September 2, 2014 | 1651 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2010 11:50:00 PM More reviews by CourtneyEuphoric

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this cleanser I use it as a skin makeup remover I really like the lather its really soft even b4 the 3step system my skin looks great if u don't wear makeup u don't need to pre wash but if u do wear face makeup and u only wash your face once you r only removing your makeup not cleasing your skin but with the 3 steps this paticular cleanser is not a must u could use any cleanser since you would be following with the 3 steps anyway but I do love this one myself

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2009 5:33:00 PM More reviews by SweetDecadence

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

This product does exactly what I needed it for. It removes make up effctively and sunscreen effectively before you use your cleanser.

I did find that it removed heavy makeup with ease both eye and facial. (Illamasqua "Rich Liquid Foundation" anyone?) The sales rep said to use on some cotton wool but instead i chose too wet my face and hands then put a small 5p amount on my finger tip. Rub it between your hands then onto your face. I found it worked quite well using this method.

That being said there are cons to this product. It's rather costly for such a simple make up remover. I got a feeling I'll be able to find something similar,cheaper elsewhere. It does leave that slight greasy feel to the skin after you've washed it off, but it is a pre cleanse, so I follow it up with a Mario Badescu cleanser. It burns like hell if you get it in your eyes, which will happen when your, you know, trying to take off Mascara.

That being said I overall find this product, while good at what it does is is too expensive for such a simple cleanser. I will probably not repurchase this after i've used it up.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/12/2009 11:16:00 AM More reviews by an9979

This left a lot of makeup residue on my face. For a higher end brand, I was very dissappointed. Neutrogena facial cleansers work better than this. When Clinique says I need two cleansers -- that I should use this first and then another one afterwards -- I am not foolish enough to believe this. They are making more money off of you by selling you additional products. A facial cleanser should do one thing: CLEAN YOUR FACE. You should not have to buy two different ones and go through the effort of having to wash twice. I suppose you could just lather up two times, and it may do the job. I'm not gonna waste my time.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2009 5:48:00 PM More reviews by kimberm828

This product isn't so bad. At first I made the mistake of just using this as a cleanser and I did nothing afterwards. Thankfully I didnt break out, because it wasn't until I read other reviews that I discovered it is meant to be used as a makeup remover. This "cleanser" does a really good job at that. All I do is put a dab on each section of my face, lather, and am amazed at how much makeup it removes. It really preps your face for washing with a real cleanser which is great. The down side is that it does make your face feel a bit tight and get dry, which is why I only use this at night so I can properly moisturize. I will not repurchase simply because 18.50 is a lot for me right now.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2009 4:51:00 PM More reviews by itismebutterfly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

used it yesterday only once but ALREADY in love with it. absolutely wonderful. NOW i will stop buying some random ones for once and this cleanser is going to be my one and only makeup removing product.

i use it for taking off my mascara,tinted moisturizer with some lose powder....that is all....after i use scrub and some other cleanser as like an after-finish.

it DOESN'T burn your eyes. why other people decide to say i am not sure.....it s super nice and barery feel JUST LIKE ANY other cleansers when washeing your face.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2009 12:41:00 AM More reviews by blushie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tried this from a sample bottle this morning, since my skin has been dry lately and I didn't want to exacerbate the problem with my normal salycylic cleanser. It feels so creamy and moisturising when you're lathering, and I was hoping it would leave my skin feeling soft and moisturised. But when I rinsed it off, my skin felt tight and stripped, like I had washed it with plain old soap! I may as well have used my normal cleanser since it never makes my skin feel that dry. It was fine after I moisturised, and it did make my skin feel and look clean, but I would not buy a full size bottle when the results are the same as a cheapy DS cleanser.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2009 5:34:00 PM More reviews by lots2luv

I am on my second tube of this. I use it before my 3 step skincare to take off my makeup. I have Rosacea but this does not irritate my skin at all. I prefer this over Estee Lauders foaming cleanser. The price is a little high $18.50, but it isn't to bad because it will last forever. It makes my skin feel a little tight, but that isn't a problem because I use their DDL afterwards. I would recommend this cleanser. I will buy it over & over again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2009 10:06:00 AM More reviews by PattyLovesMakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Hazel

WARNING: DO NOT USE FOR YOUR EYEMAKEUP!. If you get it in your eyes, oh lord does it hurt. Now on for the review, I love this stuff. It cuts down my makeup removal time in half. I use this first then I remove more makeup. I already purchased another bottle. You do not need a whole lot, it will leave a drying feeling on your face. Just apply a decent amount and you will see makeup coming off.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2009 8:02:00 PM More reviews by NuttyPoo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

A little goes a long way.... ESPECIALLY for Clinique's Rinse-off Foaming Cleanser. The more you use, the more you will end up drying your face make it sensitive & stingy.
Uh ladies, you do NOT use a facial cleanser to remove eye make-up & if you do, use an actual make up remover before cleansing your face. This cleanser leaves my skin very fresh & clean after using it without any left over residue. I notice that if I use too much, my toner will sting my face a bit after or burn. This is a very strong cleanser that produces a very rich & thick foamy lather. I love that but that also makes me want to use more product the create even more lather... obsessive, I know!
Always leave your cleanser on for a good 30 seconds before rinsing it off to break up the make up on your face.This cleanser will do that effortlessly. And just in case of stripping too much oils/mositure from your face, use your toner while your face is still damp from the rinse. While your toner is drying, apply your moisturizer on. The toner/water will make your lotion/cream spread more easily & you will use less cream/lotion. Your skin should feel fresh, clean & moisturized after. I've been doing this & using the Rinse-off Foaming Cleanser for the past 4 years & my skin has never reacted bad to it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2009 7:28:00 PM More reviews by leah1980

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this product! Will take off even the heaviest eye makeup. A little goes a long way. I use it beofre my 3 step skin care...which makes it more of a 4 step:) Great product and I will always use it!