November 25, 2014 | 1856 users online

Sunscreen - Clinique - Super City Block SPF 25

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2004 11:39:00 AM More reviews by luxed2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Edited summer 2013: I'm pretty sure this has been reformulated since I last tried it. It no longer clogs my pores and the texture feels better than it used it, it's easier to rub in and smoother. It's still a bit oily though. I feel this give pretty good protection as it's a little thick and feels substantial. The tint is perfect on my nc 20ish skin tone. This is now in my rotation of tinted physical sunscreens.

Previous review from several yrs ago: This makes me break out and is also oily on me, and my skin isn't very oily to begin with. I'll stick with DDF Organic which never clogs my pores - I was hoping to find something a little lighter for everyday use.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2004 2:50:00 PM More reviews by pennypencil

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my first daily sunscreen and I am getting on very well with it. Sometimes I use it over a moisturiser, sometimes alone (it is slightly moisturising). It smells nice, is a creamy pale colour that disappears into the skin, and doesn't give me shine or make me break out. So. Apparently its protection is good but not the best so I won't give it 5 lippies. But, for 12 a great buy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2004 6:50:00 PM More reviews by Fhorn

I love this. Thank you BarbiH for recommending it. I have sebhorreic dermatitis and this is the only sunscreen that doesn't irritate my skin, plus the tint in it matches my own skincolor and makes my skin look great. I look like I have great skin when I wear this, plus it doesn't make my skin oily.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2004 2:54:00 AM More reviews by svet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Very nice product. Great under makeup and very pleasant to use.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2004 9:15:00 PM More reviews by Glam_Starlett

I LOVE this product. I use it every day and find the slight tint really improves the skin tone on my face while at the same time providing important sun protection. I am slightly prone to breakouts but this product didn't cause my skin to react in any way. Its slightly pricey for what it is, but i still adore it. I will continue to buy it for as long as it exists.

*Edit*9/07
I went off this about 3 years ago as after using it religiously for about 2 years, I realised that in fact, it seemed to be clogging my pores and not helping with the breakouts my skin was having. Sad because I really liked the tint and the sun protection. Removing two lippies because of this.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2004 6:22:00 AM More reviews by calinde

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This sunblock caused me to break out a little. No doubt, makeup could go on easier after I applied this sunblock but it didn't help in keeping the face matte, as promised by Clinique. En contraire, it makes my skin greasy after an hour or two. Super City Block SPF 25 is flesh-tinted so it offers fair skin a bit of coverage. However it performs very poorly in a humid climate. List of ingredients: active ingredient: titanium dioxide; water (aqua purificata) purified, octyl dodecylneopentanoate, titanium dioxide, butylene glycol, cyclomethicone, steareth-2, silica, behenoxy dimethicone, zinc oxide, tricaprylin, lecithin, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, bisabolol, pantethine, tocopheryl acetate, polyglyceryl-6 ricinoleate, isopropyl titanium triisostearate, trifluoromethyl c1-4 alkyl dimethicone, tricaprylyl citrate, sorbitan tristearate, silver borosilicate, carnosic acid, carnosol extract, tococysteamide, peg-40 stearate, ceteth-2, dimethicone copolyol, steareth-20, sodium stearate, alumunium stearate, barium sulfate, magnesium aluminium silicate, xanthan gum, citric acid, disodium edta, bht, iron oxides (ci77491, ci77492, ci77499

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2004 6:45:00 PM More reviews by imaladybug

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My only complaint is that this left a slight whitish cast on my medium complexion. Considering this & the price, I'm still hunting for a daily sunscreen.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/2/2004 4:23:00 PM More reviews by nekomeaow

Bye bye to this brand for me.
It' s too oily and shiny after I applied it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2004 1:55:00 PM More reviews by b4byb33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Clinique can go to hell! I don't know what the hell they are putting in their products, but every time I give their products a chance it's nothing but disappointment. It says that it's oil free, but it made my skin shine and really oily. I also got really itchy from it and broke out the next day. It is slightly tinted which I think is nice but other than that it's garbage.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2004 3:41:00 PM More reviews by kazc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Have been using this for a while but have just had to see my dermatologist as I am developing brown spots. I wonder wether the UVA protection given by this product is high enough for me as I wear it every day and live in the UK. Tried asking at the counter but they thought I was mad. Also makes my skin look a bit flat and pale. I think I'll stick to a proper sunscreen.