July 28, 2014 | 1509 users online

Eyeliner - Bobbi Brown - Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2009 4:34:00 PM More reviews by s0ap

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this as a set on Cathay Pacific so it came with both Black and Brown gel liners and a brush. I use brown everyday as I find the black is very black and looks too harsh. It doesn't give it a liquid liner look which also looks very harsh. The only complaint is the brush they provided was crap. I use a slanted eye liner for this.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2009 4:52:00 AM More reviews by lipsstainedred

This liner is so black, which is great because with other liners that I have tried like MAC fluidline or HIP gel liners i had to go over and over just to get the intense black that i wanted. But this is very black semi-matte very opaque color. I have a fold on my eye that sometimes with liners that smudge it will create a harsh crease on me, but with this liner when it dries it does not budge! I will buy again, but it is a little pricey for a liner but very worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2009 9:57:00 AM More reviews by Lassie08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product really does what it says on the tin, and wont budge on your eyes. It's very black and inky in colour in comparison to MAC's blacktrack. I think it is also thicker in constancy which leads to less mistakes. A good brush is essential for applying this. I dont find it hard to remove at the end of the day, my makeup wipes move it no bother (Johnsons if anyones interested). Black is very verstile too as if you want to alter the colour you could always pop a bit of coloured eyeshadow over the top.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2009 7:50:00 PM More reviews by claire50

i heart this eyeliner. color is very true, lasts days, easy application. however, only complaint is that each pot i've purchased (3 total) dries out really quickly! not sure why as my mascaras and other liquid/gel products tend to last as i store them, but poor bobbi brown long wear gel liners dry to the point of cracking, at which point, i can't get them to apply nearly as easily as before. other than that, it is a perfecto product!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2009 3:29:00 PM More reviews by bleuday

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Stays. On. Like. Iron.

What does that mean after a long day? You cannot get it all off! There's always a kind of residual "why are my eyes so defined and those black circles so freggin' prominent" the day after. And once that black is there, if you scr*w the line up, well, tough tequila on you!

It's the one too many margarita's effect . . . it was really good in the moment, but you just know there is gonna be a price to pay the day after.

ETA: This review is for the Black Ink only.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2009 2:18:00 PM More reviews by Hopoti

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow, this one stays as promised. Best eyeliner I ever used. I might choose an another color, black is maybe too heavy for me. You have to use a good brush for this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2009 1:52:00 PM More reviews by runwaydolllll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tried several pencil eyeliners before, but they all irritated my sensitive eyes. My friend was using this gel eyeliner and I thought I gave it a try. It's very easy to apply and makes my eyes look bigger, which I love. I applied this in the morning, walked around San Francisco (I was visiting at that time) until noon, and flied back home to the East Coast. By the time I got home at night (almost midnight), I was very surprised to find that the eyeliner stayed put on my eyes, no smudges (my eyelids are very oily and I have watery eyes sometimes), and more importantly, it didn't irritate my eyes at all. I immediately fell in love with it and it definitely became one of my HG items. It is kind of pricey, but I'm more than happy to give up buying some cheap cosmetics and save the money for this one item.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2009 1:52:00 PM More reviews by scorpio55

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this liner. It lasts all day. Even on my waterline. It is really pricey but me and my Mom share it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2009 6:27:00 PM More reviews by Sazzakins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this! Took a while to confidently apply it - but it was worth the effort. I wear it every day to make my lash line too more impressive than it actually is. Lasts all day and doesn't smug like pencils. Recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2009 12:11:00 AM More reviews by MacAtFirstSight

i think BB gel liners are the best in the market. mainly because it stays put, applies opaque, creamy and long lasting. it doesn't dry out like other lower end gel liners, and a little goes a long way.
gel liners are one of the best formula's imo because they hardly smudge, run or smear on me like pencil or liquid do.