September 16, 2014 | 2086 users online

Lip Treatments - La Mer - Lip Balm

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2006 1:41:00 AM More reviews by annelau

My lips peel badly last month, so I bought this lip treatment and had high hope. Well, it saved my lips - stopped peeling, moisturized and nourished deeply. I usually dip this amount (o) by my finger, then apply thick layer to my lips evenly. I tried to apply thinner layer and it did nothing at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/22/2006 2:56:00 PM More reviews by vmar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

La Mer's Lip Balm moisturizers lips very well. Softens lips after wearing just a few hours (leave on a generous amount overnight and will see soft, plumper lips in the am). During day, just need a very thin layer and can wear lipstick on top. Improves dry, chapped lips within a couple of days. Smells nice as well for a lip balm. Is very expensive, but quality is good and the product lasts about 4-5 months.

Update: 3/4/10: Don't know if the ingredients have changed, but this balm is no longer as effective as it was a few years ago. I get extremely dry/chapped/peeling lips in winter and from many lipstick brands that I may try on. When I first used this balm, it would relieve the lip condition overnight, if not within a day. Now, it takes days to help heal the cracked/peeling problem. Kiehl's doesn't work so much on me either. So far the best lip balm/conditioner I've found is Chanel's.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2006 12:14:00 PM More reviews by jas_mine

i'm sure there's something cheaper and better than this. i hate the minty flavour and it give a tingling sensation on the lips which i don't like

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2006 11:13:00 AM More reviews by Loves

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like this lip balm a lot although I can't be bothered to follow the instructions to "warm the balm to release the goodness of yadayadayada.."

It smells nice, I feel that it does truly moisturise my lips. My only gripe is it is not easy to use since it comes in a nice sleek pot - I'd repurchase if it ever gets repackaged into stick form.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2006 10:32:00 AM More reviews by escebola

I love the smell of this lip balm. Also, the fact that it doesn't feel greasy or gunky on your lips (esp. since you have to heat it using your fingertips, and you end up placing just a sheen of balm on your lips). I've answered yes to the question "Would you buy this product again?" because it gives good results and it smells so great, although it's veeeeeeery expensive.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2006 8:22:00 PM More reviews by productguru

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

But for this product's price, this is a close to perfect lip balm. NOT because of the "secret sea ingredients" but because it is super hydrating, not heavy or greasy, and very pleasant on the lips. My lips have been overly chapped at times and this is the product that nursed them to health. It's minty slightly sweet taste is has a nice perk to it without being distracting or offputting. It is creamier and "thinner" than other waxy lip balms...While the pot is very sleek and sexy, it's not very sanitary considering you're putting your fingers in it all the time and the lid collects dust and lint inside its grooves. The price is the most offputting trait of this product ($45 bucks a pop) but it works so well, you forget that each application probably costs thirty cents. I wish I could say that I'd never buy another $45 lip balm again, but I'm already on my second pot...It's that nice.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2006 2:20:00 PM More reviews by wawagugugaga

This is a great lip balm but donít think itís worth $45 a pop. I use it at night before bed and apply again in the morning. The texture is pretty light and easily absorbed. Nice minty scent and tastes slightly sweet. Iíve used this for about 3 months now and it works very well in the harsh NYC winter. My lips are smoother and maintain a healthy pink color. However, I really dislike the pot form; it would be much more convenient if comes in a tube.
**update 6/24/2009 I still have not finished the pot yet..it lasts forever! At least the quality of this product is great; the color and smell have not changed at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2006 1:14:00 PM More reviews by labellavita

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

This is a great product! It moisturizes my lips and they feel really soft. It doesnt really absorb, so it probably doesn't moisturize as much as some other products do. Make sure you warm it up in your hands and put it on with your fingers otherwise it won't work as good.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2005 10:53:00 PM More reviews by bybare

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Well I have tried every lip balm out there including the ones all advertised in Lucky and Allure ... Kiehl's, Chapstick, Neutrogena, Rosesmith's ..they all suck and didn't provide moisture to my chapped, very dry lips. I have big lips so you would notice the results of something pronto and since I use La Mer on my face, I got suckered into trying the Lip Balm at a La Mer event and I never looked back. I can't even recall when I purchased it because it feels like forever ago and I still have a ton of balm left. For the folks complaining about the price, take each day you use something and divide it by the price, price per use is cheap! This jar goes everywhere with me and I have turned a ton of friends on it. They see my lips at the beach, pool, traveling to Aspen, ski season ..you name it, I am the only one in the group with great looking lips and then we spend over an hour trying to find a La Mer counter for them to purchase a jar, lol. This balm works wonders with any lipliner too, as the color stays put during dinner, if only that worked for kisses. Ladies, enjoy!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2005 6:15:00 PM More reviews by littleliverbird

Oh, i LOVE this stuff! This smells divine and goes on like a dream. It is expensive but it will last for ages. It conditions like no other and leaves your lips feeling like silk. My only gripe is that it is not hygenic being in a little pot that you keep dipping your fingers into. A tube would be more hygenic, but the packaging LOOKS fab with the ever-so decadent creme de la mer inprint on the lid. Even in winter, my lips are so soft and smooth with this gorgeous balm. I will buy this forever..........