April 19, 2014 | 864 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Angels on Bare Skin

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2011 9:27:00 PM More reviews by Jexka

I've been using this for a couple of weeks now and I'm really enjoying it. After a not-great-but-not-horrible experience with Dark Angels, I was hesitant to try another one of Lush's "crumbly" face washes, but I'm glad I picked this up.
I use this in the shower and haven't had any problems. It's much less messy in the shower - you don't have to worry about little bits falling into the sink, on the floor, or on your clothes. I just keep the tub on a shelf that is away from the stream of water so excess moisture doesn't get in. I break off about a quarter-sized amount (pea-sized isn't enough to cover your whole face), wet it, work it into a paste, and scrub away! I like that this is such a gentle exfoliator as well as a cleanser. It feels very nice on your skin and isn't irritating at all. I've seen some people complaining about the almond seeds, but in the small amount I use, I usually only have one to two seeds per use and they don't feel scratchy or harsh at all. The smell is great too; it's a very herbal-y lavander scent.
I'm giving this a 4 because I haven't noticed any drastic changes in my skin since I started using this. I don't have any real issues that I need taken care of, just combination skin with the occasional breakout, so I'm just glad this didn't have any negative effects. I have noticed that my skin is a little less oily, but I'm not 100% sure if that is because of this product or because of the weather chaning. Immediately after cleansing with this your skin will look gorgeous, though. The other day I stepped out of the bathroom and my roommate said, "Wow, your skin looks so glow-y!" So because of that, and because it's fun to use a product that's so different, I would recommend and repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/21/2011 1:10:00 PM More reviews by bluemymind99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I can't deny that my skin feels amazing after using AOBS. The one-two punch of exfoliating and delivering moisture that my skin drinks up is hard to beat. BUT AOBS is full of things that are bad for your skin, and after a few weeks of use my skin started to protest. Lavender oil, for example, is a potent irritant. Even as I was scruffing the flakies off my nose, the lavender oil was prompting my skin to make more, and no amount of moisture would stop them.

The other issue with AOBS is sanitation. I went out of my way to keep it dry, but it still got wet, and exposed to my fingers every time I pinched a piece off, and it got gross before its expiration date and I had to chuck it. Good riddance.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/20/2011 4:08:00 PM More reviews by pollyg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This cleanser is really interesting. I really love how my skin feels after using it. However, it does not remove any eye makeup and I end up having to do it separately. That is a real downside for me (hence the 2 lippies gone).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2011 9:35:00 AM More reviews by cherryme

I wanted so bad to like this product! In fact I may like it but my skin doesn't. I have a tight budget but I still really wanted to try this cleanser. After reading the reviews (on more websites) I decided I have to try it. The results: it smells nice, I have no problem with the way of using it, my skin was looking nice, moisturized and glowy. The downsides: it is expensive for a product that lasts only 3 months (!) and it broke me badly.
I don't know if I will repurchase this cleanser. Maybe I will give it another chance and I will buy just a small portion (for a month) if it is possible, if not, then I won't repurchase. Also, about the breakouts- maybe it was a purging or perhaps the lavande doesn't get along with my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2011 8:40:00 AM More reviews by whatisaspacebar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm onto my second tub of this. I have dry, sensitive skin and find it soothes, softens and generally makes my skin feel refreshed and "clean". I need to point out that I DON'T use it to remove make up, or as an exfoliator. Not really sure the product is meant for those things anyway. I clean my skin/ remove make up first then use AOBS, then moisturise. Sometimes I let it dry and leave it on like a facial mask (well it is basically clay anyway) , then rinse off. Works a treat. Potential cons could be the smell- not that I find it objectionable- and messiness of the seeds in it- again not something I personally find unmanageable. Really good for sensitive skin because there's no alcohol or other nasties in it. I'll repurchase for sure.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/13/2011 6:05:00 PM More reviews by rimmela

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Seems to suit sensitive/dehydrated, dry-normal skin types much better. My skin is oily to very oily and this doesn't do the job. It doesn't clean my skin properly and surely doesn't exfoliate. It definitely doesn't remove makeup for me. I have found that if I use this on already clean skin, it does make my skin soft and moisturized. This is a good cleanser for those with dehydrated skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2011 1:09:00 PM More reviews by CuteTea

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Wow, where to start?! I first used this cleanser years (literally, years) ago when I was 10 and was first venturing into the world or beauty, makeup and skincare. I must have used it for a year or so before I stopped purchasing it and started using some other products. The truth is, I can't understand why I stopped buying it!

This cleanser is so perfect, especially for those with normal / combo skin - although I've heard good things if you have dry skin too! It's not too harsh on your skin, has a delicate, non overpowering fragrance (lavender and roses) and a slightly exfoliating texture. I use this every morning and sometimes after I use my cream cleanser to take my makeup off at night.

To use, I take a small, pea-sized amount, place it in my palm and using some warm water turn it into a meduim thickness paste. I always wet my face with water before using Angels as I feel it helps application of the cleanser better. Then, gently apply Angels all over, taking care to avoid your eyes as it can be quite 'bitty'. AOBS is brilliant around the nose / forehead area as the texture is slightly exfoliating. Brilliant!

The packaging hasn't caused me any huge issues. I remember back in the day when it was a clear, flimsy plastic pot. Now Lush sell masks and cleansers in black pots (which you can take back and recieve a fresh facemask if you collect 5) which are much more practical. Some have said the pot broke, but I have never had that happen to me. The only gripe I have is that I used Angels in the shower (thankfully when I only had enough for one wash left) and the tiniest amount of water got in, despite the fact the lid was on tight. Result? A mushy goop that was no use to anyone. So be careful of using this in the shower.

The price has most certainly gone up. My most recent 100g pot cost me 5.95! Rather pricey, but I was happy to pay it as Angels is most definitely worth the money.

I will most certainly buy this again and won't make the mistake of forgetting about it! A HG cleanser!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2011 5:05:00 PM More reviews by stacieanne1210

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this product was not designed for removing makeup as it states on tub use on clean skin it has made a massive difference to my skin i had recently broke out in spots and with combination skin i was oily and dry, i use it every day its so mild gentle but soo effective unlike anything i have ever used. it smooths out my skin so i can apply my foundation with out it clinging to any dry skin or bumps also its all natural and vegan and lush do not test on animals which was a big selling point for me

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2011 12:57:00 PM More reviews by justcait

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutely love Angels on Bare Skin. It makes my skin feel so good - cleansed and fresh without feeling dry, and no breakouts whatsoever. The smell isn't for everyone, but I like it. The only downside is it doesn't remove eye make up, but I'm not taking a lippie off for that, because it has so many other good points.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2011 9:00:00 AM More reviews by jillheartsmakeup

when this product is used properly, it is fantastic. It is very gentle, so it's great on sensitive skin. Plus it doesn't leave weird residues like other chemical soaps or scrubs do. Oh, and it's fun to use! I love using mine. I think the girls at lush reccomended i use a pea size amount, but that didnt do much. I use a quarter size amount and it really does the job.