The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil

3.4

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Alcohol Denat., PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Polysorbate 20, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Limonene, t-Butyl Alcohol, Calophyllum Inophyllum Seed Oil, Citral, Leptospermum Petersonii (Lemon Tea Tree) Oil, Denatonium Benzoate, Tocopherol.

on 12/23/2009 10:57:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I use this for my pimples and it works pretty well. My pimples and redness on pimples will reduce after around 2 days.

If i'm not mistaken, my skin type is sensitive with rosacea.. so i tried it on my red cheeks as well.. it does not help :(

Anyway is a great product for pimples and the ingredient doesn't contain any that will irritate skin.. will repurchase if i run out :)

I lOVE this stuff!!! so great for clearing up my blemishes and is really moisturising to my t-zone! Such an excellent product for the price and is a MAJOR staple in my skincare routine.

on 11/24/2009 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Its a bit pricey, but I usually buy it during the Body Shop warehouse sale or when sometimes there are some offers going at 2 for 1 price. Its one of the few essential oils worth stocking up on. I usually dab it over a pimple that has just burst. It helps to reduce the inflammation and has antibacterial properties that stops the infection from spreading to the the skin around the pimple. It reduces to just a small blemish after one day and with continued use, the blemish entirely disappears after 3 to 4 days (if you don't scratch at it :))

EDIT: The same effect can be obtained from any tea tree oil actually. I would recommend larger bottles of pure tea tree oil sold at organic stores. More product for your dollar's worth.

on 11/20/2009 4:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I've been suffering from cystic acne for the last 3 years, I get 1-2 medium sized cysts at one time. I'm on antibiotics and some medical creams but nothing really worked so far. So now I have one cyst that sits on my cheek and some small insignificant zits. I started using Tea Tree Oil a few days ago.

First of all it immediately dries out small zits. There was a potential cyst on my chin and it has stopped growing, now its slowly disappearing. I never really thought it would have any effect on the cyst on my cheek because it takes months until a cyst fully disappears. But to my GREAT surprise that one is getting smaller too! I can't believe how effective this product is. It is only 15% Tea Tree oil and it comes with some other ingredients such as alcohol and I have no complaints about that, because it works for me. The smell is bad but it goes away in a few minutes and I don't really care, it's saving me from something much worse.

on 10/4/2009 11:23:00 AM

I bought this as part of a starter kit. Overall, I like the smell of the tea tree line which has a hint of lime. Smells fresh. In terms of effectiveness, this did the trick for me, and helped heal my zits. It stops the pimple from getting worse, and dries it out in a few days. I've used clindamycin lotion before so I know what works and what doesn't. A bit on the pricey side though, but since it solved the problem, I would consider buying it again.

on 9/23/2009 11:33:00 PM

Not only has this cleared my skin as an on the spot treatment, it has saved my Industrial piercing. : )

on 8/16/2009 3:21:00 PM

Pretty expensive for sucha small bottle. then again, only need minimal amount each time. still ok. healed my tiny zits in a day. except that the smell is really overwhelming! sometimes the smell stings my eye. But I will buy again for sure! I find that this baby eliminates the blackheads on my nose too!

on 8/5/2009 12:03:00 AM

a huge disappointment! i didn't see any result... my acne didn't get any better. however, it does feel very nice after applying, very "minty" and a cool, refresh feeling

on 7/9/2009 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Save your money and go to a health food store to buy the real thing, not a mere useless copy of it. I cannot believe the body shop makes people pay the full price of a real bottle of tea tree oil when theirs only contain 15% of it. This product sucks! I have a few different tea tree oil which all have 100% concentration and work wonderfully because of it, and also sometimes cost less than the body shop one. When buying tea tree oil, just make sure the ingredient is 100% tea tree oil, otherwise, it won't work. I use it as a disinfectant for small cuts, and to dry out or to prevent blemishes, and you catch it in time, you will never see that pimple appear.

on 6/24/2009 5:29:00 AM

I'm a little on the fence with this product in terms of its efficacy. I do think it has helped heal and 'kill' some of the random zits but on others it has done nothing (I suppose it depends on the type of zit you have, cystic, or comedones etc.)

Apart from that I have to confess I am in looove with the smell of TTO. I might be the only one who absolutely loves the herbal fresh scent since everyone seems to complain about the smell a lot on this site. Sometimes when I'm done dabbing the zit, i dot a drop on my wrist so i get to smell it throughout. ain't that weird? gosh they should make a perfume out of this

Popular Treatments (Face)