MAC Up The Amp

4.7

on 2/16/2010 9:43:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Totally unique colour! Light baby pinkish/lavender colour on my lips (NC44). JAMPACKED with pigment! One dab of the lipstick is enough to deliver a full mouth of colour!

on 2/7/2010 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is a really unique color! Super bright, and when I want to make it really dramatic, I pair it up with Mac's Currant lipliner, then I have on some purple lipstick, that is....yes.........WORK APPROPRIATE! I will definitely be purchasing this product again once I run out!

on 1/20/2010 9:00:00 PM

usually my bf just shrugs his shoulder when i ask him what the thinks of lipglosses i've bought.........however today, he said to me "wow...tht colour suits u". It is a great colour, i'm NC25 Asian with black hair (for reference). I bought this in Asia, so it's much cheaper without the tax. HG!

on 1/14/2010 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Perfect mauvey pink shade. Great texture and color pay off. It wears well and looks like lovely satin on the lips.

I pair this with magenta lip liner (Jordana makes the best one!) and it is a great color for the spring/summer. Any pink/mauve/purple gloss will also accent this color.

lovely!

on 1/13/2010 2:55:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

This is a gorgeous blueish-lavender color and looks great on my NW50 skin tone. I really like this shade because it looks great on women of all different shades. I will buy and buy again.

on 1/13/2010 2:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Once again, I have to thank you MUA'ers for this wonderful find. This is not a color I would have bought but it received such high reviews on this site that I decided to try it out and I'm so, so glad I did. It's a gorgeous color and it looks great on my complexion. When I wear this shade, I don't have to wear much makeup at all. I wear a bit of foundation, mascara, concealer and that's it. I wear and love nude colors nearly every day and have been doing so for years now but I'm in love in this dark magenta color. It's gorgeous! It just shows that you never know how a color, especially a lipstick shade, will look on you unless you actually try it on. This is now my HG dark l/s shade. I will repurchase this over and over again! What a great find.

on 12/30/2009 7:07:00 AM

I am NC25/C3, and this blue based magenta/pink is very flattering. It's a very bold lip but you can dab it on for a nice tint of pink.

PROS:
-opaque and pigmented

CONS:
-okay for dry lips (i have very dry lips)

hit the jump for a better pic:

continued >>

on 12/28/2009 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i freakin love this color!i never thought i would get a lip color so bold but it automatically when to the top of my favorites list...with gold eyeshadow looks amazing!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I definitely mean no offense to those of you who like this lippie!
However, Up the Amp makes me look like a corpse.
For reference, I am an *extremely* fair skinned, green eyed and red haired girl with neutral undertones, and I feel that I look much better in muted warm tones. I'm not saying I can pull off everything classically considered "warm," though. I thought Up the Amp could work for me, and I loved the colour in the tube!
But I will eternally pass on it after satisfying my whim to try it on.

on 12/27/2009 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Rihanna is like my make up god and in her new music video Hard, I saw her wearing a very light lilac type purple lipstick.. I had to dupe the look, so I went into my local MAC Pro store, and I found Up The Amp.. oh my goodness.. WHAT A GORGEOUS COLOR !!.. It wasn't that light purple color I was looking for, but when I got home I mixed it with Myth and I got exactly what I wanted.. it's so versatile, and you can create many looks with it.. you can wear it bold or you can use it with a very light hand and create a softer look.. it applies like a dream too.. this is a what a lipstick should be.. LOVESSSSS IT !

Popular Lipsticks