returning it. There is something in here that my skin just doesn't like. It clogs my pores like crazy. I looked at my face yesterday after removing my makeup, and noticed that I have about 5 (very small, but still) new whiteheads on my right cheek. I have had several more whiteheads on my forehead, and I think they started when I was using MAC Matchmaster foundation. I've never had whiteheads before, and this foundation is the only change I've made in my makeup routine lately. I've decided to go back to using Lancome Teint Miracle. This actually really irks me because I really loved the Studio Fix Fluid. But obviously, I'm not going to use something that is going to totally wreck my skin. My skin is not at all acne prone. I very rarely get zits. But if you are acne prone or subject to clogged pores, I would avoid MAC foundations at all costs.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/2/2014 10:03:00 AM More reviews by a2bruta

All MAC foundations break me out terribly. If you are suffering from acne, stop using it for a while and see if it improves. If you don't break out then you might like it. Good coverage and colour selection.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2014 5:15:00 AM More reviews by HottSauce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I already own studio sculpt which is wonderful and dewy perfect for winter, so I had to try out studio fix as a potential for spring/summer

.I received a generous sample of this and tried it in several situations from going outside, shopping, at work/class, and last night I went out. This can withstand anything while still being perfect. I never had to touch up from oil. Covers everything. The only situation I have not tried out are photos. I don't know if it will have that glowing white cast in photos. It's on my list to find out.

I'm half Asian half Caucasian and I always have a problem finding my shade but MAC is spot on(NC40)

This is completely matte and full coverage. I'm not a matte person but this is an exception for I like the shade and coverage.I spritz my face with rosewater to get rid of the super matte look,although, its till pretty matte. Its not the best for dry skin. It brought out my dry spots and dried me out even further. I had to dab some lotion over my face. Be sure to moisturize thoroughly.

A little goes a long way and I was also told this mixed with moisturizer can tone down the coverage. This is why I prefer full coverage, less product. It does not come with a pump....seriously MAC? not very fair.

Anyways, I'm not a sensitive skin lady/acne prone but until yet, I have not had any bad reactions other than it drying out my skin.

So it's not cheap, but it's not the most expensive foundation like compared to my shiseido one. I almost love this foundation, its a very good foundation overall.

UPDATE:13.APRIL.2014: I have noticed after a week of wearing this straight, it dries out my skin like no other! i can only wear this maximum twice a week. It also becomes more difficult to apply, and Im not longer attracted to the consistency of this on my normal-dry skin. Its like putting on paint. But I really like the shade and coverage! i will go back to studio sculpt or moisture mineralize.......ladies, if you have combination-oily skin, you will LOVE Studio fix fluid.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2014 11:13:00 PM More reviews by Vanderkoush

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am a bulletproof oundation soft o gal. I want primer FULL coverage foundation, setting powder and setting spray. This is my go to foundation for a freshflawless look, when I am going to have my picture taken , and when I am engaging in my nighttime social life (I'll leave it to your imagintion as to what I meant by that). This stays on the whole day. Love the way it looks, and makes me feel beautiful.BTW I do not break out- at least not more than normal.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2014 10:38:00 PM More reviews by Breena

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

NC35.

For people with acne and oily skin, this is brilliant. However, I have normal/combination skin, and I find that this foundation clings to the slightly drier parts of my skin. If properly moisturising and priming beforehand, it's no problem, so this doesn't particularly bother me much.
What DOES bother me, is the paint-like smell. God, it's awful. Oh and the fact that it doesn't come with a pump. You have to buy one separately, which costs you £4, meaning you pay £25.50 for this foundation, but, for what it does I think we can look past that.
Provides medium buildable coverage with an extremely matte finish, which, like I said before, is brilliant for those of us that have oily skin. I don't even really have to wear concealer to hide my acne scars when wearing this.
I do use this foundation if I know I'm going to be out for a while, say if I'm going for a night out or if I have to be at a function all day, as it is pretty long wearing.

I do recommend this.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2014 7:57:00 PM More reviews by yungerin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

What I liked about this foundation was the coverage and color match...I have so many acne scars, acne, and dark circles, this foundation covered it perfectly. It's not very cake-y, so that shouldn't be of concern. The color fit me perfectly and they have so many shades! one of the downfalls of this foundation, I have oily skin. It does not last without using a primer. (I now use the MAC oil free primer with this product, works 100% better!) additionally, it will make you break out if you're not following a good skin care regimen with this product. Don't leave it on all day, but it probably won't last that long anyway.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2014 7:18:00 AM More reviews by LummazXO

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is one of my favourite foundations. The coverage is fantastic and I can layer it a couple of times without it getting too thick on my face. I love the texture of it and it doesn't dry too fast, which means it is easy to blend. I have used a stippling brush, expert face brush, beauty blender and good old fashioned fingers to apply this product and every technique works well with it. The only downsides are that it smells like paint, which isn't a huge issue for me, and when my skin was drier I found it very hard to apply this evenly over my skin. lastly, the lack of a pump can be tricky but I purchased one from the MAC counter at the same time which is lockable and has a cap, so no mess!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2014 6:50:00 AM More reviews by wtfishes

It is so darn expensive but it provides full coverage and it 1 bottle lasts me quite a while. Downside, no pump and smells like paint. Wouldn't recommend it to people who is not used to wearing foundation because it is very thick. I usually mix it with moisturizer to thin it out.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2014 6:04:00 PM More reviews by leannex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product! Yes it is quite expensive but if you want a full coverage foundation this is great. Been using for a year now and definitely will continue to repurchase. I use a primer, then this and set it with a body shop powder. Love it!:)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2014 12:33:00 PM More reviews by mustangfanatic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

First off, this foundation is pretty thick. It really should have came with a pump.

Right now, its winter time and i'm having dry skin issues. I exfoliate once a week, and put on a night cream. The primer i use is Mac's prep+prime moisture infusion

If you moisturize properly, this foundation looks amazing! I'm an NC15, and it blends so well.
I use the original beauty blender to apply this. I would say that this coverage is medium and can be buildable.
I feel it gives me a matte finish. I do get oily on my t-zone through out the day, but i believe that's partly because of how much i am moisturizing. I haven't been setting my foundation because i ran out and i've been procrastinating on getting one. I will be purchasing a setting spray when i do decide to get one.