Versace Crystal Noir

I'm not sure if it's just me, but I just can't seem to get excited about CRYSTAL NOIR at all... It's like there is just so much missing there to ever remotely make it an interesting or memorable, scent (to me). Pretty much in my opinion CRYSTAL NOIR is a let down, especially when compared to it's packaging since the bottle is so beautiful and gives off a totally seductive, mysterious vibe... and yet the fragrance itself is nothing like that. Too bad since I was so looking forward to it and hoping that it would have that mysterious slightly oriental-woody fragrance... Well, maybe I'm missing something, but to me this is just nothing special... Perhaps I should give it another try, as that bottle is so ravishingly exciting; I just wish I could feel he same way about the juice it holds within...(Edit: 03/24/06... So as promised I went sampled this again... I gave it a little break since the last time I tried it in hopes that my there would be a change of mind... Well there was... I'm taking another point off of its rating... There I was trying to get into it, when my fiancÚ came behind me, took one sniff of it and said exactly what I was thinking! "Hmmm they forgot to put the interesting notes in!" But, the bottle is still so lovely I just can't get over how deceiving it looks though :) (EDIT: May-22-2006) Got this as a gift HEHEHE well since I've got it now I've actually learned to like it a little bit better... Not as bad as I initially thought ;)(EDIT: June-08-2006) What can I say? When I'm wrong about something I have to admit and apologize!!!! And in this case my apology goes out to CRYSTAL NOIR!!!! Wow! So I've worn this for an evening out, and this fragrance transformed into a magic potion! I was indeed ravished by it's beauty and it's staying power... Ok so I've fallen for it, big time... I really should learn from this to only test fragrances directly on my skin and forgo all the test strip testing... I've noticed especially with amber-florals that I get the truest result as to how they work and smell ONLY by spraying directly on my skin... So once again... I stand corrected on my initial impression of Crystal Noir!!! After all, it was created by double-Fifi award winner Antoine Lie!!! So I have to give it 5 lippies and say that I would most certainly repurchase this one! I am so glad I got this as a gift!!!!

on 12/19/2005 12:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have the morning-after-why-the-hell-did-I-buy-this regrets right now. Having tested it two or three times, I was sure I was getting a musky burnt sugar scent; not my usual thing, but an interesting treat for Christmas. As soon as I owned it, all I can smell is bright berry. It reminds me terribly of a cheap perfume I wore in high school, some sort of berry/vanilla/musk monstrosity.

on 12/7/2005 2:40:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

to me, this smells similar to Dior's Pure Poison, which unfortunately smells exactly like the shampoo at my favorite salon back home. pretty, flowery, fresh, but... soapy. like very expensive soap, but still, soapy. =(

on 12/1/2005 4:25:00 PM

100 % feminine , sexy , deep . Recieve so many compliments when i wear it , plus my husband just adore this one on me ! Gardenia + amber is truly heavenly mixture ! I love it & will surely buy Crystal again .

on 10/31/2005 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

LOVE Love love this fragrance!!! But it's a bit too expensive for my budget.

on 10/28/2005 12:35:00 AM

How come all Versace's smell like tuberose to me?
It's a pretty scent, a bit heavy like all the Versaces, but not unique at all. Save your money.

on 10/27/2005 11:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I dont know how everyone is smelling fruits, greens and flowers in this. It smells like Raid ant and roach killer. I put this on and smelt like the Orkin man. This smells so bad. I wonder if it would kill bugs???

Mmmm.....I like this.A lot.I got a spray sample of it.It smells delicious!I love the heaviness of it;it's very 80s to me(thank God the 90s days of unisex/weak/plain watery "blah" fragrances or gone....I love scents to pack a punch).I love the hard dose of amber,and the lingering slightly musky suntan lotion-ness of it.It also has a hint of....tobacco?Reminds me of my father's pipes.Better than Hypnotic Poison by Dior,defiantely!I'll have to buy a bottle now(which,by the way is BEAUTIFUL....dark plum colored crystal with gold lettering.)

on 9/30/2005 5:27:00 PM

I really liked the initial spray of this and the next 30 minutes that followed. At first it was a sexy and dark coconut, gardenia and rich musk fragrance. However, this strange and overpowering wintergreen smell crept up slowly behind these notes and killed them all!!! I am giving it a 4 though because of the great start and it's probably just my chemistry. UPDATE: This scent has really grown on me. The wintergreen fades and it becomes lovely. Other people love the way it smells on me too.

on 9/21/2005 2:54:00 PM

Absolutely beautiful scent. Not nearly as strong and 'noir-ish' as I would have liked, but lovely nonetheless. I usually like much stronger fragrances, such as Pure Poison and Rapture, but Sephora did a great job at suggesting this one for me. I purchased a plain tester bottle off of eBay (so I did not get the pretty bottle but it was absolutely beautiful when I saw it). At first I couldn't smell anything, just kind of a grapefruit. But once it dried down it turned much richer- the grapefruit went away and the gardenia and muskyness came out. I agree with the 'pipe tobacco' note; but it's a soft, dainty, wonderful one. It brought back memories of when I was a little girl with my dad. I love this. I have a feeling I will use the whole bottle before the new year...

Popular Fragrances