April 16, 2014 | 1932 users online

Eyeliner - Bobbi Brown - Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2009 9:57:00 AM More reviews by Lassie08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product really does what it says on the tin, and wont budge on your eyes. It's very black and inky in colour in comparison to MAC's blacktrack. I think it is also thicker in constancy which leads to less mistakes. A good brush is essential for applying this. I dont find it hard to remove at the end of the day, my makeup wipes move it no bother (Johnsons if anyones interested). Black is very verstile too as if you want to alter the colour you could always pop a bit of coloured eyeshadow over the top.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2009 7:50:00 PM More reviews by claire50

i heart this eyeliner. color is very true, lasts days, easy application. however, only complaint is that each pot i've purchased (3 total) dries out really quickly! not sure why as my mascaras and other liquid/gel products tend to last as i store them, but poor bobbi brown long wear gel liners dry to the point of cracking, at which point, i can't get them to apply nearly as easily as before. other than that, it is a perfecto product!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2009 3:29:00 PM More reviews by bleuday

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Stays. On. Like. Iron.

What does that mean after a long day? You cannot get it all off! There's always a kind of residual "why are my eyes so defined and those black circles so freggin' prominent" the day after. And once that black is there, if you scr*w the line up, well, tough tequila on you!

It's the one too many margarita's effect . . . it was really good in the moment, but you just know there is gonna be a price to pay the day after.

ETA: This review is for the Black Ink only.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2009 2:18:00 PM More reviews by Hopoti

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow, this one stays as promised. Best eyeliner I ever used. I might choose an another color, black is maybe too heavy for me. You have to use a good brush for this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2009 1:52:00 PM More reviews by runwaydolllll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tried several pencil eyeliners before, but they all irritated my sensitive eyes. My friend was using this gel eyeliner and I thought I gave it a try. It's very easy to apply and makes my eyes look bigger, which I love. I applied this in the morning, walked around San Francisco (I was visiting at that time) until noon, and flied back home to the East Coast. By the time I got home at night (almost midnight), I was very surprised to find that the eyeliner stayed put on my eyes, no smudges (my eyelids are very oily and I have watery eyes sometimes), and more importantly, it didn't irritate my eyes at all. I immediately fell in love with it and it definitely became one of my HG items. It is kind of pricey, but I'm more than happy to give up buying some cheap cosmetics and save the money for this one item.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2009 1:52:00 PM More reviews by scorpio55

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this liner. It lasts all day. Even on my waterline. It is really pricey but me and my Mom share it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2009 6:27:00 PM More reviews by Sazzakins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this! Took a while to confidently apply it - but it was worth the effort. I wear it every day to make my lash line too more impressive than it actually is. Lasts all day and doesn't smug like pencils. Recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2009 12:11:00 AM More reviews by MacAtFirstSight

i think BB gel liners are the best in the market. mainly because it stays put, applies opaque, creamy and long lasting. it doesn't dry out like other lower end gel liners, and a little goes a long way.
gel liners are one of the best formula's imo because they hardly smudge, run or smear on me like pencil or liquid do.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2009 4:12:00 PM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is seriously good stuff!

I give it a four instead of a five only because it's not that easy to apply. It's no trickier than any other gel eyeliner, though.

I'd been using MAC Blacktrack Fluidline for years, but it got so that it was coming off under my eyes. I don't know if, horrors, my skin has gotten even oilier, or what.

But I digress. I decided to try Black Ink to see if it would stay on any better, and it seems to do that.I apply Black Ink exactly as I applied Blacktrack, right along/into the upper lash lines, with a MAC 263 small angle brush. Black Ink goes on smoothly and skip-free, and gives perfect coverage with just one stroke.

The only caveat: I find that Black Ink is slightly more pigmented than Blacktrack, and yields more of a liquid liner look than the MAC liner does. I can imagine this easily looking harsh if you're not careful.

I go back over my Black Ink lines with Stila's "Ebony" eyeshadow, and the result is that wonderful I've-got-naturally-dark-and-dense-lashes look, and it stays on for hours.

Black Ink is a bit more expensive than Fluidline( about $20 vs. $13, respectively), and either liner is an excellent product.

I think I like Black Ink a tiiny bit better, though, so it's the one I'll probably buy in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2009 2:04:00 AM More reviews by lelemh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

THIS IS THE GREATEST PRODUCT I HAVE EVER USED..

You know how you buy a product and you want it to be a certain way and it just never lives up to it?

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I IMAGINED.

I'm so happy with this product I cannot rave about it enough.

I have slept in this product and have woken up to have it exactly the same as when I applied the morning before. (on the upper lid - did smudge off on the waterline)

If I could give this 50 lipsticks I would..