The Body Shop Chamomile Eye Makeup Remover

3.1

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Cyclomethicone, Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Coco-Glucoside, Carbomer, Algae Extract, Benzyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Polyacrylate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Extract, Sodium Hydroxide, Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben.

on 1/7/2008 12:07:00 PM

I thought this would be 'gentle' but it was not at all. It stung my eyes like heck. I guess it removed my eye makeup but I was in such pain I didn't really notice or care. I can say that this formula is so watery, I definitely cannot see this removing mascara-- that's how it got in my eyes. A very poor product.

on 1/5/2008 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this product for years. I love it. Works well for me and takes off all traces of my eye make-up. Body Shop runs a special every so often where you can buy one get one. I try to stock up when I see that. Overall it's a great staple. Plus, of course...No animal testing which is what we all love about the Body Shop!

on 12/12/2007 12:55:00 AM

Ouch!!! Is all I have to say about this product it makes my eyes STING like crazy! That fact alone I would never buy again.

on 12/9/2007 1:21:00 PM

I have to scrub at my eyes to get my makeup off, STINGS very badly. Leaves my eyelids a little raw feeling. I'll finish the bottle off but I doubt I'll buy this again.

on 12/4/2007 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I got this as a gwp, and used it up. It gets the job done, but it's NOT gentle. It burns my eyes. Also, I really have to scrub to get all my mascara off. I won't be purchasing this.

on 11/29/2007 5:43:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

not nice stings my eyes and skin :( yuk even though advertised as gentle encouraged my excema, so any one with sensative skin stay clear !!

on 11/16/2007 12:22:00 AM

I'm surprised this has gotten such bad reviews!! But everyone is different! I love this eye-makeup remover. I wear a lot of eye makeup and this takes it right off. It can can sting bad if you get it in your eyes, but I use a cotton pad and rub it back and forth over my eye. My eyes are VERY very sensitive and it has never irritated them or left them raw. I've been using this for a while now, and for the price/size/sales you can't beat it. It also helps to hold the pad with remover against your eye for a few seconds before you start to rub it off.

on 10/31/2007 4:39:00 AM

stings my eyes... :(

on 10/22/2007 6:21:00 PM

Great product, I use the gel version and it feels gentle on my eyes. I'm assuming maybe those who say it stings their skin could be allergic because I don't find it stings at all. It also does a great job at getting all my eye makeup off which is what is important in a makeup remover!

on 10/12/2007 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This product advertises itself as a gentle and natural makeup remover but it is anything but. First, it smells like rubbing alcohol. No wonder it stings my eyes like crazy whenever I use it. You need to totally saturate your pad to get makeup off, and still it doesn't do the trick. Case in point - I used it to take my makeup of,f then I cleansed using a cream cleanser, then applied toner and there was still eye makeup on the pad with toner! I do not know what this product does besides dry out your skin and sting. As for containing camomile and rosewater - whatever - a peek at the ingredient list confirms it's alcohol, alcohol and more alcohol. This stuff is absolute rubbish. I tried to give it zero lippies but MUA wouldn't let me. Stay far far away.