Lancome Definicils High Definition Mascara

3.7

Aqua/Water, Paraffin, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Acacia/Acacia Senegal Gum, Stearic Acid, Carnauba/Carnauba Wax, Palmitic Acid, Triethanolamine, Simethicone, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Aminomethyl Propanediol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Panthenol, Polyquaternium-10, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT. [ /- May contain: CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491/Iron Oxides]

on 4/20/2012 5:13:00 AM

I use the Definicils as my everyday mascara. I personally still like the Hypnose collection better because I enjoy the volume, but you cannot go wrong with Definicils on any given day-- your lashes just like evenly covered and defined. Again, try this on top of Lancome's Cils booster!

on 4/18/2012 6:02:00 PM

Best dept store mascara. I've always loved Definicils. It is amazing for really getting to each lash, stays put all day and gives amazing length and volume..The only drawback is the price. I do love it so and like to splurge on a tube once in awhile :)

on 4/17/2012 6:36:00 PM

This is quite a good mascara. It takes little effort applying and my lashes get dramatically long. Little to no clumping and great staying power. No complaints. I even uploaded a picture with just a light application on my lashes so you could see how good it works.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I actually really like this mascara! It's great for natural lashes. Gives good definition! Although the natural look isn't really my thing, it's nice to find a good high end mascara!

on 3/27/2012 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This is a great mascara for those who like a natural, polished look. It doesn't clump, doesn't smear or flake, and it's very good for lengthening and separating (not too much volume though).

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

My natural eyelashes are thick but straight and very short.
My idea of a perfect mascara is a black mascara that stays put and gives lots of length, definition, and some volume with no clumping and the ability to hold a curl for at least 8 hours and easy removal.
This mascara is pretty close to perfect.
It gives lots of length, definition, and a little volume. The length isn't the super duper incredibly sky-high kind of length; more like the perfect amount of length. It doesn't give any curling effects, though, but that's okay because I use an eyelash curler anyway (MAC Full Lash Curler).
When I crave for more volume, I use this in conjunction with the Maybelline Falsies Waterproof Mascara, and voila! I instantly get ultra-sexy long, super-thick, defined, curled eyelashes with (I can't believe this is even possible) NO CLUMPS! Even with like 5 coats!!! It's incredible what the power of two completely different mascaras can do!
My only complaints with the Definicils are the poor color and the non-ability to hold a curl for very long.
The color is supposed to be black, but it's actually a medium-to-dark gray. Like, if you took out the wand, you can instantly tell that it's gray--it isn't even close to black at all. But I have naturally black eyelashes and this doesn't turn my eyelashes gray, thank goodness.
I found out that this can only hold a curl for like 2 hours maximum. Maybe that's because of the Falsies, though, so I can't really tell.
I also found that it's kinda hard to remove, but then again, maybe that's because of the Falsies.
I wouldn't repurchase this because I only wear mascara like a few times a month so the tube I have now should be pretty sufficient (if it dries out I'll just soak it in a glass of hot water for 5 minutes). Plus, I really don't have a spare $26 to spend on a new mascara.

on 3/21/2012 8:04:00 AM

Best for definition. Deeply pigmented. Hardly ever clumps on me. Stays all day, comes right off with any makeup remover.

on 3/7/2012 12:19:00 PM

The only mascara that works for my lashes. Definitely HG.

on 3/4/2012 12:06:00 PM

i always heard good things about this mascara but i never tried it until recently. sad to say, but i was let down. it did absolutely nothing for my med. length lashes. it made them look sparse and maybe a tad darker. the brush was also very harsh on my lashes. i've never had a brush actually hurt me before. i'm hoping that maybe i had an old tube because it felt like there was very little product in this very expensive mascara. to me, this is just as terrible as great lash.

on 3/4/2012 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I have sparse lashes and this did nothing for them. I couldn't even tell that I had used mascara.

Popular Mascaras