July 25, 2014 | 1917 users online

Moisturizers - Sweet Almond Oil

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2008 5:29:00 PM More reviews by jess37909

I love the thought of all- natural products and when I was recommended this from a vegan co-worker I was hooked from the minute I walked into Whole Foods to pick it up. The smell, the consistency, the silky smooth way it glides , even the damn name were enough to convince me. Shaving with it- YES! It is so silky you don't really even need to moisturize afterward. Massage Oil- YES! Geez, I even put it in my hair which I'm warning you that it takes more than 6 or so washes to get the greasy look and feel out. Note, I did put this on my face and although I loved the way it made my skin glow, every morning I would wake up with a new blemish, which I never ever ever get zits therefor it makes me wonder if the product is working and pushing all the bad "stuff" out of my pores or if it just made my skin too congested..I stopped using this product on my face and everytime I pull it out of my makeup bag my boyfriend warns me. If anyone has suggestions I would appreciate as I would love to keep using this!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2008 12:06:00 AM More reviews by bikerchick01

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this in alternation with olive oil. I mix it with my 'special' soap (liquid, zero residue for my overly-sensitive skin) to shave my legs with. I squeeze a couple of drops into the palm of my hand, rub my hands together, and wipe my hands over my towel-dried hair (I don't do this on days I put conditioner in my hair) for a gorgeous shine and no frizzies. The cheapest place I've found it is at the Indian grocery stores, Indian women have been using it as a beauty product for a zillion years. I put it in a small squeezie bottle, like a mustard or ketchup dispenser, either from the restaurant supply store or the beauty supply store. I just keep it in the shower and use it all the time.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2008 1:41:00 PM More reviews by TropicalBreeze

I was searching through the message boards here on how to improve the genetic neck creases I have. One member suggested sweet almond oil and mentioned that it smoothed out her mom's neck wrinkles. So I thought I would try it. I have been using it for just over a month now and my creases are smoother and are not as deep as they once were. I also use home made vitamin c serum on my neck which combined with the sweet almond oil has smoothed out the creases. I have tried so many products to improve these creases but nothing worked until I started using sweet almond oil. I am so excited with the results. As you can imagine, I am very self-conscious of these neck creases and now I am feeling so much better about them since they have dramatically improved with the use of sweet almond oil. This is an amazing product and very inexpensive too.

17 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2008 8:30:00 PM More reviews by LowSelfEsteem

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I use this on my legs when shaving...mix some with a cheap moisturizer and use instead of shaving foam or shaving oil. This leaves your legs with a very nice sheen and beautifully hydrated. Also very good for cuticles. And CHEAP!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2008 6:26:00 PM More reviews by tried_em_all

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have used olive oil (extra light) for many years - as a face serum before my moisturizer, mixed in body lotion, slathered on dry hair for a moisture treatment, under my eyes instead of eye creams (they really irritate my eyes), a few drops halfway through blow-drying my hair to smooth out the ends, etc. I really love it -- but based on the reviews here, I decided to try this. I had always assumed that sweet almond oil - had that awful almond scent - which I cannot stand But after seeing here that it didn't - I immediately ran out and got some to test. I bought the one in the food section (Spectrum brand) - it's the same as the cosmetic versions, but a smidge cheaper (plus, I feel good about food-grade products). This has more viscosity than olive oil, but it's not as oily, it absorbs better than olive, but it's not as emollient. Because it absorbs so well, I'm using this by itself before my body lotion (which I've added 20% olive oil to - my skin is just so dry). I still prefer olive oil for my face, not because this was too heavy, I just like the effect of the olive better (it's more dewy). I suspect this isn't true for others, but I did not find this as hydrating long-term as olive. So overall, I prefer olive oil for my skin and once I'm done with this bottle, I probably won't bother buying this again and just stick with olive oil. I also started using Apricot Kernel oil for under my eyes and love it.

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2008 3:33:00 AM More reviews by beddheadd

I use this blended with sea salt for a nice, moisturizing salt scrub. It is not as heavy as Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and rinses off without stripping your skin of the essential lipids. I haven't used it as a moisturizer or as an add-in like the other reviewers have, but I wouldn't be surprised that it works just as well. I am an esthetician and also love using this as a massage oil -- gentle on the skin (unless you're allergic to nuts) and extremely moisturizing without feeling like it's too greasy!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2008 7:37:00 PM More reviews by Bowker2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ah Seattle winters, how you torture us! This year i have been trying to figure out how to incorporate oils into my daily routine- and ive had great success! Here is my regimin:
Morning- Rinse with warm water ( i am an esthetician, and MY esthetician reccomended i stop washing my face in the morning- which i have and i love it, at first i was scared of course but right away i realized that i was just taking away that lovely lipid balance that my skin makes over night! Apply a light coat of sweet almond oil over entire face. It sinks right in...or should i say my skin sucks it right up! I top it with my Somme double defense moisturizer with spf 30.
Evening- I wash with Weleda almond cleansing cream mixed with sugar, when skin is still slightly damp i apply a thick coat of S.A.O all over face and then Weleda almond intensive moisture cream on top. I add vitamin E oil around my eyes and on my lips and im set for bed!
Once a week i substitute the s.a.o with a Weleda wild rose capsule- mm nice treat :)
My skin is so much smoother and more comfortable since i have began using oils everyday- i used to think it would be a bit too much twice a day but my skin absolutely loves it. I reccomend every skin type to test out different oils and incorporate one or more into their routine!
Next on my list to add in is evoo :)

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2007 4:28:00 PM More reviews by eyelinerhappy41907

I use this on dry patches and even on my lips! It moisturizes really well and leaves my lips soft and smooth, same for my skin. The only place I don't use this is my face, I'm acne-prone so I'm afraid of this breaking me out.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2007 7:24:00 AM More reviews by Hypnogirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is such a great, cheap beauty basic. I use it in the bath, as a body moisturiser after a shower and it works wonders when my cuticles get dry (I have decanted some into an old Essie cuticle oil bottle and keep it on my desk at work).

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2007 6:27:00 PM More reviews by politicalpundit

I have been using this since I first started shaving my legs! I wanted my legs to feel smooth and look really smooth so I started experimenting with different things. This worked really well before moisturizer, I would shave my legs, exfoliate, apply this oil rinse it off. I only rinsed it because I wanted glowy legs not shiny ones, then I followed with a rich cream moisturizer. Works like a charm every time. Now I decided that after I shower I'm going to use oil all over my body and then put on moisturizer. I want a dry oil spray but didn't have time to go shopping so I put this in the spray bottle, works like a charm. Spray this on and rub it in and it works beautifully before lotion and it sinks in pretty fast. I think I will still purchase a real dry oil spray but if I don't see the difference I will stick to this stuff. I also use this in homemade scrubs, with brown + white sugar, honey, almond oil, lemon and evoo. Btw, I buy a very generous sized bottle at the local indian grocery store, the bottle has 500-750 ml in it and its only around $2.99-4.99.