MAC # 239 Eye Shader Brush

4.7

on 8/15/2010 2:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

No brush I've tried packs on color like this one. It's very dense and picks up a lot of color. Perfect for packing on shadow onto your lid.

on 8/10/2010 3:51:00 AM

I'll keep this simple:
1) Thick, soft bristles get a good amount of product onto brush. I often find that I don't have to 're-dip' my brush into an e/s as often as when I use a smaller brush.
2) As it's got quite a lot of bristles it creates a thick enough tip that's great for blending out colours in the crease and for placing colours on the 'outer V' of the eye.
3) MAC brushes are not cheap, they are pricey but I think when a consumer walks in knowing how much money they spend, they not only buy the quality but also the brand. I don't mind paying more for a brand I like to support, plus it is definitely a good quality brush. Hasn't shed a single bristle on me - ever. It's not just got quality bristles it's also got a quality handle. I love the matte handles of MAC brushes, great to the touch.
4) Can I also just mention how super duper soft the hairs are? I love touching it even when I'm not applying make up. It's definitely very gentle on the eyes - again, worth the money. I don't think anyone wants a scratchy brush working on the gentle skin of their eyes.

on 8/9/2010 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I adore my 139 so much! Not a day goes by that I don't use it. It applies color perfectly, whether you want an intense or sheer application. I definitely recommend it to everyone.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

This brush is fantastic for packing color on with absolutely NO fallout! I had a problem applying MAC "Antiqued" with a fluffy brush. This does the trick!

I don't think its THAT expensive considering the quality of these brushes. They will last a long time if cared for properly. I love this brush. Dense yet soft. Just what I was looking for. I was wanting this brush for awhile but I didn't want to pay shipping and handling or go back to the MAC counter considering I annoyed the MUA's there so since I saw free shipping on the website, I said why not???

on 8/8/2010 7:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

i used to apply eyeshadow with my fingers and still do on occasion as its a good way of preventing fallout and getting a lot of colour on quickly, i bought some ruby and millie brushes which are good too but a bit scartchy and bought this after youtube and MUA hype yes its a great brush nice and flat and small good for my small lids, eyeshadow is not my main thing as i have very little lid space thats probably why i could live without this brush, i think blending brushes are more important though as blending is the key to beautiful eyeshadow as we all know, however i dont regret buying it though as i do use it frequently and it applies smoothly and i can see why it would work great for girls with larger lids wish i had bigger eyes!!

on 7/31/2010 2:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

this brush (together with 217) are ESSENTIALS in any persons makeup collection.
you cannot begin to understand how much product it picks up & how well it packs it onto the lids.
its my favourite brush (with 217 of course) & my life would mean nothing without it :-)

on 7/26/2010 4:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Love, love, love. A classic, essential brush.

Picks up and packs on colour like nothing else. Lovely and soft, no shedding despite the fact that I deep clean with baby shampoo every second day and wipe with MAC brush cleanser between colours.

Love enough to buy a second for diff colours.

Super expensive here in Australia ($48 from Myer) but so, so worth it.

on 7/25/2010 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

amazing brush. i put off buying this for a loooong time because its expensive but i must say that it applies eyeshadow better than any other brush i've ever tried. i used to use the eco-tools version of the brush because of the price difference bumt i must admit that i'm very happy with it. well worth it. worth the added expense because it should last you many years if you take care of it.
very versatile

on 7/22/2010 12:36:00 PM

Perfect brush for applying eyeshadow to the lid area ...... I get a perfect and flawless application each and every time ....... HG staus for me. I have strayed to other lines for brushes, but MAC is the best .... pricey but the best quality brushes. (the only exception is Sephora's smudge brush, which is a HG liner brush for me.)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Yes, this brush is very versatile and can apply color all over the lid, blend, and add highlight, but I feel like other similar brushes can work just as well. I got this particular brush because I am building my MAC makeup brush collection. So if you are doing the same, then this brush is a staple. But if you are just starting with makeup or aren't into makeup as much, the same style brush can be found for a much cheaper price elsewhere.