October 20, 2014 | 2182 users online

Cleansers - Mary Kay - Velocity Facial Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2002 6:16:00 PM More reviews by Hailey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm acutally a Mary Kay Consultant, but I'm not just trying to make the products seem better. I acutally can't really use the normal Basic Skin Care line, and when this stuff came out I gave it a shot. I really like it. I get mabey 2 zits a month now, and that's nothing compared to before!! I don't think I'll use any other cleanser, the exfoliating beads are great, and the smell is yummy!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2002 10:36:00 PM More reviews by IslandGirlSPN

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Talk about a serious deep cleaning sudser-upper! I was hesitant to use this at first because of the strong (but awesome!) citrus signature Velocity scent. I was afraid it would break me out. On the contrary, it does some serious deep cleaning. I have combo skin so I use this (only a dab because any more than a dime size will wash your whole body - no kidding) only if I feel a little more greasier than usual. Now that it is summer I find myself reaching for it more. It performs a little better than the MK Deep Cleanser Formula 3 IMO and ALSO freshens and exfoliates my skin so I can skip a toner and mask when in a rush. Cool! PLUS it smells absolutely divine! So fresh and yummy! I highly recommend this to everyone with combo or oily skin such as myself. PS - I have sensitive skin and this is very gentle to me.!.------------------------ 2007 UPDATE: If I want to pay what MK wants for this I'd rather buy high end brands or even MAC and Urban Decay.-------this particular face wash is prtty good but if i can find it cheap thats the only way i will buy it again--------------------------------------UPDATE: I used to love mk products but found out a lot of interesting information on pinktruth.com regarding the products and company. Turns out they are a bunch of scam artists after all. So sad.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2002 7:10:00 PM More reviews by glossiest81

This is the mest cleanser I've ever used! It has gentle exfoliating scrubbers mixed in that make my skin glow! My skin is always smooth and all my makeup looks better because of this cleanser. I hope they keep making this cleanser. It saves money because it deep cleanses, tones and smooths. It also brightens your face too! I really like the soft citrus scent. I usuall don't like skincare with fragrance but I won't get sick of this. You also get alot in the tube.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2002 6:13:00 AM More reviews by FL_peach

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have just changed my entire face regimen to be the Velocity Cleanser, Oil-Free Moisturizer, and Acne Treatment Gel. After just a few days I already notice a difference in my skin. I have oily skin in my t-zone, and tend to get a few pimples once a month. I decided to try this after a friend who uses this recommended it. Her skin was amazing - very smooth, very tight pores! If I get any thing close to her results I will be more than happy. So, I am going to try this, and update my review after a few months. One side note, due to the extreme cleansing - she told me your skin could get a little teeny bit worse before it gets better. But it looks like it will be worth it to me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2002 3:57:00 PM More reviews by crys20

I love the smell of this, very energizing. The feel is wonderful and the way that my face feels afterwords is great... It doesn't dry out my skin a lot. Personally, I would like to have a little more grit to exfoliate, so I have an extra exfoliater on the side to use once a week.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2002 10:34:00 PM More reviews by kinderbabydawl

I love the scent!!! Yummmmy! Its VERY gentle- Thats why I like it. My skin is incredibly sensitive so I have a hard time finding just the right cleanser that scrubs away all the dirt while keeping it soft and not too tight. My skin feels radiant after using it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2002 1:27:00 PM More reviews by DaisyJane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am not a fan of the Velocity fragrance therefore, I don't like this cleanser. Also, I like cleansers that make my face feel squeaky clean and this cleanser doesn't do that. I would much rather my Biore.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2002 9:47:00 PM More reviews by amyaub

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really liked this face wash. It has a touch of some sort of exfoliant to it but its gentle enough that it could be used every day without upsetting my skin. Had a nice smell.

However, it left a film on my face that was difficult to wash away. Just not a product for me. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2001 10:48:00 AM More reviews by skymom

I love the new velocity products from Mary Kay! It's targeted toward "younger" skin, but I am approaching 30, and my oily/combo. skin can still appreciate these items! The cleanser is a concentrated gel with tiny scrubbing beads. It left my face feeling super clean, but not tight or dry. It also has a nice fresh scent. I think it will be a new staple item for me!