April 18, 2014 | 916 users online

Treatments - Biosilk - Silk Therapy

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2011 7:40:00 PM More reviews by barberree

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

i got this cheaply at Ulta on the Clearance aisle. otherwise, i wouldn't have tried it; there are already so many "silkening" products out there to try. i'm glad i picked this up, though, as it provided basic smoothing of flyaways and dry hair. still it's nothing particularly special when compared to Fekkai Glossing Cream. i'll pay more and continue to use the miracle that is Fakkai.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2011 7:59:00 PM More reviews by eyring

This is the best....definite HG. Makes my dry frizzy hair so silky and smooth even in Texas humidity. A little expensive but it lasts a long time because it doesn't take very much for styling. I also love the way it makes my hair smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2011 3:19:00 AM More reviews by rockerchic4251

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i love biosilk! i use it on wet hair OR before i use a heat appliance (like a straightener or curler), and then a tiny bit after. this is like my HOLY GRAIL product.! <3 it makes my hair soft, calms all frizz, and keeps it all looking smooth and silky and healthy(:

when it comes to biosilk vs. chi silk infusion, though, silk infusion will always win. <3 still. this stuff is great

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2011 10:20:00 PM More reviews by tomakeupchick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this!! I love the smell and I love how soft and smooth it makes my hair feel. The only thing is you need to be careful with how much you use, a little really does go a long way. Putting in too much can make thinner hair look greasy (as opposed the lovely shiny and healthy look you get when you use just enough). It is a bit pricey but it lasts a really long time so it is well worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2011 9:40:00 PM More reviews by selinany1

I've been using this product on my hair for 5 years and loved how it made my naturally thick wavy hair soft and shiny for so long! I have always put a quarter size amount my hair is dry but it disappears after a while. >__< My hair is dry and rough but Biosilk has reduced it quite a bit. The serum smells incredible and does what it says softens the hair but for my naturally thick hair I need something stronger. .__. After I finish my last bottle which takes forever I'll be switching over to Argan/ Morrocan Oil which is more mosturizing and fights my frizz much better. Goodbye Biosilk you've helped me so much over the years!!!

FYI The product is expensive but it will do your hair justice for making your hair softer and shiner but not for frizz.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2011 4:34:00 PM More reviews by HLC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use this product on wet hair as a weekly treatment. PROS: Def softens hair and makes it shiny. Pleasant, very low-key scent. Bottle lasts FOREVER. CONS: Expensive (I paid $20 for a smallish bottle @ Publix). A bit difficult not to use too much: I only need a dime-sized amount for my long thick hair. Would be better to package in a pump rather than a pour-bottle for more dispensing control. I have acne-prone skin and worry a bit about this stuff breaking me out, so I let my hair dry pulled up away from my face when I use it and also change my pillowcase the day after.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2011 5:56:00 AM More reviews by lusciouslocks6

This product is great if you have dry, over-processed hair.

You only need to apply about 1 tiny blob, rub in your hands and apply from midway length of the hair to the ends. Do not put on the scalp as this will block the pores, and cause greasy/oily hair.

Makes hair shiny, frizz free and soft and gives Loreal adverts a run for their money!

Cheap too from folica.com if you buy bulk :)

rated 2 of 5 on 7/11/2011 7:29:00 PM More reviews by inkonapin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I want to love it. I love the smell. Not the effect. Makes my hair shiny but does nothing for frizz or flyaways and may even make them worse. I have generally used it on dry hair before or after styling.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2011 12:25:00 AM More reviews by Bellona

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I found this to be an okay product to combat frizz and dryness. It didn't work any miracles on my dry, course, wavy, frizz-prone hair. I used the whole bottle and then moved on to find something better. For me it ranked in the same vicinity as a drug-store product for serums.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2011 5:55:00 PM More reviews by linet182

I've been using this product for years and I love it. I put a small pea-size amount on my damp hair and I just let it dry. It doesn't let my hair get frizzy plus it smells wonderful. It leaves my hair feeling very soft and manageable.