April 16, 2014 | 1510 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Clinique - Take The Day Off Eye Makeup Remover

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2011 3:03:00 PM More reviews by mandy_mann

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love it. It removes my tenacious smokey eye looks in a couple of swipes. The formulation is not irritating and I find absolutely no traces of makeup after washing my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2011 7:42:00 AM More reviews by alissarn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used to have this product and it is great, am wondering why I never repurchased because I should have!
Firstly the packaging. I love the "child safety" cap it has- it makes me less worried about spillages in my bag/makeup case.
Secondly, it's oil based which takes off makeup better than gel or cream based removers. You have to shake it to mix the ingredients together which is pretty normal.
It's also AMAZING at taking not only eye but the rest of my makeup off as well. Usually with drugstore removers, I still have mascara residue after i step out of the shower, but with this product I didn't have any around my eyes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2011 5:38:00 PM More reviews by Tricho

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bet there are cheaper products out there that perform just as well as this one but since I haven't tried on yet I'm happy to stay with this. It's brilliant at taking all my makeup off and I love the packaging and the funky purple colour. I use it for taking eye makeup and lip colour off and it requires pretty much zero effort and time.

That's all really!! Just a great product!!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/27/2011 2:02:00 PM More reviews by Sadiegem

Left an oily residue and didn't perform any better than a cheap eye make up remover so i couldn't justify buying this. I used it a few times as i have received many samples of it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2011 1:36:00 PM More reviews by jumitch

I love this eye make-up remover. Yes it's a bit 'greasy' but it does a great job, doesn't drag and it doesn't dry out the eye area. Fab for removing waterproof mascara and liner, in fact it's the best I've found and I don't feel that I have to continue looking for anything better. It lasts a long time and it's not a bad price. I always buy my clinique products during bonus time so I get lots of freebies too!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/24/2011 1:55:00 AM More reviews by katrabbit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Got a large portion of this as a sample and it's not even up there with drug store removers such as Neutrogena Oil Free Eye Makeup Remover, or my absolute favorite by Klorane (non-oily makeup remover that gets rid of tough makeup and leaves skin extremely moist and dewy, never oily/greasy).

PROS: can't think of any

CONS: price is $21.50 CDN b4 taxes for 125ml; doesn't remove tough makeup; feels greasy and oily after using product; you have to rub and rub to get even those makeup that are not considered "heavy duty"; why buy this when you can spend a lot less and get more that works better with other brands? This is such a horrible, useless makeup remover.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2011 2:24:00 PM More reviews by rayjbady

Works, but its oily residue doesn't sit well with me. I wish it didn't have that. It does take off everything though.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2011 11:06:00 PM More reviews by LAWools

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Takes off my Bobbi Brown cream eyeshadow with one light swipe. And that's no easy feat! Don't mind the somewhat oily residue, I have dry skin, so it's a plus for me. Will definetly buy this again. Better to spend a little more on a product that works than spend money on cheaper products that don't work and get tossed.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2011 10:59:00 AM More reviews by justpass

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a very effective eye makeup remover, really bites into any waterproof product I've been using. I have not experienced any irritation on my eyes after use, it did cause a very temporary bleaching of the skin around the eyes, but that went away within a couple of minutes. Leaves a bit of an oily feeling but it doesn't bother me. It is a bit pricy and the cap gets on my nerves, it's a child-proof cap type that is a bit cumbersome.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2011 12:56:00 AM More reviews by newbie07

For some reason I always come back to the Clinique Take the Day off remover. I like that this product is gentle on my eyes and does not tamper with my contacts. This stuff is good at removing every bit of make up from my eyes and lips. Although the price is a bit steep just for make up remover, I would definitely suggest this to all the contact lens wearers out there.