April 16, 2014 | 1513 users online

Toners - Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2012 7:41:00 PM More reviews by clg6

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am 41 and my skin started going crazy this past September due to hormonal changes. I have tried every concoction out there trying to get things normal. I was blessed as a teenager and all through my adult years with clear skin. Earlier this week I started drinking about 3-4 tsps of Bragg's ACV for other health benefits, but a friend told me to try it as a toner, diluting it 50/50. I've never really used toner's, although I tried witch hazel a month or so ago which was very drying and irritating to my now sensitive skin. I know it has only been 4 days of using it as a toner but I can honestly say my skin is getting better each day! I use it 2x a day. It helps with the inflammation and I can already tell it is evening out my skin tone. Amazingly my pores are seeming to get smaller everyday too! I would say I have moderate acne since the hormone changes, but when you have had clear skin your whole life it is a bit depressing. So I am going to stick with this, it is obviously doing something!! And happy that it is all natural. Remember, everyone has different skin and everyone responds to products differently. It's worth a shot for the price, just remember to dilute with water. My friend told me when she first tried it she didn't dilute it enough, but her dermatologist (who recommended it) told her to rinse off if it felt like the strength was too much and start out using a lower ratio and work up to it.

Crossing my fingers that I'll be make-up free again soon!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/13/2012 3:21:00 AM More reviews by malonb

I've been using this for a few weeks as a toner. Pretty diluted, maybe a teaspoon to 8oz of water. It makes my skin feel nice and soft and i've noticed it does help w/ the redness/inflammation. I have a lot of breakouts and i can't say i've noticed it did that much for that, but perhaps it's cause i'm using it so diluted. I've continued to get breakouts after starting to use this product. Anyway i'm going to try a 50/50 mix and see how that goes. I also haven't tried swabbing some on specific spots so, will give it a go as well(and hopefully they'll go away). May update later, i'll give it a couple of weeks.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2012 1:05:00 AM More reviews by gemsofthesea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Recently I got a blemish-like-thing on my cheek, like around November (it is now January). Not your typical pimple whatever it is (perhaps it is a cystic pimple? idk). I have tried EVERYTHING to get rid of it from aspirin masks to tea tree oil to benzoyl peroxide and nothing helped it.

Finally, I remembered ACV had helped me in the past and I bought a bottle of Bragg's. Well oh my goodness. I have been diligently fighting this thing on my cheek for almost two months and after only 3 days of using ACV (several times a day applied directly to the blemish with a q-tip) it has almost disappeared!

True, it stinks. And it stings. But it has worked wonders in 3 days! And my complexion tends to be reddish and using ACV all over my entire face has evened out my complexion (I moisten a cotton ball with ACV and a drop of tea tree oil). I don't know why I stopped using ACV for a few months, but I'm back on the ACV wagon again! That's for sure.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2012 1:27:00 PM More reviews by Frenchmix

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I am really loving this as a toner. I have been using this for about 8 weeks and my skin is super clear, not one pimple. I use pure coconut milk/soft water to cleanse my face, then use half ACV/half soft water on a cotton ball to tone. Makes my skin feel super soft/smooth after. I don't mind the smell, it goes away pretty fast. I use Whole Foods Organic ACV.

This stuff is amazing..I bought this originally for my little dog, I had read its good for a natural flea rinse in the bath.. then read about it getting rid of acne on-line. It really does. It also fades acne marks fast. I have zero breakout these days using this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2012 9:30:00 AM More reviews by mimi75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I must be on my 25th bottle of this stuff~It is AH~MAAAAZING!! I use it mainly as a hair rinse. 1 or 2 tsp. of this added to a 12oz bottle of water is more than enough for 1 rinse. I put mine in one of those squeeze bottles with a long applicator top. I wash my hair with a clear bar soap(clearwater soapworks,they are based in Canada) My hair usually feels a little but weird and tacky after I wash so I apply my ACV rinse and after a good rinse with water my hair is soooooooo soft and all the residue is gone. I need no conditioner after,just a bit of EV coconut oil. This also totally saves on excess conditioner bottles. BTW My hair is very thick,and dry,but feels like shiny silk when I use my ACV. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2012 12:44:00 AM More reviews by DanigirlDanika

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is crazy amazing. It is a VERY strong toner (if you're using it for that) and is tough on zits. You can burn your skin with it, so be careful.
You may want to dampen the cotton pad first with witch hazel or water.

It stinks, but it's a small price to pay. If you want a new pimple to disappear quickly and you have time and patience, try applying it every hour or so with a q-tip and see how fast that sucker shrinks!

As a toner, it reduces the number and severity of breakouts.
It also lightens old scars and red marks. If you want to kick it up a notch..
Use the AC as a toner, then apply a glycolic acid lotion (I like Alpha Hydrox)
Then when that's dry, goop on a healthy layer of aloe Vera gel (I use Fruit of the Earth). It's a complicated regime, but after trying many products and methods, this works best. I won't even get into my under eye routine.. That's a different review for a different day. But my regime gives amazing results.. And the AC vinegar is an integral part.

On a final note; sometime I 'cheap out' and buy other brands of AC vinegar and although they work, they won't work as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2012 9:57:00 PM More reviews by Lizzieloveslipgloss

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have to say this toner has changed my life. I was getting constant hormonal breakouts on my chin and this is the only thing that has helped. It has also evened out my combo skin and dry flakes I get from using acne drying products. I do a 1:1 mix with water and use each night to take off makeup as well. I also use the mixture for a rinse once a week in my hair to clean and keep winter itch and flake away.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2011 11:00:00 PM More reviews by jcdx3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

So far I like this as a toner. It makes my face smooth and i can feel it working and its totally worth the smell, which goes away in like 5 seconds anyways. I will edit with any updates for this product

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2011 2:18:00 AM More reviews by lafytafy

I bought this after reading all of the fantastic reviews, and wanted to add my praises as well - this stuff works if used properly. I'm in my fifth month of using Retin A (for my extremely oily, acne prone skin) and was looking for some kind of exfoliant that would help battle the flakes without irritating my skin and also fade post-acne marks. I was originally using Dan's AHA+ (which is also worth checking out) but I found that after a while, I would wake up to a few cysts or pesky whiteheads, and I wasn't fond of the itchy, heavy lotion feeling it left on my skin. After using Bragg's for about 2 weeks, I can definitely say that it's been helping refine my skin, decreasing the flakes caused by Retin A, and taking care of stubborn clogged pores on my nose and cheeks - plus it's so easy to use! At the suggestion of another user, I swipe it on using a cotton pad diluted 50/50 with water, wait about 20 minutes, wash it off and continue on with my moisturizer (I haven't tried using it underneath Retin A yet). It also works fantastically as a mild exfoliating mask with oatmeal and honey and the results are almost immediate: pores appear reduced and skin feels smoother. DO NOT put apply it full strength - chances are you will burn your skin and your eyes will turn red. I picked mine up from my local health food store for $4.99 CAD

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2011 12:14:00 PM More reviews by Melavia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

i hunted it down in my local health store after reading so many good reviews here on MUA. I have been battling with mild acne and monthly break outs for over ten years. The only thing that ever really worked on my is BP. I have very resistant skin that is in between combo to oily depending on the weather. I have wanted to reduce my skin care routine and switch to more natural products for a while now. After reading all the review here, i decide to give it a go.

I have been using this for almost two months now. Originally, i mixed it with water in a 1:3 ratio but found it to be too diluted. Now I am using it in a 1:1 ratio with much better result. I am very tolerant to the fruity sour smell that I actually quite like it on my face. It does not stink my face normally but will hurt a bit when i have opened pimples.

I use the toner twice a day. I also try to drink at least one tea spoon diluted in water every night. I am more energized and I think my skin tone is more evened. It is not a miracle product for me as I still get minor pimples. However, my skin condition has definitely improved. Next step is to try it as a hair rinse.

The cost is very cheap and a little goes a long way. Even if it is too strong to use on your face, anyone should at least try to take it internally. It is a product that has varsitle uses. I will definitely repurchase.

Update 02/03/12
Still using and loving it. I use the 1:1 ratio without any irritations. Keeps my skin clear and I sort of like the stingy feeling it leaves.