MAC Cream Color Base in Pearl

4.3

Octyldodecanol, Simmondsia chinesis (Jojoba) seed oil, Synthetic beeswax, Butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), Silica, Jojoba esters, Copernica cerifera (Carnauba) waz/ Cera carnauba/ Cire de carnauba, Ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, Paraffin, Hydrogenated polyisobutene, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl palmitate, Alumina, Polybutene, PVP/hexadecene copolymer, Stearic acid, [ /- Mica, Titanium dioxide (CI 77891), Iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth oxychloride (CI 77163), Blue I lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470). Chromium oxide greens (CI 77288), Ferric ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 lake (CI 15850), Red 28 lake (CI 45410), Red 30 lake (CI 73360), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 lake (CI 19140), Yellow 10 lake (CI 47005)]

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Pearl is extremely versatile - It's shade is similar to the buttery white goldness of Nylon shadow. It works beautifully as a brow and cheekbone highlighter, as well as on the lips. My preferred method of usage is as a base for shadows and pigments, as it seems to emphasize the medium's richness and vibrance *without changing the true color of the shadow or pigment applied over it*. I have no problem with this being too oily for my cheeks, too dry for my lips, or too goopy for shadows and pigments. Texture is smooth and consistency is creamy and light weight. It does not dry to a powder and instead leaves a shimmering dew-like effect. I will repurchase this, and I definitely recommend to those with similar skintones. Olive NC30.

on 2/18/2004 11:26:00 PM

Great frosty base! Use this a lot. Works great with any color shadow. Even works as a highlighter! Love this product..

on 1/23/2004 10:31:00 PM

I love this stuff! I use it everyday. I put it all over my eyelids and the shadows become so vibrant or at the inner corner. It's so versatile - I will definitely repurchase :)

I love this stuff!!! Perfect highlighter. I use it to highlight all over my face. Fabulous formula! Best our there -this stuff lasts all day & all night - until I take it off. Definitely recommend!

on 11/25/2003 6:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

The SA at MAC recommended this to me to use as an e/s base when applying pigments so it gives them something to stick to. The only thing you have to watch out for with the CCBs is creasing. I don't have too much of a problem because my eyelids are not too oily. But I do make sure to give my eyelids a little wash before applying this just to make sure all the oil is off. Pearl is a great color to use as an e/s base, since it goes with anything. This color can also be used to highlight cheeks, etc. UPDATE 1/18/2010: I STILL use this as an e/s base! I was using MAC select cover-up concealer, which works better if you want a solid base that will definitely NOT crease. Recently, I have been opting for this creamier base, and have had no problems with creasing at all. I just make sure I apply my e/s ASAP before the CCB starts to crease. I love applying something creamy as a base. It feels nice on my lids, especially since I'm getting a bit older. I like to have more moisture on the area during the day :-)) I hope they never discontinue this!

on 10/12/2003 12:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

YES!! after having a mac make over,the sales girl used this on me...wowwwww!!! gave me this beautiful glow on my face...I just had to buy it!! HOLY GRAIN! cant live without this,gives u a nautral glow to your face...like a J.Lo! I even got ppl telling me h

on 9/9/2003 12:54:00 AM

MAC's CCBs are vastly underrated! Pearl is my favorite out of the bunch, but all of them are excellent used under powder shadows to intensify the color (works really well with the duochrome MAC shadows, especially!). Pearl is lovely used as a base under Samoa Silk, Amberlights or Motif shadows. It also makes a nice browbone and cheek highlight and dabbed on the centre of the lips. Highly versatile and recommended!

on 8/17/2003 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Very pretty. I use this on my brow bone, cheekbones or anywhere I want to highlight. Very subtle, not obvious, just looks like a natural glow. I will definitely repurchase!

on 8/4/2003 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I never really experimented with the Cream Color Bases until a friend was applying hers one night before we were going out. After I saw how nice it looked on her, I had to have it. It comes in a flip top pot similar to the blushes. The texture is light and easy to blend, it's not oily and not too dry, it's just right. It works well for many different things. It can be used as a base for shadows, as a highlighter for around the eyes, or as a cheek color. I'm really glad that I discovered these! As the name suggests, this is a light pearl shade. You can intensify the color by the amount you apply. Rave from me! :o)

on 8/4/2003 10:13:00 PM

I use this every day and will replace it once it's gone. It's a slightly frosted cream color and it's perfect to use as a primer for eyeshadow. Some of the mac matte eyeshadows are great colors but well too matte for me. So when I wear the matte shadows with the cream base, it gives the shadow a nice shimmer. It also makes my eyeshadow stay in place all day and gives it longer wearing time.

Top Rated MAC Products