July 28, 2014 | 2051 users online

Liquid - Giorgio Armani - Luminous Silk Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2012 10:56:00 AM More reviews by Concord

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So, do we need another review of this? Why not. This is pretty much my ideal foundation. I have other favourites that suit my skin as well as this (Chante FS and LM moisturizing for example), but if I was a makeup artist (I'm not and will never be) this is the one I'd use on clients. It's so universally flattering. If you think your skin is too dry for it; use richer moisture underneath. If you are too oily; blot and top with powder. I usually do one pump onto the top of the lid. It's slighyc concave so works geniously like a small pelette. If I want too sheer it out or add shimmer etc. I just put some of that onto the lid and mix with fingers, end of a brush, toothpick. Anything that is close by. I don't think they designed the lid to be used as a palette, but it's perfect for that.

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2012 8:48:00 PM More reviews by njposh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this foundation twice now so I feel like I can give it a proper review.

The pro's - I am very fair, and the lightest shade did match my skin tone. Which is rare for me. I have trouble finding foundations light enough for me. The bottle itself is an easy-to-use, and nice looking container; however I found it next to impossible to see how much foundation was left in the bottle and as such, was not forewarned when it was going to run out. I do like the finish that it gives and find it easy to blend.

The con's - It's pricey. It doesn't wear amazingly through the day - I do find I need to touch it up after a few hours. & it does have to be set (for me) with a powder or I end up looking a bit oily.

All in all it's nice, but it's not my favorite. I have repurchased but would be easily swayed away from it for something I like more.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2012 2:07:00 PM More reviews by sportylass

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Bought this foundation a year ago, but am continually trying new ones in search of my HG. I always think there is something better than what I have. However, have recently come back to this and realised this was my HG all along!

Background to my skin, combination dry-oily on the T-Zone. I prefer medium to full coverage. This is a medium coverage, that leaves the skin with a satiny glow. I need to blot my t-zone with powder, but other than that, it stays on all day. I love that this foundation looks very natural and makes my skin feel amazing. Definitely recommend.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/27/2012 2:51:00 AM More reviews by mi55bonnie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I recently got a tester of this in shade 5 from my friend, as I've heard great reviews about it & have wanted to try it. However, I'm very glad i didn't jump in & buy it straight away.

I was hoping good things with this foundation but this product didn't work for me. Shade match was perfect, the semi-matte finish looks great on me (initially), light-weight and medium coverage and easily buildable (still needed concealer for acne spots).

I liked this foundation but I felt like I was producing a lot of oils on my face which is why the foundation is called Luminous. After about an hour, it turned oily, greasy and looked patchy along the t-zone and settled in pores.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2012 12:48:00 AM More reviews by phoebeweatherfield

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

It pains me to love this foundation, but I really, really do. Let me count the ways:
(1) It comes in a wide variety of shades (I use the palest one, and I really appreciate that Armani goes pale enough for me, as a lot of lines don't--Clinique and BeneFit, I'm looking at you).
(2)The bottle looks beautiful sitting on my bathroom counter.
(3) It gives full coverage for when I'm having a bad face day, which has been often lately
(4)It feels light on my skin, despite the aforementioned full coverage, and doesn't make me break out.
(5) I really only need one pump to get full coverage for my entire face, which makes the very high price point much more bearable.
(6) While it's a real, proper foundation--this is full coverage (I know I've been saying that a lot), not a "no makeup" look--it doesn't look cakey or heavy.

If I had better skin than I currently do (helloooooo bar exam and new job), I would probably reserve this for special occasions and bad skin days, because while I like the look of proper full-coverage foundation, it's more "done" than I *need* to be on a daily basis. But as every day is currently a bad skin day, I need all the help I can get, and I've been using this regularly. The SA at Nordstrom recommended this formula for normal/combination skin, but I'd definitely be interested in trying out other Armani foundations. And if I'm going to drop a lot of money on one product (other than skincare), it's going to be foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2012 5:06:00 PM More reviews by Jackieldavis

Okay, finally - I have really found my forever foundation now. This goes on extremely light and silky and is very easy to blend. A small amount covers very well and is easily buildable for a night out. The finish really does look luminous, it's absolutely gorgeous and the very subtle sheen it gives is just what I wanted. It's expensive, but trust me a small amount is all you need and it will last you a very long time. It's worth it to me to pay up front for one good product rather than waste money on 20 bad ones. Make SURE you get the right shade - I didn't like this foundation at first until I was correctly color matched, it makes all the difference. Find someone who really knows their stuff to help you - I am a 5.5 currently.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/14/2012 7:26:00 AM More reviews by sugarbabe8

I read a lot of reviews before I purchased this foundation, I really wanted it to work but it didn't. The coverage is very sheer and doesn't cover any redness, its meant to be luninous but it looks more matt when it on the skin for a while. I have tried many foundation and I will be going back to me chanel vitalumiere as its the best foundation out there. I am a (30 cendre) in chanel and it suits me fine. The SA sold me 6.5 in Luminous Silk and its ok but a bit orange. Its overpriced for what it does I think its more of a tinted moisturiser than a foundation really.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/14/2012 1:07:00 AM More reviews by CamillaThomas92

After reading really good reviews, I wanted this product so much, and I really wanted to love it, however, I was so disappointed. Starting off with the good points, it was perfectly matched to my skin tone, light with pink undertones (I'm a MACNW20 and got this product in no.5).

To start off with, it is so watered down, it doesn't even stay on my skin when I first put it on, no matter how much or how little prepping I dis. The closet I got to it staying on was by using so much, and using my fingers - don't even try and use a make-up brush. Once some of it was on, it turned powdering and sunk into my pores, filling them and making my face look flakey - no coverage whatsoever.

I was so disappointed I really wanted to love this product, and for $70 in Australia, I've used better foundations that were $7.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2012 5:42:00 AM More reviews by mrsminniver

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

Texture-wise, goes on like a dream. As my skin is normal, staying power with this foundation is good. However I do put a good amount on my face as there is pigmentation on my cheeks. Lines are obvious only when I smile but I make sure I put a good eye moisturizer.

Colour-wise, I use 5.5 which is closest to my tone but it has a pinkish undertone and I have yellow undertones...however I shall finish the bottle but shan't repurchase. Main reason is the colour and frankly, I have tried better foundations with similar if not better textures. Will try Armani's cream foundation (designer shaping range) in the coming winter and give update.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2012 11:04:00 PM More reviews by pquiles

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love the way this foundation makes my skin look. I never thought another foundation would be able to compare with my NARS Sheer Matte, but ... Armani has got me doing a double take. My skin feels smooth and looms smooth too. My pores are minimized, the stAying power is "okay" but, I will overlook that because of the way my skin looks when wearing this foundation. My skin looks like "improved" skin... Not a mask. Once my sample is out, I'm going to Neimans and get a full bottle.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No