November 26, 2014 | 1185 users online

Liquid - Giorgio Armani - Luminous Silk Foundation

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2013 9:43:00 PM More reviews by mllemustard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've heard great things about this foundation, so I thought I'd give it a try.

I don't like it. I got a generous sample to try at home from the SA, as I wasn't convinced in store, and after using the sample, I'm still not persuaded. I can see it on my skin. I'm not sure if the color is off (I was given 3.75; Bobbi Brown Porcelain works well on me otherwise), but it emphasizes dry patches I didn't know I had. It works OK when mixed into my regular moisturizer, but it's way too expensive for me to buy a bottle for that use.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2013 6:19:00 AM More reviews by Hermanspottypants

This is a wonderful product probably better for those with normal to dry skin.

It just looks very very natural and luminous. I really love the look and its very easy to apply.

The trouble for me is that it doesn't stay on my face very long thanks to my combination skin- after 4 hours it started to slide off. Thats the reason I wouldn't get this again.
Oh and coverage level is only medium. It does not build up.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2013 5:49:00 PM More reviews by RiriG

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For me this is the perfect foundation. I have tried Clinique, benefit, MAC, Chanel, bobbi brown, Estée Lauder, Laura Mercier (and the list goes on) but this ones perfect.
I tried to find a foundation that leaves me with a glow but not orange or oily looking, and fairly thick but not cakey or drying, with the ability to cover redness and slight scarring AND last a long time. After trying so many I sort of gave up thinking I was just too fussy. But I tried this in London self ridges store on a one off as Giorgio Armani makeup is hard to find here in the UK. The assistant colour matched me and applied it on me along with their micro fil loose powder and I ended up buying the two together as it gave me flawless coverage.
I tend to get bored of foundations before finishing the bottle so trying a new one... But I am on my second bottle now and will definitely be sticking to it. It lasts really long as I only have to use one pump for my whole face.
I definitely wouldn't buy it without being colour matched first but I definitely recommend it!! It is a little expensive but worth it.
My only doubt is that if you have quite prominent spots it may not cover so well, i dont have this problem as i rarely get them, however with a good concealer I'm sure it'll work just as well.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2013 2:07:00 AM More reviews by NoraYH

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this foundation several times before when I was under 25 and my skin was really good. This only adds a luminous finish and give an effect of a tinted moisturizer, and since I usually go for a slightly tanned look, this give me the right natural bronze. However, as I grew my skin now has some sun spots and little discoloration and I need more coverage I did not find the perfect foundation yet .. If you have the perfect skin and want the additional glow this is good for u especially if u have dry or sensitive skin. I think it does not suit oily skins

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2013 10:37:00 PM More reviews by QR

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have mild to moderate acne, uneven blotchy skin tone, and acne scarring. I was looking for a foundation that would cover my blemishes but look natural and feel as if I'm not wearing any foundation. I have tried all the big brands (Chanel, Dior, YSL, Guerlain, Mac, La Mer, Cle de Peau, etc) and this one is my favorite. I wear a thin layer (1/2 pump) which looks very natural and it is enough to even out my skin tone and cover light scars but does not completely cover my dark scars. It does fade but at least it fades evenly. There is no caking or drying but on sweaty days, I'll get shiny. It is expensive but it is worth it for somebody as picky as I am for foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2013 5:22:00 AM More reviews by miranorris

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have a love hate relationship with this foundation.

Starting with the pros -
It gives a really good buildable coverage and let me say this, boy does it photograph beautifully with/without flash! It's glowy in all the right places and like what the previous reviewer sad, it makes your skin look flawless. It goes on smoothly, and it's really natural if you match it well to your skin tone.

Cons -
If you wear spectacles like i do, this foundation leaves a mark when you take them off (like literally the whole frame shape) even when you
set it with powder. It also does tend to get oily through the day. And the last con would be the most obvious one, the pricing.

Overall i'd go back and try this foundation again, maybe a shade light because the one i've got now is a lil too pink for me (i've realised the point five shades are more of a pink undertone). But one of the main reason would be the fact that it photographs really really really beautifully. If you've got the money to splurge on this i would say give it a go, it's worth trying!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2013 5:15:00 PM More reviews by sweetsweetchristine

I used to like this foundation in the winter but now I think I have a mixed feelings toward this foundation. First, what I like about the foundation is its coverage. It gives you a very good coverage but yet still comparably light. The finish is definitely a I-am-wearing-foundation finish but with a good blusher it actually can turn to be good. Also, this foundation is really photogenic or working perfect with very strong light. In photos, wearing this foundation makes your skin looks photoshoped FLAWLESS! However, it is very thick. I still don't understand why something so thick can sometime be so dry as well! In some days, it looks perfect on my skin, but some days it just looks wrong! When it looks good, it is smooth and flawless, but when it looks bad it is dry and patchy. Overall, I still can't decide whether I like this foundation or not so I think I will not repurchase it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2013 11:40:00 PM More reviews by nygrlnca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this foundation! This is my HG right now. At first I thought it was too sheer and a tad light. It warms up beautifully to look like skin but not darken. I have oily acne prone and aging skin, but this does not break me out. I do get shiny however (due to the alcohol...it makes your skin produce oil) but I use Bobbi Brown Sheer Pressed and it looks as good as new. It is super expensive though, but it is so worth it! I alternate between this and MUFE HD...

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2013 12:07:00 AM More reviews by OwThatGirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

________ This review is actually for the Designer-Lift Foundation, not the LS! Oops.________

I have mixed feelings about this foundation because I do like the look of it when applied correctly, but I break out every time I use it. #4 is perfect for my NC 25 skintone, although NC 25 in Mac makeup is actually slightly too dark for my light Asian skin. If you use too much of this foundation it cakes. My ex-boyfriend noticed when I had this foundation on one day and said I looked flakey, how embarrassing!
In general, this foundation looks good if you don't overdo it. On days when I want to look more dolled up, I switch out my daily Cover FX Pressed Mineral Foundation for this foundation under some Chanel translucent powder, or a very light application of Shesido foundation powder.

PROS:
Looks natural under daylight (Just don't cake it up)
Medium Coverage
Doesn't fade after a full day of wear
Doesn't make me oily
Photographs beautifully!

CONS:
Breaks me out after each use
Can look flakey (Although it might just be the wrong foundation-powder combo on my part...)

I have extremely acne-prone skin, so most products break me out after prolonged use, especially liquid foundations. Overall, if your skin isn't too acne-prone, or if you just need to look nice for a special occasion, I would definitely recommend this foundation :)

UPDATE 6/1/13

I wore this to my senior prom last week, taking a leap of faith that my skin wouldn't have a bad reaction to the foundation since I hadn't tried using it in a while. Unfortunately, I was broken out quite badly on my forehead and chin by the time I washed it off that night. I've never developed cystic acne from this foundation, like I had with Nars Tinted Moisturizer and BB Creams, just whiteheads and some small red bumps. Strangely enough, the next morning my face looked like it cleared up a bit from the night before so I know that it was a cosmetic reaction to this foundation that caused my skin to have a mini freak out. I wore it underneath a thin layer of Bare Minerals, with my MUF concealer underneath. The MUF concealer is awesome because it's the only liquid-type of foundation/concealer that I can use without breaking out and Bare Minerals generally doesn't break me out if I wear it once in a while. Long story short (too late) I looked super-duper great in all my prom pictures and though I had to blot some excess oil halfway into the night, the foundation stayed in place. Only problem was the breakouts that the foundation gave me, like every time I try it out. Like I said before, great for special occasions, but bad for everyday use for me.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2013 2:22:00 PM More reviews by msred2u42

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I guess if one likes sheer coverage and a luminous finish, this delivers. For me, not so much. I prefer a bit more coverage that delivers a bit of moisture to the skin. Being a makeup artist, I've tried literally tons of foundations, from low end to high and this one is way too expensive for what you get. I'd pick Lancome foundation anyday over Armani.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No