July 25, 2014 | 1661 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Rimmel - Gentle Eye Make Up Remover

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2009 2:32:00 PM More reviews by myolderbrother

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've tried every remover at every pricepoint and had reactions to all. With no positive expectations for this product, I tried it and LOVED it. HG remover. No residue, no reactions. Excellent price!!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/11/2009 8:08:00 PM More reviews by JYCS19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this product for about $4 at shoppers drug mart and the S.A said it was a good product because I initially had the neutrogena eye makeup remover in my hand but she persuaded me to buy this Rimmel one. BIG MISTAKE! This product really dried out my eye area and this also happen to my mom! This is very cheap but this was horrible because I have dry spots around my eye area and my concealer looks so gross! I tried moisturizing the area and I put a lot but I just need to find a good toner that's safe enough for that area to get rid of the dry spots! AH!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2009 2:12:00 AM More reviews by passionfruit123

This is great if you ONLY have light eyeshadow on your eyes. I use this when I'm only wearing light day eye makeup (brown eyeshadow, light mascara, no eyeliner), because it doesn't take off heavy mascara or loosen fake lashes very well. It also doesn't work too well if you're wearing clubbing eye makeup with heavy lower eyelid eyeliner, because it'll smudge the eyeliner, which will refuse to budge even with three more swipes. I now mostly keep this on my vanity to fix up mistakes with my eye shadow, which works great to that purpose.

Bottom line, good for LIGHT LIGHT makeup, not so good if you are a heavy eyeshadow + liner + mascara + falsies wearer. 4 lippies for dirt cheapness ($3.99 CAD), water based solution, and unstingingness.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2009 1:02:00 AM More reviews by ldycupcakes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product! it's gentle to the skin and easily removes all eye make up. it does not leave my skin feeling oily afterwards and doesn't sting my eyes like the lancome one. i would definitely buy this again (:

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2009 12:37:00 AM More reviews by pinkchopsticks

This stuff is the bombbb digitty! Its feels like water on your skin yet it removes all of your eyemakeup in a few gentle swipes! I love that its not oily and I dont feel like it puts a damper on my skin care regime like other makeup reomvers that leave a greasy residue and make my face feel icky after. The only thing I don't like about it is the packaging. It would be better if it were a spray bottle because I find somtimes to much product comes out and the bottle seems to disapear quikly! anywhooo i still love it its cheap and dont mind buying it over and over again!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2009 6:15:00 PM More reviews by chrisssay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It does remove most of my eye makeup but I find it takes more than a couple of swipes with my cotton pad. I also find it hard to take off my stubborn mascara. Because of this I find I'm going through the product faster than I normally do with eye makeup removers. I probably won't purchase this again as there are better products out there.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2009 11:52:00 AM More reviews by MalibuMands

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Rimmelís GENTLE EYE MAKE UP REMOVER is an essential part of my skincare routine; I love the 60ís doe eyed make up look and if I have a choice of black and very black mascara, Iím guaranteed to go for the latter.

Simply dab a small amount on to a cotton wool pad, gently rub over your eyes, then cleanse, tone and moisterise as normal. No fuss, no mess.

A) This doesnít irritate my sensitive skin. I occasionally suffer from eczema under my eyes, so almost every lotion and potion burns. This is an exception.

B) All of my eye make up is removed, with no greasy skin around my eyes.

C) This is very affordable. (£2.93 a bottle)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2009 8:04:00 PM More reviews by queenbee17

This is my HG eye makeup remover! A lot of eye makeup removers left my undereyes feeling greasy and gross after using them, not this stuff! You can use it and easily put your eye cream on afterwards without it being oily. However, I don't use waterproof mascara, so I'm not sure how well it does getting that off. Anyways, this stuff isn't moisturizing or age-defying or anything magical, but that's what eye cream is for, right? This gets the job done; I always end up coming back to it! And it's pretty cheap, too.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/20/2009 4:09:00 AM More reviews by gogogogo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product mainly because I needed a new makeup remover which can take off my waterproof mascara ang the eyeliner on the bottom of my eye. So, after seeing all the good reviews about this product here I went to walmart and bought it. But I dont see what is good about this product. It takes alot cotton balls to finally erase my eyeliner. Nothing amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am currently using almay oil free makeup remover on a tube and hello it is way better than the overHYPED rimmel MR.

After trying out the almay, I dont think I will be buying the rimmel MR product again.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2009 9:30:00 PM More reviews by doublej

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this because it was sensitive but also claimed to remove waterproof eye makeup, but it didn't do a good job doing that. It was gentle and it did remove all my other eyeshadow and eyebrow powder, but I basically had to scrub to take off my CG Lash Blast Waterproof and my CS Gel Liner taking off 1 or 2 of my beloved lashes during the process. I won't be purchasing this again.