October 25, 2014 | 1663 users online

Eyeliner - New York Color - Liquid Eyeliner

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2010 5:26:00 PM More reviews by Lilthne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I usually use L'oreal Lineur Intense felt tip liners, but decided to try these because they were dirt cheap and I always like to experiment with cheap liners. I bought one tube in Sable and another in Pearly Black. The Sable dries to a dark matte brown and the formula is a lot thicker than my L'oreal, so there is the potential to put too much on and have it start flaking off. I just put on one thin coat and it lasted me at least 6 hours without smudging or flaking (which is amazing because I have oily "inner" double eyelids that cause almost every eyeliner to migrate into a crease). But as for the Pearly Black, it was a completely different story. The formula was much thinner and eventually dries into a sparkly black that looks more silver than black. This color smudged a lot and within an hour, the glitter had transferred onto other parts of my eyelid while the black pigment had reformed itself into a crease above where I originally applied the liner.

Overall, the Sable color and formula is very good but the Pearly Black formula is terrible.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2010 10:09:00 PM More reviews by mishycakes

I have a backup for my backup of this eyeliner. I love it! I've tried so many drugstore liquid liners and this by far is my favorite. Liquid eyeliner is one of the few makeup products that I refuse to pay more than drugstore price for. The tip of this liner is so fine, I dont think I'd ever be able to find another liner that gives me such precise lines. I go over my liner with a matte black shadow and this doesnt budge until I take it off at night. My only complaint, if you would even call it that is that the packaging is very cheap looking. Its not even a big deal. For $1.99, there really is no reason to complain for the performance this gives.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/18/2010 7:31:00 PM More reviews by csaetern07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this eyeliner is just not for me. the formula is too cheap, it flakes off and the black dries to an off black color. will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2010 4:59:00 PM More reviews by newpork

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this was my first liquid eyeliner and so far i like it. it glides on smooth and looks grest on me.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/9/2010 10:03:00 PM More reviews by 455smile

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The only thing I liked was the color. However, it was hard to apply due to the paintbrush applicator, and kept on flaking off. :( I didn't need makeup remover....

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2010 12:58:00 PM More reviews by saintboniface

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Since I use black liquid eyeliner every day, I've been looking for a good, inexpensive standard. I've been using NYC's brand for about 2 years, and I think for the price, it's good quality. I've never had a problem with its staying power- if I put it on in the morning, it usually doesn't have to be reapplied until the evening. It does have a tendency to flake and smudge if you rub your eyes a lot, but so do most liquid eyeliners.

The thing I like the most about this eyeliner is the brush. It's very easy to control, so you can either get a natural, thin line or a thick cat-eye. The color is matte and goes on evenly. The tube lasts a long time- at least 3-4 months, and it doesn't dry out as much as other brands (Maybelline, I'm looking at you). Overall, it's a good brand for getting the job done.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2010 1:46:00 AM More reviews by LaceyH

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

if i could give this a zero, i would.

there ARE some things i like about it: the color is a matte black color, not shiny, and the thin brush allows for thin lines to be drawn.

however, not 10 minutes after it had dried, it was already flaking off. i tried using just a little, using a lot, using multiple coats, nothing worked. and to me, why bother with liquid liner if i cant get a perfect line? isnt that kind of the point?

so no, i will not be repurchasing. in fact, i wont even be using what i have left of this product, it'll go in the trash.

thank god it wanst expensive!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2010 8:25:00 PM More reviews by PepsiGirl4Life

This eyeliner is cheap and has a true black color. I can actually draw thin lines with this eyeliner, unlike the Wet 'n Wild liquid eyeliner which goes on way too thick. However, it's extremely difficult to apply and it cracks and flakes off so I have to keep reapplying it throughout the day. Also, the tube seems dry even though I just bought it 2 days ago. Because the negatives outweigh the positives, I would not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2010 1:06:00 PM More reviews by adrota

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

After I heard someone say this was good on YT I bought it. Its inexpensive, easily available, the bush is thin so application is good, packaging is black thin tube makes carrying easy, color is okay but non matte, flakes & is short wear. But I think it also depends on the skin of your eyes, the way its applied etc. With a primer under it & dark matte black shadow over it to set it perhaps its will have better results. I may or may not buy it only because I want to try some other brands & also because its not matte.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2010 3:36:00 AM More reviews by jewelsmd

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my go to eyeliner. I like liquid liner and use to use Loreal but found that sometimes it made my eyes itchy plus I would always have to thin out the applicator brush since it was too thick. I prefer a fine tip brush compared to felt tips because I can get a finer line. This is long lasting and comes with an unbeatable price!!