MAC Blot Powder - Medium/Dark

4.4

on 5/19/2008 12:32:00 PM

Love love love this! I always had a problem with oiliness in my t-zone but not anymore. Even though this is a blot powder, I took off one lippie since I wish that it had just a little more coverage. Nevertheless, it goes great with the StudioFix foundation underneath. My skin looks great. Will definitely purchase again.

on 5/18/2008 2:23:00 AM

I have fair-medium skin, but I still bought the medium-dark shade of the pressed blot powder. It does it's job really well - keeping you looking matte and shine-free. The greatest part is that it doesn't get cakey on me like adding more Studio Fix would, all it does is add a translucent layer of powder (unnoticeably) that will absorb the oils on your skin and make you matte again. I have a huge problem with oil. I will put my makeup on in the morning, and by the time I get to school, I will already feel the need to pull out some powder or blotting sheets (1 hour later!!). This made me not need to blot for way longer! At least like 3-4 hours of no blotting. This is a miracle worker for girls with oily skin!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Oh my GOD, I love this Powder, it is my HG. I carry one in my purse and another one in the diaper bag. I have very oily t-zone but once I put this powder on I stay flawless for a long time, like 5 hours straight. I will def. repurchase it again and again.

on 3/18/2008 1:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is definitely my HG powder. I've already repurchased countless times. I usually buy two at a time. It does exactly what it's meant to do without adding color or coverage. If I wanted coverage, I would put concealor or foundation on. After my skin care products, this works perfectly to get rid of the shine. Whenever I stray from this product, I regret it big time. Other stuff look like foundation on me. This is the only one that works for me. Will definitely continue buying this.

on 3/13/2008 1:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Ok-after reading all the reviews...YES this totally works! i mean, it doesnt keep the oilies away the entire day or anything-but ALMOST! anything over 2 hours is a miracle to me! i get oily in my t-zone big time usually 20 minutes after makeup application. so imagine how i felt when, 4 pm rolled around and i just spotted the faintest dots of oil coming through! i just dabbed it away with some tissue and was good to go again. this powder works and its even more fantastic because it's talc free! whoopeeee. the MA recommended the medium but i told her i thought the med/dark would work better and she agreed. i know they are translucent but they do show up on your skin. i am light/med yellow undertoned asian. tan easily in the summer w/VERY oily t zone. WILL repurchase! the MA at neiman's (who use to work for MAC)rec'd that i flip the sponge to face the mirror so as to not contaminate the powder with my oils, etc. i use a brush to apply in the AM and the puff for touch up at work. :) so yeah, wish it had seperate compt. for puff but other than that, love it!

on 3/11/2008 10:44:00 PM

I am very happy w/ this product. Although the med/dk is more on the lighter side, (very sheer) I can only use it in the winter and I use DK. in summer. Just a tip; keep the plastic film on the powder that way the sponge does not get all gross and transfer bacteria.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Got this as a christmas gift after lemming after it for years. I wasn't disappointed. Let me say, however, I don't wear foundation so I don't know how this works as a setting powder. I have normal skin with a nose that likes to get shiny once in a while. This powder is lovely and I alternate it with one of my normal colored pressed powders.

on 2/28/2008 3:57:00 PM

I am a NC35 and a huge fan of this. I have combination skin which leads to oily spots in the summer. This product really saves my life when it's hot and humid out. I don't really use it in the winter though but still recommend for all season for people with oilier skin.

on 2/19/2008 10:04:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have extremely oily skin and I just love this product. It keeps the shinies away. I am pretty light skinned and went with the medium dark color and it is the perfect color for me.

on 2/11/2008 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Yep, I see why people love this. Exactly what I needed for my t-zone. I apply during the day with a portable brush, and it keeps me from being too shiny. This is the first face product I have liked by MAC, and I will definately re-purchase.