September 30, 2014 | 1333 users online

Liquid - Giorgio Armani - Luminous Silk Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2013 6:20:00 PM More reviews by Madimayt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This is an amazing foundation. It looks spectacular on, and I really like the colors. It gives a very natural dewey finish, but I found it really adds to the staying power of the foundation, to add some powder on the tzone.
It is very expensive, about $59 from Bloomingdales, but worth it in my opinion. A little goes a long way, and it has buildable coverage. I would say it gives a light-medium coverage with one application.
I highly recommend this foundation, before this I tried about 20 others(Dior, Chanel, Nars, YSL, Lancome, Benefit, ect) and this was definitely the best, by far.
A+

rated 1 of 5 on 1/16/2013 2:15:00 PM More reviews by meruhasaea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Went everywhere looking for this. My local Nordie's and Bloomie's didn't carry it. And by chance, I found it at Barney's after waiting outside Neiman Marcus to open (didn't due to loss of power).

All the work to find out that it applies horribly. I feel like I'm rubbing a layer of gel on my face and it just sits there. The color is a good match, but not perfect.

And then I found out that my skin is reacting horribly to it. Red bumps and itchiness.

Why oh why did I throw away the receipt. B

Back to Nars Sheer Glow!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2013 3:18:00 PM More reviews by axialmeow

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got samples of this foundation. It applied beautifully. The color match was wayyyyy off though. Not sure why she chose the colors she did for my fair skin. I was orange. But the coverage was nice and it felt so lush going on.
I doubt I will buy a full size bottle. I can't justify spending $59 on foundation right now. But if you feel like a splurge try this out!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2013 1:49:00 PM More reviews by paaulineeee

Love, love, love! Gives me excellent, flawless coverage. It is very pricey but a makeup artist recommended this to me for an event. Because it is expensive, I'll probably save it for special occasions but I highly recommend this product if you need full coverage. I found that it looked best when I used a regular foundation brush like a MAC 190.

For reference, I use 6.5 and I am NC35-40 in MAC.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2013 2:05:00 PM More reviews by kk14

I like this foundation I use it when I don't need very much coverage as it is very light and gives me a nice dewy finish, but when I am having a bad skin day I need more coverage than this. This my main daytime foundation and it looks really natural.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2013 7:10:00 AM More reviews by MeganRoseLane

Really good coverage, very dewy, good for dry skin, requires powder to set. It Blends nicely, I use a stippling brush and people always comment on how flawless my skin looks. I wear NC35 in MAC and 6.5 in Armani, 8 in Summer.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2013 6:04:00 PM More reviews by bergafer3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great foundation, didn't bother my skin. I get a lot of compliments when I wear it. The only prob I have is color choices.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2012 7:31:00 PM More reviews by sanmonahan

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like this foundation most of the time. Very nice on my skin in the fall/winter/early spring months. A tad too oily in summer. I live in Denver so need moisture due to lack of humidity that does help your skin not have so many lines. And at 61 I have a few lines but not too bad. My issue is finding a color in a foundation. I wear shade #5 in the Luminous Silk. If there is anyone out there who also wears this shade and has found another color/foundation I'd love to know what it is.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2012 12:15:00 AM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

HOLY LETDOWN this foundation was TERRIBLE. I bought this foundation about 2 weeks ago and have applied it in every which way I could possibly imagine and NOTHING seems to make it look good. It always looks incredibly streaky whether I use a dry sponge, wet sponge, a flat foundation brush, a flat top kabuki brush or my fingers-it never fails so I guess its at least consistent lol. The coverage is pretty poor, the finish it nothing to be wowed about, the wear time is below average and its application is freaking terrible. On top of that all, this foundation costed me $74 Canadian Dollars. This is a product where it probably costed the brand about $4 to make the packaging and the mediocre foundation and the rest of of your $70 goes towards that powerful name, Giorgio Armani. Stuff like that REALLY pisses me off. What pisses me off even more was that I actually got completely sucked in to buying this product. At this point I absolutely refuse to believe that a foundation for $74 can do much more than a foundation for $50. What irks me most about this foundation other than the huge ripoff is that I am 16 years old with fairly nice skin and I find that I look better without this foundation than with it on- how on earth could this help anyone with troubled skin? It can't. I've used products for a quarter of the price which make my skin look more flawless and luminous than this. Overall I just hate this product, its probably one of my most regretted purchases of all time and that is saying a whole lot given the fact that I am a massive makeup junkie. I can't see how this would help out anyone who has anything less than completely flawless skin. Good thing we can return things in Canada because tomorrow I'm taking it back for a refund no questions asked!

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2012 4:16:00 PM More reviews by BriddaBella

I don't understand the hype. I have oily skin and this product just doesn't work for me. It has medium to buildable full coverage. When I put it on my skin it looks natural and dewy but after a few hours the foundation wears off. It's a shame cause it's quite expensive but it just doesn't work for me.
I guess I just have to go back to Revlon Colourstay.