September 22, 2014 | 1818 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

rated 1 of 5 on 9/22/2012 2:09:00 PM More reviews by Homiekfizzle

Update: yeah.... no. This is not for me. My skin has become so oily and started breaking out. Definitely not strong enough for my acne prone skin. Better for people with better skin who dont benefit from using salicylic acid, ahas, etc. so disappointed with this.

This cleanser is pretty great. Ive been using products with retinol and aha's lately, nothing prescription strentgh but enough to completely dry out my face. I knew using those i needed a gentle cleanser when washing my face. I thought what i was using was gentle but it wasnt. My face was dry and flaky even though i have oily skin. I decided to buy this based on good reviews and im glad i did. I nevet depend on any cleanser to remove makeup so after i take it off with a towelette i wash with this and my face feels so clean while feeling moisturized at the same time. Its helped my skin dramatically. I will be repurchasing. Almost perfect! Minus the awful smell lol

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2012 8:42:00 PM More reviews by OnlyLex20

My dermatologist recommended Cetaphil several years ago, and I'm so glad he did- every product that I use from this company is fabulous. This cleanser, in particular, works so well. Some complain that the original Cetaphil doesn't get their skin clean enough- well, this certainly gets your skin clean, without drying you out. My skin NEVER feels tight after I use this. I am extremely acne prone and have sensitive skin, and this product has never exacerbated either problem.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2012 8:31:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

The only thing this cleanser is good for is as a general facial cleanser, which is pretty much all I use it for. It doesn't really do a whole lot except cleanse your skin. That's definitely not a complaint, since it's doing its job, but I'm honestly not used to using skincare products that don't have some other kind of "thing", like meant for acne, or has microbeads/granules, or something like that.
I just use this about twice a day: once afterschool to remove my makeup, and again at night to clear my pores. This isn't a deep-cleaning cleanser, as it doesn't remove all of my foundation (I used a toner to test that out), but it does a decent job.
My only real gripe is that it has a very strong fragrance. I HATE skincare products with fragrance. The scent of this one isn't even a good scent--it smells like a powdery grandma perfume.
But, for only $9 (for 8 fl. oz.), the fragrance is tolerable. If you think about it, all the other cleansers cost the same, but for less product (usually only 5-6 fl. oz.).
Would I repurchase? No. It just doesn't do enough for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2012 12:29:00 AM More reviews by pelini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I alternate between this and Olay cleanser. It is a decent cleanser that will leave your skin feeling clean, but not too dry. It does a good job of getting off makeup for the most part.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2012 10:39:00 PM More reviews by SaraNikkita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ok I used this for a little while with success. But then I started bouncing around using different facial cleansers. I started using purpose & Retin a. Because of he Retin a & getting closer to 30 my skin changed. The other day I decided to try Cetaphil again because I remembered it being very gentle. Nope, didn't work. It irritated my skin. I threw it out after a couple of days & bought some purpose.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2012 11:23:00 PM More reviews by delmyee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well, first of all let me say I tried just about everything for my oily
skin. I have been using proactive, very expensive over time, and
it caused my pores to increase in size to the point I could
actually squeeze oil from my nose. I have gotten so sad over
this because I think I have a pretty nice face:D, ANY WAY,
thanks to all the BEAUTIFUL ppl who write reviews because I bought
Cetaphil, and I was like this is crazy two days of using this
and my pores look less open, skin softer, no irritants, and
i break out easily from products, so for 7 bucks, vs 20
a month with proactive, I know I am about to stock up
on Cetaphil, I am a realist, proactive gave me a shiny
oil look. Cetaphil is better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2012 9:54:00 PM More reviews by lavenderwig

thee best acne cleanser in the entire world. my boyfriend lived with me for a summer and he brought this with him from home, I used it, both our skin cleared and felt so soft. we had opposite skin too. he unfortunately had disgusting pimples all over his face, I didn't even wanna look at him when I sat behind him in high school, but all of a sudden I started noticing he wasn't looking bad and just had the skin discolorations where acne used to be. had no idea we'd end up getting together, but we did and I was the girl who never had acne except for bumps on my forehead because of my bangs. he would wash his face, I would do the dry wipe off. I love that you can do both. what a genius product. without this, I can't find anything that rids me of those stubborn bumps! I have a 4 for packaging. not because it's not cute, but because I think the pump has too much power somehow. meaning when you dispense it, it f*king shoots out somewhere else, like the sink counter or your shirt. they should definitely fix that. seriously the pump isn't pointing down, it somehow points like out at you and that really bothers me. I know cetaphil wants to be obvious that they are a unisex company but their products are SO ugly haha. anyways, whether you just have bumps or you have an unfortunate pizza face, try this, it is amazing and wonderful and soft and lovely and fragrance free and just a clear magic thing.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2012 7:17:00 PM More reviews by suusuu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I always thought this product was a joke. How could something so gentle and inexpensive cure my severe acne that creams and washes triple the price both over the counter and rx couldn't do? But it's been three weeks and my skin hasn't been this clear in awhile, I'm not all the way clear yet but it's a major improvement, the smell is strong and horrible though

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2012 1:47:00 AM More reviews by wagashi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my new staple facial cleanser. I went through more phases with my face washes to deal with my endlessly troublesome skin -- I did the wash with water every day thing (didn't work), BHA cleansers (some worked, but all were very drying and I couldn't use them when I was using Retin A), benzoyl peroxide cleansers (helped a little, but dried me out too much at my age to continue), vitamin C cleansers, scrubs, cream cleansers, bar soap, etc etc. I've gone through a huge change in my skincare routine because I've very clearly hurt my skin texture with all the stuff I was trying to do to help clear up my acne. Because of this, I've gone off most actives, and switched to regular, boring facial cleansers, like this! Which isn't to say I don't love this product, I do. I was using the regular Cetaphil cleanser, which I also like, for a while, but I like this one better since it cleans better. I do use an oil cleanser before I use this though, since I don't trust only this to take off all my sunscreen. I think this is a great cleanser for those who AREN'T sensitive (sensitive people should go for the regular one, since this one can sting) who just want a clean face at the end of the day and don't have any great expectations for their cleanser.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2012 7:11:00 AM More reviews by clp9200

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i have a very sensitive hand, that's why every time i change my face cleaner or body shampoo, i'll be extra careful with the ingredient inside them. I like Cetaphil (Normal to Oily Skin) Cleanser as it does not irritate my skin at the same time clean my face.