Clinique Super City Block SPF 25

3.6

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: titanium dioxide 7.30%, zinc oxide 6.90% INGREDIENTS: water, trioctyldodecyl citrate, butylene glycol, cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, c12-15 alkyl benzoate, steareth-2, aluminum stearate, silica, lecithin, gentiana lutea (gentian) root extract, rosmarinus officinalis (rose-mary) leaf extract, hordeum vulgare (barley) root extract, betu-la alba (birch) bark extract, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, laminaria saccharina extrac, saccharomyces lysate extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seedcake, sodium hyaluronate, sorbitan tristearate, linoleic acid, polyquaternium-51, caprylyl methicone, sorbitol, sodium rna, phospholipids, peg-40 stearate, magnesium aluminum silicate, caprylyl glycol, tocopheryl acetate, phytantriol, stearic acid, hydrogenated lecithin, cellulose, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, stearyl dimethicone, ascorbyl tocopheryl maleate, nordihydroguaiaretic acid, linolenic acid, pantethine, bisabolol, hydroxyethyl urea, ceteth-2, peg/ppg-18/8 dimethicone, polyglyceryl-6 polyricinoleate, steareth-20, isopropyl titanium triisostearate, propylene glycol dicaprate, sodium stearate, nylon-12, citric acid, nylon-6, hexylene glycol, xanthan gum, disodium edta, bht, phenoxyethanol, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499)

on 8/9/2004 2:44:00 PM

I'm on my third or fourth tube in probably as many years and I think it's time I try another brand because there's probably something better out there. I don't think this product made me break out (my skin has always been quite active) but I like that I can put it around my eyes without any irritation. Makeup adheres better after application and I always use a loose powder after any sunscreen to kill the shine. Time to experiment with a new product!

on 8/1/2004 11:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Edited summer 2013: I'm pretty sure this has been reformulated since I last tried it. It no longer clogs my pores and the texture feels better than it used it, it's easier to rub in and smoother. It's still a bit oily though. I feel this give pretty good protection as it's a little thick and feels substantial. The tint is perfect on my nc 20ish skin tone. This is now in my rotation of tinted physical sunscreens.

Previous review from several yrs ago: This makes me break out and is also oily on me, and my skin isn't very oily to begin with. I'll stick with DDF Organic which never clogs my pores - I was hoping to find something a little lighter for everyday use.

on 7/24/2004 2:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

This is my first daily sunscreen and I am getting on very well with it. Sometimes I use it over a moisturiser, sometimes alone (it is slightly moisturising). It smells nice, is a creamy pale colour that disappears into the skin, and doesn't give me shine or make me break out. So. Apparently its protection is good but not the best so I won't give it 5 lippies. But, for 12 a great buy.

on 7/21/2004 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this. Thank you BarbiH for recommending it. I have sebhorreic dermatitis and this is the only sunscreen that doesn't irritate my skin, plus the tint in it matches my own skincolor and makes my skin look great. I look like I have great skin when I wear this, plus it doesn't make my skin oily.

on 7/15/2004 2:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Very nice product. Great under makeup and very pleasant to use.

I LOVE this product. I use it every day and find the slight tint really improves the skin tone on my face while at the same time providing important sun protection. I am slightly prone to breakouts but this product didn't cause my skin to react in any way. Its slightly pricey for what it is, but i still adore it. I will continue to buy it for as long as it exists.

*Edit*9/07
I went off this about 3 years ago as after using it religiously for about 2 years, I realised that in fact, it seemed to be clogging my pores and not helping with the breakouts my skin was having. Sad because I really liked the tint and the sun protection. Removing two lippies because of this.

on 7/10/2004 6:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This sunblock caused me to break out a little. No doubt, makeup could go on easier after I applied this sunblock but it didn't help in keeping the face matte, as promised by Clinique. En contraire, it makes my skin greasy after an hour or two. Super City Block SPF 25 is flesh-tinted so it offers fair skin a bit of coverage. However it performs very poorly in a humid climate. List of ingredients: active ingredient: titanium dioxide; water (aqua purificata) purified, octyl dodecylneopentanoate, titanium dioxide, butylene glycol, cyclomethicone, steareth-2, silica, behenoxy dimethicone, zinc oxide, tricaprylin, lecithin, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, bisabolol, pantethine, tocopheryl acetate, polyglyceryl-6 ricinoleate, isopropyl titanium triisostearate, trifluoromethyl c1-4 alkyl dimethicone, tricaprylyl citrate, sorbitan tristearate, silver borosilicate, carnosic acid, carnosol extract, tococysteamide, peg-40 stearate, ceteth-2, dimethicone copolyol, steareth-20, sodium stearate, alumunium stearate, barium sulfate, magnesium aluminium silicate, xanthan gum, citric acid, disodium edta, bht, iron oxides (ci77491, ci77492, ci77499

on 7/4/2004 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

My only complaint is that this left a slight whitish cast on my medium complexion. Considering this & the price, I'm still hunting for a daily sunscreen.

on 7/2/2004 4:23:00 PM

Bye bye to this brand for me.
It' s too oily and shiny after I applied it.

on 7/2/2004 1:55:00 PM

Clinique can go to hell! I don't know what the hell they are putting in their products, but every time I give their products a chance it's nothing but disappointment. It says that it's oil free, but it made my skin shine and really oily. I also got really itchy from it and broke out the next day. It is slightly tinted which I think is nice but other than that it's garbage.