September 16, 2014 | 1225 users online

Shampoo - Redken - Color Extend Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2005 11:47:00 PM More reviews by ldybach

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

EDIT: 10/27/05 PLEASE NOTE: They have recently changed this product and now I love it even more. They changed it so well that every issue I had with it is gone and everything I loved remained. Now it lathers very well and feels rich and nurishing.It washes even dirty hair with just one small application - I don't feel I have to re-wash. Very rich and sudsy. - Below is my original review of this item, most of it is now null and void since this product now sudses up nicely.I use this more than any shampoo since I switched to red hair color about two years ago. It really helps prolong my color.I have a ton of fine hair and it doesn't weigh my hair down or dry it out. I use it along with the conditioner or the heavier Rich Defender a few times a week. Plus, I follow up with the Total Recharge from the same line. It's a conditioning leave in (or not) spray. And my hair is not weighed down. It is very gentle, which is neccessary to prolong color and this is why it doesn't suds up a huge amount. If you don't wash your hair daily and it's a bit oily you almost feel as if you have to wash twice with this product (NOT ANYMORE, SEE EDIT). But shampoo for colored hair - especially in shades of red, must be very gentle. And gentle shampoos just suds up less - it doesn't mean they aren't working - they are stripping less from your hair.It smells very nice and I like the entire Color Extend line. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 9/8/2005 4:11:00 AM More reviews by do1ng

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I didin't like this one. It didn't lather at all and it didn't do anything to my hair. The conditioner is nice, though.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2005 3:20:00 PM More reviews by TessyBuggyWuggy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I recently had my hair dyed red. I know red hair is a hard shade to maintain, so I purchased the Redken Color Extend shampoo and conditioner. I wash my hair daily, and I haven't experienced any drying whatsoever.In fact, its been the opposite. My hair is softer, shiny, and healthier. It doesnt get weighed down any at all. I used to have blonde highlghts, but my red has faded a bit there,bu now i have lovely, natural looking strawberr blonde streaks! I think this makes it more realistic, if anything. My only complaint is that the bottle (the liter) is way too big for my tiny hands.I even dropped it on my foot! OW! You should definately try this, maybe just not the liter!

UPDATE: I still have this product, like 5 months later. I switch a lot because I find this to be lacking. My color does fade, (not as much with drugstore brands) even my basic brown. My caramel highlights look nice, but my once almost black-brown hair now looks like my natural light brown color. I'll finish this out, but NO repurchase. There must be something better out there.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/13/2005 1:22:00 PM More reviews by emmerz910

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i don't know if it was the shampoo, conditioner, or color veil spray in this line, but right under my bangs, i broke out with tiny pimples on my forehead. i don't suspect it was the shampoo or conditioner, but i disliked those too. they smelled nice in the shower but when my hair was dry, it smelled odd. like aloe vera or something gross like that. so i wouldn't recommend this stuff.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/10/2005 3:06:00 AM More reviews by SoftPinkRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think every brand has at least one "bad" product. For Redken, this is it. Redken has EXCELLENT styling products and conditioners/treatments, but I can't say the same for any of their shampoos. If you have dyed hair and are looking for a nice color-treated shampoo, don't be fooled and buy this one just because of the brand itself. This shampoo has a weird liquid that doesn't lather up well, leaves your hair dry, and just doesn't feel very satisfying overall. Pretty disappointing. There are way better color-protecting shampoos out there.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2005 5:25:00 PM More reviews by tabloid

I'm very surprised by other reviewers' comments that it left their hair too dry, because I had just the opposite experience. I have fine hair that has been colored and highlighted, and tends to become dry and dull if I use a shampoo that is too harsh or a blowdryer that's too hot. In fact, my hair was a bit damaged when I started using this product (which I also use with the Color Extend daily conditioner) and my hair turned out soft and shiny. The product is a clear gel which doesn't lather very much at all but I can learn to live with that.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2005 10:13:00 PM More reviews by collectiblesbyrose

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not impressed with this shampoo. Has made my hair very dry.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2005 10:43:00 PM More reviews by Nikita03

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Makes my hair very dry,& did not help with my color.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2005 1:19:00 AM More reviews by Nemea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This shampoo did nothing for my hair, except drying it out terribly, like almost all shampoos for coloured hair. The only thing I liked about it was the light, clean scent.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2005 12:59:00 PM More reviews by gigglemommy

CEEEERAP! you might as well wash your hair with dawn dishwashing liquid. i like the all soft line, but this stuff fried my hair! it had hardly any lather, even on the rinse and repeat. hmmm i wonder if my bitchy sil needs some shampoo? lol! i wouldn't even wish this on her. the dog is going to smell like redken for the next several months.