July 24, 2014 | 1040 users online

Cleansers - Noxzema - Original Skin Cream

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2011 8:51:00 AM More reviews by amanda23

If this happens to work for you, good on you. I wanted so badly for this to work and initially, it seemed like it was working. After a few weeks of denial, I've had to stop using it due to comedal acne it was causing on my forehead and hairline. There was no denying it was from this. Too bad, I felt it was helping with wrinkles.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2011 9:22:00 PM More reviews by voodoochick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

Been in and out of my life since my teen years and I ALWAYS come back to what works the best....Those with sensitive skin might find there is a stinging sensation d/t the ingredients but tfor those of us who can take it you will find no other like it.

There's a reason why this stuff has been around so long...it works.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2011 9:05:00 PM More reviews by jbellcsw

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Have been using Noxzema Original for the last two years, after a series of experiments with pricey "anti-aging" facial cleansers. My skin has never looked better, has completely eliminated breakouts, leaves my skin glowing! Sometimes the classics really do work best!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2011 12:36:00 PM More reviews by karebear87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't know what it is about this stuff.....it's always been in my bathroom cabinet and is always great to come back to when something else doesn't work.

Normally, moisturzing type cleansers make my already very oily skin feel even greasier (and encourage shine faster), but this stuff never has. It's almost as if fighting fire with fire (or oil with moisture) actually helps the problem?!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2011 3:08:00 PM More reviews by jarona

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is one of the products I remember very well from childhood and on. My mother used to slather me in it when I had a bad sunburn (yes--the olden days when we were unaware of the damage the sun could do) since I was the only child out of 5 in our family who got burned really badly. Anyway, my mother used to use this to cleanse her face and gave the advise to me and my sisters to do the same. I can remember using this on my face as a teen, but not regularly because the camphor odor was just too much.

I see that they've changed the ingredients these days. Honestly, I'm hesitant to use it. I'll stick to Crisco to remove my makeup and aloe vera to soothe my sunburn.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2011 8:16:00 PM More reviews by sarahjovan

I have used Noxema all my life instead of soap and people constantly compliment me on my skin. However, I will not purchase this product again, now that they have added phenol to it... a caustic substance. As another reviewer wrote, I also feel that the packaging is deceitful, saying that it is the original deep cleansing cream, when it is not (although I read they had phenol in it in the past). They have added many undesireable ingredients and taken out much of the menthol. they have had to add a precaution to avoid the eyes, which was on the package a year ago. No wonder, with the dangerous ingredients they added. WHY DID THEY HAVE TO GO AND SPOIL A GOOD THING?? Frustrating. I will not buy it again.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2011 10:16:00 AM More reviews by bingo8093

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This really doesn't do anything for me. I suppose it made my skin look a bit more luminous, but besides that, nothing. The price is fine, it's around $4 for a big tub that can last for months. This didn't leave residue on my face or my sink/hands like others complained about, but it didn't give me any results either.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/25/2011 8:53:00 PM More reviews by corrie8

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The formula must have changed and it is for the worst. The product.doesn't leave my skin feeling as soft and moisturized. The smell makes me ill. I have used Noxzema for forty years. I taught my daughters its advantages. If the store didn't have Noxzema brand, I either came back or went to another store.

Yesterday I purchased my first jar of Rite Aid Brand of this face cleaner.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/25/2011 4:05:00 PM More reviews by FlannyCupcake

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been purchasing this product on and off for over 15 years and I always come back to it. I recently purchased this again and to my surprise the texture has changed and so has the packing (still a tub)! The texture really lives up to it's name, skin CREAM. It doesn't have the curddle (as a previous post stated) feel to it. If you haven't tried Noxzema in a while give it another try, you might like it.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2011 7:12:00 PM More reviews by Neaaen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Blue

First off I hate tub packaging. I liked the smell initially, but I got the flu a while back and whenever I'd smell this i'd barf. Now I can't smell it anymore. Besides, this made me break out on my cheeks.