Fancl Mild Cleansing Oil

4.4

Cetyl Ethylhexanoate,Butylene Glycol Diisononanoate,Polyglyceryl-10 diisostearate, Polyglyceryl-20 Octaisononanoate, Diphenylsiloxy Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-20 Hexacaprylate, Limnanthes Alba Seed Oil, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Behenate, Eicosadioate, Phytosteryl/isostearyl/cetyl/stearyl/, behenyl dimer dilinoleate, Tocopherol, Stearoyl Inulin, Dextrin palmitate, caprylyl caprylate/caprate.

on 1/21/2008 11:46:00 PM

This cleansing oil rinses completely with no residue. I like the fact that it contains no preservatives and even that it comes in a cute pump top bottle. However, after about 1 week of use it dried out my skin (that was very oily at the time) terribly, leaving me with rough dry patches. I was able to return it and receive a refund without too much hassle.

on 1/19/2008 2:29:00 AM

This is def HG material!! It even removes the unremovable shiseido mascaras!! When i use this my skin feels so clean and doesn't leave me with scaly skin like a lot of other cleansers, funily enough though it looks like i can't finish the whole bottle in the 3 month life span. I've already repurchased another bottle and will keep repurchasing.

this cleansing oil cleanse very well.but too bad it dry up my skin.

on 1/12/2008 2:54:00 PM

This cleansing oil definitely beats out DHC and Shiseido's cleansing oil.
Pros: it cleans and remove makeup/sunscreen thoroughly without drying out my dry-combo skin. doesn't break me out or clog my pores. Not fragranced and preservative-free.
Cons: a bit pricey given a $23 bottle only lasts about 8-9 weeks if used once daily and it goes bad after 4 months (because it's preservative free). but that's my only complaint!

before this, i've used DHC cleansing oil and Shu Uemura cleansing oil. compared to both, Fancl is better in terms of cleansing power. it cleanses my skin without leaving any traces of makeup, especially glitter!! the smell is alright, although it doesnt smell as nice as Shu Uemura's. the texture is thick, so it provides a cushion to prevent friction. i'd love to purchase this again, unfortunately, it's not available in my country *sigh* it's a great product!

on 12/28/2007 12:01:00 AM

i first tried this in 2004 and have never looked back. im very prone to breakout and this doesnt worsen my acne. just a teaspoon is needed for complete makeup removal. im now curious to try haba..

on 12/27/2007 3:01:00 AM

UPDATE 2: Read up the Fancl site and they said this is okay to be used with damp hands, however, I find the cleaning power reduces alot if it's used with damp hands.

UPDATE: Finished this! 120ml for five months! =D Not bad for the price. (Although it's for only 120 days, oh well...)

I totally love this cleansing oil. There are so many pros of this cleansing oil. Firstly, it removes stubborn eye makeup such last the liquidlast and chanel waterproof inimitable mascara without having to rub your eyes hardly (which will cause premature aging!). All you have to do is lightly move the tip of your finger around the eye and voila! Your eyes are clean. Secondly, it doesn't leave oily finish after washing it off. For me, it really is. It's not drying but when you touch your skin you can feel that it's really clean without having that after-you-washed-your-dishes touch. I hope you can understand. =( Next, it's quite travel-friendly. They have a plastic thing you can put on the pump so that it blocks the pump from pressing down. This is quite important as when you travel without a box, you can be sure that the pump won't be pressed and none of the oil will get out and make everything messy. Besides, this cleansing oil is very affordable too! The nearest outlet is in Singapore (I'm from Malaysia) and it costs around RM60 to RM70 for a 120ml package. Cheaper than Shu Uemura. Some may think that the expiry date is quite troublesome but actually, it's a good thing for me because at least I know that there isn't any harmful preservatives in it! I think 120ml can last me for 6 months and that is when the oil expires.

About the cons, I would say that one of them is that it will make your eyes cloudy if you didn't shut your eyes enough when cleansing. This is quite unavoidable for me as I want to open my eyes slightly to ensure that my makeup is removed completely. And also, if you are not careful enough, there might be some residue left. If you want to be safe, you can remove your eye makeup with eye makeup remover before using the cleansing oil. However I feel that the cleansing oil alone is good enough. Besides, I think that sometimes it's hard to make sure that your hands are dry when you use the cleansing oil. I like to wash my hands before removing makeup.

A side note: Do remember to keep your face dry too when using the cleansing oil. Massage your face with the oil constantly and add water a little by little and finish off by washing off the cleansing oil.

on 12/19/2007 11:02:00 PM

This is so much better than DHC, I have been using DHC for years but after I used this cleansing oil. It changed my mind! It wont dry your skin after you remove your makeup also, leaves fresh feeling after you used it! such a lovely product, I would buy it again!

on 12/18/2007 4:19:00 AM

i like fancl cleansing oil coz it remove all my makeup on my face. as compare with other makeup remover i have, fancl cleansing oil is the best. although the SA told me that i need not use another cleansing foam to clean my face after that as the cleansing oil will not feel oily on my face. but i still use another cleansing foam to cleanse my face as i really feel oily on my face. sometimes fancl will launch limited edition cleansing oil with cute pictures on the bottle, otherwise you are stuck with a green colored bottle. anyway, i definitely will re-buy this item as a makeup remover

on 12/17/2007 5:21:00 AM

First of all, I have oily, acne-prone skin and so I was very sceptical about using cleansing oils. Then, I came across this one and was pleasantly surprised.

Just 1-2 pumps of this oil is enough for the whole face. I use it with damp hands and face because I have a habit of splashing my face with water beforehand. I'm glad to say that the cleansing oil does not emulsify upon contact with water. My makeup would then simply melt away in the cleansing oil. Massage your face WELL with it, but gently. Afterward, I would wash with a gentle cleanser to get rid of any residue. It's not absolutely necessary because the cleansing oil washes cleanly away, but I do it to be doubly sure there's none of it left on my face. Being naturally oily-skinned, I just don't like the idea of having more oil on my face than it is.

As for the cons, I took one lippie off because of the expiry date (4 months upon opening the bottle or 1 year if the bottle remains unopened), and also the cost. While it doesn't cost as much as high-end products, it certainly is not drugstore cheap. Religious usage with it however, will ensure that you can finish your bottle ahead of the expiry date. In this way, you just have to buy it about 3 times a year.

Overall however, I love this product and would definitely repurchase again. ^^