Clean & Clear blackhead eraser scrub

2.7

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) (Acne medication). Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cetyl Alcohol, PPG 15 Stearyl Ether, Polyethylene, Microcrystalline Wax, Steareth 21, Polysorbate 60, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Xanthan Gum, Fragrance, Menthyl Lactate, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Jojoba Esters

on 9/4/2008 11:06:00 PM

I used some of my roommate's a couple times and it seemed to exfoliate well and made my face feel refreshed. When I finally bought my own.. it just feels tacky on my skin, doesnt do much, and started making me break out. Maybe it's just better to use other people's things! heh. In any case, it really doesnt do much for blackheads. I won't be repurchasing.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this when I ran out of my beloved St. Ives Medicated Apricot Scrub, which my local Walgreens stopped carrying for some weird reason (it is a popular product!). The Clean & Clear version was equally inexpensive. That is the only similarity it has to the St. Ives product.

First of all, the little scrubbing beads are few and far between. There is little or no scrubbing action going on; the stuff feels like someone put 5 grains of barley in a tub of cold cream and called it a scrub. Second, the product is very creamy and hard to rinse off, and it doesn't remove makeup worth a darn. I rinsed and rinsed, and still portions of my face felt slimy, as if coated with hair conditioner.

It does contain 2% salicylic acid, which it itself a chemical exfoliant, so all is not lost. But really, St. Ives is just head and shoulders above this in every regard. It scrubs the skin to a rosy glow and rinses much more easily.

on 7/11/2008 11:58:00 AM

I use this about 3-4 times a week before bed. It does not remove existing blackheads! So for that, I removed one lippie. It does however, work great as a scrub. No breakouts, no irritations since I have been using it. And my face benefits from the exfoliating effects of the scrub/beads. Will continue to buy.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This did not clear my blackheads. It just tore up my face with its harsh beads. NOT WORTH IT.

on 5/21/2008 2:29:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

this works for blackheads. it's not miraculous though. nothing special. i would buy if i ran out b/c it does help and i use it every so often.

on 5/16/2008 2:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Blackhead clearing? If you're hoping this will remove existing blackheads - then i would say no it doesnt - it didnt budge any of mine that's for sure! But seriously, is there really such thing as a product that removes blackheads?? It seems to me that squeezing them is the only way to get the suckers out! So I've rated this poorly for false advertising.
If they renamed this and sold it on the basis of it just being a gently exfoliating scrub then I would rate it higher and recommend it. I do really like the tingling/freshening menthol feeling it gives on my skin - at least it feels like it's getting into those pores and clearing them out, even if it isnt!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I used this for a while. It is non irritating but doesnt do much for blackheads. Nice smell though!

on 3/30/2008 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this product hoping it would do something for the blackheads on my nose. Suffice it to say, this product is overly marketed by its commercials. It kind of doubles as an exfoliator. I was still breaking out all over my T-zone with this. I used this until I could find something else.

Did nothing for me--too harsh, dried out my skin, barely cleaned anything off my face, and didn't budge my blackheads at all.

on 3/19/2008 2:33:00 AM

So I was hoping this was going to help with my blackhead problem. Wrong. I used this with the astringent... still no improvement. The scrubbing beads were too small and did not do a good job of exfoliating. The cleanser did nothing for me. It did not help in clearing pimples. I used this for 2 weeks and saw no improvement on my face. It later sat on my shelf before I threw it out because it expired.

Popular Scrubs