April 16, 2014 | 973 users online

Blush - NARS - Cream Blush in Penny Lane

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2007 2:54:00 PM More reviews by laurenb80

I haven't had much luck with NARS, except with powder blush. This blush I felt was greasy and the color just washed me out. Now, I think a redhead would look good in it, but it was blah for me, and way too expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2007 1:22:00 PM More reviews by sweet_tarte8

I'm so happy I ended up buying Penny Lane-- it's a very unique color, and I love the name :) I have really pale, neutral skin, (NW15,) so Penny Lane shows up as a subtle rosy-nude on me that is gorgeous. It's not a good blush of you're looking for a 'pop' of color, but it's really gorgeous as an everyday, natural-looking blush.

I also love it for pairing with more dramatic eyes or lips. I can't go out without blush on without looking like a ghost, but I don't like a bright cheek when I do smokey eyes. A few dabs just bring a little color to my cheeks, so that the focus stays on my eyes, without making me look corpse-like.

Overall, it's a great blush-- I know I'm going to get tons of use out of it, and I'd easily buy this again when I run out.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2007 12:26:00 PM More reviews by Lizzy28

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I so much wanted to have (and like) a NARS blush, but I guess this is just not the right colour for me. I have extremely fair, cooltoned skin (NW10/15) with ruddy cheeks due to Rosacea and Penny Lane just disappeared beneath the redness although I was wearing my LM Silk Creme Foundation. And this shade turned orange on my skin as well: no pink at all, just a very unflattering, peachy orange. The texture is nice though, even for my sensitive, dry skin. I think Penny Lane would only suit fair to medium skinned girls with pale, even-toned cheeks. It's a shame, 'cause this blush was really expensive to purchase overhere. So I won't repurchase and I'll stick with my Avon, Clinique and MAC blushes from now on. Ingredients: octyldodecyl stearate, isostearyl neopentanoate, caprylic/capric triglyceride, silica, dimethicone, C12-15 alkyl lactate, tribehenin, polymethyl methacrylate, polyethylene, candelilla cera [euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax], copernicia cerifera [copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax], ozokerite, cera alba (beeswax), ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, tocopheryl acetate, isopropylparaben, butylparaben, isobutylparaben. May contain: mica, CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), CI 77491 CI 77492 CI 77499 (iron oxides), CI 15850 (red 6, red 7 lake), CI 45410 (red 28 lake), CI 73360 (red 30 lake), CI 17200 (red 33 lake), CI 19140 (yellow 5 lake), CI 42090 (blue 1 lake), CI 77007 (ultramarines), CI 77742 (manganese violet), CI 77163 (bismuth oxychloride), CI 77288 (chromium oxide greens), CI 77289 (chomium hydroxide green), CI 75470 (carmine), CI 77510 (ferric ferrocyanide).

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2007 7:55:00 PM More reviews by bulbataras

Gorgeous texture. Perfect cream to powder and you cannot mess this up but I like more punch to my cheeks and this was a bit too light and didn;t last that well on me but beautiful neutral color that would suit most people.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2007 5:10:00 PM More reviews by brockinbeats

Holy gorgeous, Batman! I have been obsessed with replicating the look seen in the Jimmy Choo Fall / Winter 2007 ad (pale skin, nude lips, nude pink blush and strong eyeliner & brows). I got the lips (see my rave for Belle du Jour) and was looking for the blush - Penny Lane is it. This is a pale dusty rose with the slightest nude / brown undertone. It can go on sheer, if can also be layered for a build up of colour. The texture is very nice, a light cream with powder finish and it blends beautifully into the skin. There is very fine microshimmer, when applied it may look matte, but under certain light, it gives you that subtle glowy look.

The shade is perfect for contouring - I do a light swipe of Laguna with Penny Lane on top, finished by a light dusting of Smashbox highlighter in Lens. I'm loving the different gradations of nude makeup tones for a polished workday look. I tend to go for understated makeup anyway, but this is the ultimate in stealth makeup (in my book) - you don't look made up, just somehow, gorgeously put together. For comparison purposes: I'm a light skinned Eurasian with yellow undertone (NC 25/30, BB Beige).

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2007 8:51:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

I waited a while to review this because I wasn't 100% sure if I was in love with it. It's a pretty color - warm light pink, great for a natural look on my NC25 skin. It's light-weight and creamy, so it's pretty easy to blend. I do find the lasting power of the cream blushes is not as great, but sometimes I will layer on a powder blush on top to help that.

Alternative uses for this are as a lipstick. It makes a pretty, pale mod pink. I heard that Lindsay Lohan's pale pink lips are achieved by using this, a pink Victoria's Secret lipliner (can't remember the shade), and DuWop lip venom.

Also, wanted to add that this looks great under NARS Orgasm. It makes a multi-dimensional glowy effect. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2007 11:08:00 PM More reviews by iheartbunnies

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really love this blush, it's just a little too peachy for my super pale skin tone (and it's the lightest color). I have been debating all week whether I should keep it or take it back. I just love the texture and it blends so well!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2007 3:03:00 PM More reviews by rthurow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Another HG from Nars. This is a beautiful pink cream with a touch of peach and a touch of beige. It also has a micro shimmer which imparts a very dewy look. It gives a polished, subtle flush to the cheek and works best with a foundation brush I find. Finger application seems chalky and thick to me. This is a very sheer nude look, great with a smoky eye! I will definitely repurchase, if I ever run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2007 10:22:00 AM More reviews by xmifaz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am Stila 30 Watts and this blush gives my skin a nice pink flush which is buildable. Pennylane is a light pink blush with a hint of shimmer, it's very pretty and easy to apply with fingertips, i usually blend it in with a brush for a more subtle effect, perfect to wear alone for daytime. This shade suits those with pale skin tones, for a stronger effect at nightime I combine pennylane with orgasm, it's perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2007 6:54:00 AM More reviews by kit_kat68

Its a great very subtle glowy type blush that can be very easily applied with fingers at the lights on the way to work... on my 30-40 watts skin its quite subtle, but makes me look healthy without looking made up!