October 21, 2014 | 1835 users online

Liquid - Giorgio Armani - Luminous Silk Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2013 4:01:00 PM More reviews by aniliini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I have pale skin with light yellow undertone (mixing Nars Sheer Glow Siberia 1/3 and Gobi 2/3 is quite close) and I bought Luminous Silk in #2 yesterday after testing it on my skin for two days from a little sample jar. It is expensive, but what a treat you get for the price! it's a dream to blend, and for my dry/normal skin it gives that perfect "my skin but 100 times better" result. I don't usually get any blemishes, but my skin is prone to redness so the cover I get from this foundation is sufficent and even my husband commented how glowing I looked wearing it. No more heavy, masklike foundation or sticky tinted moisturizer. Wellcome to my life, Armani dear!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 10:10:00 AM More reviews by septimber

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

If I had reviewed this based on the first color I purchased, #2, I would have given this product a bad review and said I would never purchase it again! I got it online, so it was my own fault I chose the wrong color. It was too yellow for me (the makeup artist I took it to said it looked like mustard on me!).. I think I was applying it badly because I didnt realise how bad of a match it was, it was light enough, just the wrong undertone. So, I hated it. It looked like makeup on my face! That is the last thing I want in a foundation!

Fast forward to me skipping over to a Nordstrom to return it and run far away with my $59 dollars. The MA plops me down in a chair and dots a drop of #2, #3.5 and I think #5 on me. "See? Looks like mustard on you!" Ouch! But the 3.5 she smeared across my cheek and it was perfect!

I apply it lightly with a Real Techniques stippling brush, or their expert face brush, though I really perfer the stippling. My face looks frigging awesome. Well -- except for my blemishes. This puts a slight haze over them, but then theres always concealer, right?

Doesnt sink into pores. Beautiful, skin like finish on me. I can get oily on the nose and Im normal to dry everwhere else. Doesnt look like makeup on my face :) Lasting power.. hard to say, but I regularly wear it for 10 hours a day and I suppose when Im outside in the cold it wears off my nose. Havent worn it in the heat yet. Maybe I will edit after that experience.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2013 6:20:00 PM More reviews by Madimayt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This is an amazing foundation. It looks spectacular on, and I really like the colors. It gives a very natural dewey finish, but I found it really adds to the staying power of the foundation, to add some powder on the tzone.
It is very expensive, about $59 from Bloomingdales, but worth it in my opinion. A little goes a long way, and it has buildable coverage. I would say it gives a light-medium coverage with one application.
I highly recommend this foundation, before this I tried about 20 others(Dior, Chanel, Nars, YSL, Lancome, Benefit, ect) and this was definitely the best, by far.
A+

rated 1 of 5 on 1/16/2013 2:15:00 PM More reviews by meruhasaea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Went everywhere looking for this. My local Nordie's and Bloomie's didn't carry it. And by chance, I found it at Barney's after waiting outside Neiman Marcus to open (didn't due to loss of power).

All the work to find out that it applies horribly. I feel like I'm rubbing a layer of gel on my face and it just sits there. The color is a good match, but not perfect.

And then I found out that my skin is reacting horribly to it. Red bumps and itchiness.

Why oh why did I throw away the receipt. B

Back to Nars Sheer Glow!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2013 3:18:00 PM More reviews by axialmeow

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got samples of this foundation. It applied beautifully. The color match was wayyyyy off though. Not sure why she chose the colors she did for my fair skin. I was orange. But the coverage was nice and it felt so lush going on.
I doubt I will buy a full size bottle. I can't justify spending $59 on foundation right now. But if you feel like a splurge try this out!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2013 1:49:00 PM More reviews by paaulineeee

Love, love, love! Gives me excellent, flawless coverage. It is very pricey but a makeup artist recommended this to me for an event. Because it is expensive, I'll probably save it for special occasions but I highly recommend this product if you need full coverage. I found that it looked best when I used a regular foundation brush like a MAC 190.

For reference, I use 6.5 and I am NC35-40 in MAC.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2013 2:05:00 PM More reviews by kk14

I like this foundation I use it when I don't need very much coverage as it is very light and gives me a nice dewy finish, but when I am having a bad skin day I need more coverage than this. This my main daytime foundation and it looks really natural.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2013 7:10:00 AM More reviews by MeganRoseLane

Really good coverage, very dewy, good for dry skin, requires powder to set. It Blends nicely, I use a stippling brush and people always comment on how flawless my skin looks. I wear NC35 in MAC and 6.5 in Armani, 8 in Summer.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2013 6:04:00 PM More reviews by bergafer3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great foundation, didn't bother my skin. I get a lot of compliments when I wear it. The only prob I have is color choices.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2012 7:31:00 PM More reviews by sanmonahan

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like this foundation most of the time. Very nice on my skin in the fall/winter/early spring months. A tad too oily in summer. I live in Denver so need moisture due to lack of humidity that does help your skin not have so many lines. And at 61 I have a few lines but not too bad. My issue is finding a color in a foundation. I wear shade #5 in the Luminous Silk. If there is anyone out there who also wears this shade and has found another color/foundation I'd love to know what it is.