November 25, 2014 | 1816 users online

Skincare - Face - Philosophy - Help Me

rated 2 of 5 on 10/25/2005 3:14:00 AM More reviews by noelk

I haven't used this long enough to know how well it works, but it apparently has something in it that breaks me out. So I have to say that it isn't worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2005 4:38:00 PM More reviews by jennifer36

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This works for me. My pores stay looking normal on my combo big t-zone pore sized skin. This DEFIANTLY helps with any dark spots. If I pop a zit and am not using this product I get a scar. Yes IM 36 and still get a pimple from time to time about monthly. When I am using this cream I can feel confident that there will be no scar. It really amazes me this cream. I am a product junky and am on a perricone kick right now but ALWAYS keep this HNG on hand and use for a solid week after any popped zit etc. Works like a charm. This works better on spots than ANY pricey skin lightener Ive tried. And Ive tried MANY.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2005 9:41:00 PM More reviews by thor7262

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was readig the reviews about Help Me by Philosophy and remembered that it was a tube of this that was my first try at a Philosophy product (I use all Philosophy now). I was in Las Vegas with my boyfriend (husband now) and we were staying at the Venetian Hotel. It was their first year, so we were excited to try their spa. We were there two weeks and got massages, and then I got a facial because they offered one to help with pigmentation. I'm fair and had problems with hormones I guess. One of the products they recommended was Help Me. I have to say that it "helped me" a lot, not only with the dark spots, but also with clogged pores and fine lines around my eyes. I used Retin-A before, but this was just as efective, but without the peeling and redness. That was 2000 and I still have some left and occasionally use it on eye lines if they start looking noticable again. It's a nice treatment and seems safe for practically anyone. It helps with the clogged pores too. The tube I have smells fine yet and still works, but I'll probably buy a new one soon because I don't know how long it's safe/effective to use.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/1/2005 7:00:00 PM More reviews by trickylittleb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I too bought this product, upon the recommendation of the Philosophy salesperson, for my large pores on and around my nose. Used it consecutively for 2 weeks - the amount of time it was supposed to take to start working - and saw absolutely no improvement. If anything, my pores looked worse! Plus it didn't smell that great. Anyway, I returned it.

From the reviews below, it seems to work very well for issues other than pores. My advice is NOT to buy it if you're hoping to shrink/clean out your pores. It's too expensive for a gamble unless you are able to return it.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/15/2005 6:43:00 PM More reviews by jodieleigh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

NOT impressed at all!! Love all of the Philosophy packaging and flowery sayings and that's the only reason I gave any lippies at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2005 11:22:00 PM More reviews by rainy_days

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've used several strong retinol products over the years and this remains my favorite. I use it a couple of times a week at night and always wake up to better skin in the morning; my skintone is more even, blotchiness is gone, and blackheads are diminished or gone completely. It's expensive but not anymore so than Green Cream or other high end retinol treatments. The packaging reminds me of a tube or Retin-A and the product lasts for a long time. I've repurchased this twice which says a lot because I'm pretty fickle when it comes to skin care!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/20/2005 10:01:00 PM More reviews by jilljilljill

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this product because i have large pores. I used this product over a month already however it doesn't do anything to my pores. My pore is still large. The price of this product is quite expensive too. I suggested to get a sample first if you really want to try this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/4/2005 3:10:00 AM More reviews by chococakehk

I hated all philosophy pdts, it made my sensitive skin 100 times worst.

returned the thing to counter...

do not understand why it said recommend by dermatologist!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2005 10:47:00 AM More reviews by jennifer36

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am sooo glad they started making this again! YES! It lasted for about 1 day before it was sold out on SEphora online! This is the ONLY product that takes care of any age spots on my face. OH! N_harrison7
HELP ME is NOTHING like save me. Two completly different products. HG Im dropping all other night time skin care for a while. I will just use a strong day time moisturizer and SPF!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2005 6:55:00 PM More reviews by monetsgarden

BIG disappointment with this one! I had such high hopes based on the reviews here, and since pigmentation and large pores are my two biggest skin complaints, I thought Help Me would be perfect for me. Unfortunately, after three or four weeks of using it faithfully, I have to admit that all it does is dry out my skin -- my pores and dark spots are the same, but my skin is flaky *and* I've actually broken out more than usual. Since I started using this, I also had a weird reaction to Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion in a Jar (which I'd been using regularly with good results). The first time I used it after adding Help Me to my skincare regimen, it felt like my face was on fire! And my skin was itchy, burning and flaking the next day. For now, I've stopped using Help Me and started slathering my face with Cetaphil cream at night so I can get my skin recovered enough to go back to my Hope in a Jar, which I love. An expensive mistake. :(