April 17, 2014 | 1970 users online

Toners - Neutrogena - Alcohol-Free Toner

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2009 4:58:00 PM More reviews by NikkiDZ07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this toner for about a week. I have very acne prone/ combo skin and have started using epiduo, and you are not supposed to use irritating products with it. I bought this because it is alcohol free and I feel like I have to have a toner or my face isn't clean. It removes left over make up after I wash my face. A lot of people have said they don't like the sticky feeling it leaves. I have not actually noticed it. I also don't mind the smell, but I would prefer that everything be fragrance free. The bottle is pretty big, but I'm not sure it will even last a month with me. I would like to find a cheaper alcohol-free toner, but until I do I will keep buying this.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/8/2009 6:19:00 PM More reviews by Jamiiee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I hate this toner with a passion.Yes it cleans almost all the dirt out of my face but when I use it I have this kind of 'burning' sensation.Even though it's ALCOHOL FREE.And after I start using it my face becomes sticky which I hate cause it feels like I haven't throughly removed the dirt.The smell is alright.The packaging sucks.When I pour it out it gives out a little amount and literally I have to sorta shake it to get it out.I'm sticking to my Olay Toner which leaves my face smooth,soft,and soothed.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2009 12:55:00 PM More reviews by Loci80015

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Oh how can they sell this for sensitive acne-prone skin? HOW? So many ingredients that are comogenedic. I saw increase in breakouts when I started using this. I couldn't understand why until I saw the ingredient list. Yuck!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2009 5:21:00 AM More reviews by kimm28

One word- amazing. I've been using this for about 4 months and i'm on to my fourth bottle. For ages i've been trying toners which have alcohol in them, including good old witchhazel - but they always made me broke out. but i've noticed that since i started using this my acne-prone, sensitive skin has been clearing up alot. It's also left my face extremely soft:)
I actually like the smell, not that if it smelt bad i wouldn't use it anyway ;) i swipe it over my face using cotton pads and i can see all the gunk it's taken off , even if i've just washed my face - somehow it'll still pick up dust and what not. I use it in the morning and in the afternoon (after face wash & face wipes) to take off makeup.
Some people have mentioned that it leaves your face sticky - it does, but i like it, haha. It acts sort of like a primer and helps my makeup stay on longer cause of the "sticky" effect. I know this must sound pretty stupid but it's true, it helps to keep my makeup on, haha.
I bought it for around $10 AUD and one bottle lasts me about a month. I think that's pretty reasonable; i'll be buying again and again and again !

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2009 4:11:00 PM More reviews by aimeeb212

I enjoy this toner. I've used it for a few years now &have gone through several bottles. I wouldn't say it is a necessity, but my skin is very oily &dry at the same time b/c of my topical acne treatments from the derm &I find this helps to control the oil a bit &just gets that extra grime off my Cetaphil cleanser didn't get. I only use this in the morning. Lately, I've been using the Stridex pads in the red box at nite. I find the scent to be delicate, old-fashined &pleasant. It doesn't contain any infredients like salicylic acid, but thats why I like it. I use Differein, Benzaclin &those Stridex pads &I don't need anymore active ingredients on my face. It has never caused acne or dried out my skin either, but I ususally apply some jojoba oil+moisturizer afterwards. If you're looking for an inexpensive very basic toner then give this stuff a try.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/1/2009 12:49:00 AM More reviews by bueller6426

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Doesn't dry, tighten, or sting skin, however it also produces no noticeable results- I have used it for a month. Refreshing and decent scent. When I run out I will look for a better one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2009 4:33:00 PM More reviews by x0kerbear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My skin was always sensitive to toners containing alcohol and many that I have found that are alcohol free just have other harsh ingredients. That being said, I love Neutrogena's alcohol-free toner! It makes my skin feel very fresh when I use it and I've never felt sticky after using it. I generally only use it at night because I find that's all I need (to remove any excess makeup or dirt) and sometimes if it's really humid I'll use it to refresh and remove any excess oil in the morning after cleasning.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2009 1:39:00 AM More reviews by daniellan83

I have very sensitive skin. I like this toner simply because it didn't break me out(like most other toners did). I don't think it does any magic really. But at least didn't do any harm to my skin as far as i can tell. So, I will keep using this unless I can find a much better alternative.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/29/2009 2:41:00 AM More reviews by fabulousjune

this toner left my face very sticky and cause me to break out! i found the smell wierd too

rated 3 of 5 on 5/26/2009 7:02:00 AM More reviews by babycocox

I'm neutral towards this product. I like the smell, and I like that it's alcohol free, doesn't burn or sting when I put it on... I do see a slight improvement in my skin when I put it on.. But I use it sporadically because I get put off with the way it leaves my skin feeling. Don't get me wrong, it's not like nasty or anything, but when I use this toner, I get this very slight sticky feeling on my face. It's not a bad product per se, but I would not purchase it again.