October 26, 2014 | 1429 users online

Lip Treatments - La Mer - Lip Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2006 7:46:00 PM More reviews by jmvuitton

My lips gets dry and cracked very easily and there isn't much lip balms or treatments that works. La Mer is one of very few lip balms that does work and it's definitely the fastest. The smell and taste is very cool and fresh and it's very addictive! It works fast but you don't need to put it on every 5 minutes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2006 9:44:00 AM More reviews by sdg13

Let me start by saying that I am a La Mer fan...but there is nothing special about this product. It's a lightweight waxy lip balm in a pot that doesn't seem to really "sink" into the lips to moisurize them. Instead, it sits on your lips and seems to set up a waxy base for lipstick which I don't really care for. So, it's not a terrible product if that's what you're looking for but for a lot LESS money you can buy a decent lip balm. I will not repurchase. UPDATE...recently purchased Bobbi Brown's Lip Balm and really like it. It costs 1/3 the price of La mer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2006 3:49:00 PM More reviews by carinnemj

Interesting how all the positive reviews are glowing and all the negative reviews comment only the price. Anyway. Yes, it's expensive, but I got what I paid for. It makes my lips luscious and lasts much longer than any other balm I've tried. If only it had SPF, it would be my HG.
$45 for a .32 oz pot. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2006 1:41:00 AM More reviews by annelau

My lips peel badly last month, so I bought this lip treatment and had high hope. Well, it saved my lips - stopped peeling, moisturized and nourished deeply. I usually dip this amount (o) by my finger, then apply thick layer to my lips evenly. I tried to apply thinner layer and it did nothing at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/22/2006 2:56:00 PM More reviews by vmar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

La Mer's Lip Balm moisturizers lips very well. Softens lips after wearing just a few hours (leave on a generous amount overnight and will see soft, plumper lips in the am). During day, just need a very thin layer and can wear lipstick on top. Improves dry, chapped lips within a couple of days. Smells nice as well for a lip balm. Is very expensive, but quality is good and the product lasts about 4-5 months.

Update: 3/4/10: Don't know if the ingredients have changed, but this balm is no longer as effective as it was a few years ago. I get extremely dry/chapped/peeling lips in winter and from many lipstick brands that I may try on. When I first used this balm, it would relieve the lip condition overnight, if not within a day. Now, it takes days to help heal the cracked/peeling problem. Kiehl's doesn't work so much on me either. So far the best lip balm/conditioner I've found is Chanel's.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2006 12:14:00 PM More reviews by jas_mine

i'm sure there's something cheaper and better than this. i hate the minty flavour and it give a tingling sensation on the lips which i don't like

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2006 11:13:00 AM More reviews by Loves

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like this lip balm a lot although I can't be bothered to follow the instructions to "warm the balm to release the goodness of yadayadayada.."

It smells nice, I feel that it does truly moisturise my lips. My only gripe is it is not easy to use since it comes in a nice sleek pot - I'd repurchase if it ever gets repackaged into stick form.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2006 10:32:00 AM More reviews by escebola

I love the smell of this lip balm. Also, the fact that it doesn't feel greasy or gunky on your lips (esp. since you have to heat it using your fingertips, and you end up placing just a sheen of balm on your lips). I've answered yes to the question "Would you buy this product again?" because it gives good results and it smells so great, although it's veeeeeeery expensive.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2006 8:22:00 PM More reviews by productguru

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

But for this product's price, this is a close to perfect lip balm. NOT because of the "secret sea ingredients" but because it is super hydrating, not heavy or greasy, and very pleasant on the lips. My lips have been overly chapped at times and this is the product that nursed them to health. It's minty slightly sweet taste is has a nice perk to it without being distracting or offputting. It is creamier and "thinner" than other waxy lip balms...While the pot is very sleek and sexy, it's not very sanitary considering you're putting your fingers in it all the time and the lid collects dust and lint inside its grooves. The price is the most offputting trait of this product ($45 bucks a pop) but it works so well, you forget that each application probably costs thirty cents. I wish I could say that I'd never buy another $45 lip balm again, but I'm already on my second pot...It's that nice.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2006 2:20:00 PM More reviews by wawagugugaga

This is a great lip balm but donít think itís worth $45 a pop. I use it at night before bed and apply again in the morning. The texture is pretty light and easily absorbed. Nice minty scent and tastes slightly sweet. Iíve used this for about 3 months now and it works very well in the harsh NYC winter. My lips are smoother and maintain a healthy pink color. However, I really dislike the pot form; it would be much more convenient if comes in a tube.
**update 6/24/2009 I still have not finished the pot yet..it lasts forever! At least the quality of this product is great; the color and smell have not changed at all.