Mary Kay Ultimate Mascara

3.7

While I love this mascara, I know thereare better wonds out there that would do the trick.It does lengthen my lashes and make them pop,but ifit'snot applied properly therewill be major clumps. I love, love, love the fact that I can perfect the bottom rowof lashes though.I would by again ifthe price was a bit better, because it's expensive compared drug store brand mascara that probably do a better job.

on 3/21/2007 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I tried the Ultimate mascara because Mary Kay discontinued the one I liked before it and this one is horrible. It clumps bad and starts to flake as the day wears on. It's too expensive for the product in my opinion as well. They also changed the brush to a straight applicator from a curved one, and that makes it more difficult to apply. I wouldn't buy this again.

on 3/5/2007 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I can't believe, of all the mascaras I've tried over these many years, Mary Kay turns out to have what I was looking for all along!! This is definitely the best mascara I have ever tried!

This mascara goes on evenly and smoothly. It instantly made my eye lashes look long and thick with the very first coat! My lashes stayed curled and perfect all day long. Not a single smudge or flake. A second coat makes for a very dramatic effect.

I know some won't even look consider this mascara just because of the brand, but that's their loss, this is a great product!

on 3/3/2007 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I really like this mascara because the brush and formula are both good quality, and people always accuse me of wearing falsies when I use it. I would purchase again, but I dont usually like having to order out of a catalog so I probably wont.

on 3/1/2007 1:50:00 AM

I am very pleased with this mascara and when it comes to mascara I am very, very picky. It's hard to believe that the mascara I use is the same one which many of the others on here have found to be clumpy and poor quality. Perhaps the product was old? All I know is that this mascara goes on smoothly without clumps or flaking and after the third coat, still remains clump-free and makes my eyes look spectacular! I get lots of comments about how perfect my eyelashes are and it makes me smile because if they only knew how skimpy my lashes really are! This is the only Mary Kay product I use and its alot cheaper if you buy it on an online auction. Washes off easily yet stays put all day long.

on 2/26/2007 9:41:00 PM

I found this to be horrible! It clumped on the brush before I could even apply it to my lashes. So if it clumps on the brush you can imagine what it does for your lashes. I found it to be very, very expensive for a mascara that is horrible. I'll pay the price if the mascara does as it claims. The packaging was not great because the top of the tube allowed excess of mascara to clump on the wand. Would not buy and would not recommend.

on 2/24/2007 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Other, Dark, Warm

I've tried many mascaras, and this is the only one that I've gotten compliments on. I've been asked 3 times in the past week if I was wearing false lashes! I also layer it 2-3 times w/ minimal or no clumping- don't let it dry between coats (this may be the source of negative reviews). The price is okay. I'm willing to pay a bit extra for something that works well. I was very shocked to see such poor reviews, but to be honest, I don't trust every review I read, nor should you. Makeup application is an art. Try it yourself!

on 2/15/2007 1:49:00 PM

Ultimately crappy. Clumpy, not long lasting, not lenthening at all, and comes off in chuncks.

on 1/29/2007 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

NOT worth $15! My friend sells Mary Kay and she's trying to get me to buy something forever. Since I've never wanted to really try any MK products (I'm a MAC and NARS girl) I decided to get a few products that I couldn't go wrong with. This mascara did nothing to lengthen or pump up my lashes. It basically just gave them a natural tint. Yeah, it did not clump or smear but it did nothing that the booklet said it would.

I would not buy this again.

on 1/11/2007 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

This curls my lashes without a curler. It makes my eys pop. It's pretty expensive at 15.00. I would buy it again.

Popular Mascaras