November 25, 2014 | 1726 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Up The Amp

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2010 2:27:00 AM More reviews by abrad1967

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

Once again, I have to thank you MUA'ers for this wonderful find. This is not a color I would have bought but it received such high reviews on this site that I decided to try it out and I'm so, so glad I did. It's a gorgeous color and it looks great on my complexion. When I wear this shade, I don't have to wear much makeup at all. I wear a bit of foundation, mascara, concealer and that's it. I wear and love nude colors nearly every day and have been doing so for years now but I'm in love in this dark magenta color. It's gorgeous! It just shows that you never know how a color, especially a lipstick shade, will look on you unless you actually try it on. This is now my HG dark l/s shade. I will repurchase this over and over again! What a great find.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2009 7:07:00 AM More reviews by diddlez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am NC25/C3, and this blue based magenta/pink is very flattering. It's a very bold lip but you can dab it on for a nice tint of pink.

PROS:
-opaque and pigmented

CONS:
-okay for dry lips (i have very dry lips)

hit the jump for a better pic:

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2009 10:48:00 PM More reviews by weulike

i freakin love this color!i never thought i would get a lip color so bold but it automatically when to the top of my favorites list...with gold eyeshadow looks amazing!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/27/2009 9:21:00 PM More reviews by lovelyxfugitive

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I definitely mean no offense to those of you who like this lippie!
However, Up the Amp makes me look like a corpse.
For reference, I am an *extremely* fair skinned, green eyed and red haired girl with neutral undertones, and I feel that I look much better in muted warm tones. I'm not saying I can pull off everything classically considered "warm," though. I thought Up the Amp could work for me, and I loved the colour in the tube!
But I will eternally pass on it after satisfying my whim to try it on.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2009 4:49:00 PM More reviews by shwinky

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Rihanna is like my make up god and in her new music video Hard, I saw her wearing a very light lilac type purple lipstick.. I had to dupe the look, so I went into my local MAC Pro store, and I found Up The Amp.. oh my goodness.. WHAT A GORGEOUS COLOR !!.. It wasn't that light purple color I was looking for, but when I got home I mixed it with Myth and I got exactly what I wanted.. it's so versatile, and you can create many looks with it.. you can wear it bold or you can use it with a very light hand and create a softer look.. it applies like a dream too.. this is a what a lipstick should be.. LOVESSSSS IT !

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2009 10:39:00 PM More reviews by kysma03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i just got this color today and havent quite gotten a chance to play with it. it was my choice for the B2M after seeing the reviews here. I'm NC30ish and have a weakness for baby pink and nude lips so this was a stretch for me i'm still playing with it and although it can be quite intimidating on its own.. applied with a coat of lustreglass on top of it and it really was a pretty awesome look.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2009 9:11:00 PM More reviews by jlander5

This was my b2m freebie and I really just wanted a fun color. I am a nc 15-20, with dark almost black hair and super fair skin and greenish/hazel eyes. I love the color! It was between this and lusterling and I think I will actually go back and buy lusterling but I am still really happy with this purple. Its fun, can be done with a smokey or darker eye and looks fun and fresh!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2009 5:09:00 PM More reviews by AmyDbaby

Uh, no. Not on me. I generally love MAC lipsticks but this color is ghastly. If you are warm and light I suggest you pass on this one unless purple lips are your thing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2009 8:58:00 PM More reviews by laqueron1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE. I think this lipstick looks great on practically everybody. Dark Skins looks super duper beautiful with this l/s. Very nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2009 7:53:00 PM More reviews by calamityjanek

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

The color is totally chic. I love amplified range lipsticks since their color is literally what-you-see-is-what-you-get. I don't need any foundation to conceal my naturally purple(?) lips since the color is very intense. It also doesn't make lines and flakes that noticeable in comparison to other amplified lipsticks with brighter colors - e.g. morange. The color is definitely unique it instantly brightens up my skin- I have a NC25 skin. Goes great with natural warm eye makeup or weak smokey makeup too.