July 31, 2014 | 1190 users online

Toners - Neutrogena - Alcohol-Free Toner

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2009 8:07:00 AM More reviews by Ilovenature2

I used to use this product along with neutrogena's extra gentle cleanser and oil free moustiriser and my skin was really nice then! (I was about 14) I then for some reason, I don't know why stopped! Now I'm in minocycline and considering accutane :( Why, oh why?!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/21/2009 12:05:00 PM More reviews by sanayhs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I find this product mediocre. It does an ok job, but I find it leaves my skin sticky. Why? Ick. No thanks.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2009 4:38:00 AM More reviews by blacklondon

I don't really need a toner but this came together in a set of other Neutrogena products. My face feels nice and tingly after using it. I don't know if I would recommend it to anyone though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2009 3:12:00 PM More reviews by suzyqz1970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

When I was younger, I always thought oily skin needed a toner with a seriously high alcohol content to reduce all the oil. I used straight alcohol, Seabreeze (which is still soo nostalgic for me, the smell takes me back to 6th grade instantly) 10-0-6 from Bonne Belle and the like. I always felt like they were working but it was probably more from the scent than the actual product. I also prefer to use un-scented skin care products now and wanted something with little to no added scent. Flash forward about 20 years and hopefully quite a bit of skincare sense later, and I know that using something too harsh can cause rebound oiliness so that's when I started using this. It will definately still get the last vestiges of makeup and it reduces my oiliness even though the formula is very, very gentle. I like the way it makes my skin feel refreshed but not stripped. The price is good too and it's easy to find. I always have this on hand.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2009 1:09:00 AM More reviews by makeupjunkie35

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I tend to like Neutrogena products, but this one was average to me. I should have purchased the pore minimizer version instead. It does the job though. Removes any invisible trace of makeup left behind. I have noticed slight stickiness after using, so I have to rinse off before apply my makeup...Umm yeaaaa. I give 3 stars, being that I have used other products that work much better for me, like Witch Hazel. I will not be buying this one again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2009 4:58:00 PM More reviews by NikkiDZ07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this toner for about a week. I have very acne prone/ combo skin and have started using epiduo, and you are not supposed to use irritating products with it. I bought this because it is alcohol free and I feel like I have to have a toner or my face isn't clean. It removes left over make up after I wash my face. A lot of people have said they don't like the sticky feeling it leaves. I have not actually noticed it. I also don't mind the smell, but I would prefer that everything be fragrance free. The bottle is pretty big, but I'm not sure it will even last a month with me. I would like to find a cheaper alcohol-free toner, but until I do I will keep buying this.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/8/2009 6:19:00 PM More reviews by Jamiiee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I hate this toner with a passion.Yes it cleans almost all the dirt out of my face but when I use it I have this kind of 'burning' sensation.Even though it's ALCOHOL FREE.And after I start using it my face becomes sticky which I hate cause it feels like I haven't throughly removed the dirt.The smell is alright.The packaging sucks.When I pour it out it gives out a little amount and literally I have to sorta shake it to get it out.I'm sticking to my Olay Toner which leaves my face smooth,soft,and soothed.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2009 12:55:00 PM More reviews by Loci80015

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Oh how can they sell this for sensitive acne-prone skin? HOW? So many ingredients that are comogenedic. I saw increase in breakouts when I started using this. I couldn't understand why until I saw the ingredient list. Yuck!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2009 5:21:00 AM More reviews by kimm28

One word- amazing. I've been using this for about 4 months and i'm on to my fourth bottle. For ages i've been trying toners which have alcohol in them, including good old witchhazel - but they always made me broke out. but i've noticed that since i started using this my acne-prone, sensitive skin has been clearing up alot. It's also left my face extremely soft:)
I actually like the smell, not that if it smelt bad i wouldn't use it anyway ;) i swipe it over my face using cotton pads and i can see all the gunk it's taken off , even if i've just washed my face - somehow it'll still pick up dust and what not. I use it in the morning and in the afternoon (after face wash & face wipes) to take off makeup.
Some people have mentioned that it leaves your face sticky - it does, but i like it, haha. It acts sort of like a primer and helps my makeup stay on longer cause of the "sticky" effect. I know this must sound pretty stupid but it's true, it helps to keep my makeup on, haha.
I bought it for around $10 AUD and one bottle lasts me about a month. I think that's pretty reasonable; i'll be buying again and again and again !

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2009 4:11:00 PM More reviews by aimeeb212

I enjoy this toner. I've used it for a few years now &have gone through several bottles. I wouldn't say it is a necessity, but my skin is very oily &dry at the same time b/c of my topical acne treatments from the derm &I find this helps to control the oil a bit &just gets that extra grime off my Cetaphil cleanser didn't get. I only use this in the morning. Lately, I've been using the Stridex pads in the red box at nite. I find the scent to be delicate, old-fashined &pleasant. It doesn't contain any infredients like salicylic acid, but thats why I like it. I use Differein, Benzaclin &those Stridex pads &I don't need anymore active ingredients on my face. It has never caused acne or dried out my skin either, but I ususally apply some jojoba oil+moisturizer afterwards. If you're looking for an inexpensive very basic toner then give this stuff a try.