April 18, 2014 | 1810 users online

Cleansers - Noxzema - Original Skin Cream

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2011 11:28:00 AM More reviews by ep27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

PROS:
*Reasonable price
*Minimal ingredients

CONS:
*Weird curdled consistency
*Does not remove Revlon Colorstay
*Medicinal smell

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2011 9:53:00 PM More reviews by MsLove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've used many cleansers, and many work well. But I haven't found one quite like this - ever. High end or low end. It is a creamy cleanser that doesnt suds, bubble nothing. Just cream on. You rub it in, with your fingertips or a washcloth (or clarisonic brush works GREAT because it doesnt soak up the cream in the cloth). Afterwards you can leave it on a few minutes to allow the eucalyptus oil to work as an anti bacterial agent. If I scrub with a washcloth, my skin feels very very smooth - if I use my clarisonic, I feel that I am lifting all the dirt out of my pores and the brush always shows what I am getting out. The cream cleans exceptionally welll.

After rinsing off, my skin doesnt feel squeaky clean, which is unusual and took some getting used to for me. Like if I used soap or a sudsy wash, it feels sqeaky afterwards. Not having that feeling may make you think its too oily, and that is because there is oil in this cleanser. It really feels like there is a residue on my face. This is why I first stopped using it. However, once I tried using oil on my face and saw the success with it, I figured why not try this instead of the OCM? After a few days of use, I realized that for me, the residue actually left my skin feeling so soft and clear and hydrated all day, without causing the breakout I was afraid it would cost. I have wacky skin that does what it wants to do when it wants to do it. And this has been working very well for a month.

For the record, I have used Kinerase Gentle (A+), Purity (B), Cetaphil Daily Cleanser (A+), Dessert Essence (A), Aubrey Organics Blue Green Algae (A). Bottom line, there are many good cleansers out there and probably more than one that will work well for you. This one works well for me. I love the price and value, and believe it helps restore the moisture and suppleness we began to lose in our 30s. Its only $5 a jar.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2011 9:13:00 PM More reviews by AshynDae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I actually can't say what makes me love this product so much. I normally try to stick to what's easy and quick and can just slap on and rinse off while I'm in the shower, but after going through three tubs of this stuff already and going through the time and effort of massaging it in and leaving it on for 5-7 minutes every morning after I shower, I still have no intention of switching to anything else. It just does its job, really. It's inexpensive, simple, smells nice, and I absolutely love the way it makes my face tingle during and after I rinse it off. And that tingling never gets old! It tingles the same way now as it did the first day I bought it, and has become just as, if not more, important than my cup of coffee as part of my morning routine. Can't see myself switching to anything else anytime soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2011 3:01:00 AM More reviews by LetsSwap

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

What can I say that hasn't been said? The natural oils do an excellent job of cleaning plus softening my face. A big tub of minty whipped cleanser mmmmmmm :) It feels cool and refreshing and the smell brings back memories of the good old teenage days, lol.
But seriously, this cleanser works awesome with a washcloth, with your hands, with Clarisonic, etc. This cleanser makes washing off makeup less of a chore and more of a treat :) plus you can't beat the price! Will always have this one around.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2011 11:29:00 AM More reviews by ally21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I have oily/acne prone skin so this product didn't work the best on my skin. After I washed my face with it, my skin still felt oily and I like to have that fresh, clean feeling. However, I exfoliate a couple times a week so I found that if I exfoliate my face and then wash it with this product after my face feels really clean but also moisturized. I think this is a great product for people with dry skin, but it didn't work the best for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2011 5:16:00 AM More reviews by blueroses99

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Leaves your skin feeling truly clean and soft. It may be old but it's reliable. This paired with an exfoliante is golden. My only complaint is the smell...not exactly a bed of roses. Not horrific. Just that classic noxzema smell.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2011 12:03:00 PM More reviews by ser289

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used to buy facial cleansers all the time trying to find one that I could use everyday that would not eventually irritate my skin. Noxzema is it! I bought it because my Mother always told me that her Grandmother used this product and had the best skin. I figured it couldn't be bad if it has been around for so many years. Noxzema cleanses wonderfully and leaves me with baby smooth, not dried out, skin. I started out with the travel size, just to be sure I liked the product and have since purchased the big tub for less that $5. For that price you really can't go wrong!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2011 9:19:00 AM More reviews by BloodHound

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used this as a young child, maybe 8 years old. I had a cousin with acne which I didn't have, but wanted to do things like my older cousin. I remember the first time I smelled it and loved it. I don't use it at night but each morning to just freshen up and splash away. It's fabulous and leaves less shiny areas than soap. It's a perfect start each morning. Summers with Noxema rubbed on your sunburned shoulders, or smelling it on someone else's after their mother applied it was just wonderful. The scent is the best and cleanest smelling. I believe people would even buy this as an eau de toilette if they like smell of Noxema! I would and have always loved it. Some reviews say it's changed and have had responses that say it hasn't. Sometimes just the amount of a very same ingredient can change everything, we all know this. I hope it's still exactly the same. Too bad about this. ...

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2011 9:56:00 PM More reviews by missxlkt

i love this stuff . it makes my face feel really good it tingles which i love in products & i feel like it really does deep clean your pores . it leaves your face feeling nice & fresh (:

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2011 9:41:00 PM More reviews by EveAmaranthe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is by far my favorite cleanser, ever. Although it's a moisturizing cream, it cleared my skin instead of making it break out. I used to get four or five painful blemishes at a time, but now that I've started exfoliating every other day and using this product twice a day, breakouts are rare.