July 25, 2014 | 1727 users online

Treatments (Face) - The Body Shop - Tea Tree Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2009 8:44:00 PM More reviews by crystal3t

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Been using this for about 3 months now, and bottle is still half full. Not bad for the price, so about $10 for 6 months. It does make your skin very dry so gotta put on some moisturizer, other than that, it totally works for my oily skin =)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2009 10:47:00 PM More reviews by stefie2104

I have tried using 100% TTO products and burns my skin.

Finally bit the bullets and get this with my LYB voucher. This is much milder, with alcohol. Some may hate the alcohol contents, but to me I think it helps greatly in reducing the swelling. Pimples take about 2 days to come to head.

Great product, but not great price. You can get much cheaper brand like Thursday plantation TTO 15% at less than SGD 10 for bigger product than this. I would continue to buy from TBS cos I am nuts about their products, I guess I am brand loyalty:)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2009 2:48:00 AM More reviews by phalaenopsis_619

Love this product. It's the only acne product that works on my face (acne gels burn my skin). I'm not prone to breakouts, but I do have monthly breakouts. I feel it does work in preventing, (well my monthly breakouts are due to hormonal change near my period, so nothing can really prevent that) if it's just those days where you have clogged pores and is about to have acnes, this product works fine. Ok well when it comes to big breakouts, don't expect this to be a miracle product, but to me it does help with relieving the pain, and the next day it usually gets a lot better. Have repurchased many bottles already.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2009 8:58:00 PM More reviews by BaltimoreBelle

Although the smell does not bother me, my boyfriend literatlly recoils...and he is not very observant.

That being said, nothing works better to sanitize a cystic breakout.

Another way I use this is after a mask is removed, when my pores are big and open, after extractions, I use this and it reduces swelling and keeps my pores clean.

All in all a very clasaically good product that I am glad I gave a chance. Not much works on my acneic yet combo skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2009 7:18:00 PM More reviews by illeyad

I was disappointed with this Body Shop product

PROS: (1) packaging made for easy application (2) It did seem to reduce the amount of oil on my skin.

CONS: (1) did nothing but inflame my acne (2) did nothing to prevent acne

I am starting to suspect I may have a tea tree oil sensitivity on my facial skin (I use hair products with tea tree and have never had a problem). However this was only a 15% tonic of tea tree oil, so it is difficult to determine for certain. Perhaps it was not a strong enough amount to prove affective on my mild/moderate adult acne. However, it does not change the fact that after a week it did not even shrink my acne, in fact, it seemed to prolong it.

Whether that means this is a worth while product to use or not, is hard to say, because it seems affective on most skin types (except mine!). Currently I am trying anti bacterial soap which has proven more efficient than the tea tree oil.

***Alternative Use: I have been now using it as a disinfectant for my eye brow plucker. Than I apply the oil over the area I have plucked hair to prevent a possibly zit from forming. So far this new technique seems to be working very well.
Good luck, and Happy Shopping

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2009 4:56:00 AM More reviews by Kittemans

I've used ths for a long time now and it works really well for me! But not for the catastropic blemishes offcourse. Nothing will work for that....
But i'm gonna buy it agian!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2009 3:47:00 AM More reviews by tiffando

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think this is $9 at the Body Shop and it does a whole lotta work! They usually have tea tree oil specials, like a 2-fer something. This is spot treatment for blemishes. I love this tea tree oil. I put it on blemishes over night and if it's a small blemish that's starting to show it'll be gone by the next day. If the blemish has been on my face for awhile it will take a couple days to remove with the tea tree oil. The smell you will get use to, it smells kinda minty. Use a Q-tip to apply on blemishes if you are germ conscious and don't want to use your fingers. They also have this in a pen for on the go.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2009 1:30:00 PM More reviews by Apryl47

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I actually am really starting to like tea tree oil. I bought my first bottle of this stuff quite a few years ago but only really starting religiously using it recently. Like everyone says, it's not an instant cure but I find what it does is disinfect the pimple which will cause it to go down. And if you keep on applying it to your trouble areas (my chin is mine) even when you don't have a pimple you will see great results. At the moment my chin is totally clear which is freaking amazing because that NEVER happens. Yay!

I use a Q-Tip to apply it and that works great for me. Give it a chance and keep with it. It really does work. I also find it reduces redness.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2009 1:23:00 AM More reviews by hathor2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've been buying tea tree blemish stick (avon's or the body shop's) for a long time now and I would have to agree that it's not an instant cure. It is a way to deal with wounds faster than a break out or wound if it would heal by itself.
I like the fact that the body shop's tea tree blemish stick or oil in a bottle does not have alcohol so my potentially big pimple or even small cuts don't sting upon applying a few drops of this product. Yep I use it on small cuts or scratches from my cats after I've cleaned the wound.
It's not a magic cure all, but it does help in making the cut close faster and a potentially big pimple not come out at all or my pimple will not come out as big as it would have without use of this product.
The packaging of the oil or blemish stick is small enough that it's a must have for me in my bag. There's hardly any scent if any. It could be a little cheaper like Avon's but it lasts a long time because a little goes a long way so it's worth it.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/31/2008 2:42:00 AM More reviews by En_Song

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Used this ages ago when I had wave after wave of acne attacks. Did absolutely nothing and was a complete waste of $$$. Only roaccutane saved me. So, guys, if you have acne, please don't waste time and $$ on topical products, get yourself on roaccutane and watch those zits and oilies disappear. :)