LUSH Angels on Bare Skin

3.9

Ground Almonds Glycerine Kaolin Water (Aqua) Lavender Oil Rose Absolute Chamomile Blue Oil Tagetes Oil Benzoin Resinoid Lavender Flowers *Limonene *Linalool

on 11/30/2012 4:37:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Great cleanser, smells divine, applies to face beautifully cleanses well all around a fantastic product!

on 11/29/2012 7:30:00 AM

I tried Angels on Bare Skin over the summer. I usually use Dark Angels and when I went to Lush for more, I talked to a clerk about my recent sunburn and she suggested to give this a try since it's more of a mild cleanser and should soothe my very sad skin. I wasn't expecting much from this but it really worked! It actually soothed my skin and it's creamy consistency did nothing to irritate it. It was also gentle enough for me to use everyday for a speedy recovery. I haven't added this one to my regular routine though. Dark Angels just offers a lot more for me in that respect. But for summer time sunburns, I'll be buying this again since it's more ideal for sensitive skin.

on 11/21/2012 6:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Ugh, God, NO.
I have been on this *epic* quest to find a cleanser that won't make my crazy skin react. I certainly do not have the same skin I had in my teen years and 20's. It wasn't perfect skin but it didn't annoy the hell out of me.
Now, when I use a cleanser that's not for me, I experience one of these reactions:
A) Millia. Mega Millia. Milla from Mars.
B) Red itchy splotches that turn into red bumps that either go away within an hour or a few days, OR
C) Congestion that is beyond medical science.
With AOBS I experienced two of the three. The itchy/red bump scene is the most dreadful, because NOTHING will calm it down, and those bumps can turn into scaly things that make my skin look awful. I also got the very congested skin. This is due to that film of Calamine that ABOS leaves on the skin.

I really wanted to like LUSH, I've tried Mask of Magnaminty (like) but anything else I have tried just made my skin angry.
I only bought 50 grams. Maybe my daughter would like it.
Moving on to just plain colloidal oatmeal. I'll wash night and day with just that, and I'll report back in one week, guaranteed.
See my notepad if you are interested in the epic quest.

on 11/20/2012 9:02:00 PM

I bought this once and I wasn't totally thrilled. I'd used Herbalism before, which I love and still used but wanted to give this one a try. It's not a bad product but I just don't think it works best for my skin type, that's really the only reason I wouldn't repurchase.

Meh. This product isn't as good as I'd thought it would be given its massive promotion inside Lush and all the rave reviews on the internet.
I do like the fact that you smoosh it up with water in your hand and then apply it. It smells OK, just lavender really. It also lasts for ages and ages- I've had my pot since July, it's now November, and I still have over half left.
The problem lies with the actual effect it had on my skin, which, put simply, is nil.
It did nothing. It removed my makeup quite well, but other than that, it didn't really have an effect. It didn't make my skin more matte, it didn't improve my acne... it basically did nothing.
I will not be repurchasing this product, but, instead, trying one of Lush's other roll cleansers as I did like that aspect of it.
I would, however, recommend it for people who are at something of a middle ground with their skin, and merely need it to remove makeup and clean their skin.

When I first bought this I didn't know what to expect, I've always used milk or gel-cleansers so this were something entierly new for me. I still don't really know how to get the right amount of this, so I've never really got the "cleansing-milk"-feel, more a softer scrub. Although I really like how my face feels afterwards. Since I am really sensitive to scrubs and such this is a good alternative since it is like a cleanser and a gentle scrub all in one. I have never tried this to take off make up since I don't think it would work at all concidering the consistency, I just use this after taking off my make up with make up remover cleansing cloths and my face feels soo soft afterwards! I haven't used this long enough to tell if it's done any difference on my skin, but I'll be sure to update you guys if I notice any changes :) All I can say now is that this is a good cleanser that softens the face immediatly!

on 10/19/2012 8:47:00 PM

I bought this product 2 weeks ago not really expecting it to make any major change to my skin. Well, I've been using it everyday and my skin is not only softer, but it's more luminous. It isn't oily, but my skin has a natural and healthy glow. I used to scrub my face every other day and I'd still have flakes, but since using this product my skin is softer and smoother. It is not only soft to the touch, but by looking in the mirror my skin really does look smooth and even. The only thing I can;t stand about this product is how annoying it is to use. The consistency is like dried up putty that brittles because there is more moisture left. I feel like I waste a lot of product because I can never properly gage how much I will actually need. Besides the consistency of it, it is a fantastic cleanser and really balances out my combo/dry- combo/oily skin. I personally think you should buy it and split it between a few people or ask for a sample if you don;t feel like splurging at first.

on 10/18/2012 12:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I've been using this cleanser on and off since I was a sophomore in high school and have finally just stopped buying any other exfoliants. It is a bit pricey at about 15USD for the smaller black container but it lasts me about 3-4 months so in the long run not too bad.

I use this when my skin is looking dull or if I've worn makeup for an extended period of time after using my simple cleansing water to remove the majority of the makeup. I find that directly after using it my skin does not feel tight or stripped and instead is soft and plump.

I was a little worried about the lavender in there as I am crazy sensitive to it but so far it has only improved my skin!

on 10/17/2012 7:48:00 PM

I have been using this product for about 2 years. Before I discovered this cleanser, I had suffered from severe cystic acne for 12 years. I had gone to a dermatologist and tried various topical creams, birth control pills (orthotricycline), and oral antibiotics/pills. My final option was Accutane, which I refused to use due to overall health concerns. When I was younger, I had very sensitive oily skin, but in recent years I've had sensitive combination skin.

I only discovered LUSH because a coworker dragged me into the store with her one night.. One of the gals at the store convinced me to try a LUSH regimen and gave me 2 weeks worth of samples: Angels on Bare Skin, Tea Tree Water (toner), and Vanishing Cream (moisturizer). Within a week, my skin had already started cleared up for the first time in my life. I'm so grateful to this product / to Lush that I've even taken the time to drag up old photos for you so I can show just how much my skin cleared up:

Full Size Image

In the second two photos, I'm also wearing Bare Minerals original foundation, mineral veil, and and warmth bronzer.

PROS
--- gently exfoliates sensitive, acne-prone skin
--- did not cause break outs (for me, at least)
--- leaves skin feeling soft
--- easy to travel with because it's a solid cleanser!
--- $12 worth lasts for about 3 months (so about $4/month)

CONS
--- can spoil easily if you let water get into the container (avoid buying more than $12 worth and take a chunk off and store in a different container)
--- will not remove makeup
--- can be messy when you first buy it because it's a little stiff
--- comes in a crappy plastic tub

NOTE: If you want to try this, get a sample of it first. Lush is *very* generous with samples. If you ever do buy something from Lush and it doesn't work for your skin, don't be afraid to return it. It doesn't need to be a waste of money! They're very kind and understanding about returns and exchanges. continued >>

on 10/15/2012 2:03:00 AM

As an "overall cleanser" this is average, but if you use this for a very specific purpose, then it becomes a great cleanser, IMO. In other words, it's not great for all-purpose, 1-step use to take off all your makeup, and thoroughly clean your skin. However, it is AWESOME as a morning cleanser.

I only use this in the morning when my face is already clean. Its great at putting moisture and suppleness back into the face. I don't use it every morning...I tend to use it once a week or more if my skin is starting to feel a little dry and need some hydration. I love it because it exfoliates gently, but has properties that seem to soothe and relieve the skin. I especially like to use it when I feel that I also need a little more radiance.

I don't use it at night at all because I prefer my regular cleanser, which is used to remove the traces of makeup residue. For those who prefer or want to, you could use this after using a make-up specific cleanser. My guess is it would help to moisturize the skin and prep it even more for the nightly moisturizer.

Overall, I think its great for a specific purpose. A little goes a long way. Some people said it can be messy, which it can, but if you are able to do it in the shower, that should help but down the messiness.

I love this cleanser and would definitely repurchase. The only reason I gave it a 4 is because its not a HG cleanser that can do everything.