July 28, 2014 | 1826 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Clinique - Pore Minimizer Instant Perfector

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2009 10:36:00 AM More reviews by mideval

From the time I first used this product, it has done a great job of helping to fill in the large pores on my cheeks. I also use this on my nose, which has a few blackheads I'm struggling to get rid of, and find that it primes my skin nicely for mineral makeup, making everything look a bit smoother and more uniform (small victory, but I'm happy about it!). I use it pretty much every day, and it has never made my sometimes-oily skin any worse, nor has it led to me breaking out. I would be happier if it was a bit cheaper, but it lasts a long time (i'm only on my second tube after 2 years of use), and I'm quite happy to pay the money if it works. Which, luckily for me, it does.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2009 12:31:00 PM More reviews by knightranch

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've tried a zillion primers and mattifiers and keep coming back to Pore Minimizer. This keeps me matter for longer than any other brand, and I like the slight tint that covers imperfections. Does great under makeup and is not greasy or slick at all, very matte. While nothing keeps me oil free, this is my primer HG.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2009 5:08:00 PM More reviews by mandiluk

I'm in love with clinique products and this is def on of their best. I use it after masks or a daily lotion after washing my face. I tend to have a more oily face around my t-zone and forehead and it has def helped reduce the oil. As I continue to use it, my skin has become a lot more smoother and my pores of my cheeks has shrunk. The shrinking has been gradual but def worth the wait.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/23/2009 3:59:00 PM More reviews by rachaelfrem

I was really disappointed in this product. I'm 40, have oily, acne prone skin, and was looking for a primer that would fill in my large pores/scars, help with the oilies, and not break me out. By the third hour or so...my makeup was non-existant. AND, I looked oilier. I've been using Model in a Bottle to help keep my make-up fresh looking all day, which I love, but thought Clinique's product would help with the large pore issue. This product even made Model in a Bottle slide off somehow. I will say however, that I did not break out using Cliniques product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2009 1:13:00 AM More reviews by PaintedBlue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am almost 42...oily skin...visible pores on and around nose and a little on my chin and this is the ONLY stuff that smooths everything out, helps control shine and DOES NOT break my out while doing it.
Been using it for a couple of years and nothing compares. HG!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2009 5:17:00 PM More reviews by leefreizen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have two large pores in the center of my right cheek that stood out on my otherwise smooth skin surface. I have searched the internet for years searching for a product that would successfully hide these two distracting holes on my face. Clinique Pore Minimizer covered them with a white powdery look and made these two pores even more noticeable. Is there a large pore concealer that actually works to cover & completely conceal large open pore sites? Perhaps a translucent pore filler?

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2009 1:19:00 AM More reviews by EternalKudra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Like a lot of people, I'm not a huge Clinique fan, but I bought this because I have giant pores and it had pretty good reviews. I've been using it for quite a while now, and it does what it says. It doesn't make pores invisible, of course, but it does make them a great deal less noticeable. I don't notice oil control properties, but that's not what this product claims to do. My only reservation about it is that I've always been afraid to use it daily for fear of clogging up my pores with it. I'm fine with silicones in general, but it seems to me that anything that fills in your pores in order to mask them would have to eventually clog them with regular use. So, I save this for occasional, I-want-to-look-extra-polished use.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2009 2:21:00 PM More reviews by Loci80015

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ok, so I am not a huge fan of Clinque, but ladies, this is a miracle in a bottle. I am not kidding. For starters, going in an buying it, I wasn't expecting too much. I just tried a whole slue of primers (Smashbox, Korres, PurMinerals, Alison Raffaele, etc). Some worked, some didn't. The ones that did, made me break out like crazy.
Let's face it, there is nothing on this planet that will get rid of large pores, so knowing that fact, I wasn't expecting too much. I was AMAZED what this did to my skin. It didn't diminish the pores completely, but reduced on my nose and right around my nose where my pores are the largest. Even better, when I applied my mineral makeup over it (wait about 1 min after applying the corrector before applying makeup), my pores still remained small!!!! And ladies, we all know that powder-based mineral makeup accentuates even our smallest pores, so I was so surprised how small they looked after applying the powder. I have fair to medium skin and I bought this is dark (there are only two colors, light and dark). It reminds me of my beloved Smashbox bronze primer (which I had to return because it broke me out). It gives my slighty tanned face a very, very subtle bronze glow and it just blends in so easily and sets in nicely.
As far as keeping me matte, it does a decent job. ALL the primers I used in the past made my t-zone MORE oily. I would have to blot every hour on the hour. With this stuff, I don't have to blot until about 4 hours after application. Pretty darn awesome.
The downside? So far so good, but I have not been using this product long enough to see if it will break me out. Like with all the other primers (minus the Korres), their silicone contents would make me break out in little pimples and blackheads. This may do the same, so that could be the potential only downside, but I am keeping my fingers crossed that this won't make me break out. I will update if it disappoints.
UPDATE: Still loving it. I do admit, I have seen a few zits come from this and that is just my luck when I wear silicone-based products and am in the sun. So for ppl like me, I recommend wearing this on occasion or just around where your pores are large.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2009 11:56:00 PM More reviews by LeeleeBell

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have dry skin and all this did for me is create some more dry patches. I tried using it every which way...under and over foundation (I always apply moisturizer before foundation btw)...
and no matter what, it just wouldn't work for me. I am sad about that because I heard so many raves and would really like to find a product that minimizes my pores. This wasn't a good option for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2009 8:23:00 PM More reviews by hlancaster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

WOW! That is all I have to say...seriously. My skin is usually oily, but medications I'm on recently have made it become somewhat normal. Over the past year or so I have noticed my pores have gotten larger ALL over my face, especially on my cheeks and forehead. I have no idea why this is as my skincare regimen hasn't changed, but I'm assuming it's from my skin producing more oil than normal over the past year. I've been on a mission to find something to camoflauge these very large pores for sometime now..and have been very disappointed up until now. I purchased this just a few days ago and it does wonders at making my pores appear smaller. I tried Clarins Instant Pore Perfector and it did an okay job, but didn't hide them completely..still good though. But this...this is HG material for me! I would marry this wonderful little tube of magic if I could! ;-)