September 20, 2014 | 1207 users online

Cleansers - Noxzema - Original Skin Cream

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2011 1:27:00 AM More reviews by SoWhatWhoCares

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

OMG, this is so fun to use!

I was bored so I was perusing reviews when I cam accross the reviews for this product, which I used to use when I was 13 or 14.

I have no memory of how it worked then, but I felt so grown up and ladylike using it, so I have a nostalgic attachment to this, even though everything I know about skincare tells me this can't be good for the face (too harsh with the fragrant oils).

Nonetheless, I decided to try it again. Unfortunately, as others have noted, this leaves a greasy film on the face.

But oh how fun it is to use! It feels awesome on my skin (which is sensitive) and the smell is so satisfying! Because of this, I may use this as a precleanser (the way I use oil), but I will have to use this on a full makeup day to know if it works for that purpose.

I can't imagine this could be good for anyone who has ever had aclogged pore unless they use another cleanser afterwards.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2011 8:23:00 PM More reviews by xkeepitugly

I can't tell you how much I love this product. It has reduced the size and redness of many a pimple in my teenage years, and for that I am eternally grateful. The smell is worse than anything I have ever smelled in my life, but I can't bring myself to give it less than 5 lippies because not only does it work so well (and has been reliable for so many years), it's almost nostalgic for me whenever I use it.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/10/2011 8:15:00 PM More reviews by jananaz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

Horrifyingly bad. What possessed me to buy this stuff was that I remembered using it as a teenager at summer camp. I don't remember it being spectacular, but I think I bought it out of a sense of nostalgia more than anything. What I liked about this stuff:
- cheap
- no complaints about the packaging, just a tub with a cap
- does a decent job of cleaning
What I did not like:
- took a lot of rinsing to feel like I got the residue off my face
- feels like toothpaste on your face (and smells a bit like it too)
- don't put it anywhere near a sunburn or skin irritation = eeks!
Won't be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2011 2:13:00 PM More reviews by cvoor

Old stand by...mother and grandmother both used this. Feels so cool on your face, feels clean, and love love the smell.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2011 11:31:00 PM More reviews by sgaylie

Amazing for healing up sunburns!!! Works much better than aloe! I burn very easily... lobster style. I put this stuff on and it's gone in a couple days without any peeling. It's a miracle!
As a cleanser, it dries my facial skin out too much and that tingly feeling is quite irritating but I have very sensitive, dry skin .

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2011 10:25:00 AM More reviews by pandafever

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

When it comes to makeup, moisturizers, shampoos, etc... I am usually not very loyal. Noxzema however is different.
I have very sensitive, combo skin (dryness in the winter, and oilier skin in the summer). Noxzema is one of those products I can use all year. I have been loyally washing my face with this for years and I get many complements on my skin. It never irritates, it feels refreshing, it removes all of my makeup, and it has a moisturizing quality that makes my skin feel very soft after I use it.
It is also very multipurpose. I will use it to heal the occasional blemish by washing my face with it, and then putting a dab on the blemish to help it heal while I am sleeping. It can also be used as a mask, just put a somewhat thick layer on your face, let it dry and then rinse. I use it as a moisturizer at night by rubbing a little onto my face, neck or hands (like I would a lotion) for super smooth skin when I wake up in the morning. I have also heard of some women using it as a primer, but that is not something I will probably try because of the smell. I don't mind the eucalyptus/menthol smell, but it is very strong and I don't want to smell like medicine when I am out and about.
Anyway, over all I LOVE this product.

2/7/14
Still using Noxzema! Accidentally bought the Noxzema with additional moisture and that works well too! If you don't like the strong smell of the Original you should try that version instead. However, once I use the added moisture version up I will probably repurchase the Original Noxzema. I am one of those people who really likes that strong menthol smell.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2011 8:51:00 AM More reviews by amanda23

If this happens to work for you, good on you. I wanted so badly for this to work and initially, it seemed like it was working. After a few weeks of denial, I've had to stop using it due to comedal acne it was causing on my forehead and hairline. There was no denying it was from this. Too bad, I felt it was helping with wrinkles.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2011 9:22:00 PM More reviews by voodoochick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

Been in and out of my life since my teen years and I ALWAYS come back to what works the best....Those with sensitive skin might find there is a stinging sensation d/t the ingredients but tfor those of us who can take it you will find no other like it.

There's a reason why this stuff has been around so long...it works.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2011 9:05:00 PM More reviews by jbellcsw

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Have been using Noxzema Original for the last two years, after a series of experiments with pricey "anti-aging" facial cleansers. My skin has never looked better, has completely eliminated breakouts, leaves my skin glowing! Sometimes the classics really do work best!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2011 12:36:00 PM More reviews by karebear87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't know what it is about this stuff.....it's always been in my bathroom cabinet and is always great to come back to when something else doesn't work.

Normally, moisturzing type cleansers make my already very oily skin feel even greasier (and encourage shine faster), but this stuff never has. It's almost as if fighting fire with fire (or oil with moisture) actually helps the problem?!