Redken Hair Cleansing Cream

4.5

Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauryl Glucoside, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sodium Chloride, Glycol Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Phenoxyethanol, PPG 5 Ceteth 20, Fragrance, Pentasodium Pentetate, Limonene, Methylparaben, Citric Acid, DMDM Hydantoin, Stearic Acid, Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract, Amino Methyl Propanol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Wheat Amino Acid, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citrus Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract

on 6/17/2009 8:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Me: grey hair with white streaks. Situation: had a few more highlites put into the front part of my head.. to even out the back which is whiter.. yes! I stopped coloring my hair and it is salt and pepper/white!

Anyway, the salon put in the highlites and they came out yellowish!! EEk... then they put on a wash which they promised would remove the yellow.. and Triple EEEEEK.. it came out purplish:((... I was mortified but they gave me this shampoo as a consolation prize and I was told to use it the next morning and leave it on for 5 minutes.. A small drop did the trick. It removed the purple and left my highlites gleaming white and the rest of my hair feeling fantastic.. I LOVE THIS STUFF!!

Tomorrow I will use my Phyto shampoo for white hair, and it will continue to look perfect.. oh yes, I want to be like Meryl Streep in the Devil wears Prada.. lol.

on 6/8/2009 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is a great clarifying shampoo. I use it twice a week to remove all the build up from products. I actually let it sit on hair for about 15-20 minutes. It does not leave my hair dry or course like other clarifying shampoo used in the past.

on 5/15/2009 2:26:00 PM

HG among clarifying shampoos!!! I have very dry hair and this is the only clarifying shapoo that doesn´t strip them. It actually makes my hair bouncier. LOVE IT!

on 5/10/2009 10:46:00 AM

My HG for clarifying shampoos. It does its buildup removal job well yet strips minimum moisture from my hair. It leaves my hair light and shiny after washing. The real test comes from my bf. When I first met him, he has gloopy, sticky hair which will leave a waxy feel on my fingers whenever I run through his hair. Found out that it's due to his hair styling products buildup and hair treatment product which is too oily for his hair. So I lent him my Redken for one usage and he kept telling me how his hair is so light and clean again, and he kept touching his own hair!

on 5/8/2009 2:59:00 AM

This shampoo is AMAZING. It's a build up remover, but I wish I could use it daily since it makes my hair feel so good!.
Everytime I use this (Every 15 days or so) my hair feels like SILK, super shiny and tangle free! (Which is something I dont get everyday as I have long fine hair).
I follow this with a moisturizing deep conditioner and I have a good hair day guaranteed.
IME this doesnt strip color at all and it's pretty mild for a clarifying shampoo yet very effective.
Greatness.

on 4/28/2009 1:13:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've been using this every two weeks for the last year -- lately once a week. I actually look forward to using it because my hair always feels different after I use it: it's clean, shiny, silky, and all other cliche shampoo commercial adjectives you could think of. And I have a lot of thick, damaged hair. I've used several other conditioners and treatments along with it and I always see a difference when I use this.

I'm still on my first bottle after all this time, maybe because I don't use it as often as my other shampoos -- so I think the price is well worth it. On top of everything else I like the creamy texture and citrus scent. If you use a fair amount of product in your hair over the week, I'd definitely recommend this as a weekly replacement for your usual shampoo.

on 4/20/2009 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Just bought last night, used it one time and am in love with this product already. Actually made my hair shiny I think?

on 4/19/2009 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I use so many hair products in a week that I have to clarify once a week to remove any build-up. This smells like a grapefruit and it was surprisingly very gentle to my hair and left it clean, not stripped. I could feel a difference upon rinsing. I bought this on sale for 13 bucks, so it is a bit pricey, but it was worth it. You only need a little bit to get the job done, and I mostly concentrate on my scalp to avoid harming the ends of my hair. Update: This is my HG hair clarifier. I ended up buying the liter from Ulta since I love it so much. I feel like this gives me the best clean slate for the week. All the styling products, hair oils, treatments, etc.. are removed without overly stripping my hair. Will continue to repurchase over and over again.

I bought this on the strength of the reviews on MUA and was not disappointed. I've not long had a baby and whilst my hair was fabulous and thick when pregnant, it has started falling out big time and is SO lacklustre. This shampoo cleaned my hair effectively and is excellent. It does not thicken or improve condition really, but as my hair is so clean, it looks better. Highly recommended.

on 2/15/2009 8:11:00 PM

WO-HOOOW!!! Man was I washing my hair until this? Hands down, this is the best clarifying shampoo you can get that won't give you a discoloured bunch of straw for hair. It is based on AHA and enzymes, therefore it clears away the styling products and mineral deposits on the hair and scalp by changing the pH of the cleansing process. It is a very clever formulation because they don't use harsh surfactants or natural oils that can irritate the scalp. Because it is acidic, it clarifies and seals the hairshaft. I noticed that the flaking of my scalp is gone after a single wash.

Popular Shampoos