La Mer Lip Balm

3.8

Petrolatum, Octyldodecanol, Microcrystalline Wax, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Bis-diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-10 Pentaoleate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Seaweed Extract, Emerald, Algae Extract, Tourmaline, Sesame Oil, Eucalyptus Oil, Sesame Seeds, Alfalfa Seeds, Sunflower Seeds, Powdered Almonds, Sodium-potassium-copper-calcium-magnesium And Zinc Gluconate, Vitamin E Succinate, Niacin, Fish Protein, Castor Oil, Phytosphingosine Trehalose, Polybutene, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cholesterol, Glyceryl Distearate, Water, Glycerin, Menthyl Pca, Oleic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Sodium Saccharin, Fragrance, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Calcium Carbonate, Sodium Bicarbonate, Bht Propylparaben, Blue 1 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Great lip treatment balm. I love the minty-sweet scent/taste. I love that it has the La Mer "Miracle Broth" in it (after all, that IS what you are paying for in this $45.00 lip balm! LOL!). I like how it seems to plump up my lips, and how I can wear it day or night because it's texture is so smooth and silky (not sticky or thick). Overall, I'd say if you are a La Mer purist and have the money to splurge on it, go ahead and get this lip balm ... you'll love it! But if you are just wanting the "core" La Mer treatment for your skin at the most affordable price, then skip this lip balm and spend your money on the La Mer Creme or Lotion (you can always rub some of the Creme or Lotion on your lips!). I have recently just fallen in *love* with La Mer, so I am obsessed now with getting all of their products. It'll take awhile since they are so expensive, but eventually I know I'll end up trying them all. LOL! I love this lip treatment balm ... I use every morning under my lipstick and every night before bed. 5 lippies!

on 9/14/2006 7:46:00 PM

My lips gets dry and cracked very easily and there isn't much lip balms or treatments that works. La Mer is one of very few lip balms that does work and it's definitely the fastest. The smell and taste is very cool and fresh and it's very addictive! It works fast but you don't need to put it on every 5 minutes.

on 9/8/2006 9:44:00 AM

Let me start by saying that I am a La Mer fan...but there is nothing special about this product. It's a lightweight waxy lip balm in a pot that doesn't seem to really "sink" into the lips to moisurize them. Instead, it sits on your lips and seems to set up a waxy base for lipstick which I don't really care for. So, it's not a terrible product if that's what you're looking for but for a lot LESS money you can buy a decent lip balm. I will not repurchase. UPDATE...recently purchased Bobbi Brown's Lip Balm and really like it. It costs 1/3 the price of La mer.

on 7/15/2006 3:49:00 PM

Interesting how all the positive reviews are glowing and all the negative reviews comment only the price. Anyway. Yes, it's expensive, but I got what I paid for. It makes my lips luscious and lasts much longer than any other balm I've tried. If only it had SPF, it would be my HG.
$45 for a .32 oz pot. continued >>

on 7/7/2006 1:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My lips peel badly last month, so I bought this lip treatment and had high hope. Well, it saved my lips - stopped peeling, moisturized and nourished deeply. I usually dip this amount (o) by my finger, then apply thick layer to my lips evenly. I tried to apply thinner layer and it did nothing at all.

on 6/22/2006 2:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

La Mer's Lip Balm moisturizers lips very well. Softens lips after wearing just a few hours (leave on a generous amount overnight and will see soft, plumper lips in the am). During day, just need a very thin layer and can wear lipstick on top. Improves dry, chapped lips within a couple of days. Smells nice as well for a lip balm. Is very expensive, but quality is good and the product lasts about 4-5 months.

Update: 3/4/10: Don't know if the ingredients have changed, but this balm is no longer as effective as it was a few years ago. I get extremely dry/chapped/peeling lips in winter and from many lipstick brands that I may try on. When I first used this balm, it would relieve the lip condition overnight, if not within a day. Now, it takes days to help heal the cracked/peeling problem. Kiehl's doesn't work so much on me either. So far the best lip balm/conditioner I've found is Chanel's.

on 4/23/2006 12:14:00 PM

i'm sure there's something cheaper and better than this. i hate the minty flavour and it give a tingling sensation on the lips which i don't like

on 4/2/2006 11:13:00 AM

I like this lip balm a lot although I can't be bothered to follow the instructions to "warm the balm to release the goodness of yadayadayada.."

It smells nice, I feel that it does truly moisturise my lips. My only gripe is it is not easy to use since it comes in a nice sleek pot - I'd repurchase if it ever gets repackaged into stick form.

on 3/14/2006 10:32:00 AM

I love the smell of this lip balm. Also, the fact that it doesn't feel greasy or gunky on your lips (esp. since you have to heat it using your fingertips, and you end up placing just a sheen of balm on your lips). I've answered yes to the question "Would you buy this product again?" because it gives good results and it smells so great, although it's veeeeeeery expensive.

on 3/3/2006 8:22:00 PM

But for this product's price, this is a close to perfect lip balm. NOT because of the "secret sea ingredients" but because it is super hydrating, not heavy or greasy, and very pleasant on the lips. My lips have been overly chapped at times and this is the product that nursed them to health. It's minty slightly sweet taste is has a nice perk to it without being distracting or offputting. It is creamier and "thinner" than other waxy lip balms...While the pot is very sleek and sexy, it's not very sanitary considering you're putting your fingers in it all the time and the lid collects dust and lint inside its grooves. The price is the most offputting trait of this product ($45 bucks a pop) but it works so well, you forget that each application probably costs thirty cents. I wish I could say that I'd never buy another $45 lip balm again, but I'm already on my second pot...It's that nice.

Popular Lip Treatments