April 17, 2014 | 1104 users online

Scrubs - Sugar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2008 3:51:00 PM More reviews by Cymbaline

I love using sugar as a body scrub, a face scrub and a hand scrub. It's cheap but it works as pricey scrubs. Also why buy a "sugar scrub" when you can just buy sugar and make it yourself??

I mix sugar in with olive oil for a great body scrub and I also mix it with face wash for a gently face scrub.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2008 6:58:00 PM More reviews by girlndocs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

Sugar is a staple in my facial care and it's done wonderful things for my skin. It's my sole method of exfoliation these days.

When I shower (3x/week) I lather up my hands with my exquisitely gentle facial soap and then dump a few tablespoons of sugar into my palm and incorporate it all into a thick, creamy humectant scrub. The water in the soapsuds begins to dissolve the sugar crystals almost immediately, so there are no sharp gritty edges. I've never had this method irritate my face, as opposed to using sugar with oil, which is far too harsh for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2008 6:16:00 PM More reviews by nols

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Another reason to love sugar.. :)
This is the cheapest and one of the best products that I have ever used on my skin. Cheap - coz' who doesnt have sugar in their house? And Best because it works and it's SOOO gentle! It polishes your skin gently and leaves it super soft and smooth. You can add the sugar to pretty much anything you want e.g. your everyday cleanser/
milk/honey/ wheatgerm oil/jojoba oil etc.. the possibilities are endless.
Scrub on!!
Do not use on your face as it can cause damage (tears), only use on the body.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2008 More reviews by lovepinkkx17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

sugar is my loverrrr. i use it everyday and my face looks and feels incredible! i mix it with honey on somedays, and then i mix some jojoba oil with cetaphil plus some sugar and thenn tadahhh my skin is BABYSOFT! deffinently my HG scrub!!! (sugar mixed with anything works just about)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2008 1:01:00 PM More reviews by greeneyedgeek19

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

omg i just tried this and it was AH-MAZING!!! my face feels lovely and soft and smooth and i think my pores look smaller, it didnt irritate my skin or acne, plus i used it on my hands, lips, and elbows they have never been so soft! (oh and my mix didnt dry my skin) it makes my skin feels like a babies bottom, please never waste your money on any scrub again!! what i did was i took sum sugar (dont kno what kind but it was very fine) honey and milk and mixed them in a cup with my finger it was a little runny but i actually like it that way now! i just massaged it over my face then let it sit for a minute before rinsing off and my skin was soooo smooth! it will work anywhere its the best scrub you could get and it tasted really good too ;p i'll try to make updates when i use it more...you really need to try this its great && you can really have fun && use whatever ingredients you find in the kitchen! :) best srub ever!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2008 11:27:00 AM More reviews by shilohcalista

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Another sugar scrubbing convert here- what bliss! This is by far the best scrub I have ever used body and face. With my face, I pour some sugar into my facial cleanser and scrub gently. On my body, I add some to a liquid soap and then add more directly onto my skin as needed and scrub vigorously. It is the perfect amount of scrubbing action- not to rough or gentle and I feel like a million bucks afterwards.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2008 12:51:00 AM More reviews by AxlsRose

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Yes I would 'buy' this product again!! straight from the supermarket shelves!!

I was online, about to order some Lush Ocean Salt. Thought I'd come here and browse for the most popular scrub first, just to see if there was something better available. I noticed the rating for sugar, and decided to try for myself - as mentioned, mixing EVOO with some sugar.

I cant believe it. This is equal to, if not better than any body scrub that you pay a fortune for!!!! I also used it on my face - fantastic. The sugar granules polish the skin smooth, while the EVOO leave a lovely moisturised finish.

I'll never buy another scrub again!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2008 10:33:00 PM More reviews by Must

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's nothing remarkable. I used it to exfoliate all aspects of my face, but it didn't do the ideal job. I'm looking for something more, and although some products are good because of their pureness and focus on ONE ingredient, I didn't like it too much.
But if you're asking if I want to buy it again, I guess I'll have to if I want to eat. ;)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2008 4:46:00 PM More reviews by dag4321

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used EVOO and sugar and my skin was so soft. I just did it on my body and don't think I would try it on my face. I am going to get my bikini area waxed soon and the esthecian told me to exfoliate with organic sugar and grape seed oil, so I think I will try that next.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2008 6:56:00 AM More reviews by Gilly07

I love this!
I thought I would give it a go after reading the reviews here, I am amazed how good it is, I used several recipes, the first one was camillia oil and unrefined sugar, nice result, then I tried it with my cleanse & polish again nice result.
Its amazing that something so cheap could have such a great effect!