October 23, 2014 | 1952 users online

Toners - Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2012 4:56:00 AM More reviews by Chicagobabe89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Like coconut oil, apple cider vinegar has a lot of uses. It works great to clarify my hair. I wash my hair, and then I rinsed it with this. It made my hair feel really clean. I also have used it for bloating. I mixed one tablespoon with a cup of purified water and drank it fast. It really helped to relieve some of the pressure of discomfort I was feeling.

This product is great, and it lasts for a long time, so it's definitely worth the price. If you do consume it, please dilute it properly!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2012 9:22:00 PM More reviews by MissBronx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have breakouts in my cheeks, forehead and jaw lines recently and I am getting married in three months. I have been tried so many products; proactive, environ, MD formulations, Dermatological, etc and went to facials, done extractions and lights as well, but none of them worked on my skin. I even tried the baking soda mask.
Then I came across to this article that ACV is really good on prone acne skin and many people had amazing results from it. So yesterday I decided to buy this Bragg’s ACS; 50/50 with water tried to apply on my skin as toner. With cleaned face, I applied ACV and continue with moisturizer. This morning I woke up I found out the pimples are getting smaller and dried up. This is only the first day or am I imagining since I want to believe it will work wonder on my skin.
I really hope this ACV is works on my skin since this is my last resort. I will still do the LED lights this weekend since I already bought the package. Hopefully with these combinations will clear my skin before my wedding day.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2012 3:49:00 PM More reviews by Carrief311

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been using this on my face for 5 days and so far it's been pretty awesome. I have acne and am very interested in finding more natural products... I have done the Proactive thing, Neutrogena, benzoil peroxide, salycilic acid, expensive dermatologist topicals and pills, etc... Many of these items work for a while but then stop; seems like your skin can build resistance to whatever you're using after 6 months or so.

Regardless, this ACV is cheap and natural and I can say with 100% certainty that my skin has improved over the 5 days I've been using it. I have slightly oily skin and thus have been okay using it 2x/day (no diluting) with a cotton ball after cleansing. I put on moisturizer after. My skin definitely has been doing some purging (ie. it's bringing all the clogged stuff to the surface) and my acne is lessening. Over the 5 days the purging has lessened, I believe because there is much less to purge! The blackheads on my nose are actually gone now! What remains are empty pores that look much smaller than they did before. I am actually pretty amazed with how great this stuff has been on my blackheads! I have noticed that on blemishes that the ACV is drying the spots up VERY quickly and the outer layer of skin is flaking/peeling off almost daily... what's left underneath is skin that actually doesn't look irritated or red like you'd think it would. It looks healthier! I am pretty darn thrilled... And apologies if my description above is a bit graphic or gross. I have had acne for over 10 years and I am just OVER it!!! ;-)

If you have dry skin, I'd recommend either diluting the ACV OR just use it directly on your bad spots (blackheads, clogged pores, etc.) and not all over.

The fumes do burn my eyes a little however it's a small price to pay. I usually put it on then just walk across the room as it dries/evaporates. Walking pulls the fumes away from my eyes so they don't burn.

I will continue to use then report back in a bit!

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2012 3:52:00 AM More reviews by shiherostar

Wow!
I have read about this for sometime, but I never really had bad skin until this past year. I am 29 and I have always had pretty good skin, but as of recent, my skin just started breaking out like crazy.
I didn't know how to deal with it, so I spent hours online and finally decided to try out some ACV. I am so glad I did.
I first started using it as a toner. At first 50/50 of AVC and water and now I actually use full strength because it doesn't harm my skin. I then started drinking a little bit a day in some water and it was rough, but I will do whatever I need to - to have clear skin. It works!!! In about a week, my skin is almost back to normal. The smell doesn't bother me that much because it goes away and if I can have clear skin, then I don;t care if it smells like poop. Seriously, it is worth it.
AVC is also good for other things as well. I know take straight shots of it. You get used to it.
And for less than $5 where I live! It can't be beat. I really hope that it keeps working for me and I hope people will start realizing that more natural products can do the trick. Cheaper products can do the trick. I spent years spending so much money on crap that doesn't work. I am sure we all have.
I am so happy I found AVC. I am looking for other more natural approaches for skincare from now on. I started using Coconut oil as an eye cream too and so far so good.
No more wasting my money on crap!!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/15/2012 12:49:00 PM More reviews by KarenRoberts

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I give it a 2 star because it seems to be good for some people here. Unfortunately for me sensitive skin, it made my skin raw , oozing, uncomfortable, and red in sunburn way. Do skin patch test first before using it on fair sensitive skin. I wished I had done that instead of just using it from the bottle. The vinegar smell is so bad and it lingers on and on. No amount of washing or perfume can cover it up. I think lemon can do a better job without stripping the skin too bad like bragg's vinegar. Lemon also leaves my skin much softer and smoother compared to vinegar. It may worked for some but not for me. I saw membranous stuff floating in the vinegar which kind of scared me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2012 9:41:00 PM More reviews by cerulfox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

Bragg's ACV has helped my body out in so many ways, 5 stars isn't enough IMO. It deserves 11.

Hair: I have a dry, sensitive scalp that HATES most shampoos/conditioners. Doing a 3parts ACV/1 part water rinse on my scalp once a week after shampooing but before conditioning has completely stopped the itchiness and flakes.

Face: After washing I tone using a mix of 1part witch hazel / 2 parts hydrosol (neroli or rose) and 2 parts ACV. Dries up pimples and tightens pores without drying out my skin. Once a week I do a clay mask and add a little bit of ACV and honey.

However, I got the most benefit from drinking ACV. I mix 2 tbsp ACV to a glass of water, with a squirt of lemon juice and a little bit of honey. I drink one glass in the morning, one in the evening. Yes, it's smelly, and doesn't taste the best (it's kinda balsamic vinegar-y) but you get used to it quickly. Just down it with your nose pinched until you get used to the taste, but rinse your mouth out afterward so the acid in ACV doesn't corrode your teeth enamel. Take with food or else it may upset your stomach. The first two weeks of doing this your body will *seriously* purge itself--you'll break out, and be prepared to use the bathroom a lot. At the risk of TMI, your ____ will be more liquid, but it's not a symptom of a more common stomach issue so don't panic, you're just detoxing. After that period though, you'll be cleaner and more balanced within. Once I hit that point I no longer needed blotting sheets as my face stopped being overly oily, my pores are slightly smaller but definitely cleaner, and my overall tone is brighter and clearer. If I break out from TTOTM it's only one or two pimples now, and the ACV is also helping curb my hunger so I'm eating less too. It truly is a miracle product--don't let the smell and taste deter you!

21 out of 23 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2012 11:00:00 AM More reviews by Sarah135

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Nothing, and I mean NOTHING has worked better on my skin than this. I've had acne since I was 7 (not exaggerating), which got way worse (cystic) as I got into my 20s. I tried every pill, creme, lotion and potion, probably thousands of dollars worth. Most didn't work at all, and some would work for a month or so.

THIS however, wow. Within a few days of using it on my face (I found I have to use it 'straight', no diluting it with water), all my current acne cleared and for the first time in forever, stopped waking up with a new pimple every morning. It's been 3.5 months now and in that three months, I have only had 3 tiny, tiny pimples that disappeared within a day. TINY! Barely anything to mention and certainly nothing that was noticeable.

I use it before putting on any makeup - I DO NOT wash it off, I cleanse my face then douse it in ACV and then put on moisturizer right away. I then put my makeup on top. At night I do the same routine (without the makeup, obviously). Like I said, I found it worked a lot better for me not diluting it with water, but just putting it directly on my face. Keep it away from any open sores or dry skin though - it won't help.

I just want to sing to the world about how good this is. Over 22 years of acne and FINALLY. I just wish I had have discovered it years ago and avoided some of the scarring.

13 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2012 10:29:00 PM More reviews by kushiez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This has been a god send for me. I had a patch of dermatitis on the side of my nose that was itchy and peel and red and just plain out disgusting. I tried everything you can think of to cure it: various creams, gels, ointments, you name it. After trying to soothe it away with nice gentle creams, I got so frustrated I thought I would try to "burn" it away with something a little more harsh. Enter ACV. I read reviews on here of people really liking this as a toner, so I put a little on a cotton ball and rubbed it on clean skin and tada! Next morning, my patch of dermatitis was at least 60% better. As I kept using it, slowly but surely, it is almost gone. I definitely notice a difference when I stop using this nightly before bed, so I will continue to use this until I find something more permanent. LOVE this stuff.

P.S. You can drink a little bit of it too, apparently it has great health benefits.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2012 8:16:00 PM More reviews by treehugger1028

I never use this as a facial toner because my skin is so sensitive, but I have curly hair and wash with conditioner, so I use this to clarify my hair every 5-7 days. It gives me a fresh start without overdrying, and it is so cheap! I love this natural remedy for getting rid of build-up. I dilute it a lot, so a little goes a long way. It's definitely worth a try as a weekly hair cleanser! It gets rid of product residue very well and makes my hair soft, shiny, and clean. The only problem is it really burns if it gets in my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2012 9:55:00 AM More reviews by blainereyes

I absolutely love this product and drink it daily in a mixture of water and lemon juice. Never knew I could use it as a toner!

HIGHLY RECOMMEND