October 24, 2014 | 1733 users online

Eyeliner - Bobbi Brown - Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2009 7:40:00 PM More reviews by Hasmik19

I have to agree, this is a great eyeliner because it STAYS ON ALL DAY. the reason i switched to this was b/c it is long wear. I always had pencil eyeliners smudge by the end of the day but this doesn't smudge on the corner of my eyes. I'd probably repurchase...it's my first gel eyeliner, so I have nothing to compare it too.

Better than pencil? Definitely. Just use a good brush. I use Benefit Get Bent and it works great.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2009 9:38:00 PM More reviews by wakeupjuliette

I'm the type of person who is really picky about eyeliner and have tried several that have smudged and cracked after long periods of time. I thought that the best eyeliner that ever lived would probably be the liquid eyeliner of Shu Uemura, but then as we all know, liquid eyeliner can hurt your eyes when you try to put it on your waterline. So while I was in the constant search of the "perfect eye liner" which I can apply to both my eyelids and waterline without smudging, my friend had suggested that I try the Bobbi Brown gel liner her mom had bought her, along with the brush the MUA recommended. I was quite skeptical about her recommendation, yet a few weeks after, I headed to the Bobbi Brown counter in our local department store and had the lady put the eyeliner on me. And my verdict? I LOVED IT. Bobbi Brown's gel liner is thick in terms of consistency, as well as opaqueness, and it is pigmented, so in just one sweep on your eyelids, you'll already get the desired intensity of the liner. Not only that, but you can easily correct it if you make any mistakes.

I guess the only problem I have with it though is that for one, it can be pretty dry after a while and the contents of the jar dry up after a certain span of time. Also, it smudges after around 2-3 hours when you apply it in the corners of your eyelids; but then again, any eyeliner would smudge when you put it there since that's where the oil accumulates. But besides that, the Bobbi Brown gel liner is a must-have in a girl's make-up kit ^_^

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2009 10:08:00 PM More reviews by aelgif

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this product! I use it to tight-line my eyes with Laura Mercier's flat eyeliner brush. If you put the tiniest amount of product on the brush, it will look surprisingly natural and will be easier to apply. Looking forward to trying more colours.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2009 11:35:00 AM More reviews by Kristalove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

HG eyeliner...

draw my eyes very defined, cat-like. this color gives me the intensity that i want!!! i have been using this for so many years.. i really don't know what i would do if BB discontinued this. This is simply the darkest black.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2009 4:34:00 PM More reviews by s0ap

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this as a set on Cathay Pacific so it came with both Black and Brown gel liners and a brush. I use brown everyday as I find the black is very black and looks too harsh. It doesn't give it a liquid liner look which also looks very harsh. The only complaint is the brush they provided was crap. I use a slanted eye liner for this.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2009 4:52:00 AM More reviews by lipsstainedred

This liner is so black, which is great because with other liners that I have tried like MAC fluidline or HIP gel liners i had to go over and over just to get the intense black that i wanted. But this is very black semi-matte very opaque color. I have a fold on my eye that sometimes with liners that smudge it will create a harsh crease on me, but with this liner when it dries it does not budge! I will buy again, but it is a little pricey for a liner but very worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2009 9:57:00 AM More reviews by Lassie08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product really does what it says on the tin, and wont budge on your eyes. It's very black and inky in colour in comparison to MAC's blacktrack. I think it is also thicker in constancy which leads to less mistakes. A good brush is essential for applying this. I dont find it hard to remove at the end of the day, my makeup wipes move it no bother (Johnsons if anyones interested). Black is very verstile too as if you want to alter the colour you could always pop a bit of coloured eyeshadow over the top.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2009 7:50:00 PM More reviews by claire50

i heart this eyeliner. color is very true, lasts days, easy application. however, only complaint is that each pot i've purchased (3 total) dries out really quickly! not sure why as my mascaras and other liquid/gel products tend to last as i store them, but poor bobbi brown long wear gel liners dry to the point of cracking, at which point, i can't get them to apply nearly as easily as before. other than that, it is a perfecto product!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2009 3:29:00 PM More reviews by bleuday

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Stays. On. Like. Iron.

What does that mean after a long day? You cannot get it all off! There's always a kind of residual "why are my eyes so defined and those black circles so freggin' prominent" the day after. And once that black is there, if you scr*w the line up, well, tough tequila on you!

It's the one too many margarita's effect . . . it was really good in the moment, but you just know there is gonna be a price to pay the day after.

ETA: This review is for the Black Ink only.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2009 2:18:00 PM More reviews by Hopoti

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow, this one stays as promised. Best eyeliner I ever used. I might choose an another color, black is maybe too heavy for me. You have to use a good brush for this one.