October 30, 2014 | 1736 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Super Lustrous Creme - Pink in the Afternoon

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2010 8:21:00 PM More reviews by LovesLookingPretty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I think that this is a great natural looking lipstick! I have been searching everywhere for a shade that I could wear all of the time without looking completely done up. I was worried that this shade wouldnt work with my colouring because most people on here that gave positive reviews have dark hair, eyes and olive skin. But this shade worked great for me too! (I have a fair-pinkish skin tone and am slightly tanned with freckles. Also, my hair is more of a dirty blonde.)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2010 2:39:00 PM More reviews by ThatIsNOTHerShade

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Pink In The Afternoon is matte to creamy, pigmented and opaque. The shade is a light-medium, neutral-warm, clear pink. I don't find the line to be terribly moisturizing, but the staying power is great. Not my favorite color, but definitely not a bad lipstick either.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2010 9:28:00 AM More reviews by fuzzywuzzywuzabearbuthadn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This truly is a marvelous lipstick, as others have stated. It looks marvelous on me, but unfortunately it has one (fairly major) downfall.

For reference: I am a dirty blonde with dark hazel eyes and a bisque-to-beige skintone with warm-to-olive undertones.

Price: I bought this as part of a Revlon BOGO at CVS, but it is regularly $7.99. The price will vary depending on which drugstore you buy it from.

Packaging: One of the major reasons I bought this. I lovelovelove the simple black packaging with gold "Revlon" around it. I wanted to buy a lipstick that I could bring with me in my purse and feel glamorous putting it on, and this l/s certainly fit the bill. Simple, classy, elegant. Only problem is the annoying sales sticker that won't seem to come off. The tube feels sturdy, though. I gave it a 4 for packaging quality.

Color: This lipsticks redeeming factor. The pictures that someone has posted for this product are really quite accurate. When I first open the tube, I was shocked by how pink it was, but on my lips it was GORGEOUS! I do agree with those who say that this would only look good on young people, because this is a peachy-salmony-pink that would look quite unattractive on someone with thin, aging lips. But, for those of us under a certain age, it looks fabulous. It's the color I wish my lips were naturally, and it's not too bright, so people will believe that *is* your natural lipcolor. Completely delicate, soft when applied with a light hand. So glad I bought it in time for spring.

Pigmentation: Very opaque.

Finish: Creamy, matte-ish finish; not a lot of shine, like a MAC Lustre.

Texture: This lipstick's downfall. When I first purchased it, I applied it full on with a couple of swipes. WHOA! I looked completely ridiculous; flakes all over the place, uneven color, just totally icky all around. After I exfoliated my lips, it didn't get much better. This lipstick must be applied with a finger, a lip brush, or must be lightly dotted on; otherwise, it will pick up every little flake and crack in your lips and make even the most beautiful lips look nasty. Truly a terrible texture. My Maybelline, Lancome, and even my NYC lipsticks blow this texture away. This is the only reason I took off one star.

Staying Power: Haven't really noticed; it's so gorgeous I apply about once every hour anyway.

Other Notes: has a slightly lipstick-y smell. Not moisturizing. Looks absolutely bee-autiful when used as a cream blush. Great with a clear lipgloss in the center of the bottom lip; makes lips look really youthful.

How I Wear It: I apply lipbalm (sometimes Aquaphor, sometimes Carmex, sometimes Chapstick Medicated) and then either apply with my finger or lightly dot the product onto my lips. If there's excess product, I remove it with a tissue (although there usually isn't). My goal when using this product is to make people truly believe it is my natural lipcolor.

Buy It Again: Most likely. I don't usually go through lipsticks too quickly, and since I'm applying this one so lightly, I think it will last a while. My future purchasing of this depends on how I want to do my makeup during the summer.

Summary: Didn't like the texture (at ALL), but loved everything else! Definitely something people should buy, if only for the beautiful color..

UPDATE: Okay, the texture is really annoying. Knocking off another star.

***DUPE ALERT!*** This stuff is a near perfect dupe for Julie Hewitt's Cheekie in Peachie. Even their textures are almost identical! The only difference is that this lipstick is not quite as orange-y as the cheekie, but when swatched I had to look very hard to see a difference. Oh yeah, and this lipstick is $16 dollars cheaper!!!!!!!! continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2010 3:55:00 PM More reviews by asianjewel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I got this lipstick from my friend as a gift and I absolutely adore it. It's one of the few colors that I can wear everyday without looking like I'm trying too hard. The color is fairly natural, not too light and not too dark for my lip color. It makes me look really sweet and natural, which is the look that I like to go for during the day. The color also makes me feel a bit girly and flirty-- which makes it more fun to wear! I don't find it extremely moisturizing, which is the one thing I don't like about it (I tend to have more dry/chapped lips). Otherwise, as long as if I wear Vaseline underneath, it works perfect for me, would definitely recommend!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2010 12:38:00 PM More reviews by gabbster123

Well this is a great everyday pink L/S on my NC15 skin tone this looks a nice easy to wear neutral pink. Its very pigmented for such a light color. Love the cream finish as its moisturizing yet long lasting. Im just getting into Revlon lippies and im impressed by far! Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2009 4:17:00 PM More reviews by carmenners

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pink in the Afternoon is such a pretty easy pink to wear. It's a cream finish so there isn't any shimmer or glitter in it, which I love to wear if I want to focus on my cheeks or eyes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2009 11:17:00 PM More reviews by mandiluk

OMG! I finally found the pink I've been looking for.
I'm asian and have fair pink lips, and it's simple the everyday lipstick. It does not dry out my lips. It goes on smooth and according to the label its a creme finish. I just have to put on one layer of it. If you're looking for a smooth, creamy, every day pink lipstick, this is it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2009 7:31:00 PM More reviews by iuhooch625

This is also HG for me. I agree with the below reviewer about it being perfect to wear under lipgloss and also alone. It's a subtle, light pink without looking too bubble gum like. It has no frost or shimmer to it. Very moisturizing and feels great on my lips. Love it!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2009 7:42:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Since I always buy in pairs when I like something I will say that this is one of the FEW lippies which I almost ran out of.

The problem with that was that once I almost ran out, I put it away and never took out my back up. I just saw the last review on this and remembered it (I do have too much makeup!).

I started wearing this color when my hair was an auburn brown -- and it was in the 80's! lolol.. too bad I can still remember cause I looked great.

Anyway, this is a beautiful color with a beautiful semi matte finish... it looks great on most skins which can wear pinks. This pink has a bit of brown/beige in it and in the old days I wore it with a soft plum blush.
Nowadays, I wear it with a very soft pink blush and some gloss but it still looks great.

For the price, Revlon lippies are a bargain!

Besides, I remember the good old days!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2009 4:04:00 PM More reviews by lildr3amcatch3r

I love this shade! It's beautiful and very creamy. Definitely my HG for winter. It's the perfect shade of pink, not too light and bubbly nor too dark and mauvy. I feel pretty when I wear this.