August 23, 2014 | 1806 users online

Moisturizers - Extra Virgin Olive Oil

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2012 5:09:00 PM More reviews by optomostichypocrite

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Finally tried for the first time! My hair has been SUPER dry and tangled lately as a result of my new highlights! My hair is super fine but I have a lot of it so it is difficult to find detangling/ conditioning products which dont weigh me down!

I worked about 1/2 cup into my hair starting at the bottom and working my way up. To avoid any potential greasies I did not apply to my roots and left about a 1/2 inch but I think I will try it next time! I just braided my hair to keep it off my face and let it soak in for 45mins or so then shampood and conditioned normally! My hair felt FANTASTIC while I was rinsing in the shower before I even shampood. I was tempted to not wash it at all and may try that sometime! My hair feels absolutely silky and shiny and not weighed down at all!

WARNING! It makes your shower soo slippery so be careful!

I also combined some with epsom salts in a mug and massaged all over my body before rinsing off. Again, HEAVEN! I am glad the smell doesn't linger at all, it isn't that pleasant. Maybe in the future I will pre-mix some essential oil in for use on my body. Then again, since the smell goes away and I am lazy maybe not! At first while I was rinsing my body I thought it way wayyyy too greasy but I didn't use any body wash and continued rinsing with warm water and I was fine! My skin was LIKE BUTTER when I got out of the shower and still feels great now (that was last night) I did still follow with some body moisturiser on my arms and legs but I don't think it was completely necessary. This might be the kind of thing that is better in the evening than during the way since it did take a while to completely absorb into the skin. No staining on my light coloured sheets though!

If you haven't done so yet, TRY IT! My hair and skin feel so fantastic! I will be doing this again and again I'm sure! I agree that it should be put into another container since the packaging is not designed for cosmetic use! I will be transferring into a pump bottle I think. I will also be trying it for shaving! I have used my Neutrogena sesame body oil for shaving my bikini line but the parabens put me off and this is much cheaper!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2012 8:02:00 PM More reviews by Ajijic

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my very first review, after several years of reading MUA. I tried the EVOO after reading all the great comments. I use it as a make up remover, face and body moisturizer. Love, love, it! I have very oily skin, and EVOO has helped normalize it. I have tried the EVOO/sugar mixture, and I love that, too. EVOO has replaced so many products for me, and I will never use anything else. Thank God I finally tried this! My skin everywhere is amazing now! I live in Central Mexico so getting good effective products at an affordable price is a real issue. And, no chemicals. BUT, the OTHER reason I am writing this is this: I accidentally smeared it on my underarms a few days ago. I thought there was no sense in trying to put deodorant on top, so I didn't. Much to my surprise, I found there was no odor under my arms that day! I have tried it for several days running now, and still no odor! Could some of you try this, too, and report back?

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2012 1:05:00 AM More reviews by stephiecarr67

OMG - to think i am 45 years old and just discoving this! I have adapted my skin type to what might me most beneficial according to this blog and a couple other websites.... I am using a 1/2 / 1/2 mixture of castor oil and EVOO with a few drops of teatree oil in a squeezie bottle, one in the shower and one in the medicine cabinet, have basically replaced the shower cleanser. night moisturiser, cleanser, toner, and day moisturizer with this mixture. Cannot believe the difference it has made to my 'old' hands - has taken off 10 years. My complexion is wonderful. My skin has a supple glow to it that I am loving. Have done twice now - got into bathtub with a little plastic bowl with about 1/2 cup of EVOO mixed with 1/2 cup sugar, taking approx 1 tablespoon at a time and gently and massaged over entire body, then turn on very warm bath to rinse off, pat try....skin is so baby smooth. I am loving this, and am sure addicted for life!

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2012 1:10:00 AM More reviews by Jenkrupz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

EVOO!! I use it with a bit of sugar and warm water as scrub! Gets off all of the dead skin cells and doesn't dry your skin out what so ever. I also use it as a moisturizer for my chin and forehead as they are extremely dry. A little goes a long way. I now keep a small bottle in my washroom. BEST PRODUCT EVER. Cheap and effective!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2012 7:37:00 PM More reviews by JayLammMD

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love EVOO/cold press for taking off make-up. When I do my make up I buff it well in to my skin. But when I'm ready at night to take it off, I want it gone. No trace! EVOO does the trick. As for how is dispense it. I have a pretty little air-tight jar that I fill to the brim with cotton pads, then I soak them in the EVOO. A saturated pad is always ready when I need it. And it's amazing what comes off on the cotton. I then follow with whatever cleanser I'm in love with at the time. These days it's a gentle foaming cleanser from Lancome. I just feel like my face is cleaner after the use of the olive oil.
That is my 2cents worth.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2012 9:15:00 PM More reviews by debbrumb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

If you can't find a beauty use for this product you just aren't human!!!!!! This is a do-all product!!! I put it on wet cotton pads and take off my make-up including my waterproof mascara with no problems. I use it on my cuticles. Put it in my hair and let it set for 30-45 mins and rinse it out and makes my hair super soft. Mix it with my body lotion at night (too oily for the day). I did use it during the cold weather on my face at night along with Vit E oil. Works great on surgery scars also.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/12/2012 11:28:00 PM More reviews by kofykat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

being indian olive oil would be the very last choice for us. but i tried it anyway and boy do i regret it.
Eating the product broke me out. yup. it did. the moment i switched back to my regular oil for cooking my kin was fine again..
Applying it onto myself make my skin dark, tan very easily and very sallow looking. this doesn't suit me. maybe it's my climate or whatever but i don't like this. i've gone back to coconut oil, sesame oil, almond oil, mustard oil and peanut oil. much better off with those.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2012 11:24:00 PM More reviews by ilat

Great product! Helped with my acne and improved my overall complexion! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2012 8:35:00 AM More reviews by hanmu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love using this as a pre-shampoo treatment. It keeps my hair very strong and shiny, and really helps turn around the damage I've done through bleaching. I also experimented with using this on my face, but it did not end well.,,

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2012 8:46:00 PM More reviews by prettiesnow

I used to be a product junkie, testing every product out there and now the toll has taken effect on my complexion as I waltz into my 30s. I have dehydrated, sensitive, acne prone, lackluster and dull complexion and make up hardly stays on. I was using hada labo religiously for years after I stopped trying out products but it didn't really helped to improve my complexion. I was having this massive break out (like eight pimples and scars all over my face, congested pores) and on a whim, I bought EVOO after reading through the reviews here.

I popped down to the health food store and got myself a 500ml bottle of Bariani EVOO (S$20.80). I was really sceptical about using it on my face after the whole experimentation with essential oils but oh hell, what can be worse than the current condition?

So here is my routine, I wash my face with Sukin foaming facial wash then applied a drop of EVOO, rub it between my palms and pressed it on my face, followed by massaging it into the skin. I do that for my face, neck and eyes. Bariani is really light and easily absorbed so no issue with the oily feel. It does leaves a slight layer of oil over the skin but I am fine with it considering how parched my skin was.

First night of using it, I had eight big pimples due to my prior breakout. Next morning when I woke up, my pimples became smaller, one was ready to pop, a few of them closed up nicely and one emerging pimple decreased in size! My face was less flaky and less maddening red. A week of using it and my skin was much better. The breakouts started to heal and my face was more glowy. It was much more hydrated too.

I also used it on my hair and hands and will attempt to use it as a make up remover too. One big bottle at a price of the fraction of all cosmetic products and I am sold!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No