August 20, 2014 | 1018 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2012 8:31:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

The only thing this cleanser is good for is as a general facial cleanser, which is pretty much all I use it for. It doesn't really do a whole lot except cleanse your skin. That's definitely not a complaint, since it's doing its job, but I'm honestly not used to using skincare products that don't have some other kind of "thing", like meant for acne, or has microbeads/granules, or something like that.
I just use this about twice a day: once afterschool to remove my makeup, and again at night to clear my pores. This isn't a deep-cleaning cleanser, as it doesn't remove all of my foundation (I used a toner to test that out), but it does a decent job.
My only real gripe is that it has a very strong fragrance. I HATE skincare products with fragrance. The scent of this one isn't even a good scent--it smells like a powdery grandma perfume.
But, for only $9 (for 8 fl. oz.), the fragrance is tolerable. If you think about it, all the other cleansers cost the same, but for less product (usually only 5-6 fl. oz.).
Would I repurchase? No. It just doesn't do enough for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2012 12:29:00 AM More reviews by pelini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I alternate between this and Olay cleanser. It is a decent cleanser that will leave your skin feeling clean, but not too dry. It does a good job of getting off makeup for the most part.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2012 10:39:00 PM More reviews by SaraNikkita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ok I used this for a little while with success. But then I started bouncing around using different facial cleansers. I started using purpose & Retin a. Because of he Retin a & getting closer to 30 my skin changed. The other day I decided to try Cetaphil again because I remembered it being very gentle. Nope, didn't work. It irritated my skin. I threw it out after a couple of days & bought some purpose.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2012 11:23:00 PM More reviews by delmyee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well, first of all let me say I tried just about everything for my oily
skin. I have been using proactive, very expensive over time, and
it caused my pores to increase in size to the point I could
actually squeeze oil from my nose. I have gotten so sad over
this because I think I have a pretty nice face:D, ANY WAY,
thanks to all the BEAUTIFUL ppl who write reviews because I bought
Cetaphil, and I was like this is crazy two days of using this
and my pores look less open, skin softer, no irritants, and
i break out easily from products, so for 7 bucks, vs 20
a month with proactive, I know I am about to stock up
on Cetaphil, I am a realist, proactive gave me a shiny
oil look. Cetaphil is better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2012 9:54:00 PM More reviews by lavenderwig

thee best acne cleanser in the entire world. my boyfriend lived with me for a summer and he brought this with him from home, I used it, both our skin cleared and felt so soft. we had opposite skin too. he unfortunately had disgusting pimples all over his face, I didn't even wanna look at him when I sat behind him in high school, but all of a sudden I started noticing he wasn't looking bad and just had the skin discolorations where acne used to be. had no idea we'd end up getting together, but we did and I was the girl who never had acne except for bumps on my forehead because of my bangs. he would wash his face, I would do the dry wipe off. I love that you can do both. what a genius product. without this, I can't find anything that rids me of those stubborn bumps! I have a 4 for packaging. not because it's not cute, but because I think the pump has too much power somehow. meaning when you dispense it, it f*king shoots out somewhere else, like the sink counter or your shirt. they should definitely fix that. seriously the pump isn't pointing down, it somehow points like out at you and that really bothers me. I know cetaphil wants to be obvious that they are a unisex company but their products are SO ugly haha. anyways, whether you just have bumps or you have an unfortunate pizza face, try this, it is amazing and wonderful and soft and lovely and fragrance free and just a clear magic thing.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2012 7:17:00 PM More reviews by suusuu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I always thought this product was a joke. How could something so gentle and inexpensive cure my severe acne that creams and washes triple the price both over the counter and rx couldn't do? But it's been three weeks and my skin hasn't been this clear in awhile, I'm not all the way clear yet but it's a major improvement, the smell is strong and horrible though

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2012 1:47:00 AM More reviews by wagashi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my new staple facial cleanser. I went through more phases with my face washes to deal with my endlessly troublesome skin -- I did the wash with water every day thing (didn't work), BHA cleansers (some worked, but all were very drying and I couldn't use them when I was using Retin A), benzoyl peroxide cleansers (helped a little, but dried me out too much at my age to continue), vitamin C cleansers, scrubs, cream cleansers, bar soap, etc etc. I've gone through a huge change in my skincare routine because I've very clearly hurt my skin texture with all the stuff I was trying to do to help clear up my acne. Because of this, I've gone off most actives, and switched to regular, boring facial cleansers, like this! Which isn't to say I don't love this product, I do. I was using the regular Cetaphil cleanser, which I also like, for a while, but I like this one better since it cleans better. I do use an oil cleanser before I use this though, since I don't trust only this to take off all my sunscreen. I think this is a great cleanser for those who AREN'T sensitive (sensitive people should go for the regular one, since this one can sting) who just want a clean face at the end of the day and don't have any great expectations for their cleanser.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2012 7:11:00 AM More reviews by clp9200

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i have a very sensitive hand, that's why every time i change my face cleaner or body shampoo, i'll be extra careful with the ingredient inside them. I like Cetaphil (Normal to Oily Skin) Cleanser as it does not irritate my skin at the same time clean my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2012 1:06:00 PM More reviews by AnnaCate007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I had used Cetaphil (Normal to Oily Skin) for a few years in middle school, and then switched to something more hardcore for my acne. Then in high school I went back to Cetaphil at the urging of my dermatologist. Then in college I switched my cleansers up all the time, always looking for something to cure my acne. I recently have come back to this and now I remember why I love it so much and keep returning. Its a nice consistancy, not really thick but it doesnt feel like water when you pump it out and even though it doesnt "foam" or lather I really feel like it cleans my skin well. I have EXTREMELY oily skin and while it doesnt do much to help oil control, etc., I really feel like it does an adequate job of cleaning my skin and not making it feel overly dry or tight right after I wash it. It gets makeup off better than just about any other cleanser I've tried and it can be found at most grocery stores and drug stores or at Walmart. Its a little bit more expensive than some of the other cleansers out there, but I really do think its worth it. I have other scrubs, and potions and lotions that I use after this, but I really do believe this is a great simple cleanser that shouldnt irritate skin or make any of the skin problems you have worse. Will re-buy probably for the rest of my life!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2012 9:00:00 PM More reviews by cameleon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

A really good everyday facial cleanser! I have combination skin, and this cleanser removes the oil and other impurities while not drying out my skin. It leaves the skin feeling clean (there isn't any clean tingly sensation, or something of the sort, keep that in mind). It's also great for removing makeup that may not have been removed beforehand from facial wipes. When I have my extreme breakouts, I always choose to use this over any other cleanser because it's gentle and doesn't irritate my blemishes. My mother, who has extremely sensitive skin (she has tried many, many skin care products in her lifetime and has reacted to many of those products) did not experience any kind of skin irritation/reaction from this product.

Some people may think this product isn't really anything special, and I used to think the same too, but you don't realize how great the product is until you switch over and try some other products. I definitely recommend this to anyone.