February 1, 2015 | 1059 users online

Moisturizers - Sweet Almond Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2008 9:40:00 AM More reviews by MakeupGalinCO

Rad- haha, hven't heard that word in a while (below review). Anyway, I like this stuff. I put it in my lotion for an extra boost, I use it to remove my eyemakeup and I even put it in my face moisturizer. I like the way it makes my skin look.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2008 2:51:00 AM More reviews by ViolentPink

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Use this to cut my Jojoba oil and make it a little more moisturizing for OCM. For some reason I thought it would smell sweet, maybe the title?! Haha, but it just smells like almonds, which I certainly don't mind.
The 4oz Aura Cacia Organics bottle is rad. It has this little sealed up flexible lip in the lid, so you don't dribble oil all down the sides of the bottle and onto your counter and make a greasy mess. I am still in the experimentation stage of OCM, so I may switch from this, but I will keep using this bottle because it is so well designed.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2008 1:39:00 PM More reviews by Peaches27

Well, I will give it a 5 for now because I have only been using it for 3 days. So far I like it. I mean, it's not a miracle product, but it is making my face look better. I use it at night, I use it over acne medication if I need it- I spot treat with Persagel. I also added some in my moisturizer that I use in the am. I think it brought out a few pimples, but only 2 or 3 and it's slowly helping the ones I had. Overall I have better skin clarity. It doesn't make my skin oily look like I thought it would. I had a hard time deciding if I should use this or EVOO, since there were so many more reviews for that. Not sure why, but I chose this. I may try EVOO later if this works well. I have acne prone skin so I am being careful.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/19/2008 5:26:00 PM More reviews by showmyscars

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was considering purchasing a bottle of this after reading an article about the benefits of using almond oil on your skin in a few Natural Health magazines, so when my mom showed up with a bottle of pure sweet almond oil (which she intended to use as a carrier oil) I snatched it up and she's not getting it back! This stuff is AMAZING! At first I only used it on my face at night to moisturze, figuring there was no way I could apply it in the daytime without looking like I had a severe oil problem. The next morning I woke up with dewy, refreshed, soft skin, and my skin wasn't terribly shiny!! Since then, I add a drop or two to my regular daily face lotion (I use Grassroots Happily Ever After cream), mix the 2 together, and end up with radiant skin that allows me to go makeup-free!!!!!!!!! The smell is nice, very light, and I've started using this as a moisturizer all over my body. It isn't a thick, heavy oil, and it absorbs very quickly. What I love most about it is that it makes my skin feel extremely healthy and protected - after sleeping with this on, I feel as though my skin is thicker, more moisturized, and more resistant to irritation. I have extremely sensitive skin that is prone to breakouts, but ever since I started using this my skin has been PERFECT. I could not be happier.
I use this by itself every other night. On the nights in-between, I use Paula's Choice AHA lotion and sometimes the blemish control lotion.

EDIT: This stuff is still nice, but I can't use it every night. It seems to work when used occasionally, but not effective when used constantly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2008 2:11:00 AM More reviews by IdetteB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So I went out and got some of this after reading the reviews on here. I am so glas I did! I have usually normal but has a tendency to freak out and get super dry skin. Leaving me with rough patches here n there. One dab of this on my face and the tightness was gone and my skin felt smooth again! I LOVE the smell and hope I can find this in some sort of industrial size with a pump, its that great!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2008 10:53:00 PM More reviews by bludvls849

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

LOOOVE. I've used coconut oil, olive oil, and jojoba oil for my skin. This is my absolute favorite - absorbs quickly, leaves my skin baby soft, and removes makeup easily. love love love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2008 10:04:00 PM More reviews by polarpooch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

The ultimate "work horse" moisturizer. I use an oil I buy from a seller dirt cheap on ebay. You can use this ANYWHERE. I use it on my rough, dry hair...just a couple of drops rubbed into my palms when I don't want to condition in the morning. I use this in the tub...and it's the WORLD'S BEST BATH OIL. A small amount goes a long way. It's a little thick so you have to swish the water around to mix it in, but it leaves your skin soooo silky and soooo soft. I use this on my face in the winter when my skin is aching for moisture. I have also added a few drops of different types of essential oil, and used it in my electric oil diffusers. If you like, you can ven use the food grade oil in salads, etc.. I like this better than olive oil (which is also very good, but not as versatile), because it seems to have anti-inflamatory effects in the bath/shower, and is virtually scent free. I keep trying others (Neutrogena, Booths, etc), but always come back to this. Never be without it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2008 12:46:00 PM More reviews by Isolinde

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the singular skin care product that I keep coming back to. I dabble with other things, but many of the chemical-filled products on the market do terrible things to my sensitive skin. Moisturizers tend to either dry me out or break me out, and that had led me to the conclusion that I was best off just not doing anything with my skin...

Then I found this. Before I started reading the makeup board here, it seemed counterintuitive, even with my dry skin, to moisturize with oil. But people seemed to be getting such amazing results that I decided to give it a go. Now, I keep a bottle of food-grade almond oil on hand at all times. It's the only thing that makes my skin feel perfect, without any nasty side-effects like break-outs or dry patches (sometimes both... ugh).

I know oil is always 'your mileage may vary', but I'd definitely recommend that anyone who has trouble finding the right moisturizer should give it a try.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2008 8:57:00 AM More reviews by luckylouie

Of all the natural oils available, sweet almond oil is the one that soaks into my skin most easily. Rather than change moisturisers as the weather cools, I simply mix a small amount of almond oil with my regular evening moisturiser and wake to skin that is perfectly hydrated without looking like an oil slick. This never blocks my pores, or makes my oily t-zone more oily. Even in warm weather I mix a small amount of this into the moisturiser that I use on my neck, hands and arms as they need more than my face. This works perfectly. Cheap as chips, easy to find and fragrance free.
Edit - after years of using everything from single oils to anti aging creams with goodness knows how many ingredients, I've come back to this. I use it very lightly on my arms and legs and all by itself it gets rid of any bumpy chicken skin. I use it on my face at least 3 times a week and my skin always looks better the next day. It always makes my skin look calm, clear and happy! Less is very often more, and definitely in this case.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2008 10:45:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using sweet almond foil or years as a body moisturizer. It doesn't break me out, has a very faint smell, and leaves a great sheen on my skin. It makes a great preventive oil for my eczema; not during an outbreak, but does take care of inflammation. I also find that it sinks in better after you take a shower, when your skin is slightly damp. My legs have a hard time healing from shaving nicks. After I use some tendskin, I apply this oil to help my legs recover. Its a cheap and effective natural moisturizer. If you had a hard time with jojobal oil, give this a whirl. Edit 5/15/13: I love this also as a makeup remover for my eyes. Gets rid of stubborn eyeliner and matte shadows with very little effort. I just soak a cotton pad or tissue with some of this and hold on my lids for a couple of seconds, then wipe away gently. Works as well as some makeup removers I used in the past and any slight oily residue can be cleaned off when I wash my face, though I like to leave some on. Helps to condition my lashes and hydrates my eye area.