Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Concealer

4.2

New formula: Water\Aqua\Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Tribehenin, Magnesium Sulfate, Titanium Dioxide, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Dimethicone, Methicone, Laureth-7, Glycerin, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Xanthan Gum, Alumina, Trisiloxane, Dimethicone Silylate, Sorbic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, [ /- Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Mica]

on 7/14/2012 4:46:00 PM

This is my HG concealer for dark under eye circles. I will use no other! It covers well, it lasts well and it doesn't set in under eye creases. I use shade 01 Light and usually buy the product 'new' on ebay, to avoid the higher price of the Estee Lauder counter.

on 7/1/2012 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this to cover up the dark circles that I have, but it didn't work on them. It's a really nice concealer, it blends well and doesn't look too heavy. I have stopped using it on my eyes but it is a nice spot concealer when I need one.

on 6/25/2012 7:13:00 AM

02 light medium, a bit light for me in the summer maybe I can use it again in the winter when my skin is lighter. It creases on the sides of my eyes. Waste of money. I'm mixing it with my YSL Touche Eclat Radiant Touch No. 3 because I find it a waste if I don't use it. But will definitely not repurchase this again.

on 6/21/2012 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I really dig this concealer. I actually went to the mall to get the Bobbi Brown concealer I was recommended to get, but swiftly changed my mind when I found out that it would cost me about $50+ dollars to buy.

So I went to Estee Lauder, got matched and took a chance. I'm so glad I did. This is concealer is half the price of the Bobbi Brown and I feel that it work remarkably.

A little goes a long way, that's what I like about this product. My one and only gripe is, yes, it is dry which is why I put a little bit more cream under my I than usual before applying it. But I think this would work fantastic for people with skin already oily.

I'm still on the search for this is only the second concealer I have tried, I still need to try Laura Mercier, but for now I'm satisfied and this product has done me right.

on 6/19/2012 8:35:00 PM

This is my HG (holy grail) concealer. I have actually recently started using it as a foundation as well and it outperforms all of my other foundations in terms of wear.
I am about N10 and use Light, although it is slightly dark for me, and I may try it in Extra Light next time I repurchase.
I do not have under-eye discoloration so I cannot comment on how well it hides that, however it works great on my acne scars and general redness.
To use as a foundation I just dot (several dots on each area) on my cheeks, chin, forehead and nose and then blend with a foundation brush (like the Sephora 56). I find that it does not break down during the day or collect in fine lines, and the coverage (although full) looks as close to flawless as I can get with a foundation. I do still have to put a bit more concealer on some of my darker acne scars, however not much more & it lasts all day.
Even though using this as a foundation is expensive since it is $22 for about a third of an ounce I think it is worth it.
The only thing I dislike about this concealer is the packaging (it is packaged like a lipgloss) since I would prefer it to be in a tube for easier dispensing, however it will not stop me from repurchase since the formula is so great.

on 5/30/2012 6:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

I bought this one day because I dropped my MAC concealer & was waiting for my backup to arrive in the mail & I wanted to see how this compared. The closest concealer I can compare this to is the MAC Pro Longwear concealer which I like a lot better then this. Estee Lauder owns MAC so I'm guessing that's why they're so similar. I think the MAC one has a better glide & texture to it, it also for some reason brightens a little better & has slightly better coverage than this. I don't think there's anything too special about this concealer, in fact, it reminds me a lot of Maybelline's Superstay concealer but this isn't as dry as that in my opinion. It's got medium coverage & is only lightly buildable, dries quickly,doesn't look cakey, slightly creases on me, drier than the MAC & the pro longwear out performs this in wear. Overall, it's an okay concealer but i would suggest MAC Pro Longwear, it's better & costs $5 less. I bought this in Light Medium & use the MAC in NW20 & I just noticed how much more the pro longwear brightened & covered my eye area.

on 5/30/2012 3:01:00 PM

Great for covering blemishes - Not good for undereye area.

It IS double wear and in combination with the foundation works well to cover blemishes or redness on face. You HAVE to set it with powder or it will not stay and if you get too much on it can look cakey!

NO good for undereye area. I use Laura Mercier Secret Concealer and Brightener powder for my undereye area. THis concealer under eye is DRY DRY DRY no matter how much eye cream i use or how little concealer is use.

I love double wear products b/c of their staying power so i would buy again although the tube i have will last me a long time since i rarely break out to use this!

on 5/30/2012 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

After month of searching for the best concealer I think that I have finally find my holy grail! This is so great that I can believe it when I am looking into my mirror! I have pityriasis alba under my left eye and I have try many-many products to cover that area. Most products covers well (Sisheido, Benefit, E.L.F....) but looks so cakey! This is the only concealer that I have try that covers perfectly and looks so natural! I am truly impressed!

on 5/26/2012 6:05:00 PM

Longlasting undereye concealer w/good coverage but its TOO dry, settles into fine lines, dries so quickly you cant blend well. Not good with eye brightening products it simply becomes a chalky mess. Also on the expensive side and not a very hygienic application system. For a $25 EL DW product i expect a little more

9/18-update
I use w/undereye cream, blends better :)

on 5/22/2012 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I'm very happy with this concealer. I have super oily T-zone and this thing stays on all day long. I'm a Light Medium and am happy that the color matches my skin tone since they're only available in 3 colors (at least that's how it is in Indonesia). Instead of using foundation, I like to slap on some concealer on my T-zone, nose, cheeks (okay, that's almost every part of my face, lol) and then finish off with some powder and I must say I like the look better than having foundation on. Although the consistency of DW concealer is a bit thick, it seeps right into the skin and doesn't clog my pores. I have really sensitive skin but this did not give me any rash or zits so I'm very happy with it. Applying it on my T-zone also makes me blot waaaaaay less than before I purchased this. Normally I would be blotting by lunch time (that's only 3 hours after putting on makeup) and now with this concealer I only need to blot around 6pm and my sister said that my skin looked flawless like a doll. I used to wear MAC's studio fix concealer but that slid off my face by lunch time and I had to keep reapplying but with ELDW I don't need to touch my face until 6pm. I know it's a bit pricey (all ELDW products are close to about $40 and this teeny weenie concealer is the same price as the ELDW foundation, I was stressing in my pants when I saw the price tag) but I'm so happy I went with it cuz I think now I found my HG. I'm super happy with it.