August 23, 2014 | 1172 users online

Liquid - Giorgio Armani - Luminous Silk Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2013 6:04:00 PM More reviews by bergafer3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great foundation, didn't bother my skin. I get a lot of compliments when I wear it. The only prob I have is color choices.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2012 7:31:00 PM More reviews by sanmonahan

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like this foundation most of the time. Very nice on my skin in the fall/winter/early spring months. A tad too oily in summer. I live in Denver so need moisture due to lack of humidity that does help your skin not have so many lines. And at 61 I have a few lines but not too bad. My issue is finding a color in a foundation. I wear shade #5 in the Luminous Silk. If there is anyone out there who also wears this shade and has found another color/foundation I'd love to know what it is.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2012 12:15:00 AM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

HOLY LETDOWN this foundation was TERRIBLE. I bought this foundation about 2 weeks ago and have applied it in every which way I could possibly imagine and NOTHING seems to make it look good. It always looks incredibly streaky whether I use a dry sponge, wet sponge, a flat foundation brush, a flat top kabuki brush or my fingers-it never fails so I guess its at least consistent lol. The coverage is pretty poor, the finish it nothing to be wowed about, the wear time is below average and its application is freaking terrible. On top of that all, this foundation costed me $74 Canadian Dollars. This is a product where it probably costed the brand about $4 to make the packaging and the mediocre foundation and the rest of of your $70 goes towards that powerful name, Giorgio Armani. Stuff like that REALLY pisses me off. What pisses me off even more was that I actually got completely sucked in to buying this product. At this point I absolutely refuse to believe that a foundation for $74 can do much more than a foundation for $50. What irks me most about this foundation other than the huge ripoff is that I am 16 years old with fairly nice skin and I find that I look better without this foundation than with it on- how on earth could this help anyone with troubled skin? It can't. I've used products for a quarter of the price which make my skin look more flawless and luminous than this. Overall I just hate this product, its probably one of my most regretted purchases of all time and that is saying a whole lot given the fact that I am a massive makeup junkie. I can't see how this would help out anyone who has anything less than completely flawless skin. Good thing we can return things in Canada because tomorrow I'm taking it back for a refund no questions asked!

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2012 4:16:00 PM More reviews by BriddaBella

I don't understand the hype. I have oily skin and this product just doesn't work for me. It has medium to buildable full coverage. When I put it on my skin it looks natural and dewy but after a few hours the foundation wears off. It's a shame cause it's quite expensive but it just doesn't work for me.
I guess I just have to go back to Revlon Colourstay.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2012 4:26:00 PM More reviews by ashley2011

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Light to medium buildable coverage. Very natural looking. Looks like you didn't wear any foundation. Long lasting. But for my acne scars, I need several layers to cover them up. Which is the reason I switched to GA lasting uv foundation. A great product for people with less skin problem.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2012 9:28:00 PM More reviews by cait0807

I absolutely love this foundation - gives an absolutely flawless finish with great coverage and never looks cakey! I have the shade 5 and this is perfect for me with a bit of a tan (I'm a mac nw20 but more like an nw30 after a tan for reference). It doesn't have an spf which may not be quite so great for the day but perfect for evening makeup or any situation when you might be having your photo taken. The only problem I have with this foundation is having combination skin I do suffer with a bit of shine after a few hours but nothing a bit of powder doesn't sort out! I would really recommend this foudation :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2012 10:39:00 PM More reviews by xtinahb

I fell for the marketing and spent an ungodly $59 on Luminous Silk. I am a NC30 / C4 combo-dry light tan Asian and purchased this foundation in 5.5, a great match that slightly warms my skin. I hate to say it but it is almost worth the money. It is a really special formula and a very pretty foundation on the skin. It lasts the longest of any foundation I've used, even Revlon Colorstay. One pump is enough for medium coverage and I use the Armani blender blush to apply. Super light, pigmented, dries to a satiny natural finish with zero transfer and my skin feels moisturized all day. I only needed one pat of powder on my nose after 8 hours. I'm glad I tried it!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2012 7:45:00 PM More reviews by makeupjulia1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The second I put some of this on my face, I literally got a compliment from a random person telling me I had great skin!

It just looks like you have amazing, flawless, luminating skin! It gives that beautiful dewy look and feel, but it is not oily at all. My skin isn't too bad on it's own, so I don't tend to need foundation to cover up flaws, but more for evening out reddish skin tone... I don't like heavy-feeling foundations, but the consistency was just right, it covered like perfection, and did not feel heavy at all.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2012 10:57:00 AM More reviews by Naturalchic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm fair with a yellow warm tone, I got this in #4 and the match was very good. The foundation gives a very natural look which I like, but my problem is that the finish start out beautiful... But after a few hours it looks oily and melts of my skin. I have dry skin so this is very unusually for me. Beautiful nice packaging and a good pump. The smell is also a bit too strong for my nose.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2012 6:28:00 AM More reviews by moomooknickers

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Best foundation on the market. Finish it off with powder to set. Long lasting both in terms of wear and use. Armani sales assistants are usually really good, too. No dodgy sales pitches- they just want to make you feel good. Usually throw in lots of samples too!