Avene Cleanance K [DISCONTINUED]

3.7

Avene Thermal Spring Water - Cyclomethicone - Water - Gylcolic Acid - Propylene Glycol - Glycerine - Polyacrylamide - Lactic Acid - Polymethyl Methacrylate - Sodium Hydroxide - C13-14 Isoparaffin - Disodium Phosphate - Bisabolol - Citric Acid - Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Seed Oil - Dimethiconol - Disodium EDTA - Fragrance - Laureth-7 - Polysorbate 20 - Salicylic Acid - Zinc Gluconate

on 7/7/2008 10:27:00 PM

WOWS So Far Impressed..its only been like a week or less that I've been using this and I can already see an improvement in my skin..

it's getting more clear, bright, pores are clearing up and even and I think less oily, because my face didnt seem as oil-slick as it would usually get (before I started using this)...by mid-day during school, but for some reason my skin wasn't AS Oily!..well thats good!

Whats so great about this, that I havent found with other products, is that this really does change my skin, WITHOUT the Side-effects of getting dry, flaky or itchy skin! I'm even using this at night and during the day!
it doesn't effect my skin like that! wows

I'm already impressed for what it did for my skin within a week, I think my skin will only get BETTER as I continue using this!

on 7/1/2008 10:07:00 PM

I wish I'd tried Avene products years ago! I've been alternating Clearance K at night with Ystheal Emulsion. It's working very well on my blackhead-prone skin, in particular I can see there are less on my nose, plus it hasn't aggravated my SD or made my skin irritated (both problems I had with PC AHA and BHA). My skin looks clearer and smoother. I wish that Avene would cut the scent, though, I really prefer skin products to be unscented.

on 6/30/2008 4:04:00 PM

Well, I have used this for a month now. I had quit all "acids" or retinoids of any kind for over a year, but it was painfully obvious that my skin needed some type of exfoliation. I have rosacea that seems to be hormonal since it "acts up nearly the same time every month. Anyways, I started off slowly, once every third night and have stayed so far at every other night. Sometimes there is a slight tingle upon application but goes away very quickly. Today I'm having the best skin day I've had in a while and I know this is helping alot. Originally my aesthetician recommended diacneal, but I was too afraid, I though if my skin can tolerate cleanance k than maybe I'll move up to diacneal eventually. Will update.

on 6/15/2008 8:48:00 AM

First of all, this is not a moisturiser, but a treatment. It does have a moisturising action, but it's nos it's main purpose... this is pretty much a chemical peel, but a very gently one. This is a clear, thick gel-like cream meant for oily/combination/acne prone skin.

I have been using this for 2 months and I'm noticing a very big difference in my skin (combination, not too oily on the T-zone, but with plenty of blackheads and dry cheeks/cheekbones). This stuff has literally dried big pimples that were popping in just two applications and faded out some dark acne scars I had. My blackheads are less now, they are easier to extract and it takes longer for them to come back. It leaves your skin very soft and it has also evened out my skin tone... all I need is some undereye concealer and my skin looks as if I have foundation on! I have NEVER had my skin looking like this!

For the 1st month, I used this as a day and night cream, but now I only use this as a night cream. This is tick and a bit sticky until it gets absorbed, and, a few hours later, if you rub your skin, you'll feel stuff balling up - it's the product plus dead skin cells. So, it really is better to use this at night, and putting foundation on top of this can be tricky because of the balling up. You don't need a lot of the product - a pea sized amount, or even smaller will suffice for your whole face... I just dab tiny spots on my forehead, nose, cheeks and chin and spread. I use this all over my face (well, except for my eye area) and it has not irritated or dried out my skin, even on the drier spots.

But beware - if you have a popped pimple, a scab you picked on, etc... it will sting. A lot. But it dissapears rather quickly.

The only peeves I have about the product are the scent and the packaging. The scent is a bit chemical and medicinal, it's just not one of those pleasent smells... but it fades fast. The packaging is a tube and it sits on it's lid. I've noticed that mine leaks onto the lid... I generally scoop out the product from the lid with a clean and dry q-tip, and sometimes, I have product on the lid that is enough for more than one application!

I will definitly buy this product again. It has literally changed my face. Here in Portugal, this is not too expensive, it's about 12€ for a 40ml tube, but, given the fact that a little goes a long way and the changes it has made on my face in such little time, this is a keeper, for sure!

on 5/1/2008 8:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I'm a little dumbfounded by this product - on one hand it makes my skin feel very soft and even, but at the same time it made my pores bigger than ever! Have been using it on and off for about a year as it does help get rid of spots, but I'm just amazed by the massive stretched pores I get, which I then hurriedly try to remedy by using Clinique pore minimiser. Very peculiar and disappointing.

on 4/28/2008 4:00:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Skin Background: highly sensitive and oily skin. Suffered from chronic cystic acne for 5 years. Tried literally every drugstore brand, also tried clinique 3 step, pro-activ, aknicare, panoxyl, bye bye blemish, Dr Brandt, Bliss, various oral and topical prescriptions treatments, herbal treatments, homemade stuff, been through several dermatologists and had light therapy. Nothing really worked all that great, or those that did left me with red, flaky, painful skin.
Then I found Avene. And this is the star product.
This didn't make my ultra-sensitive skin flare, it didn't even sting, give me redness or any flakes. I only use this at night, because I like the Avene cleanance regulating lotion during the day as it gives more matte effect, though saying that, cleanance K doesn't make me overly oily.
I have been using it for 2 weeks now, along with Avene cleanance regulating lotion, cleanance mattifying lotion, cleanance gel soapless cleanser at night, and neutrogena deep clean oil-free cream cleanser in the morning. 2 weeks ago i my ENTIRE face was covered in either whiteheads, blackheads, large open pores, red inflamed pimples or just redness. Now I have completely clear areas of skin, only a couple of blackheads. My cheeks have 3 spots on them in total, my chin has one larger one and a small one, the only part of my face with still quite a few spots is my forehead, which has always been the worst area for me, though it is noticeably better. I still have quite a few scars remaining but they are slowly fading, I'm estimating it'll take about 6 months. However, to actually have areas of skin completely cleared in 2 weeks has never happened for me before and I'm over the moon.
Additionally, my skin doesn't feel as oily and equally isn't dry or uncomfortable feeling at all.
but I will definitely be re-purchasing this again!

on 4/27/2008 7:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this after using all organic products for 3 months. The organic products left me with large pores, blackheads and a nasty rash around my mouth.

I started using this with the Gentle Gel Cleanser but this gets the credit with clearing up my problem skin within a very short amount of time. My rash is gone, my pores are smaller and my blackheads are clearing up at record speed. I never had any problems with my skin, other than dryness before going all organic but those products messed up my face worse than anything I've used in the past 25 years. Avene has balanced out my skin and I feel like myself again. I love looking in the mirror every day to see how much my skin has improved in such a short amount of time. I feel the difference, too. I have always liked Avene and used it for several years before going 'organic'. Now I like them even better.

This products stings initially. I'm also experiencing some purging which dries up either the same day or a few days later. Cleanance K is listed as a moisturizer but I think it's more of a treatment. I made the mistake of wearing this underneath makeup and my skin flaked all day long. Only use this at night because it makes your skin peel off! I have read that not everyone likes this but for me it worked miracles and it was fairly gentle. I used this on my 13 year old daughter's nose last night for some minor blackheads and we were able to lift off a lot of them this morning with scotch tape (I think it's just as effective and far more gentle than pore strips). I love this stuff!

on 4/19/2008 10:16:00 PM

This product seems promising as it has both AHAs and BHAs to rid the skin of blackheads and acne. I used it a couple of times and could not stand the smell!!!!!!!!! Like rancid baby powder. And that close to your nose! Yuck. So, I don't know if this product works as I can't stand it have it on my face.

on 3/29/2008 8:08:00 AM

Well, I've only used it twice but I like it so far! For me it doesn't sting at all or feel sticky, and I don't notice a smell. Definitely not a moisturizer for me - this stuff absorbs super-fast. I do wake up feeling oily, which is kind of weird. (I use it at night w/ nothing else). After reading the board I'm starting out w/ every other night application, trying to monitor possible purging. I think it brings 2-3 whiteheads to the surface each time but they're soft and can be popped (bad, I know!). Otherwise my skin looks more even-toned and smooth. Plus I get patches of dry skin where I'm trying to dry out zits, and this seems to make the zits better and the dry patches peel off more easily. So for now, I'm liking it. I'll update later if it changes! Update: Definitely feel this improves tone/texture. Zits...eh, I still need my meds. No terrible purging to report though.

on 3/21/2008 7:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

Well now. While I've given this a 2, that's a compromise rating to include hypothetical OK performance (3) and a 1 for performance on this specific skin, that happens to be irritated by AHAs. I can see that this might be an excellent solution for some forms of acne, including what I have, localised late-onset hormonal cystic acne. But try before you buy, and maybe avoid if your skin Has Issues with AHAs: the K contains glycolic and lactic acids.

The K is supposed to moisturize (Avene thermal spring water, glycerin, silicones), mattify and regulate sebum production (zinc gluconate in acrylate microcapsules, pumpkin seed oil extract), and do the usual HA business of surface peeling and pore deep-cleansing.

Unfortunately, my skin reacted to the K. On a first attempt, it stung badly, went red, etc. and had to be washed fast. On a second attempt (next day), a very thin layer was initially OK, then started to react (and I accidentally licked my top lip and got the K on it, and that was very gross indeed). Off it came. Now, I'm fine with Avene's Cleanance (without the "keratoreducing" K), whose formula is very like this one, minus the AHAs and with a bit more BHA (salicylic acid). When I first put the K on, it felt quite like the non-K. I'm guessing that the K would have similar or better effects, if your skin can tolerate the AHA. Hypothesizing aside, I can certainly recommend the non-K for more sensitive skin.

This costs in the region of EUR 12.00-15.00 for a 40 ml tube (more in the US etc.).

INGREDIENTS: Avθne thermal spa water • Cyclomethicone • Water • Glycolic Acid • Propylene Glycol • Glycerin • Polyacrylamide • Lactic Acid • Polymethyl Methacrylate • Sodium Hydroxide • C13-14 Isoparaffin • Disodium Phosphate • Bisabolol • Citric Acid • Cucurbita Pepo (pumpkin seed oil) • Dimethiconol • Disodium EDTA • Fragrance • Laureth-7 • Polysorbate 20 • Salicylic Acid • Zinc Gluconate continued >>

Popular Treatments (Face)