December 19, 2014 | 1100 users online

Shampoo - Redken - Hair Cleansing Cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2009 11:13:00 AM More reviews by lchoe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Another wonderful product that I bought due to the MUA reviews. Previous clarifying shampoos seemed to strip my hair and didn't feel as luxurious and pampering as this shampoo! I was rinsing my hair with apple cider vinegar every 2 weeks in the past to get rid of build-up but this shampoo is much more of a treat (w/o that vinegar scent thank goodness)! I enjoy the scent, luxurious thick lather and my hair feels wonderful. I almost wish I could use this more than once a week.

For any of you worried that this shampoo is harmful to your hair color, I have absolute proof that this shampoo does NOT strip your color. A friend accidentally dyed her way too dark (she was mortified) & was looking up options to take out the color (internet research, asking friends, etc.). I suggested that she use this shampoo as it's a "clarifying" shampoo so maybe it can removed some of the day old color. She bought & tried the shampoo that night. Next day, not ONE BIT of color had been removed BUT her hair was SO MUCH SHINIER! Even she noticed that :-).

I alternate this shampoo with my: Frederic Fekkai More Shampoo, Keratase Bain Miroir 1 & 2 Shampoos (my staples).
I have fine (but lots of it) long (5" past shoulders), black, stick straight, Korean hair. Slightly oily scalp with dry ends. I also use: Joico (K-Pak deep conditioners), Redken (Extreme Conditioner) along with the Kerastase products.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2009 3:58:00 PM More reviews by spaige411

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this clarifying shampoo!
Most clarifying shampoos smell medicinal but this has a nice citrus smell and a nice cream texture. Cleans well but your hair doesn't feel striped!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2008 6:46:00 PM More reviews by Lizziemc

I first used this when my hair was highlighted with medium blonde and coppper highlights, and loved it. It doesn't feel like it's drying your hair out, and getting rid of the buildup from the products I use really put the bounce back into my curls. HOWEVER I've just used this after having had my hair highlighted the other day with lighter blonde highlights, and I'm really disappointed - my hair feels great but the blonde has gone from a lovely white colour to the yellow-y dark blond I usually get when I'm overdue for a colouring. It's wierd, the copper highlights still look ok but the blonde for some reason looks much darker than it did before I washed - hopefully a toner will help, otherwise I just wasted $150 at the hairdressers!. UPDATE: I still use this occasionally to get rid of buildup but am careful NOT to use it until at least a week after getting my highlights done. And I find using Redken's Pure Pearl treatment after helps in restoring the brightness to my blond.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2008 2:15:00 AM More reviews by lnoel4274

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

WOW...this stuff is great! I am mixed with porous/frizzy hair. My hair isn't kinky, but very fine, poofy and curly. I never really gave much thought to the need of a clarifying shampoo as my main focus has always been moisturize, moisturize, deep condition, repair, moisturize, deep condition, leave-in cond, moisturize, moisturize, moisturize!!!( you get the idea). Never once did I think about build-up or the griminess of my hair. I would rather my hair be an oil slick over the natural "poofy-ness" of my hair anyway, but man, after one use of this shampoo my hair is literally gleaming in the mirror! It doesn't feel stripped or haggard, it actually feels...LUSH! I lathered up twice and then I followed up with All Soft Heavy Cream and my hair feels like it is just loving life right now!! I think I actually heard my scalp take it's first breath of fresh air in a lonnnnng time!! LOL

I will definitely be using this on a bi-weekly basis as a refresher for my hair and to prevent further styling product build-up

BTW, in my opinion, the scent has a faint Orange cream-sicle himn to it. Nothing overpowering or unpleasant...it's only been about 15 min since my wash and I can barely smell it anymore- I would actually prefer a more powerful scent- something a little more "soapy".

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2008 11:10:00 AM More reviews by tycho12

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I rediscovered an old favorite. Back in the early 90's, Redken made a product called "hair cleansing cream". As I recall, it was a buildup remover that was not a shampoo. It worked great at removing product and mineral buildup.

Fast forward to now, and I was looking for a better clarifier. Our water has lots of iron and calcium- you can see the buildup in a humidifier after just one use. So, I figured buildup of minerals was causing my dry ends and strands. I used this shampoo, left it on 5 min, rinsed. My hair was clean, not squeaky and not dried out. I followed it with an overnight Thriven treatment and my hair bounced back perfectly. Clean, shiny, better curl, much less dryness. Not an everyday shampoo! But use it once a week if you use silicones, less often if your issue is just hard water. Follow with a deep treatment.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2008 9:37:00 PM More reviews by esissan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

This shampoo is pretty good. It clarifies/ chelates very well without making my hair feel stripped at all. My hair feels moist and clean after using this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2008 1:44:00 AM More reviews by roarwoman

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Gotta follow the chow crowd on this one. I use this almost all of the time, and when I don't I always come back to it. The products retails for $14/CDN and lathers up real nice. I'm not crazy about the smell, but once I apply all of my other styling products, all traces are gone. Gives my hair color extra life, and cleanses the hair without stripping it, like some "color protecting" shamp's do. Also use the conditioner, but that is another review.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2008 11:25:00 AM More reviews by Li08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I recently got my hair highlighted, the style demands a lot of product and within a week I could see the build-up affecting the colour. I was using Jason Protein Shampoo and Pantene Clarifying Shampoo, both are very drying. THIS in comparison is fantastically cleansing, and I feel that as part of a new routine it could repair some of the damage done to my hair. I'm not so sure about the smell (it reminds me of Calpol) but in Combination with conditioner WOW, it really gets soaked up. My hair looks light and happy, so I'm happy

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2008 9:27:00 AM More reviews by windchijmes

I have a very oily scalp and dry ends. Usually I use a daily shampoo just for that, but now and then I need something a lot stronger to control my scalp.

After reading the reviews on this site, I decided to go get this product, and I've not looked back since! This cleansing cream cleanses thoroughly (like squeaky clean thoroughly) but without drying the rest of my hair out.

However, I do reccomend the use of a conditioner afterward (I use a hair masque) because I think the hair will be in the best condition to absorb the hydration. Also, for people with not-so-oily hair, the conditioner will be necessary to ensure your hair is not dried out afterward.

Now I use the product twice a week, and I have every intention to purchase it again!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2008 10:40:00 PM More reviews by twiztedelle

I love it, I have never gotten anything out of shampoo but dry hair. This makes my hair shiny and squeaky clean. Its great.