April 17, 2014 | 1013 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Pink in the Afternoon

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2009 4:04:00 PM More reviews by lildr3amcatch3r

I love this shade! It's beautiful and very creamy. Definitely my HG for winter. It's the perfect shade of pink, not too light and bubbly nor too dark and mauvy. I feel pretty when I wear this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2009 9:38:00 PM More reviews by s2casey

I cant believe I found this perfect winter pink for me in the drugstore! I'm pretty fair, blond. I have to wear lipstick because my lips are naturally pale and thin. I was looking for something not too bright, but not too "nude". This is it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2009 10:18:00 PM More reviews by jrm1862

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This shows up light pink with a tinge of peach on my tan skin. I like how it looks with a clear gloss over it. Makes me look natural, fresh and clean if that makes any sense. I dig this color. It's good for the summer/spring. The quality is very good and it stays put for quite a while. Another winner.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2009 10:22:00 AM More reviews by figurechick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

HG for me! Love this color. If I want a nude lip I use this alone with maybe some gloss overtop. If I want my glosses to pop I use this underneath. Its MLBB for me. I am honestly very impressed with Revlon lippies. I'm addicted to them bc they perform very well. I find the pigmentation to be very good for my expectations as well. These moisturize very well and make my lips feel luscious not dry. As for the lasting power, pretty neutral on this. I rarely wear them on their own. Usually with glosses overtop. All in all they do last long. However I def need to reapply after drinking or eating if I want that perfect set of lips. I really hope this is never discontinued.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2009 11:20:00 PM More reviews by luckylouie

On me this is a a very matte finish light cool toned pink, a touch lighter than my own lip colour and a touch too cool for me to want to repurchase. It doesn't work with formal clothes on me, but is great to use as a nude lip with blue or purple smoky eyes and contemporary clothes (think asymetric hemlines and geometric jewelry) for a hip daytime look. I have to admit the more I use it the more I like it, and it's always possible that I might repurchase when (if) i run out, however this lippie isn't 100% right for me and the hunt for the perfect pink lippie continues.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2009 11:33:00 PM More reviews by makeupholic87

Love this lipstick so much. My HG for lips. Look so natural on my lips, not too much. This is great if u want to focus ur makeup on ur cheeks or eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2009 7:23:00 PM More reviews by condiment

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really like this lipstick! It's my first one and I'm happy I got it. It looks a lot like the pink that Audrey Hepburn has on in "Breakfast at Tiffany's", but on my very pigmented lips, it looks a bit brighter. I'm sure it would look softer with a bit of concealer to tone down my lips natural colour. It's also great quality, not super shiny like gloss, but not super matte. It lasted me through a meal, so the staying quality is great. I personally don't need lip pencil while using it because it doesn't bleed, but then again I have full, smooth lips. All in all, it's a great everyday lipstick!

EDIT: Way bright on my lips and concealer just makes it look weird. And not really an everyday lipstick due to the brightness, but if I lightly pat it onto my lips, it looks cute yet subtle.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2009 6:12:00 PM More reviews by ninanina

I finally found the perfect pink lipstick! Who would have guessed that Pink In The Afternoon, which has been around for years would work for me. No matter what color pink I put on it turns blue, not this one, I don't see the "retro pink" that I've read here and I'm medium with blonde hair and blue eyes. It does have that understated Breakfast At Tiffany's feel to it, that it's a simple creme, no frost, just lays down an elegant pink color that doesn't change 2 minutes later. Could be an HG lippie for me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2009 9:54:00 PM More reviews by NatalieJ

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

No, no, no. This is SO not for me! Fabulous color in the tube--it's a light, super-60's pink. When I put it on, it couldn't have been worse--it's absolutely the wrong color and all you could see were these glowing lips. This would look great on someone with dark coloring, but not on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2009 11:18:00 PM More reviews by royaljosieness

My first Revlon lipstick ever and I love it! I got it at CVS for 50% off and I decided to try to Revlon lipsticks b/c I'm obssessed with MAC lippies, but they get kinda expensive. This shade is great. Its the perfect dupe for MAC's Fanfare lipstick! It doesn't have that weird annoying scent that lipsticks tend to have. It's very moisturizing too!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No