Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.8

AQUA / WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, GLYCERIN, ISODODECANE, ALCOHOL, POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, HEXYL LAURATE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, PHENOXYETHANOL, ACETYLATED GLYCOL, STEARATE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TRISTEARIN, CELLULOSE GUM, NYLON-1,2 LIMONENE, BENZYL SALICYLATE, LINALOOL, DIPHENYL DIMETHICONE ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, PARFUM / FRAGRANCE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, METHYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, HEXYL CINNAMAL [ /- MAY CONTAIN CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 / IRON OXIDES CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES MICA

on 2/19/2014 8:08:00 PM

Love this!

on 2/18/2014 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This product was so expensive, however, it did last a very long time (about 6 months). It was the perfect foundation, until after the fifth month of usage, it turned color on me. It may have been my weird skin tone, but it was very disappointing. Also, in order to get the full effect of the foundation, the brush must be purchased with it. And it is almost as expensive as the foundation. I use the brush now for various other products like CC cream and mousse like foundations; so it wasn't a complete loss.

on 2/17/2014 1:13:00 AM

Very natural looking. I like to use this foundation in the winter when I need more coverage due to my lack of sunshine!! I use my fingers to apply it, and it goes on pretty smoothly and evenly. It lasts throughout my work day, and I feel as though this foundation gives my skin a more fresh and polished look.

on 2/16/2014 3:25:00 PM

I bought this foundation over the internet believe it or not and guessed my shade after reading reviews here! So I'm usually NC37 and I have 6.5 in this. This is definitely one of the most natural looking foundations I have ever had and took some getting used to as I was using mac studio fix before this which is a lot heavier. I found that the mac foundation just sat on top of my skin and often my hubby would say my face looks powdery. After switching to this foundation my skin is so smooth looking and it does not accentuate dry patches. It is a bit tricky to apply and I would say this is sheer to medium coverage at a push. I have learnt the best way to apply thus is one layer all over face and if heavier coverage is needed then apply extra on top when dry. I use the nars white setting powder with this. My once large pores are no longer visible and my greasy oily face is no longer greasy or shiny in fact I don't even need to blot throught out the day.

on 2/10/2014 6:12:00 PM

Love. This. I first bought this when it originally came out...perhaps....4 years ago ? I don't know. I decided it was too expensive...and the shade, #2, did not really suit. jump ahead to my current age....almost 61, and I despair of a great foundation: I've been ok with the 24-hour Lancome foundation...but it has been disappointing for this hard winter.
after a brief make-over with a very helpful MA, I now use the 3.75, and it is wonderful: I look much, much better in this. and it stays on & on....even after a 9-hour day today, with no time to even look in a mirror, let alone adjust foundation, it looks as good now as when I applied it this morning. I use very little of it, as well. It looks very natural, perfect finish, enough coverage, and more. It is like .... seeing my best self in the mirror again. I really like this. This is worth the expense, at least, for me. It also Feels very good on, whereas the Lancome does not. That foundation is pretty good, don't get me wrong: but for My age, I'd rather spend the money and be Really pleased. This is not a foundation one can order on-line: I think you would really need a good MA, and choose the right color, etc. I had wanted to go with the designer foundation, but the shades did not go light enough for me. I think this is best for me anyway; and, I can even use a little power, to make the finish really perfect. oh: and I have rosacea - this covers "the red" very, very well, and does not irritate at all.

on 2/9/2014 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I simply don't understand what all the hype is about with this foundation. It did not suit my skin at all. It did smooth my skin but did not compare at all with my favorite foundation: Bobbi Brown. I have just about every one of Bobbi's foundations formulas and they are all outstanding in every way (especially color range).The range of colors in this foundation line are so limited...when I returned the bottle I had purchased, the saleslady looked at me like I was insane and she kept arguing with me about returning it. I guess she just couldn't believe that I truly did not like it. Again, I just don't get why this foundation keeps winning all these awards. There are so many others that are far better.

on 2/9/2014 5:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is my all-time favourite foundation. I wear shade 4 (Mac NC20, Bobbi Brown 3.0) and it goes on a little bit pale but warms up to my skin tone within a few minutes. I have dry skin and this just gives me such a glow. It's not really dewy, it just looks like my skin but so much better when I apply with a stippling brush like the MAC 187 or the hourglass foundation brush. The staying power is quite good, maybe because I have dry skin, but I do find this wears better than all of my other foundations and it is never cakey. And it doesn't transfer either!! I will continue to repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This foundation is FABULOUS if your skin is in pretty good shape. I'd recommend this to someone with normal/mildly combination skin, who isn't prone to breakouts. The coverage is sheer to medium, just enough to even out redness and blur small imperfections. The finish is glowing, but not so dewey that your face looks wet or oily. The wear time seems to be up for debate; I can get a good 10 hrs of perfect wear out of this (no separation, no need to blot) if I'm using a primer and dusting of setting powder, but I've read that others can barely make it past 6 hrs. I personally prefer the old, more minimal and chic packaging but the newer packaging isn't bad or ugly by any means. Just one pump should be more than enough for most people.

I personally love this foundation and it's become my HG! If you've been curious to try this and don't have any major issues with your skin, I would say absolutely try it! What you'll end up with is very natural, soft focus looking skin with juuuust the right amount of glow.

on 2/7/2014 7:11:00 PM

I bought this foundation based on the positive reviews I read online and watched on youtube. So I had BIG expectations from this product especially at the fact it is a higher end foundation, but I ended up hating it! I have combination skin but I didn't think it would effect me as much as I normally set my foundation with powder but this was ridiculous. After a few short hours, my t-zone area were extremely OILY. Not flattering at all. I looked as if I had been wearing my foundation for a good 12 hours by the time it was lunchtime. Do not invest your money into this product unless you have dry to normal skin as my friend loves it. it really compliments her skin. I even tried to mix it with my Mac Studio Fix Fluid which always keeps my face looking matte but after a couple hours I would see my t-zone becoming oily again.

on 2/3/2014 1:40:00 AM

I'm NC 20-25, and I used the # 5 in Luminous silk. This foundation has light coverage and is natural looking, but does not last longer than an hour or two on my combination skin. It is an okay foundation but because of the short wear time, I would not repurchase. Maybe with setting powder, it would have lasted longer, but I'd already returned it.