September 21, 2014 | 1227 users online

Toners - Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 5/15/2012 12:49:00 PM More reviews by KarenRoberts

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I give it a 2 star because it seems to be good for some people here. Unfortunately for me sensitive skin, it made my skin raw , oozing, uncomfortable, and red in sunburn way. Do skin patch test first before using it on fair sensitive skin. I wished I had done that instead of just using it from the bottle. The vinegar smell is so bad and it lingers on and on. No amount of washing or perfume can cover it up. I think lemon can do a better job without stripping the skin too bad like bragg's vinegar. Lemon also leaves my skin much softer and smoother compared to vinegar. It may worked for some but not for me. I saw membranous stuff floating in the vinegar which kind of scared me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2012 9:41:00 PM More reviews by cerulfox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

Bragg's ACV has helped my body out in so many ways, 5 stars isn't enough IMO. It deserves 11.

Hair: I have a dry, sensitive scalp that HATES most shampoos/conditioners. Doing a 3parts ACV/1 part water rinse on my scalp once a week after shampooing but before conditioning has completely stopped the itchiness and flakes.

Face: After washing I tone using a mix of 1part witch hazel / 2 parts hydrosol (neroli or rose) and 2 parts ACV. Dries up pimples and tightens pores without drying out my skin. Once a week I do a clay mask and add a little bit of ACV and honey.

However, I got the most benefit from drinking ACV. I mix 2 tbsp ACV to a glass of water, with a squirt of lemon juice and a little bit of honey. I drink one glass in the morning, one in the evening. Yes, it's smelly, and doesn't taste the best (it's kinda balsamic vinegar-y) but you get used to it quickly. Just down it with your nose pinched until you get used to the taste, but rinse your mouth out afterward so the acid in ACV doesn't corrode your teeth enamel. Take with food or else it may upset your stomach. The first two weeks of doing this your body will *seriously* purge itself--you'll break out, and be prepared to use the bathroom a lot. At the risk of TMI, your ____ will be more liquid, but it's not a symptom of a more common stomach issue so don't panic, you're just detoxing. After that period though, you'll be cleaner and more balanced within. Once I hit that point I no longer needed blotting sheets as my face stopped being overly oily, my pores are slightly smaller but definitely cleaner, and my overall tone is brighter and clearer. If I break out from TTOTM it's only one or two pimples now, and the ACV is also helping curb my hunger so I'm eating less too. It truly is a miracle product--don't let the smell and taste deter you!

21 out of 23 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2012 11:00:00 AM More reviews by Sarah135

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Nothing, and I mean NOTHING has worked better on my skin than this. I've had acne since I was 7 (not exaggerating), which got way worse (cystic) as I got into my 20s. I tried every pill, creme, lotion and potion, probably thousands of dollars worth. Most didn't work at all, and some would work for a month or so.

THIS however, wow. Within a few days of using it on my face (I found I have to use it 'straight', no diluting it with water), all my current acne cleared and for the first time in forever, stopped waking up with a new pimple every morning. It's been 3.5 months now and in that three months, I have only had 3 tiny, tiny pimples that disappeared within a day. TINY! Barely anything to mention and certainly nothing that was noticeable.

I use it before putting on any makeup - I DO NOT wash it off, I cleanse my face then douse it in ACV and then put on moisturizer right away. I then put my makeup on top. At night I do the same routine (without the makeup, obviously). Like I said, I found it worked a lot better for me not diluting it with water, but just putting it directly on my face. Keep it away from any open sores or dry skin though - it won't help.

I just want to sing to the world about how good this is. Over 22 years of acne and FINALLY. I just wish I had have discovered it years ago and avoided some of the scarring.

13 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2012 10:29:00 PM More reviews by kushiez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This has been a god send for me. I had a patch of dermatitis on the side of my nose that was itchy and peel and red and just plain out disgusting. I tried everything you can think of to cure it: various creams, gels, ointments, you name it. After trying to soothe it away with nice gentle creams, I got so frustrated I thought I would try to "burn" it away with something a little more harsh. Enter ACV. I read reviews on here of people really liking this as a toner, so I put a little on a cotton ball and rubbed it on clean skin and tada! Next morning, my patch of dermatitis was at least 60% better. As I kept using it, slowly but surely, it is almost gone. I definitely notice a difference when I stop using this nightly before bed, so I will continue to use this until I find something more permanent. LOVE this stuff.

P.S. You can drink a little bit of it too, apparently it has great health benefits.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2012 8:16:00 PM More reviews by treehugger1028

I never use this as a facial toner because my skin is so sensitive, but I have curly hair and wash with conditioner, so I use this to clarify my hair every 5-7 days. It gives me a fresh start without overdrying, and it is so cheap! I love this natural remedy for getting rid of build-up. I dilute it a lot, so a little goes a long way. It's definitely worth a try as a weekly hair cleanser! It gets rid of product residue very well and makes my hair soft, shiny, and clean. The only problem is it really burns if it gets in my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2012 9:55:00 AM More reviews by blainereyes

I absolutely love this product and drink it daily in a mixture of water and lemon juice. Never knew I could use it as a toner!

HIGHLY RECOMMEND

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2012 7:33:00 AM More reviews by blondi530

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product has been a miracle cure for my skin. I have tried everything for my adult acne. Proactiv, Clearskin, Avene, Aveeno, Prescription meds and nothing worked most of them made it worse. I do not review items as I would tend not to be impressed with most things. But Braggs apple cider vinegar has changed my life, after 3 weeks my cystic acne has cleared. I cant stop looking at my skin. This has been a long road for me, I have had this acne for the last 4 years and have been to many dermatologists and also herbal healers. I have taken many supplements and vitamins to try and help my skin and while some herbal remedies made it slightly better i always continued to break out. Through much research i began a new all natural routine. If i have makeup on I use a Faith in nature seaweed soap to remove it, then do a small cleanse with light coloured organic honey, when i have more time i leave the honey on for as long as i can as a mask, your skin will feel so good afterwards. Then as a toner i use a mixture made from 50% Braggs Apple cider vinegar and 50% water. finally to moisturise I use 100% natural organic Jojoba oil. This Regime has worked wonders for my skin i have had no new breakouts and my scars are healing daily, i am delighted with the results and can't believe that dermatologists do not encourage more people to try natural products. I would encourage everyone with Acne problems to try this. If anybody needs any further details just contact me. Good luck!!!

4 months Later this is still working better than anything I have ever tried before!!!

22 out of 23 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/19/2012 4:38:00 PM More reviews by Sweetmomma

I got this because, like everyone else, I wanted to reap all the amazing benefits people talk about. I was a little scared to put this on my face and never tried that, so I can't say whether or not that would have worked for me. However, I did try to consume it because I heard this was very beneficial as well. Maybe I am a weakling or too sensitive, but this stuff repulsed me. The smell, taste, everything was too strong and foul. I tried mixing it with green tea and honey to make it more bearable, and I was still literally gagging. It over powered the tea and honey by a mile and all I could taste was the apple cider vinegar. So...that's my opinion. I can't speak of any personal benefits from it, because of the horrid taste and smell prevented me from continuing to use.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2012 4:23:00 AM More reviews by klgbeatnik

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I read about drinking ACV online for acne control. I don't have horrible acne....but it's been a roller coaster for me since high school, going between great looking clear skin and skin so broken out I don't let anyone see me without makeup covering it up. Anyways I truly believe this is the ONE factor in my skin care regiment that keeps me clear. What I do is take a small shot (a little over half of a normal sized shot glass) daily. And I NEED a chaser because the stuff really tastes awful. A lot of people suggest diluting it in a cup of water or juice. I don't do this because if the ACV touches your teeth every day it can erode enamel...its very acidic and I'm super anal about my teeth. So I just slam a shot of the stuff so it goes straight down without chillin in my mouth and effing with my teeth. Anyways, I notice if I skip more than a day of my daily shots, my skin breaks out like a mother, every time. Which is how I know this is the stuff that's keeping me clear.

Pros: KEEPS MY SKIN CLEAR

a big ass jug of the stuff is pretty cheap...I think it was like 12 bucks? And it lasts FOREVER. I get it from vitamin shoppe

CONS: horrible taste

You're probably gonna have to stick with the daily shots for a while before you start noticing a difference in your skin (at least that's how I was)

Oh and also I use this as a toner for any breakouts which are usually a result of skipping my daily shots...Helps dry up pimples quickly and heals sores left over from popping (I'm addicted to popping, bad I know)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2012 1:56:00 PM More reviews by biometal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a review for my skin.

My skin has never been so clear. I can't express my gratitude as I have spent years trying to improve my skin with everything on the market.

I consume the ACV both internally and externally. Once a day I drink about 2tbsp. in some water, and once or twice a week I use the same diluted amount as a face toner.

I won't lie, it is absolute torture to drink the vinegar and I am near-vomiting every time. But I will do what it takes to NATURALLY achieve beautiful skin.

PS. Hormonal breakouts still happen as they cannot be avoided with this, but the rest of the month I am very clear :)

Also, be sure to obtain a natural brand of the ACV, not "Heinz" or anything filtered &processed. The benefits are within the bacterial fermentation and are best when the ingredients are undisturbed.