November 22, 2014 | 2040 users online

Concealers - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Stay-in-Place Concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2012 11:29:00 AM More reviews by sbstem

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been searching for my HG concealer and have tried many (boi-ing, erase paste, bobbi brown, stila, urban decay, creme de la mer etc...) but this is by far the best. I discovered the double wear line from my girlfriend whose makeup always looks flawless yet natural. She uses double wear light and double wear concealer and the only reason I've been resistant to using Estee Lauder is because I'm such a packaging junkie and I simply find the EL packaging boring. However, if you have oily skin then this line is absolutely for you! I have insanely oily skin and this concealer will stay put and does not crease or cake. Never again will I use another concealer!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2012 10:29:00 AM More reviews by cherrychocolate

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this concealer recently at an Estee Lauder counter after reading many reviews here on MUA as well as on beauty blogs, and I've to say that I am extremely pleased with its performance. The SA at the EL counter helped me select a shade that matched my skintone, and I purchased this in Shade 2, Light-medium. For reference, I have acne-prone oily-combination skin, and I am around MAC nc25. So far all the concealers that I've used have not been able to stay on my skin for long and they tend to slide off my face after around 2-3 hours (that's how oily I am, combined with the humid and hot weather in Singapore). This concealer is fantastic, not only with its coverage but its price as well. Coverage-wise, this concealer was really being put to the test as I happened to have a huge zit on the tip of my nose when I first bought the concealer, and it managed to cover the obscene red thing really well, and after more than 5 hours, it was still relatively well concealed (I just had to touch up a little). This worked its magic on the rest of my smaller pimples and red acne marks, as well as my dark circles. I have dark circles that are blueish in colour, and I only need a small dot of this on each undereye to cover my dark circles; they were still well covered throughout the entire day without any cakiness. In general I did not experience any creasing or cakiness with this concealer.
Price-wise, this concealer is really worth its price for the amount of concealer you get, and it is slightly more affordable compared to other high-end brand concealers that are also well-raved about. Before I bought this concealer, I checked out the price as well as the texture of other raved about concealers at one of the local Sephora stores. The Amazing Cosmetics concealer was retailing at about SGD$40 for the small tube which contained 6ml of product and Hourglass Cosmetics Hidden Corrective Concealer was SGD$42 for 3.5g of product. This is cheaper than these two as it costs SGD$34 for 7ml of product, and I only have to use a very small amount to cover blemishes hence this concealer should be able to last me for more than 6 months. One tip the SA gave me when I tested this out at the counter is to tap the concealer in for better coverage instead of swiping and rubbing it in. My only wish is for this to come in a squeeze tube for hygiene purposes, but as I don't use the doe-foot applicator to dot the concealer directly onto my face, this is not too big of a concern for me as I can always use clean fingers to take a small amount to apply onto my imperfections.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2012 10:41:00 PM More reviews by missty86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

great concealer for under eyes. does not get cakey and blends very well.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2012 11:16:00 AM More reviews by peanut32

I really like this concealer... it does a great job of staying in place all day and covering. If I have a big pimple I will use this instead of the glo minerals concealer.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2012 5:46:00 PM More reviews by Hana900

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am in love with this concealer and don't think I will ever change it, I've been using it now for about two years and place it over any redness I have over my face, it covers all of my break outs and is suitable for most skin tones! Its moisturising and the good thing is you don't have to worry about it drying out your skin because it doesn't also it stays on for me most of my day which is good because you don't need to keep retouching you makeup! Defiantly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2012 2:03:00 PM More reviews by cerieb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This product is the Holy Grail of concealers.

It stays on all day. I have oily eyelids and other concealers crease within an hour or two. This one only creases a little bit, and it takes several hours before I even realise. It also makes a brilliant eyeshadow primer (which is actually how it was recommended to me by a friend). The coverage is fantastic: I'm pale and the skin between my eyelids and eyebrows is a bit translucent, and I get dark circles quite frequently - and just 3 dots up top and 3 dots down below covers everything effortlessly and inconspicuously all day.

This was the first product I ever bought by EL so I was very cynical and it's pretty expensive for a concealer, but it really is worth the money. It also covers redness, spots, and rashes. But be warned that if you put it on flaky skin, it's obviously going to be noticeable.

Once it's dry it doesn't budge at all - the only way I've rubbed it off is by blowing my nose in really cold weather and I'd foolishly dabbed it on the end of my nose. But at the same time, it's surprisingly easy to remove - I use Lush's 9 To 5 on cotton wool.

Excellent.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2012 6:02:00 PM More reviews by bunbunny

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great, great concealer.
It's the only one I will use for a long, long time to come, because:
- It does not break me out. The ingredients are non-comedogenic.
- It definitely lasts at least 6hrs on me, before it starts to even budge a little. (my skin is slightly oily)
- It does not settle into any lines.
- It matches perfectly on me and it blends beautifully.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2012 5:39:00 PM More reviews by briella86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the best concealer I have used. I have big dark circles under and around my eyes that seem to be hereditary. This is the only concealer that I have used that masks this and stays put on my oily skin! AND it doesn't crease under the eye. I love this stuff. The only con is the price. I really wish I could find a DS concealer that worked as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2012 8:39:00 PM More reviews by Jake84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

One of the better concealer's I've used! It is creamy and settles into a nice semi-matte finish. It looks natural but gives good coverage. I like the wand applicator, and using my finger or a brush to blend into my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2012 5:34:00 PM More reviews by stashdiphi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was given to me in a sample bag, but it has lasted for a really long time, and has become my go-to concealer for under the eyes and around my nose. I have the light/medium and it blends nicely. I will definitely purchase this when the sample runs out.