November 27, 2014 | 1378 users online

Moisturizers - Sweet Almond Oil

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2008 2:11:00 AM More reviews by IdetteB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So I went out and got some of this after reading the reviews on here. I am so glas I did! I have usually normal but has a tendency to freak out and get super dry skin. Leaving me with rough patches here n there. One dab of this on my face and the tightness was gone and my skin felt smooth again! I LOVE the smell and hope I can find this in some sort of industrial size with a pump, its that great!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2008 10:53:00 PM More reviews by bludvls849

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

LOOOVE. I've used coconut oil, olive oil, and jojoba oil for my skin. This is my absolute favorite - absorbs quickly, leaves my skin baby soft, and removes makeup easily. love love love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2008 10:04:00 PM More reviews by polarpooch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

The ultimate "work horse" moisturizer. I use an oil I buy from a seller dirt cheap on ebay. You can use this ANYWHERE. I use it on my rough, dry hair...just a couple of drops rubbed into my palms when I don't want to condition in the morning. I use this in the tub...and it's the WORLD'S BEST BATH OIL. A small amount goes a long way. It's a little thick so you have to swish the water around to mix it in, but it leaves your skin soooo silky and soooo soft. I use this on my face in the winter when my skin is aching for moisture. I have also added a few drops of different types of essential oil, and used it in my electric oil diffusers. If you like, you can ven use the food grade oil in salads, etc.. I like this better than olive oil (which is also very good, but not as versatile), because it seems to have anti-inflamatory effects in the bath/shower, and is virtually scent free. I keep trying others (Neutrogena, Booths, etc), but always come back to this. Never be without it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2008 12:46:00 PM More reviews by Isolinde

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the singular skin care product that I keep coming back to. I dabble with other things, but many of the chemical-filled products on the market do terrible things to my sensitive skin. Moisturizers tend to either dry me out or break me out, and that had led me to the conclusion that I was best off just not doing anything with my skin...

Then I found this. Before I started reading the makeup board here, it seemed counterintuitive, even with my dry skin, to moisturize with oil. But people seemed to be getting such amazing results that I decided to give it a go. Now, I keep a bottle of food-grade almond oil on hand at all times. It's the only thing that makes my skin feel perfect, without any nasty side-effects like break-outs or dry patches (sometimes both... ugh).

I know oil is always 'your mileage may vary', but I'd definitely recommend that anyone who has trouble finding the right moisturizer should give it a try.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2008 8:57:00 AM More reviews by luckylouie

Of all the natural oils available, sweet almond oil is the one that soaks into my skin most easily. Rather than change moisturisers as the weather cools, I simply mix a small amount of almond oil with my regular evening moisturiser and wake to skin that is perfectly hydrated without looking like an oil slick. This never blocks my pores, or makes my oily t-zone more oily. Even in warm weather I mix a small amount of this into the moisturiser that I use on my neck, hands and arms as they need more than my face. This works perfectly. Cheap as chips, easy to find and fragrance free.
Edit - after years of using everything from single oils to anti aging creams with goodness knows how many ingredients, I've come back to this. I use it very lightly on my arms and legs and all by itself it gets rid of any bumpy chicken skin. I use it on my face at least 3 times a week and my skin always looks better the next day. It always makes my skin look calm, clear and happy! Less is very often more, and definitely in this case.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2008 10:45:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using sweet almond foil or years as a body moisturizer. It doesn't break me out, has a very faint smell, and leaves a great sheen on my skin. It makes a great preventive oil for my eczema; not during an outbreak, but does take care of inflammation. I also find that it sinks in better after you take a shower, when your skin is slightly damp. My legs have a hard time healing from shaving nicks. After I use some tendskin, I apply this oil to help my legs recover. Its a cheap and effective natural moisturizer. If you had a hard time with jojobal oil, give this a whirl. Edit 5/15/13: I love this also as a makeup remover for my eyes. Gets rid of stubborn eyeliner and matte shadows with very little effort. I just soak a cotton pad or tissue with some of this and hold on my lids for a couple of seconds, then wipe away gently. Works as well as some makeup removers I used in the past and any slight oily residue can be cleaned off when I wash my face, though I like to leave some on. Helps to condition my lashes and hydrates my eye area.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2008 2:28:00 AM More reviews by faffner

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

First let me say that almond oil is the only moisturizer I have found that does not irritate my skin one little bit. It does, however, make me break out, even on my stomach, which never breaks out. I gave it four lippies, though, because if I put it on a patch of dry, flakey skin before it gets inflamed, it prevents it turning into an eczematic rash. Even if I can't use this as a daily moisturizer, anything that might save me from weeks of itching and months of red, scaley skin is a winner in my book. Also, I put a few drops of this on my hands after I wash them to prevent dry, winter skin and soothe irritation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2008 12:15:00 PM More reviews by etmg

i started using sweet almond oil on my face about two weeks, originally to minimise dark circles (works very well) and I decided to use it cleanse. A couple of cleansers I have bought recently which are cleansing oils,contain almond oil anyway. After using a gentle make up remover first, and eye make up remover, I use a couple of drops of health food shop sweet almond oil and massage it into the skin. I leave it about ten minutes. Then I take a muslim cloth or face cloth, whatever is to hand it doesn't really matter, wring it under warm water and press it into the skin lifting the oil off. I do this about 3 times until the oil is gone. My skin looks really clear but most noticeably there is no dullness. It is super moisturised and soft. I have decided to pair my regime right down since using this and the only other thing i use is a tiny bit of Jo Malone vit e gel under my eyes along the eye socket (not too close to the eye). I

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2008 5:29:00 PM More reviews by jess37909

I love the thought of all- natural products and when I was recommended this from a vegan co-worker I was hooked from the minute I walked into Whole Foods to pick it up. The smell, the consistency, the silky smooth way it glides , even the damn name were enough to convince me. Shaving with it- YES! It is so silky you don't really even need to moisturize afterward. Massage Oil- YES! Geez, I even put it in my hair which I'm warning you that it takes more than 6 or so washes to get the greasy look and feel out. Note, I did put this on my face and although I loved the way it made my skin glow, every morning I would wake up with a new blemish, which I never ever ever get zits therefor it makes me wonder if the product is working and pushing all the bad "stuff" out of my pores or if it just made my skin too congested..I stopped using this product on my face and everytime I pull it out of my makeup bag my boyfriend warns me. If anyone has suggestions I would appreciate as I would love to keep using this!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2008 12:06:00 AM More reviews by bikerchick01

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this in alternation with olive oil. I mix it with my 'special' soap (liquid, zero residue for my overly-sensitive skin) to shave my legs with. I squeeze a couple of drops into the palm of my hand, rub my hands together, and wipe my hands over my towel-dried hair (I don't do this on days I put conditioner in my hair) for a gorgeous shine and no frizzies. The cheapest place I've found it is at the Indian grocery stores, Indian women have been using it as a beauty product for a zillion years. I put it in a small squeezie bottle, like a mustard or ketchup dispenser, either from the restaurant supply store or the beauty supply store. I just keep it in the shower and use it all the time.