July 23, 2014 | 1573 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Angels on Bare Skin

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2012 5:51:00 PM More reviews by maddddie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The product is 5.95 for 100g, which lasts about one to two months with daily use - I use as a scrub in the morning, but a cream cleanser to remove makeup etc. in the evening. It is freshly mixed within a very short time of reaching the shelves, mainly containing almonds, clay and essential oils. It claims to "gently polish your skin", and be suitable for all skin types (nut allergies and the like allowing, obviously).

It comes in one of Lush's signature black pots, which is definitely preferable to a bottle or pump - no struggling to get at the last of the product. The product is of a light greyish-green 'putty' consistency and the smell is sweetly herbal, more lavender than rose. When mixed with water, the product is slightly more 'gritty' as the clay becomes watery, making the ground almonds more apparent.

I apply the resulting mixture to my face and neck, and massage into my skin in a circular motion for a few minutes; when my face is sufficiently scrubbed, I rinse with cool water, barely pat dry and apply my toner onto still-damp skin. It can make a little mess in the sink, but nothing a splash of water won't rinse away.

I have used this on-and-off for a couple of years now, and decided to get another tub as I wanted to get back on top of my skincare after a series of ugly breakouts. This cleanser has calmed and cleared my skin, and I have seen visible results within one week. I haven't noticed any difference in oiliness or blackheads, as these are not really areas of concern for me - but it certainly hasn't had any detrimental effects.

Overall, I would definitely recommend anyone trying this, it can't do any harm and even may do a lot of good. A great addition to your skincare regimen :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2012 8:26:00 AM More reviews by nukacola

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

First of all, this is not designed to remove makeup! Yes, you are going to be disappointed with this product if this is what you're expecting it to do.

This cleanser is amazing. I have always preferred natural skincare and this fits the bill perfectly. It doesn't contain preservatives like normal skincare which can upset your skin, so this was a massive plus for me.

It's a solid cleanser which was a bit of a change for me... you have to get a small amount in your hand and mix it with warm water to make a paste. You can have it chunkier and grainier consistency (I prefer this personally) or a thin, milky one. Can get a bit messier than traditional cleansers but this doesn't bother me.

This left my skin sooo soft and clean. It also absorbed all the oil on my face which was great as my skin is often oily and greasy feeling. I'd definitely recommend it for oily skin, but I don't know if it would be too abrasive for dry/sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2012 12:09:00 AM More reviews by GoDawgs

I bought this product on a whim when passing the Lush store at the mall, and the sales girl recommended it for my combination skin. The texture is weird - dry, grainy and crumbly. However, it did a great job exfoliating my face and my skin was left feeling clean and soft. I also thought the product has a nice, clean scent.

While I liked the product, I am about to switch to Cetaphil, as I am beginning to use Retin A to combat aging and want something gentle and less abrasive (and also in expensive).

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2012 3:51:00 PM More reviews by nikkinapalm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Angels on Bare Skin is a trip. At first I wasn't happy with it, and I'm still not sure if I like it. It doesn't feel like it gets you clean. The product comes in a little tub and is very tough to scoop out at first...you have to mix it with water to make it into a paste. This can be tricky, and I'm not used to doing that. There are little pieces of ground almonds for scrubbing action, but that is basically all you feel. There is not much of a thick base to this cleanser. The smell is very woodsy-fragrant, mostly of rosemary and thyme, (reminds me of the song Scarborough Faire) and I love the little pieces of leaves or rice or whatever those things are in there. I wash my face with Origins Checks and Balances first, and then with AOBS to make sure I'm clean. I never feel tight or dry after using this little system.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2012 3:21:00 PM More reviews by beeveedub

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I simply cannot rate this product highly enough! Whenever my skin feels like it needs some TLC, I'm back to this cleanser - yes, it may be fiddly to use at first, but persevere, because it'll give you the freshest, most baby-soft skin ever! It isn't actually too expensive, as it lasts a long time. Don't be put off by the use by date either, it's fine to use a while after that date! As long as it looks and smells ok, it's fine! If I have a lot to use up before that date though, I like to use maybe twice as much as usual, make the paste and use it like a face mask, leaving it on for a few minutes. It's FAB!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2012 10:32:00 PM More reviews by risababy

I used to have really clear skin. Then, a mixture of hormones, stress and makeup have led me to having constant little breakouts I just really couldn't stop, no matter what I did!
I went into Lush to purchase some soap for a good friend's birthday. I bought her a soap I really liked (called Christmas Eve) and went back to get it for myself - only to find out it was gone! So I looked around (customer service was next to none, all of them were so nice!) and saw AOBS. I heard some reviews on this and thought, why not? So I asked for a sample and the very nice lady gave it to me. It was a generous sample, good enough for 5 uses if i used a big pea-sized amount.
I loved it so much, I went back on new year's day to get some more. I asked for a $5 amount and the guy sliced off $5.95 for me. I didn't mind. It is $12.95 CAD for 100g of this stuff.

I don't add too much water because I like my scrubs grainy and thicker. If it's too thin, I find it slides off before I get a good scrub going on. I wet my face, pinch off about the size of my ring finger nail and apply it to my face. This is after removing my makeup and washing it once or twice with Dove soap. I work it around my face for about a minute or two, concentrating on problem spots.
It smells calming, like herbs. It has grains of almond that are not harsh at all. There are also these odd lavender buds, but I really don't mind them. I often use this twice a day: once in the morning, once at night before I sleep.

I do believe that the point of this SCRUB (I emphasize scrub) is to calm your skin and to remove dead skin cells to improve it. I feel like it is like yoga - meant to calm down and soothe, not to intensely work out or do something heavy duty. Works for me!
I think a lot of users are finding this bad because they intend for it to be a makeup remover as well. It is not!! It's called Angels On *Bare Skin* for a reason! Make sure you clean off all your makeup beforehand because this won't and if you don't, you can be sure that it will stay on your skin and clog your pores.
Now, back to my point. When I first started using this, I had lots of little pimples forming and a cystic here and there. My skin is glowing and clear and SOFT now. I used to wear the whole deal: concealer + foundation + finishing powder on my entire face when I go out. Now it's just concealer under my eyes and maybe a little powder.
I'm not rich by any means but I believe in quality and paying for something that will give results. I am definitely going back to get more once I'm done. I don't need any face wash, toner, scrub, masks, what-have-you. I just need some eye-makeup remover, Dove soap and of course, Angels On Bare Skin. THANK YOU, LUSH!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2011 4:28:00 PM More reviews by megabookfreak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Good not great. Hydrated my dry skin for some time but the effect doesn't last forever. It was fun to use in the beg but then it just got a little messy. However it cleared up my redness and spots so yay!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2011 2:02:00 AM More reviews by ShannonRosa

I love, love, love this cleanser! I have acne prone skin, and so I have tried a whole lot of products to help beautify my skin. This cleanser is the only one I have found to date that I love. It does not dry it out at all, it makes it soo soft, it's cleared up my skin (with the help of my perscribed differin cream, which is also why I love how gentle this cleanser is), and it gives my skin a nice evened out tone. The packaging is not the best because when you get water in there you cant really get it out, but oh well! Price isnt too bad either. I love lush products and how theyre all natural. id rather put natural things on my skin than nasty chemicals! plus, it works best :) i recommend this product highly.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2011 12:16:00 AM More reviews by alabasterprincess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Just got a sample of this product a few days ago and in these two and half days of using it I have noticed a HUGE difference in my skin!!! Most of my hormonal breakouts have disappeared as well as some red spots from previous breakouts. My skin feels extremely soft, and I love the smell. It did take a few times to get used to using the product as it is more of a paste than a lather or cream which I used before.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2011 7:25:00 PM More reviews by ferndarlin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

my holy grail of face cleansers.
It smells gentle and heavenly, mm lavender!
It gently buffs up my skin.
It unclogs my pores.
It helps to heal any marks post-breakout.
It reduces the redness during breakouts.
It softens and nourishes.
It balances my oilyness.
And a little pinch each time means it lasts me a fair while!
**NOTE** I don't use this to take off makeup with - it's best used after taking makeup off!