July 29, 2014 | 2122 users online

Powder - Palladio - Wet/Dry foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2010 4:11:00 PM More reviews by chuckatanty

Now that I've re-bought, I feel that I can properly review this product. I bought my first compact a year ago after some research on MUA for a cheap but high-quality powder foundation. My Cargo wet/dry was running low and I had become too pale. This did not disappoint. I'm NC20 (25 at my darkest), combo/acne-prone, with hyperpigmentation from acne. I bought this for $9 @ Ulta (also available at Sally's) in Laurel Nude 400 and it was a match.

I apply this both wet and dry with a flat-top brush, depending on how much coverage I want. I've never tried to achieve full coverage, so I can't speak for how well it can build but it can do light-medium. If the brush is spritzed before picking up some product, the coverage is a little more than coverage with a dry brush. When applied damp, the initial look is a *little* strange, but it settles down in a few minutes and it looks perfect. I have to use concealer to completely stamp out every trace of redness though.

I really don't have anything bad to say about this: good price, good shade match, no breakouts on my sensitive skin, no oxidation, no excessive oiliness. If I had used this every day, I probably would have re-bought sooner, so I'd guess one compact would last 6-8 months with everyday use

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2010 9:26:00 AM More reviews by sallysellsseashells

Thanks to all the rec's & good reviews here on MUA, I decided to give this a try. I love it so far. This is the only full coverage foundation that makes my skin look flawless and conceals my large pores on my cheeks. I swear, this is a foundation where you look in your rear view mirror and go "Damn, I look good." A few hours later, you look again and say "Damn, I still look good." LOL, it is that good! I was on the market for a powder foundation that is a bit more full cover to go out in and this hit the nail on the head. I tried this both wet and dry.
Wet: Full coverage with a matte finish, Applying it wet can cling into some dry patches so I rec putting on a moisturizer first even if you get oily like me. When wet, don't over do it because it can become cakey. A concealer may not be needed for wet application. Doesn't oxidize when wet-color stays true all day. Wet does keep my oiliness at bay and my skin appears flawless. Staying power lasted 7 hours until I washed it off.
Dry: Light to Medium coverage with a matte finish. I need to use a concealer on my blemishes and undereyes with the dry application. Dry also does a great job keeping my oiliness at bay. With dry, it's easier to layer than wet. Staying power is good, lasted all day even during a walk outside in the sun.
Sensitivity: I've used this foundation exclusively for a while and noticed no additional clogged pores or breakouts.
Color Reference: I'm currently NW20 and use Natural Clary
Additional Comments: A setting/blotting powder is not needed unless you are extremely oily. I'm combo/oily and didn't need one. Available at Ulta and Sally Beauty Supply stores.

13 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2010 1:30:00 PM More reviews by LolaMay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I have tried a couple of powder foundations and this one is the best I've found.
PROS
*goes on smooth
*doesn't look cakey
*stays looking fresh pretty much all day, even in Midwest humidity
*full coverage, covers my undereye circles, acne breakouts, and scars
*good compact for sponge so fewer bacteria
*sponge in compact is of good quality that can be used for application
*blends well and easily

CONS
*hit pan fast
*A little pricey for "drugstore" so I would suggest getting the Sally's card

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2010 1:17:00 PM More reviews by Samantha1224

I recently purchased this product from Sally's Beauty Supply and I love it! I have combination oily/dry acne prone skin. I use harsh skin products to stay clear so my oily skin is usually accompanied by some dry patches. I apply 2.5% BP to my face then I use Oil of Olay's oil free facial lotion and then I apply this new primer that I also found at sallys by Claudia Stevens called facial prep foundation base (which I also love, total Smashbox Photo Finish dupe for only 5 bucks!!) I have been wetting a concealer brush and dipping it into the compact to cover any red marks or active blemishes then I use the sponge included and apply the makeup to my entire face. It covers all my acne scars, doesn't look cakey, doesn't break me out, and I just started using palladios rice powder too with this product and my makeup stays in place and doesn't turn orange or get greasy like it ALWAYS has in the past. I work graveyard shift at a hospital and I was able to put this foundation on at 2pm (with rice powder on top to set) and worked until 7am, came home, looked in the mirror, and it still looked fresh! its unbelievable! And for the price you cant beat it! I am MAC studio fix C3 and I use Laurel Nude (400) in this product! Its truly amazing go out and try it! Sally's has full size open samples that you can test in the store! With my Sally's card I paid 8.99$ for this and without I think its only a dollar more! GET IT!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2010 9:26:00 PM More reviews by rachelmarie219

I purchased this product recently on quest to find my HG foundation. I wasn't expecting much; the only product from Palladio that I previously used was the rice paper blotting sheets (love these!). What a pleasant surprise this foundation is! I wish I had found it earlier because I've spend a lot of money over the years trying to find something that didn't make my sensitive skin breakout and looked "natural." This foundation allows me to get a natural "airbrushed" (I NEVER thought I'd achieve that with any product, by the way) finish. This product also helps to minimize my pores, which aren't overly large but are certainly not as small as they used to be. I prefer to use this foundation "wet" to get a more medium coverage look and could certainly build it for full coverage. I would say that it masks my imperfections quite well, although I do feel the need to follow up with at least a little bit of concealer for problem areas (under eyes, a pimple here and there, etc). When I first wore this foundation I was in the middle of a major breakout, and this did a good job covering everything. I do not use the sponge that comes with it; rather, I use my Ecotools kabuki brush sprayed with a little of Mac's Fix + and then I apply the foundation. I also set the foundation (and my concealer) with the Palladio loose rice powder (I am doing a review of that next!). It has been humid where I live lately, but I have not been oily at all (I also never thought this would be possible either). My one pet peeve for just about any foundation I've ever used is that they all seemed to settle into the fine lines around my mouth. This doesn't, which is what really solidified this product's wow factor for me. I know some people have been having trouble with getting this to last all day. I haven't had a problem with this, although I do use the Palladio Herbal Primer (another fabulous product). The color selection is limited and colors do seem to have a pink undertone. I am the lightest shade, and I find this matches up quite well (as a reference, I am a NC20 in MAC). Everyone's skin is different, but I would encourage you to at least try it if you are in the market for a new foundation. I've used Bare Minerals, Mineral Hygenics, MAC Mineralize SPF Foundation, Rimmel Stay Matte, Cover Girl Simply Ageless, Revlon Photo Ready (nice finish & coverage, but I'm not into the shimmery look for everyday) and Sally Hansen Your Skin (my favorite LIQUID foundation). In addition to the rice powder, this also works well under my MAC MSF and Cargo Blu Ray powders. I purchased this foundation at Sally Beauty Supply but I believe it is also carried at Ulta stores. I had read these reviews on MUA and a couple on youtube before purchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2010 11:56:00 AM More reviews by Kathy123

This product has been around for a long time. I have used it on and off since the year 2000. In comparison with MAC's Studio Fix, this has better quality and performs much better. I do not use it wet although using it wet is recommended for oily skin. I use this with L'Oreal primer and it stays on until I wash it off. This is a huge deal for my very oily skin because every thing pretty much melts on me. I am NC30 and I use Cypress Beige, which is 402. This matches my yelow undertone very well. I then use a bit of Everlasting Tan or 404 as a bronzer. The combination looks natural and flawless. I highly recommend this also for people with acne and skin problems. It is much better than all the mineral makeup in the market. It is truly one of the purest products that I have used. I bought this in Sally's Beauty Supply for about $10. You can also find it on line.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2010 8:22:00 PM More reviews by Jaynne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Nope didn't work for me. Settled immediately into fine lines and pores and the colour (next one up from Laurel whatever) was too dark and muddy looking. Returned it to Sallys.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/11/2010 2:43:00 AM More reviews by Rkhan715

So after all the reviews, i finally decided to try this. I am Asian with very yellow undertones. I am a NC25 in MAC studio fix liquid foundation. I tried the Cypress beige, which was waay too dark and looked pink. I was then recommended Laurel nude by Palladio customer service...that was very light and had pink undertones. It seems like most of the makeup has cool (red/pink) undertones and hardly any for us warm toned (yellow) girls. I returned it back to Sally Beauty Supply.

14 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2010 5:45:00 PM More reviews by anabolina

I bought this because I needed an alternative to my NYC pressed powder and was not fond of it the first time I tried it. It went back into the makeup drawer and i used the Elf HD loose powder instead since it was going over liquid. I found it again in my drawer though and had to give it another shot. I now use it as a foundation and am really impressed by its smoothness. I makes my skin look nice3 and smooth and not like I'm wearing makeup. It also dries out my skin a bit so I use this over heavier lotions now. It's so fast to apply since it doesn't need a lot of blending so this with some concealer under my eyes and mascara and I'm good for work if I;m running late. I'd totally buy it again. Although it does disappear buy mid-day, it does not go patchy and oxidize if I reapply to my t-zone during lunch.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2010 8:07:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this in an emergency -- on a shoot some of my palettes dropped and where we were there were no "good" mu stores... so, I found this in a drugstore and thought I could make it work.

I did my best -- but the color selections are piss poor at least if you want a great mu and not a mediocre one. The texture of the product is not bad but not winning any cigars either.

all in all, it is ok.. there are worse products but that doesn't do me any good when I want a superb finish.