Biosilk Silk Therapy

Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, SD Alcohol 40-B, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Ethyl Ester of Hydrolyzed Silk, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol,Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Parfum (Fragrance)Hexyl Cinnamic Aldehyde, Benzyl Benzoate, Linalool, Gamma Methyl Ionone, Citronellol, Lilial, Hydroxy Citronellol, Geraniol, Eugenol. Silk Therapy Lite: Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclotetrasiloxane, Caprylyl Methicone, Phenyl Trimethicone,C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol, Ethyl Ester of Hydrolyzed Silk, Fragrance (Parfum),Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Benzyl Benzoate, Citronellol, GeraniolHydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Linalool.

LOVE. I have relatively wavy hair that's prone to fly aways, but after using this product it helps make my hair look and feel so much more tamed. I feel that the best time to use it is after blow drying or straightening your hair, because it helps mold it. Only apply to hair ends, avoid roots!

on 1/26/2012 1:02:00 PM

I used to use this all the time for a long time, at least 7 years. I used to love it, but I stopped using it after discovering products that work better. The smell of this isn't terrible, but after a while I couldn't stand the smell of this anymore. I have thick hair that's hard to make greasy, but this product managed to make my hair oily. It does contain a lot of alcohol, but I don't neccesarily remember this drying out my hair. I do remember my hair being frizzy when using this, that's probably due to the alcohol. I find Chi silk infusion, macadamia's healing oil, healthy sexy hair's soy renewal oil, & Paul Mitchell's super skinny serum to work better than Biosilk. I wouldn't buy this again because there are too many products that work better than this.

on 1/23/2012 4:06:00 AM

Leaves your hair feeling very silky and super soft. Help tame flyaways. Don't use too much at your roots or you will look greasy. Concentrate on your ends.

on 1/20/2012 10:44:00 PM

this product is great i love using it, you really need to be careful with the amount you use in your hair if you put too much your hair will become greasy if you have longer hair it shouldnt be a problem, other then that it smells great:)

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Biosilk smells awesome. It makes my hair look good for almost a week. Then my hair turns into straw. Why? Because it contains alcohol which is very drying. It's also full of silicones which build up on the hair shaft. The build up doesn't let moisture into the hair shaft. Then you have dry hair and silicone build up that needs to be removed with a clarifying shampoo.
I have dry, curly coarse hair and this is a horrible product for it. Hairdressers always used to recommend this and would have to tell them it's horrible and dries my hair out.

on 1/12/2012 8:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is my HG styling product, it makes hair so shiny and silky. The only downsides are the caps on the bottles I've purchased have had a tendency to crack and leak, and as other reviewers have suggested, a little goes a long way; so it can be easy to overdo it and go a bit greasy. But with my long hair my margin of error is bigger and I've rarely had a problem. A great product!

on 1/6/2012 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is a really good product, though i must say it is quite expensive, i would say its worth the money. Word of advice, i would recommend getting the smaller bottles because this will last you a VERY long time! I love the way it makes my hair feel so soft and adds shine! i love the smell as well :)

on 12/25/2011 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Before discovering Moroccan Oil, this (and Osis Magic) were my go-to hair smoothers/treatments. My hair is thick and coarse and very prone to frizz in the humid summers in S. Ontario and Biosilk Silk Therapy imparted a lovely shine and silkiness to my hair and also helped combat frizz and static in winter. When Costco started carrying huge bottles of this for a very reasonable price, I was thrilled to be able to get 3 or 4 times the amount of product for the same price I paid for a tiny bottle at most salons.

While I've pretty much switched entirely to Moroccan Oil, I still do have Silk Therapy around in the house and I do use it from time to time. I think it's a great product, especially if you have thicker hair.

It sucks to give this only 3 stars because I do like the results of it - it's just I didnt check the ingredients before I got this, and being a hair junkie, I found out there is alcohol in this and thats a huge no! You dont want alcohol in hair products because it dries out. Especially since your putting this on your ends! Like your damaging them straight up.

on 12/17/2011 12:18:00 AM

my hair is very fine, flyaway, slightly wavy, easily tangled, breakage prone, split ends, slow to grow, and i dont dye or heat style my hair. i also have extremely oily roots. now onto the product

pros:
makes hair shiny
makes hair way less frizzy
makes my hair straighter and healthier looking
super soft hair
weighs flyaway hair down (a pro for me)
does not make my hair greasy (the way i use it)

cons:
smells exactly like rave hair spray. i do not know what this peachy nice smell is that other people smell. maybe they changed the scent because ive been using a bottle thats several years old and its the only bottle ive used.
the container should really allow it to dispense some other way
weighs hair down (pro for me, but con maybe for some curly haired girls)
very very easy to overdo it. use a dime size or less even on long hair, trust me. dont apply to roots especially if you have oily hair but thats obvious
I think it breaks me out but not sure

it hasnt dried out my hair yet but i havent been using it long enough..i initially tried this on dry hair years ago and thought it was really bad. then i read these reviews and tried it on wet hair and i am so glad i did.

if you've tried this dry and disliked it, try it wet. i only give it four stars because its not foolproof, you have to tweak your method until it works for you.

Top Rated Biosilk Products