Philosophy Help Me

3.9

Water, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Emulsfying Wax, Glycerin, C10-30 Cholesterol / Lanosterol Esters, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Cetyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Benzyl Alcohol, Cyclomethicone, Retinol , Tocopherol Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Methyl Methacrylate/ Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Stearic Acid, Peg-10 Soy Sterol, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Methylparaben, Triethanolamine, Disodium Edta, Bisabolol, Bht, Polysorbate 20, Propyl Gallate, Ascorbic Acid.

on 4/8/2006 7:30:00 PM

I love much of the Philosophy line. This is an excellent product but too expensive. You can pay 30$ less for the same formula by Alpha Hydrox. For me to purchase again, Philosophy would have to half its price.

on 2/5/2006 9:39:00 AM

This truly does work. I have very oily, congested open pored skin with a few expression lines and within 3 days of using this the pores on my nose were reduced by I would say 75%. I just have to be careful to make sure I put a moisturiser under it (at the moment Face Cream by Skinceuticals which is amazing) or else I find strangely that my skin gets flaky and spotty at the same time. You only need to put the tiniest bit on and be scrupulous with sun block the next morning. A word of warning, this is strong stuff and I made the mistake a few months ago of layering a 10% glycolic acid product over it - big mistake. Red, inflamed and breakouts! Now I alternate nights using Help me and then my glycolic acid product (an Alpha-H one which I notice Make up Alley doesn't cover - it's an Australian company, very similar to MD Formulations but way less irritating) but always moisturising first. I'm finding this regime is working really well. My only complaint about Help Me would be the packaging as squeezing the tube to get the end contents out often means that the tube cracks. Once this happens, I always have to get a new tube as I'm worried about contamination. Would be much better in a pump dispenser.

on 10/25/2005 3:14:00 AM

I haven't used this long enough to know how well it works, but it apparently has something in it that breaks me out. So I have to say that it isn't worth the money.

on 9/28/2005 4:38:00 PM

This works for me. My pores stay looking normal on my combo big t-zone pore sized skin. This DEFIANTLY helps with any dark spots. If I pop a zit and am not using this product I get a scar. Yes IM 36 and still get a pimple from time to time about monthly. When I am using this cream I can feel confident that there will be no scar. It really amazes me this cream. I am a product junky and am on a perricone kick right now but ALWAYS keep this HNG on hand and use for a solid week after any popped zit etc. Works like a charm. This works better on spots than ANY pricey skin lightener Ive tried. And Ive tried MANY.

on 9/25/2005 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I was readig the reviews about Help Me by Philosophy and remembered that it was a tube of this that was my first try at a Philosophy product (I use all Philosophy now). I was in Las Vegas with my boyfriend (husband now) and we were staying at the Venetian Hotel. It was their first year, so we were excited to try their spa. We were there two weeks and got massages, and then I got a facial because they offered one to help with pigmentation. I'm fair and had problems with hormones I guess. One of the products they recommended was Help Me. I have to say that it "helped me" a lot, not only with the dark spots, but also with clogged pores and fine lines around my eyes. I used Retin-A before, but this was just as efective, but without the peeling and redness. That was 2000 and I still have some left and occasionally use it on eye lines if they start looking noticable again. It's a nice treatment and seems safe for practically anyone. It helps with the clogged pores too. The tube I have smells fine yet and still works, but I'll probably buy a new one soon because I don't know how long it's safe/effective to use.

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

I too bought this product, upon the recommendation of the Philosophy salesperson, for my large pores on and around my nose. Used it consecutively for 2 weeks - the amount of time it was supposed to take to start working - and saw absolutely no improvement. If anything, my pores looked worse! Plus it didn't smell that great. Anyway, I returned it.

From the reviews below, it seems to work very well for issues other than pores. My advice is NOT to buy it if you're hoping to shrink/clean out your pores. It's too expensive for a gamble unless you are able to return it.

on 7/15/2005 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

NOT impressed at all!! Love all of the Philosophy packaging and flowery sayings and that's the only reason I gave any lippies at all.

on 6/11/2005 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've used several strong retinol products over the years and this remains my favorite. I use it a couple of times a week at night and always wake up to better skin in the morning; my skintone is more even, blotchiness is gone, and blackheads are diminished or gone completely. It's expensive but not anymore so than Green Cream or other high end retinol treatments. The packaging reminds me of a tube or Retin-A and the product lasts for a long time. I've repurchased this twice which says a lot because I'm pretty fickle when it comes to skin care!

on 3/20/2005 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I bought this product because i have large pores. I used this product over a month already however it doesn't do anything to my pores. My pore is still large. The price of this product is quite expensive too. I suggested to get a sample first if you really want to try this product.

on 2/4/2005 3:10:00 AM

I hated all philosophy pdts, it made my sensitive skin 100 times worst.

returned the thing to counter...

do not understand why it said recommend by dermatologist!!!

Popular Face Skincare Products