December 20, 2014 | 1732 users online

Eyeliner - New York Color - Liquid Eyeliner

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2010 9:59:00 PM More reviews by musicbox93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't get all of the bad reviews on here! I think if you get it on clearance its probably about to expire, hence, old. Anyway I love this eyeliner, its my favorite liquid eyeliner, it makes thin lines very easily and a perfect winged out look. and my eyeliner does not flake at all (it says on the package its a new formula, but i never had a problem with the old one)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2010 4:20:00 PM More reviews by dawl_1015

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I prefer the plain black liner (NOT the one in the photos above).. the one in the photos is newer and has a slight shimmer to it, whereas the regular black (with the silver cap on the bottle) is plain black and not shimmery.

The regular black liner:
I'm not sure if they still even sell this version, because I haven't found it anywhere recently! But I used this version all through highschool and never ever had it flake or come off. The line was always crisp and black, and it stayed on forever... I even slept in it several times, and it was still on the next morning just as fresh as the day before. Loved it.

The one in the pictures above:
This one seems to be slightly shimmery, which I don't like because I feel like it makes the line look less black and less crisp. I also find that this version flakes like no other, and was actually flaking off while I was wearing it. And the top of the bottle kept getting cakey around the opening, even though I'm always super careful with it and wiped off the opening often... this never happened with the plain black! So I don't know what to say... perhaps they've changed the formula from a few years ago?

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2010 8:16:00 PM More reviews by smilekey

This is my favorite for now since im used to the brush . I hate the fact that it really does flake ! URGH after 2nd period i rush too the bathroom to reapply then after 5th period i reapply . Its a really good brush for a think line . i will probably keep the brush for a lip gloss applicator when im done hahaha . I will buy it again though because i do like it .

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2010 1:03:00 PM More reviews by JamaicanWhitie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am very picky when it comes to eyeliner, and find that there are barely any out there that actually stay put. I have fairly oily eyelids and this takes about a few minutes to dry, but when it does dry it is great. It stays on all day, and doesnt flake off. I am actually very surprised that this works this good for the price that I paid for it. Because I believe that the more money you spend on cosmetics the better, not this case :)

rated 2 of 5 on 10/9/2010 6:19:00 PM More reviews by modelsoup202

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Its so cheap but dats the quality u get. It falkes off like crazy sooo fast plus it takes forever to dry. Also, i dont like the applicator. Def wont buy ever again!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2010 10:06:00 PM More reviews by samiiyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I heard this is what Megan Fox uses, so naturally I purchased it! Besides the fact that it's super cheap. With this product you really get what you pay for, it is horrible. At first I thought it was decent. No, it's bad. It flakes off in the first few hours, not cute. I'll stick with my L'Oreal Lineur Intense in Carbon Black, thanks.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2010 10:18:00 PM More reviews by semi138

I love this product. I've tried almost every drugstore liquid eyeliner out there and none hold a candle to NYC's eyeliner. It is easy to put on.. provides rich color.. doesn't run...It's fantastic - I highly recommend it.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/15/2010 12:11:00 AM More reviews by KristenWalter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this from Target because A. i never used a liquid liner before so i wanted to try it out and B. it was on clearance (that should have told me something!!!)

anyways, to me, this liner is extremely runny and does not go on well. When i applied one layer, and then went to apply another layer, it completely wiped away the first layer leaving my eyelid with a streak in it (of no eyeliner). So i had to apply one layer, wait 5 minutes, apply another, wait again, and continue that until i was happy with the look.
I would not recommend this product personally.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/9/2010 3:49:00 PM More reviews by canderson54

I loved this eyeliner when I first got it. Got it because it was so cheap!! and I was wanting to use liquid liners more instead of pencil. The colour was a nice black, not super dark but good enough for day wear if you aren't looking for something uber dramatic. I actually really like the brush, I found it really easy to apply the liner. Only problem I had with it was that I hit my eyelashes when lining (they are kind of long eyelashes and get in the way...not that I'm complaining) and then my eyelashes became hard and the mascara didn't go on as well.

However, my opinion now has changed of this eyeliner. I'm not sure if the product is changing while i use it or I am just starting to notice problems. It flakes and doesn't stay smooth after a while...you can really notice it after 3 hours. I swear that it was fine the first few times I used this so no idea why this is happening. But it sucks! So therefore I do not like the eyeliner, would not recommend it to anyone, and will not be re-buying.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2010 4:50:00 PM More reviews by skstone

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

EDIT: This failed the cry test. Horribly. Will not repurchase.

I picked this up because it was so cheap, and I LOVE it. I find the long, thin applicator brush to be easy to use. All you need is a steady hand and patience. Instead of making one line across your eye with this brush, use the entire length of the actual brush (not the hard part of the applicator wand, though!) and lay it down to make small dashes on your lash line. Then fill in the spaced in between them and voila! This eyeliner isnt SUPER dark, but i actually like that. If I want a softer look, I will only put one layer. If I want a more dramatic look I simply put another layer on.

This liner does crack, but the simple solution is eye primer. If there's a primer under it, it will not budge. On days I just wear liner & mascara (being late for class..haha) I put on either UDPP or TFSI and it does not crack. Another way to have it not crack is by putting it OVER your eyeshadow. I hope I helped!