November 28, 2014 | 1897 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Neutrogena - Oil Free eye makeup remover

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2012 2:13:00 PM More reviews by blueyes14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVE THIS SO MUCH. I have been competitively figure skating since i was 9, so we've always had to have good makeup remover in the house. You'd be surprised how much makeup they can cake on a 9 year old's face :P We go the Mary Kay remover through the makeup orders for the team, but that one stings my eyes really bad. I tried both Almay and The Body Shop Chamomile removers, but those stung a bit too. Enter Neutrogena. I bought this last year, my freshman year of high school, and have really never looked back. It takes off my mascara and waterproof eyeliner in a snap, and eye shadow if im wearing it, in one gentle swipe across my eyelid! My mom received a sample of Lancome's bi-facil remover, and i would still see smudges of eyeliner after my shower. with this, i get it all out of my lashes, so quickly and easily, and it DOESNT STING! That's the biggest factor. the only gripe i have about this is that it's $6.49 for a bottle at Target, and i would like to pay a bit less, but i havent tried the target version yet(:

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2012 10:50:00 PM More reviews by xXVampirePrincessXx

This was the first makeup remover I've ever purchased. It costs around $5 at drugstores. It works well at taking off eye makeup. I can't say about waterproof makeup because I don't wear it, but I do know it works well at taking off regular eye makeup. The only problem was is was really oily, and blurred up my vision. When I would wash my eyes, my eyes would still stay a bit blurry, but it would eventually calm down. I just didn't enjoy how oily my eyelids and my under-eyes were, so I will not purchase this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2012 8:32:00 PM More reviews by an0uck

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Good budget product.
Gentle, leaves a slight slick residue when cleansing, which is good as it stops you pulling on the delicate skin around your eyes. This is easily removed with a tiny bit of normal face cleanser.
Unfortunately does not remove my mascara, but this may be because I use a tubing macara, and I don't think drugstore products are really formulated for removing that (given most drugstore mascaras are not tubing).
May need better packaging, but nice, inexpensive product that really does remove eye makeup.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2012 4:42:00 AM More reviews by doe_eyed_kitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Ok this does remove eye MU, wp mascara, eyeliners and ALL the colors of ES you could every apply on your eyelid. BUT.... *drum rolls* it irritated my skin and my eyes (I accidentally opened my left eye a little bit and it burned). Also, it leaves a film of oil on my skin, yucks....

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2012 4:23:00 AM More reviews by suppstef

With this product you really get a bang for your buck! At my local CVS i picked it up while on sale so it came out around $4-$5 so it's very cheap for the amount you get.

I usually only apply this with a cotton ball if i'm wearing heavy eye makeup, or waterproof mascara. You just need to work it into your eye area for maybe 20-30 seconds, not too rough (you don't want to take out any lashes) & it'll take off practically all the makeup you were wearing!

The only downside to this is it's oily/greasy, even if it states it's oil-free. It shouldn't be a problem though since you should wash your face afterwards anyways.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2012 4:14:00 AM More reviews by CBNegron

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

As a remover in general, this product is the best. It is about $6 at Walgreens. When I used this to take off all of my eye makeup (while washing my face at night), I noticed I went through a lot of the product, so I try to only use this for fixing smudges and makeup mistakes. However, if I do have a hard time removing an extra stubborn mascara, this will do the trick! My only issue, is despite this being oil-free, this is VERY greasy feeling. Overall one of the best eye makeup removers I've found, though!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2012 4:14:00 PM More reviews by HLowell

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This works very well. I have a cute trick. I kept an old mascara brush and cleaned it off with Dawn. I stick in the bottle and use that to get it on my eyelashes. That way I don't have to rub as much or risk getting in my eye as I try to apply it to the part of the lash with the mascara with my finger or a Q-tip. You don't need to use as much. Before I had to use a lot and rub a lot. I was almost ready to give up on mascara, because of the hassle of removing even non-waterproof.

I have tried other make up removers and I like this. I don't need oil free, but some of those oily ones get in your eyes and make you see blurry. Mary Kay and L'Oreals version work too. So far I like this best. There probably is CVS or Duane Reade Equivalent that is just as good.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2012 2:35:00 AM More reviews by Evilyn1983

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overall, excellent product at a decent price. This is my go-to drugstore remover. I would like a smaller opening, but other than that, it's fabulous. When I can't splurge on my Mary Kay remover (fave!!) or Clinique, this is my best option. Apply it with a cotton round, not cotton ball and you use half as much product. I wear a lot of eye makeup and it does the trick! No irritability either. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2012 2:14:00 AM More reviews by jwyl

Works well to remove most eye makeup. I put it on a cotton ball/pad, swipe my lids, and work it into the lashes/lash line for about 20-30 seconds, then rinse with water. Sometimes need to repeat, but really not often. It does leave a greasy film. I find that that doesn't last long enough to really be bothersome. The product doesn't irritate my skin or eyes.

The opening of the bottle is too large, but I can deal with it!

Overall a good product and very affordably priced.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2012 10:36:00 PM More reviews by Rabelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I think this can be the best eye makeup remover I've ever used, and I've used a lot, from expensive (Lancome, Clinique) to cheap (Neutrogena, Boots Botanics).

This removes my eye makeup with ease, all I have to do is wet a cotton round, and put it on my eye, and wait about 20 seconds. It removes my waterproof mascara really well too, and it doesn't irritate my eyes ( I wear contacts too). It's less greasy than some other highly rated removers like Boots Botanics, Lumene, or Clinique, and works just as well if not better.

The only thing I don't like is the packaging. I really wish they put a cap on the bottle opening to make the opening smaller, so it'll be easier to control how much remover you want.