November 23, 2014 | 2180 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2010 4:35:00 AM More reviews by martas777

This cleanser makes my skin feel dry. It cleanse the skin well but do not try to remove eye make up with this. Oh my god it made my eyes itchy and burning red. Overall I didn't like it and will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2010 4:13:00 AM More reviews by Adrianlu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been using this to take off lighter make up and also sometimes as a morning cleanser when my skin is drier. This takes off makeup well and I follow it with Clinique's mild liquid facial cleanser at night. Beautiful feeling creamy lather, no fragrance and does not dry out my skin. Also has not caused breakouts or rashes on my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2010 11:50:00 PM More reviews by CourtneyEuphoric

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this cleanser I use it as a skin makeup remover I really like the lather its really soft even b4 the 3step system my skin looks great if u don't wear makeup u don't need to pre wash but if u do wear face makeup and u only wash your face once you r only removing your makeup not cleasing your skin but with the 3 steps this paticular cleanser is not a must u could use any cleanser since you would be following with the 3 steps anyway but I do love this one myself

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2009 5:33:00 PM More reviews by SweetDecadence

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

This product does exactly what I needed it for. It removes make up effctively and sunscreen effectively before you use your cleanser.

I did find that it removed heavy makeup with ease both eye and facial. (Illamasqua "Rich Liquid Foundation" anyone?) The sales rep said to use on some cotton wool but instead i chose too wet my face and hands then put a small 5p amount on my finger tip. Rub it between your hands then onto your face. I found it worked quite well using this method.

That being said there are cons to this product. It's rather costly for such a simple make up remover. I got a feeling I'll be able to find something similar,cheaper elsewhere. It does leave that slight greasy feel to the skin after you've washed it off, but it is a pre cleanse, so I follow it up with a Mario Badescu cleanser. It burns like hell if you get it in your eyes, which will happen when your, you know, trying to take off Mascara.

That being said I overall find this product, while good at what it does is is too expensive for such a simple cleanser. I will probably not repurchase this after i've used it up.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/12/2009 11:16:00 AM More reviews by an9979

This left a lot of makeup residue on my face. For a higher end brand, I was very dissappointed. Neutrogena facial cleansers work better than this. When Clinique says I need two cleansers -- that I should use this first and then another one afterwards -- I am not foolish enough to believe this. They are making more money off of you by selling you additional products. A facial cleanser should do one thing: CLEAN YOUR FACE. You should not have to buy two different ones and go through the effort of having to wash twice. I suppose you could just lather up two times, and it may do the job. I'm not gonna waste my time.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2009 5:48:00 PM More reviews by kimberm828

This product isn't so bad. At first I made the mistake of just using this as a cleanser and I did nothing afterwards. Thankfully I didnt break out, because it wasn't until I read other reviews that I discovered it is meant to be used as a makeup remover. This "cleanser" does a really good job at that. All I do is put a dab on each section of my face, lather, and am amazed at how much makeup it removes. It really preps your face for washing with a real cleanser which is great. The down side is that it does make your face feel a bit tight and get dry, which is why I only use this at night so I can properly moisturize. I will not repurchase simply because 18.50 is a lot for me right now.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2009 4:51:00 PM More reviews by itismebutterfly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

used it yesterday only once but ALREADY in love with it. absolutely wonderful. NOW i will stop buying some random ones for once and this cleanser is going to be my one and only makeup removing product.

i use it for taking off my mascara,tinted moisturizer with some lose powder....that is all....after i use scrub and some other cleanser as like an after-finish.

it DOESN'T burn your eyes. why other people decide to say i am not sure.....it s super nice and barery feel JUST LIKE ANY other cleansers when washeing your face.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2009 12:41:00 AM More reviews by blushie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tried this from a sample bottle this morning, since my skin has been dry lately and I didn't want to exacerbate the problem with my normal salycylic cleanser. It feels so creamy and moisturising when you're lathering, and I was hoping it would leave my skin feeling soft and moisturised. But when I rinsed it off, my skin felt tight and stripped, like I had washed it with plain old soap! I may as well have used my normal cleanser since it never makes my skin feel that dry. It was fine after I moisturised, and it did make my skin feel and look clean, but I would not buy a full size bottle when the results are the same as a cheapy DS cleanser.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2009 5:34:00 PM More reviews by lots2luv

I am on my second tube of this. I use it before my 3 step skincare to take off my makeup. I have Rosacea but this does not irritate my skin at all. I prefer this over Estee Lauders foaming cleanser. The price is a little high $18.50, but it isn't to bad because it will last forever. It makes my skin feel a little tight, but that isn't a problem because I use their DDL afterwards. I would recommend this cleanser. I will buy it over & over again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2009 10:06:00 AM More reviews by PattyLovesMakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Hazel

WARNING: DO NOT USE FOR YOUR EYEMAKEUP!. If you get it in your eyes, oh lord does it hurt. Now on for the review, I love this stuff. It cuts down my makeup removal time in half. I use this first then I remove more makeup. I already purchased another bottle. You do not need a whole lot, it will leave a drying feeling on your face. Just apply a decent amount and you will see makeup coming off.