September 21, 2014 | 1886 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Angels on Bare Skin

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2012 3:57:00 PM More reviews by makemeup001

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

BEST CLEANSER EVER.
For my oily skin, this has worked wonders. After being introduced to it by a friend, I got a sample. Worked pretty well! I looked for a SLS and paraben free cleanser for so long and finally my prayers were answered with this pot of heaven.. Only bad thing is that as different people make different batches/pots, you don't always get the same consistency. Sometimes there aren't enough lavender flowers in, so its not as loved by me.
I love it and will continue to repurchase (until or IF something better comes along). At a decent price for a natural cleanser, there's nothing not to love! Hopefully the consistency will improve .

rated 1 of 5 on 2/12/2012 10:56:00 PM More reviews by Lov3me4m3

I tried this product as sample (the price was up there) and I wanted to see if it actually would work for my combination skin, at first I felt like my face was tight so I applyed the "breath of fresh air" like the lady at lush advised and it still felt tight and oily plus my face was red, so not cool. Won't purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2012 11:34:00 PM More reviews by irisng

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

If you have combination skin, this would be the perfect product. It's has this smell that I'm very fond of and it has a little more of an exfoliation than herbalism. It leaves my skin soft and feeling clean.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2012 5:29:00 AM More reviews by emigyaru

Angels on Bare Skin was actually one of my first product from LUSH and was recommended by the SA that worked there for my combination skin. I am a huge fan of this cleanser. I use it every morning to exfoliate and it leaves my skin really soft and I make sure to exfoliate my lips too. I use my favorite moisturizer immediately after this to increase the absorption power. This is actually quite cheap since I've brought $6 portions on two separate occasions and they each last me a good 3-4 months with daily use. A little goes a long way with this cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2012 7:14:00 AM More reviews by patty88

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

A wonderful cleanser, gentle, yet effective and I love the texture of the scrubbing grains. Although I've never liked the smell of lavender, AOBS has other ingredients too, which makes it bearable. It leaves you face really soft and clear. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2012 5:09:00 PM More reviews by katesloan

I went into Lush because my old faithful cleanser, Coalface, had become too drying for me. I had classic "winter skin" - red, dry, itchy. I needed something gentler.

They gave me AOBS because it's more moisturizing than Coalface, though still scrubby enough for my needs. They also gave me a sample of their Celestial moisturizer.

I LOVE THIS CLEANSER. After using it, my skin never feels tight or dried out. AOBS is easy to use once you get the hang of it (I like to take a little chunk in each hand, get 'em a little damp, and scrub in circles all over my face). It has a nice, calming, herbal scent. It gives just the right amount of scrub. Overall, very pleased with my purchase, and will buy again!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2012 11:48:00 AM More reviews by candace4125

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Angels on Bare Skin gave me painful cystic acne within days of using it, it just did not work well for me. I bought $10 worth of product. To use this I broke off a generous chunk in my hand and mixed it with water to create a paste and rubbed it all over my face. The scent of this smells like bitter flowers if that even makes sense. Do not use this if you have sensitive skin or already have acne because it will make it worse. Go to a dermatologist for real acne medication.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2012 5:51:00 PM More reviews by maddddie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The product is 5.95 for 100g, which lasts about one to two months with daily use - I use as a scrub in the morning, but a cream cleanser to remove makeup etc. in the evening. It is freshly mixed within a very short time of reaching the shelves, mainly containing almonds, clay and essential oils. It claims to "gently polish your skin", and be suitable for all skin types (nut allergies and the like allowing, obviously).

It comes in one of Lush's signature black pots, which is definitely preferable to a bottle or pump - no struggling to get at the last of the product. The product is of a light greyish-green 'putty' consistency and the smell is sweetly herbal, more lavender than rose. When mixed with water, the product is slightly more 'gritty' as the clay becomes watery, making the ground almonds more apparent.

I apply the resulting mixture to my face and neck, and massage into my skin in a circular motion for a few minutes; when my face is sufficiently scrubbed, I rinse with cool water, barely pat dry and apply my toner onto still-damp skin. It can make a little mess in the sink, but nothing a splash of water won't rinse away.

I have used this on-and-off for a couple of years now, and decided to get another tub as I wanted to get back on top of my skincare after a series of ugly breakouts. This cleanser has calmed and cleared my skin, and I have seen visible results within one week. I haven't noticed any difference in oiliness or blackheads, as these are not really areas of concern for me - but it certainly hasn't had any detrimental effects.

Overall, I would definitely recommend anyone trying this, it can't do any harm and even may do a lot of good. A great addition to your skincare regimen :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2012 8:26:00 AM More reviews by nukacola

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

First of all, this is not designed to remove makeup! Yes, you are going to be disappointed with this product if this is what you're expecting it to do.

This cleanser is amazing. I have always preferred natural skincare and this fits the bill perfectly. It doesn't contain preservatives like normal skincare which can upset your skin, so this was a massive plus for me.

It's a solid cleanser which was a bit of a change for me... you have to get a small amount in your hand and mix it with warm water to make a paste. You can have it chunkier and grainier consistency (I prefer this personally) or a thin, milky one. Can get a bit messier than traditional cleansers but this doesn't bother me.

This left my skin sooo soft and clean. It also absorbed all the oil on my face which was great as my skin is often oily and greasy feeling. I'd definitely recommend it for oily skin, but I don't know if it would be too abrasive for dry/sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2012 12:09:00 AM More reviews by GoDawgs

I bought this product on a whim when passing the Lush store at the mall, and the sales girl recommended it for my combination skin. The texture is weird - dry, grainy and crumbly. However, it did a great job exfoliating my face and my skin was left feeling clean and soft. I also thought the product has a nice, clean scent.

While I liked the product, I am about to switch to Cetaphil, as I am beginning to use Retin A to combat aging and want something gentle and less abrasive (and also in expensive).