December 17, 2014 | 1661 users online

Moisturizers - Sweet Almond Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2008 1:39:00 PM More reviews by Peaches27

Well, I will give it a 5 for now because I have only been using it for 3 days. So far I like it. I mean, it's not a miracle product, but it is making my face look better. I use it at night, I use it over acne medication if I need it- I spot treat with Persagel. I also added some in my moisturizer that I use in the am. I think it brought out a few pimples, but only 2 or 3 and it's slowly helping the ones I had. Overall I have better skin clarity. It doesn't make my skin oily look like I thought it would. I had a hard time deciding if I should use this or EVOO, since there were so many more reviews for that. Not sure why, but I chose this. I may try EVOO later if this works well. I have acne prone skin so I am being careful.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/19/2008 5:26:00 PM More reviews by showmyscars

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was considering purchasing a bottle of this after reading an article about the benefits of using almond oil on your skin in a few Natural Health magazines, so when my mom showed up with a bottle of pure sweet almond oil (which she intended to use as a carrier oil) I snatched it up and she's not getting it back! This stuff is AMAZING! At first I only used it on my face at night to moisturze, figuring there was no way I could apply it in the daytime without looking like I had a severe oil problem. The next morning I woke up with dewy, refreshed, soft skin, and my skin wasn't terribly shiny!! Since then, I add a drop or two to my regular daily face lotion (I use Grassroots Happily Ever After cream), mix the 2 together, and end up with radiant skin that allows me to go makeup-free!!!!!!!!! The smell is nice, very light, and I've started using this as a moisturizer all over my body. It isn't a thick, heavy oil, and it absorbs very quickly. What I love most about it is that it makes my skin feel extremely healthy and protected - after sleeping with this on, I feel as though my skin is thicker, more moisturized, and more resistant to irritation. I have extremely sensitive skin that is prone to breakouts, but ever since I started using this my skin has been PERFECT. I could not be happier.
I use this by itself every other night. On the nights in-between, I use Paula's Choice AHA lotion and sometimes the blemish control lotion.

EDIT: This stuff is still nice, but I can't use it every night. It seems to work when used occasionally, but not effective when used constantly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2008 2:11:00 AM More reviews by IdetteB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So I went out and got some of this after reading the reviews on here. I am so glas I did! I have usually normal but has a tendency to freak out and get super dry skin. Leaving me with rough patches here n there. One dab of this on my face and the tightness was gone and my skin felt smooth again! I LOVE the smell and hope I can find this in some sort of industrial size with a pump, its that great!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2008 10:53:00 PM More reviews by bludvls849

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

LOOOVE. I've used coconut oil, olive oil, and jojoba oil for my skin. This is my absolute favorite - absorbs quickly, leaves my skin baby soft, and removes makeup easily. love love love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2008 10:04:00 PM More reviews by polarpooch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

The ultimate "work horse" moisturizer. I use an oil I buy from a seller dirt cheap on ebay. You can use this ANYWHERE. I use it on my rough, dry hair...just a couple of drops rubbed into my palms when I don't want to condition in the morning. I use this in the tub...and it's the WORLD'S BEST BATH OIL. A small amount goes a long way. It's a little thick so you have to swish the water around to mix it in, but it leaves your skin soooo silky and soooo soft. I use this on my face in the winter when my skin is aching for moisture. I have also added a few drops of different types of essential oil, and used it in my electric oil diffusers. If you like, you can ven use the food grade oil in salads, etc.. I like this better than olive oil (which is also very good, but not as versatile), because it seems to have anti-inflamatory effects in the bath/shower, and is virtually scent free. I keep trying others (Neutrogena, Booths, etc), but always come back to this. Never be without it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2008 12:46:00 PM More reviews by Isolinde

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the singular skin care product that I keep coming back to. I dabble with other things, but many of the chemical-filled products on the market do terrible things to my sensitive skin. Moisturizers tend to either dry me out or break me out, and that had led me to the conclusion that I was best off just not doing anything with my skin...

Then I found this. Before I started reading the makeup board here, it seemed counterintuitive, even with my dry skin, to moisturize with oil. But people seemed to be getting such amazing results that I decided to give it a go. Now, I keep a bottle of food-grade almond oil on hand at all times. It's the only thing that makes my skin feel perfect, without any nasty side-effects like break-outs or dry patches (sometimes both... ugh).

I know oil is always 'your mileage may vary', but I'd definitely recommend that anyone who has trouble finding the right moisturizer should give it a try.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2008 8:57:00 AM More reviews by luckylouie

Of all the natural oils available, sweet almond oil is the one that soaks into my skin most easily. Rather than change moisturisers as the weather cools, I simply mix a small amount of almond oil with my regular evening moisturiser and wake to skin that is perfectly hydrated without looking like an oil slick. This never blocks my pores, or makes my oily t-zone more oily. Even in warm weather I mix a small amount of this into the moisturiser that I use on my neck, hands and arms as they need more than my face. This works perfectly. Cheap as chips, easy to find and fragrance free.
Edit - after years of using everything from single oils to anti aging creams with goodness knows how many ingredients, I've come back to this. I use it very lightly on my arms and legs and all by itself it gets rid of any bumpy chicken skin. I use it on my face at least 3 times a week and my skin always looks better the next day. It always makes my skin look calm, clear and happy! Less is very often more, and definitely in this case.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2008 10:45:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using sweet almond foil or years as a body moisturizer. It doesn't break me out, has a very faint smell, and leaves a great sheen on my skin. It makes a great preventive oil for my eczema; not during an outbreak, but does take care of inflammation. I also find that it sinks in better after you take a shower, when your skin is slightly damp. My legs have a hard time healing from shaving nicks. After I use some tendskin, I apply this oil to help my legs recover. Its a cheap and effective natural moisturizer. If you had a hard time with jojobal oil, give this a whirl. Edit 5/15/13: I love this also as a makeup remover for my eyes. Gets rid of stubborn eyeliner and matte shadows with very little effort. I just soak a cotton pad or tissue with some of this and hold on my lids for a couple of seconds, then wipe away gently. Works as well as some makeup removers I used in the past and any slight oily residue can be cleaned off when I wash my face, though I like to leave some on. Helps to condition my lashes and hydrates my eye area.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2008 2:28:00 AM More reviews by faffner

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

First let me say that almond oil is the only moisturizer I have found that does not irritate my skin one little bit. It does, however, make me break out, even on my stomach, which never breaks out. I gave it four lippies, though, because if I put it on a patch of dry, flakey skin before it gets inflamed, it prevents it turning into an eczematic rash. Even if I can't use this as a daily moisturizer, anything that might save me from weeks of itching and months of red, scaley skin is a winner in my book. Also, I put a few drops of this on my hands after I wash them to prevent dry, winter skin and soothe irritation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2008 12:15:00 PM More reviews by etmg

i started using sweet almond oil on my face about two weeks, originally to minimise dark circles (works very well) and I decided to use it cleanse. A couple of cleansers I have bought recently which are cleansing oils,contain almond oil anyway. After using a gentle make up remover first, and eye make up remover, I use a couple of drops of health food shop sweet almond oil and massage it into the skin. I leave it about ten minutes. Then I take a muslim cloth or face cloth, whatever is to hand it doesn't really matter, wring it under warm water and press it into the skin lifting the oil off. I do this about 3 times until the oil is gone. My skin looks really clear but most noticeably there is no dullness. It is super moisturised and soft. I have decided to pair my regime right down since using this and the only other thing i use is a tiny bit of Jo Malone vit e gel under my eyes along the eye socket (not too close to the eye). I

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No