April 20, 2014 | 1344 users online

Shampoo - Redken - Color Extend Shampoo

rated 2 of 5 on 9/8/2005 4:11:00 AM More reviews by do1ng

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I didin't like this one. It didn't lather at all and it didn't do anything to my hair. The conditioner is nice, though.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2005 3:20:00 PM More reviews by TessyBuggyWuggy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I recently had my hair dyed red. I know red hair is a hard shade to maintain, so I purchased the Redken Color Extend shampoo and conditioner. I wash my hair daily, and I haven't experienced any drying whatsoever.In fact, its been the opposite. My hair is softer, shiny, and healthier. It doesnt get weighed down any at all. I used to have blonde highlghts, but my red has faded a bit there,bu now i have lovely, natural looking strawberr blonde streaks! I think this makes it more realistic, if anything. My only complaint is that the bottle (the liter) is way too big for my tiny hands.I even dropped it on my foot! OW! You should definately try this, maybe just not the liter!

UPDATE: I still have this product, like 5 months later. I switch a lot because I find this to be lacking. My color does fade, (not as much with drugstore brands) even my basic brown. My caramel highlights look nice, but my once almost black-brown hair now looks like my natural light brown color. I'll finish this out, but NO repurchase. There must be something better out there.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/13/2005 1:22:00 PM More reviews by emmerz910

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i don't know if it was the shampoo, conditioner, or color veil spray in this line, but right under my bangs, i broke out with tiny pimples on my forehead. i don't suspect it was the shampoo or conditioner, but i disliked those too. they smelled nice in the shower but when my hair was dry, it smelled odd. like aloe vera or something gross like that. so i wouldn't recommend this stuff.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/10/2005 3:06:00 AM More reviews by SoftPinkRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think every brand has at least one "bad" product. For Redken, this is it. Redken has EXCELLENT styling products and conditioners/treatments, but I can't say the same for any of their shampoos. If you have dyed hair and are looking for a nice color-treated shampoo, don't be fooled and buy this one just because of the brand itself. This shampoo has a weird liquid that doesn't lather up well, leaves your hair dry, and just doesn't feel very satisfying overall. Pretty disappointing. There are way better color-protecting shampoos out there.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2005 5:25:00 PM More reviews by tabloid

I'm very surprised by other reviewers' comments that it left their hair too dry, because I had just the opposite experience. I have fine hair that has been colored and highlighted, and tends to become dry and dull if I use a shampoo that is too harsh or a blowdryer that's too hot. In fact, my hair was a bit damaged when I started using this product (which I also use with the Color Extend daily conditioner) and my hair turned out soft and shiny. The product is a clear gel which doesn't lather very much at all but I can learn to live with that.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2005 10:13:00 PM More reviews by collectiblesbyrose

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not impressed with this shampoo. Has made my hair very dry.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2005 10:43:00 PM More reviews by Nikita03

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Makes my hair very dry,& did not help with my color.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2005 1:19:00 AM More reviews by Nemea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This shampoo did nothing for my hair, except drying it out terribly, like almost all shampoos for coloured hair. The only thing I liked about it was the light, clean scent.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2005 12:59:00 PM More reviews by gigglemommy

CEEEERAP! you might as well wash your hair with dawn dishwashing liquid. i like the all soft line, but this stuff fried my hair! it had hardly any lather, even on the rinse and repeat. hmmm i wonder if my bitchy sil needs some shampoo? lol! i wouldn't even wish this on her. the dog is going to smell like redken for the next several months.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/7/2005 4:09:00 AM More reviews by barbiehead

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This left my hair feeling so dry and unmanagable that I was afraid to even brush it. It felt like it would break if I tried to comb through it. My hair was knot free going into the shower, and a tangled, stiff mess coming out.