April 19, 2014 | 1032 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Yves Saint Laurent - Touche Eclat (Radiant Touch)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/20/2011 9:41:00 AM More reviews by GetSmart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this, it does a lovely job at lightly concealing by reflecting light... but... in Australia this costs over $74 and it just isn't worth the money. I'd buy it again, because I do like it... but just not as a 'staple product'... only when i'm in the mood for a luxury item!

It does last a while despite only being a couple of mils of product.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/20/2011 9:20:00 AM More reviews by rachelicious904

Another overly hyped product that I fell for and it ended being crap. It's just foundation in a tube??! I totally agree with the reviewer who said about the tube getting finger marks all over it, it really does and it looks awful. The lightest one was the only one which would work for me and it is far too pink. It looked unnatural under the eye and wasn't light enough to highlight. It doesn't last long, is overly expensive and I definitely wouldn't purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2011 7:48:00 AM More reviews by racat

Pretty happy with this although I've only used it three times so I'm still learning the best techniques and places to put it.

It's a nice formula and the pinky colour (I've got No.1) really does help to light up my face and cover my dark areas. Genetically, I have quite bad eye bags (thanks Dad!) so I put on some concealer, then my foundation and then use this over the top to really brighten my face. It blends into my foundation perfectly.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2011 7:40:00 PM More reviews by iheartbeauty11

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for a few years now. A makeup artist told me about it when I was at a photo shoot. I love how it makes me look bright-eyed! Especially in photos and late at night. I apply it on my brow bone and in the corners of my eyes to lighten the shadows. I use under my eyes in place on concealer for moderate dark circles and just above my slight bags. It doesn't settle in the fine lines like most concealers do. This is a "highlighter" so be sure to apply it correctly so that you don't highlight your flaws! I put a little around my lips and on the middle part of my upper lip (bow) to make my lips look fuller. At night I put a tad on my cheek bones to catch the light. Can't live without it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2011 9:58:00 PM More reviews by absolutelyalex

This is one of the rare highly-touted products that actually lives up to its billing. I've been using this for about 15 years (God, I'm old!) I discovered this in college and though it cost me an arm and a leg back then (and is still expensive today), I clung to every drop of it.
Back then, it was only available in shade No. 1 but it worked well for me and all my other friends that had different skin tones. Somehow, that light pink color worked for all of us. I use it exclusively as an under eye concealer and it always made me look fresher and more wide-awake than I actually was. Touche Eclat was superb when I worked 18-hour days rushing to meet deadlines, traveled constantly to different climates, and perked my eyes and face up for dreary morning meetings. There doesn't seem to be very much product in that pen, and I would have to replace it quite quickly. But it seems like money well spent when it performed the kind of miracles it has for me.
In the past few years, I've strayed and tried other concealers out of curiosity or boredom but I always come back to this. This is one faithful that always worked and now that it comes in so many other colors, makes it even better. Of course, I wish it was cheaper but I guess quality costs.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2011 3:00:00 PM More reviews by Lyrics

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this in #7. I used to use concealer under my eyes until I saw how t
It show up yellow in pictures. The Touche Éclat is more natural and subtler. So, while it doesn't necessarily conceal in the traditional sense, it makes me look more awake naturally. You can still see a bit of a shadow, but it's not as obvious.
If you are looking for something more heavy duty, I'd go with a concealer.
I've already ordered my second one :-).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2011 7:03:00 AM More reviews by madelinekay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been hearing about and seeing this product for years but haven't gone ahead and purchased one due to the cost and lack of colour varieties.

I have found that no.1 is too pinky/light and no.2 is too dark for my skin.

I discovered that there are now extra shades and Debenhams was doing 15% extra off, so I decided to buy no1.5 which has is slightly darker and is a 'nicer' colour than no.1. Also my cheap concealer had run out. I mainly use it as a concealer for my under eye grey/blue circles.

This blends right into my skin which is nice, but is slightly cakey. Nevertheless, I still like it and would probably repurchase. Also the packaging is nice and glam and the brush is useful.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2011 7:10:00 PM More reviews by bailuli

I have very mild undereye circles and this works great at hiding it while giving my eyes a slightly more awake feel. It has a pretty thin formula which is great because it doesn't sink into fine lines or mess with my foundation that's near my eye area. it blends well (i apply a few dabs under my eye then gently pat with my middle finger to blend) and immediately make me look more awake.

i also use this on the bridge of my nose (draw a line down then pat with fingers to blend). i find that two clicks dispenses just about right for my two undereye areas, the bridge of my nose, and any left over used on top of my cheekbones)

this is a very natural finish highlighter with no obvious high shimmer or glitter particles. the pen brush applies pretty precisely which is great.

the two sucky things are 1) the price and 2) it's a pen clicker, meaning it could potentially be unhygenic. also since it's a clicker, some people may find that it dispenses either too little or too much. thankfully for me, it's in the middle of the road.

i have several powder highlighters but no other cream highlighter (other than a concealer that's a shade too light for me which i can use as highlighter), so I wouldn't mind picking this up again during a sale of some kind.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/12/2011 10:09:00 PM More reviews by wintertragedyx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love this product. And at first application, I did. The consistency is very smooth and very easy to blend. As an under eye concealer it offered very sheer coverage. As an illuminator it just didn't deliver, I guess it just matched my skin too well (neutral undertone-nw/nw 20) Under the eyes, after a few hours, it unfortunately settled into my fine lines and just highlighted them (never understood what "settle into fine lines" meant until I turned 25!) It seemed to accentuate my circles after a few hours worth of wear also. I expected much, much more for a $40 product. This sucker is going back to Sephora.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/12/2011 1:35:00 AM More reviews by kocoannie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I hate how the tubing gets all greasy, smudgy - you don't feel so elegant after this emerges from your make up bag and you can see very fingerprint.

For the price I really did expect wonders - maybe its just my 'normal' skin that clashed with this product.

The product was easily applied but I found it a little distressing blending this in before and after my foundation. It was very greasy and just plain horrible.

You have to work the button hard for the product to be released inoi the brush which I find very unhygienic and then after endless presses finally WAY TOO MUCH product comes out....

I don't even think it even refreshed my appearance or did much to my under eye area.

I don't understand all the hype about this product. Really wish I didn't buy this one....

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No