April 17, 2014 | 1801 users online

Bronzers - New York Color - Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder in Sunny 720

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 9/14/2012 10:58:00 PM More reviews by MrsFeige

after hearing everyone rave about this "perfect bronzer for paler skin tones" on youtube, i rushed out to find it. and it was a hunt. i finally found it, after looking at 8 drugstores and 3 walmarts,in the clearance bin at target for a dollar. ive had it for about 3 months. and when they say good for pale skin they mean it, i cant wear it in spring or summer. im too dark. and it seems to have an orange undertone. or it oxidizes quickly.

its certainly not my favorite bronzer but for a fair(and i mean WHITE) skinned woman this would be fine. especially for a dollar.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2012 3:15:00 PM More reviews by AmyK2005

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this bronzer for a little over a week. I picked it up because I've had a string of crappy bronzer purchases (Flirt!, Maybelline FitMe, & a Physician's Formula) and since everybody on YT seems to love this, I thought I'd give it a try since it is only a few bucks.
Generally, I do really like this. I feel like here at the end of my summer tan, it could stand to be a tad darker but in a few weeks it should be perfect. I like that it is matte, but it doesn't look muddy on my face. It is not too orange, and doesn't oxidize throughout the day. It is versatile enough that I can both use it for contouring and also on my cheekbones. It looks really nice as a contour with CG's Tru Plum cheekers blush on my cheekbones.
The only cruddy thing about it is the packaging. It is a really cheap plastic compact and I'm just waiting for the plastic hinge to snap off. Sometimes too the top doesn't line up with the bottom and makes it a pain to get closed. The cheap sponge that comes with it isn't up to the task of applying the actual bronzer, but I've used it to apply my moisturizer and it works well for that. But since the whole thing is less than 3 bucks I can deal with crummy packaging. : )

rated 2 of 5 on 9/9/2012 2:55:00 PM More reviews by BabyChipmunk2

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I thought that this bronzer would be perfect for me. It's matte, not too dark and extremely cheap. I used it for a few months and just recently saw it in natural daylight and gosh does it look orange on me. It looks absolutely horrible. I threw it out. (I'm an NC 20 for reference) I'm very disappointed with this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2012 3:56:00 PM More reviews by iheartmakeup92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

ABSOLUTLY LOVE!! Would repruchase. This is my favorite drugstore bronzer. Only 4-7 $.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2012 10:47:00 PM More reviews by opie1

This is wonderful-
Light true bronze color- no orange or shimmer
I use this as a quick daytime contour- pop in under my cheekbones and top with a hint of ELF blush in piank passion-
Perfect 5 min face that truly glows but still super natural-
I'm a NW25/30 if that helps

rated 3 of 5 on 8/30/2012 4:12:00 PM More reviews by tanyab78

I'm NW20 or Buff in Revlon CS and this makes me look muddy and orange. I gave it to my sister who is NC15 and I think she uses it, i'm not sure. I'm glad to know I'm not the only NW20/Buff girl here who this doesn't work for. I wish it did because it's amazing pigmentation and $3 is fantastic for how much you get and how great it is. I wish they would come out with a different color that works for girls who Sunny didn't work for. Oh well, for $3 give it a try! :)

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2012 3:30:00 PM More reviews by fychen

I love this bronzer. It is matte, so none of those glitters that some other bronzers have! The color goes on great. The packaging though looks bit cheap.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2012 10:32:00 PM More reviews by pnnylne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

For reference, I'm an NC45. I bought this product after seeing reviews on it and decided to give it a try. I paid roughly around $3 USD for this product. At first I thought it was way too light for my skin tone, but I swatched it and it is excellent. The consistency is smooth and not chalky. The pigmentation (on my skin tone) is not orange. The packaging came with a mirror, a little sponge (that I don't use), and a sturdy snap closure. I also don't think you can beat 3 bucks for a decent bronzer. On my skin tone, I think it provides a subtle contour to the face without looking like a stripe of bronzer. I would definitely recommend.

Edited to add: It's matte! A matte drugstore bronzer! *squeee* I also wanted to add that I swatched this on my wrist prepared with foundation (Maybelline Fit Me in 320 - close to an NC45) and set with translucent powder. The product came up as a subtle bronze color.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2012 10:27:00 AM More reviews by katieb17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am from the UK and we don't have this particular nyc bronzer in our drug-stores here, i was at my local shopping centre last night and i saw this in pound-world, i love watching beauty video's on youtube and everybody raves about this product on there so I didn't hesitate to put it in my basket, i used it this morning and fell in love it is an very nice colour for my skin and its not to harsh but its just enough to give a nice glow, i liked that much i returned to pound-land again this morning and purchased another before it is not in stock!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/16/2012 11:32:00 AM More reviews by coladas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It applies evenly, not spotty or patchy. It wears well throughout the day. The only problem I have is with the color. It is not bronzey or bronze . It looks more like orange on the skin. I wear Revlon Color stay for oily skin in Buff. ( Just so you know my skin tone) I don't look like I have a tan or glow so to me it's okay but I can't find Rubi- glow bronzer anywhere now that gave me more of a bronzed look.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No