MAC Up The Amp

4.7

on 4/11/2010 7:27:00 AM

This is now my favorite MAC l/s. The color is a gorgeous, lavender "notice me" color, but it can easily be worn in the day time as well as evening.

on 4/10/2010 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

ok. so i was going to buy up the amp bc i love lilac/lavender lipsticks but to my astonishment, it was a a very wearable purple berry that had buildable coverage. it was very flattering on my skintone bc i am a medium-dark olive toned asian and purplish hues look good against the coolness of my skintone. however, i swear if you want a cheaper dupe, look at NYC's BERRY RICH. EXACT same color. and it only cost $1.99! maybe after i run out of nyc, i might get this bc i love the scent of this and im sure the formula is very moisturizing. but for now, berry rich does the exact same thing for cheaper

on 4/7/2010 8:42:00 PM

in my country, this lipstick costs U$ 35,00.itīs not cheap, but ITīS IS THE LIPSTICK. the best color....i really loved it...

on 4/6/2010 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

After reading a million positive reviews on this, I finally got Up The Amp, and I'm definitely impressed. It's a really smooth lipstick and the color just makes your look pop. I think it would flatter most complexions (I'm NC40), and it's just one of those colors you have to have in your lippie collection!

on 4/1/2010 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

i LOVE this color. one of my best friends suggested i try it and boy am i happy i listened. its really funny because this is a bold color on me i'm a MAC NC42 and at the time i bought it i a nude lip type girl, but this color turned me out!

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

I really do like this colour, but I wish it were more purple like the MAC ad for this colour. I find it pulls a little bit too magenta for me. However, this is my first amplified lipstick and I really do love the formula, lovely and smooth. I also like the fact that it makes my teeth look much whiter, which must be the purple tones. I don't wear this often but will definately be wearing it on nights out.
EDIT**
I have changed my mind about the colour of this lipstick. I'm not sure if it was the lighting or something else but this is definately a HOT purple on me these days.
I wish I could wear it more often it is such a fabulous colour and the texture is amazing.

on 3/4/2010 5:39:00 AM

I went to MAC with "Up the Amp" on top of my shopping list because of all the really high ratings here. I also wanted a new look besides my usual reds. To my disappointment, it was waaaay too lavender for me. Made me look washed out/like a corpse! Good thing I didn't purchase online or else it would be a b*tch to return. If you want to look like Barbie, I suggest a vibrant pink lipstick like MAC's Lickable or Mad About Town. Would not buy this colour EVER!

on 2/20/2010 6:19:00 PM

This is the color I've been looking for! I wanted something bright without making me feel like a barbie. I never thought of going to a more purple shade. But this is perfect! It's bright, beautiful, unique, and mature (enough). The color lasts a very long time. It feels good on. Perfect!

on 2/19/2010 5:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this lipstick! It makes a statement without feeling like you are 'overdoing it." I have a medium skin tone, and it works nicely with my color when I lighten it up a bit by applying MAC's lip conditioner with SPF 15. VERY unique color!

Up the Amp is one of my favorite lipsticks from MAC! This lipstick is extremely versatile for me. I can wear this in the day & at night when I go out. I think this lipstick looks great with a neutral eye and lots of mascara & a hint of blush.

Popular Lipsticks