October 21, 2014 | 977 users online

Treatments (Face) - Estee Lauder - Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 6:45:00 PM More reviews by katyaberk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Having struggling with adult acnes for a last year, I have finally found a serum what would help my skin to recover from those overdrying topical treatments. My bumpy forehead looks smooth and acne scars are fading slowly just only AFTER 2 DAYS OF USING THIS SERUM!!! I see faster result after using EL then after Decleor's Rose Balm& Serum. I live in Australia, so a slight tan is a must have, that's why I apply EL Day wear tinted moisturizer after this serum, and I have never looked so glowing. My skin looks radiant an smooth, no dry patches and hidden blemishes. If you are like me, who wants smooth radiant and plum skin, just give it a go.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/19/2013 6:40:00 PM More reviews by pinkcandii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Perhaps I am the wrong age group to be using this product but I found it had no effects of my shallow crinkles on my forehead, laugh lines around my mouth and eyes. It also had very little moisturizing effect for my very dry sensitive skin during the summer and winter months in the relatively dry climate of Vancouver, Canada.

While this serum did not cause me to break out (or at least I don't think it did), I would not repurchase it again to help with my fine lines on my dry sensitive scare prone acne skin. Perhaps when I am in my mid thirties I would try this product again, but until then I'll stick with Cellbone and Skinceuticals serums.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2013 8:58:00 AM More reviews by bleuday

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used one of the earlier incarnations of the Advanced Night Repair years ago .... eh, make that decades ago.

Since then, skincare has been taken storm by the Doctors and all the various machination of the "pharmaceutical grade" types of products.

Skincare just isn't what it was three decades ago. What was premier in the seventies is now pretty much junk "science."

But, I got duped into repurchasing this, because I was reading positive reviews on the web. Even here, at the time of this writing, the repurchase rate is 75 percent.

Huh?

I really wanted to love this product. Really. Because compared to other stuff I use, this would have been a great investment. Save money on skincare, get more perfume! Get that jumbo bottle, save a good chunk of change, and get a million samples with every purchase (Lauder has the best business model in the industry, even if most of their products are wanting).

I tried and tried. Bought the jumbo bottle. Used on my hands, face, neck, chest, just jumped into the vat and knew results were coming. Yep. 75 percent repurchase on MUA, this stuff is gonna rock. Gave it 30 days.

Eh, not so much.

Results were "okay." Nothing to write home about, but disappointed enough to write a two lippie review on MUA.

With all the high tech stuff going on in beauty, EL needs to bring a better game in terms of results. Seriously. No offense, but this product would be like putting Joe Namath out on the field again. That's pretty much when this product was a star, too, imo.

Obviously, Lauder's marketing is second to none.

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2013 3:52:00 AM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have to begin my review with conflicting feelings. I used Advanced Night Repair off and on (I like to switch products because I feel my skin becomes used to a skin regimen) and I always found it to give my skin a nice glow immediately upon application. I didn't see any specific difference in the morning as to dewiness or special glow. As a matter of fact, I used it as a serum, and then used my other moisturizers on top of it. It can't be used as a stand-alone product, my skin felt too dry, especially in the wintertime. Their site recommends that you add your moisturizer to it. It's a serum and opens the skin for other nourishment. But does it work as the best serum? I don't think so. There are many other products on the market that give you a glow. There are many other products on the market that address issues specifically at a less costly price point. To be fair, there are some good ingredients in ELNR, like olive oil, hyaluronic acid, gram-positive bacteria (like the kind found in your digestive system), vitamin B5 and peptides. On the negative side, it has three colorants, fragrance, preservative and alcohol. I don't think my skin needs fragrance, preservatives, added colorants or the negative alcohol. I'd rather use a much purer product. I recently found out that Estee Lauder does test on animals and they are not cruelty-free. They do test on animals in other countries since other countries allow their factories to do that. Since that information has become publicly known, I will no longer support any product of Estee Lauder, and that includes Clinique, who also tests on animals. I just can't see putting anything on my skin at the cruelty of another animal suffering. Besides, skincare products should be tested on humans, since human skin is where it will ultimately be used. Matter of fact, when I found out this information, I returned my products to my local Macy's counter immediately and told them why I was returning them. I just couldn't justify giving this company my money to torture animals for my expense.
Ingredients:
1.0 oz WATER\AQUA\EAU, BIFIDA FERMENT LYSATE, METHYL GLUCETH-20, PEG-75, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, BIS-PEG-18 METHYL ETHER DIMETHYL SILANE, ARABIDOPSIS THALIANA EXTRACT, TRIPEPTIDE-32, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, LACTOBACILLUS FERMENT, COLA ACUMINATA (KOLA) EXTRACT, RETINYL PALMITATE, PANTETHINE, CAFFEINE, GLYCERETH-26, SODIUM RNA, SQUALANE, OLETH-3 PHOSPHATE, OLETH-3, OLETH-5, BISABOLOL, CHOLETH-24, CETETH-24, HYDROGENATED LECITHIN, ANTHEMIS NOBILIS (CHAMOMILE), SODIUM HYALURONATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, LECITHIN, XANTHAN GUM, TEA-CARBOMER, TRISODIUM EDTA, BHT, PHENOXYETHANOL, METHYLPARABEN, BENZYL ALCOHOL, GREEN 5 (CI 61570), YELLOW 5 (CI 19140), RED 4 (CI 14700)

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2013 4:15:00 PM More reviews by susru

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Having very troubled skin with acne and oily skin, I am finally happy with this product. It makes my skin soft and supple, not oily and keep acne away. Will be a staple product for me. And also I use Atralin for every 3 days. Along with both products I always want to apply Cetaphil moisturizer as well.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/11/2013 8:50:00 PM More reviews by annecarroline

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I guess I fell prey to its "DNA repair" claim. After I bought it I read how great this product was and thought that I had made a right decision. One thing I also read was that if you use the product too much, it may cause small pimples.

First time I used it, I was amazed on how quick it absorbs into the skin, leaving it as if you're wearing nothing. You'll be happy to see your skin right after you wear it.
However, small white pimples started to appear although not many. I was confused because I didn't use it too much. Just 2-3 drops. Also, I didn't see any change on my skin. My friends and family also noticed nothing different. I gave the quarter used bottle to a friend and she said her skin looks better although not dramatically, but she also noticed that small white pimples appeared.
Well, maybe this is a kind of product which requires your skin to adapt, that's why pimples occured.

Afterall, not a great product for me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2013 2:45:00 PM More reviews by Melavia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I first got a small sample of this from a kit and used it for about a month. I definitely see improvements in the condition of my skin. It is smoother and scars fade quite quickly. I then purchased the full size bottle and I have to say it does not disappoint.

I now wake up with a glow and have noticed that the hormonal break outs heal much faster than before. The small lines used to form on my forehead are almost all gone by now. My face is also fully hydrated against the harsh winter here. This is definitely a well-worth product although the price is a bit steep.

The dropper design is very nice and I believe a bottle could last me quite a while.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2013 6:59:00 PM More reviews by Marivale

Probé este serum que tan buena prensa tiene, la verdad que ni fu ni fa para un precio bastante exorbitante. Me dejó la piel hidratada, pero no mas que cualquier crema de noche común y corriente (tuve mejores resultados con la Codigo Juventud de L`oreal).
Un ni para un producto con precio bastante alto.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2013 1:12:00 PM More reviews by Walko

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Good product , but over rated and over priced.This has been around for years, probably the original serum, so just about everybody had it.But now it has competition.The Paula's choice serums and Olay regenerist are far cheaper and far superior in my opinion.I asked the lady on the Estee Lauder counter if this could be used around eyes.She said no,the company has creams especially for eyes. To me this is a nonsense.We shouldn't have to buy seperate for eyes.All of Paula's serums are recommended for eyes as is the Olay one.Save your money, this is nothing special. I might buy this again if it were half the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2012 3:34:00 PM More reviews by GoodyGoody

I think it's quite active tretment, that's why it causes redness or irritation to some types of skin, but not mine luckily. I was satisfied with the product and purchased it 3 times within a few years. You will feel the difference if you start usung it when the skin is tired or suffered sun expose for too long. I am a serum type of person. I think the serum adds to your daily skin care routine. This serum is one of the best I've ever tried.