April 19, 2014 | 1617 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - The Body Shop - Chamomile Eye Makeup Remover

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2007 6:21:00 PM More reviews by lisajbingham

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great product, I use the gel version and it feels gentle on my eyes. I'm assuming maybe those who say it stings their skin could be allergic because I don't find it stings at all. It also does a great job at getting all my eye makeup off which is what is important in a makeup remover!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2007 1:00:00 PM More reviews by northender

This product advertises itself as a gentle and natural makeup remover but it is anything but. First, it smells like rubbing alcohol. No wonder it stings my eyes like crazy whenever I use it. You need to totally saturate your pad to get makeup off, and still it doesn't do the trick. Case in point - I used it to take my makeup of,f then I cleansed using a cream cleanser, then applied toner and there was still eye makeup on the pad with toner! I do not know what this product does besides dry out your skin and sting. As for containing camomile and rosewater - whatever - a peek at the ingredient list confirms it's alcohol, alcohol and more alcohol. This stuff is absolute rubbish. I tried to give it zero lippies but MUA wouldn't let me. Stay far far away.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2007 2:47:00 AM More reviews by DDmonkey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I ttook a week of use before the eye irritation started now BAD EYE IRRITATION and starting to irritate my face. ON top of that, THE SALES PEOPLE WERE RUDE when I returned this!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/22/2007 9:41:00 PM More reviews by PerfectManicure

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This really stings. It does a mediocre job of removing eye make-up -- which is bad enough -- but it also leaves my eyes stinging. As soon as I wash it all off with water it's fine, but still, those few moments of near blindness and discomfort make this product deserving of a recall from the shelves. I would never recommend this to anyone nor will I be repurchasing it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2007 12:21:00 AM More reviews by socaldreamer

I got this in the GWP fall makeup bag. I was pretty much thinking it was going to be dud. But to my surprise I was wrong! I absolutely LOVE it.

I have very sensitive eyes and yes it did sting a little the first couple times I used it but don't most makeup removers? I use liquid liner, eyeshadow and waterproof mascara and with one or two swipes everything except a bit of mascara is gone.

I had to go back and get it now while its on sale! Only $8.00 compared to the regualr $14.50. You can't beat that! This is now a staple on my bathroom counter!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/9/2007 9:44:00 PM More reviews by Lola_Bear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

OUCH. This stings your eyes. I got a sample of this included in GWP which is the only reason I tried it. Terrible product. Absolutely terrible. Irritated my eyes, clouded up my contacts....and even worse, did NOT remove my eye makeup.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2007 1:29:00 PM More reviews by LittleGnome

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I had to edit my review on this. I like how this is less oily than some others, and I liked it at first, but it's not that effective. It's okay for removing just mascara, and I liked that it wasn't filmy, but when I put on a full eye's worth of makeup and Urban Decay Primer Potion, it didn't remove makeup very well, and it was hard to get the mascara off. It did sting a little after a while, too. I don't know why it didn't sting at first. I'll stick with my Clinique Take The Day Off.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/8/2007 6:21:00 PM More reviews by erinrach80

It's 'okay' for taking off eye makeup. I wouldn't buy this product again, though. It's very gentle, but stings like heck if it gets in your eye. I don't feel like it fully does the job it's supposed to do.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2007 1:47:00 PM More reviews by athenegoddess

i got this in a sample bottle from the body shop. the bottle is very adorable and the remover itself is very lightweight and cooling. It took off most of my makeup effectively and without drying out my skin. however, as i use waterproof makeup, i still have to use my maybelline eye makeupremover to take off the mascara ; therefore i will not repurchase when i run out off the chamomile. i do recommend for people with sensitive skin like mine though !

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2007 6:19:00 AM More reviews by tealeafdoll

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This product just really didn't remove my eye m/u at all! It is super gentle,but for me totally uneffective. I had to literally scrub at my eyes to remove anything! I would recommend an oil for eye m/u removal, my preference is safflower. The only thing that I like about the product is it has a resonable scent.