July 26, 2014 | 933 users online

Cleansers - Fancl - Mild Cleansing Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2008 6:44:00 AM More reviews by babypinkblush

before this, i've used DHC cleansing oil and Shu Uemura cleansing oil. compared to both, Fancl is better in terms of cleansing power. it cleanses my skin without leaving any traces of makeup, especially glitter!! the smell is alright, although it doesnt smell as nice as Shu Uemura's. the texture is thick, so it provides a cushion to prevent friction. i'd love to purchase this again, unfortunately, it's not available in my country *sigh* it's a great product!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2007 12:01:00 AM More reviews by jesshalim

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i first tried this in 2004 and have never looked back. im very prone to breakout and this doesnt worsen my acne. just a teaspoon is needed for complete makeup removal. im now curious to try haba..

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2007 3:01:00 AM More reviews by huoy

UPDATE 2: Read up the Fancl site and they said this is okay to be used with damp hands, however, I find the cleaning power reduces alot if it's used with damp hands.

UPDATE: Finished this! 120ml for five months! =D Not bad for the price. (Although it's for only 120 days, oh well...)

I totally love this cleansing oil. There are so many pros of this cleansing oil. Firstly, it removes stubborn eye makeup such last the liquidlast and chanel waterproof inimitable mascara without having to rub your eyes hardly (which will cause premature aging!). All you have to do is lightly move the tip of your finger around the eye and voila! Your eyes are clean. Secondly, it doesn't leave oily finish after washing it off. For me, it really is. It's not drying but when you touch your skin you can feel that it's really clean without having that after-you-washed-your-dishes touch. I hope you can understand. =( Next, it's quite travel-friendly. They have a plastic thing you can put on the pump so that it blocks the pump from pressing down. This is quite important as when you travel without a box, you can be sure that the pump won't be pressed and none of the oil will get out and make everything messy. Besides, this cleansing oil is very affordable too! The nearest outlet is in Singapore (I'm from Malaysia) and it costs around RM60 to RM70 for a 120ml package. Cheaper than Shu Uemura. Some may think that the expiry date is quite troublesome but actually, it's a good thing for me because at least I know that there isn't any harmful preservatives in it! I think 120ml can last me for 6 months and that is when the oil expires.

About the cons, I would say that one of them is that it will make your eyes cloudy if you didn't shut your eyes enough when cleansing. This is quite unavoidable for me as I want to open my eyes slightly to ensure that my makeup is removed completely. And also, if you are not careful enough, there might be some residue left. If you want to be safe, you can remove your eye makeup with eye makeup remover before using the cleansing oil. However I feel that the cleansing oil alone is good enough. Besides, I think that sometimes it's hard to make sure that your hands are dry when you use the cleansing oil. I like to wash my hands before removing makeup.

A side note: Do remember to keep your face dry too when using the cleansing oil. Massage your face with the oil constantly and add water a little by little and finish off by washing off the cleansing oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2007 11:02:00 PM More reviews by tinachillout

This is so much better than DHC, I have been using DHC for years but after I used this cleansing oil. It changed my mind! It wont dry your skin after you remove your makeup also, leaves fresh feeling after you used it! such a lovely product, I would buy it again!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2007 4:19:00 AM More reviews by lovejuliet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i like fancl cleansing oil coz it remove all my makeup on my face. as compare with other makeup remover i have, fancl cleansing oil is the best. although the SA told me that i need not use another cleansing foam to clean my face after that as the cleansing oil will not feel oily on my face. but i still use another cleansing foam to cleanse my face as i really feel oily on my face. sometimes fancl will launch limited edition cleansing oil with cute pictures on the bottle, otherwise you are stuck with a green colored bottle. anyway, i definitely will re-buy this item as a makeup remover

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2007 5:21:00 AM More reviews by windchijmes

First of all, I have oily, acne-prone skin and so I was very sceptical about using cleansing oils. Then, I came across this one and was pleasantly surprised.

Just 1-2 pumps of this oil is enough for the whole face. I use it with damp hands and face because I have a habit of splashing my face with water beforehand. I'm glad to say that the cleansing oil does not emulsify upon contact with water. My makeup would then simply melt away in the cleansing oil. Massage your face WELL with it, but gently. Afterward, I would wash with a gentle cleanser to get rid of any residue. It's not absolutely necessary because the cleansing oil washes cleanly away, but I do it to be doubly sure there's none of it left on my face. Being naturally oily-skinned, I just don't like the idea of having more oil on my face than it is.

As for the cons, I took one lippie off because of the expiry date (4 months upon opening the bottle or 1 year if the bottle remains unopened), and also the cost. While it doesn't cost as much as high-end products, it certainly is not drugstore cheap. Religious usage with it however, will ensure that you can finish your bottle ahead of the expiry date. In this way, you just have to buy it about 3 times a year.

Overall however, I love this product and would definitely repurchase again. ^^

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2007 11:48:00 PM More reviews by milkypop

i bought a small bottle of this yesterday as a desperate attempt to stop the oncoming breakouts i was having. i suspected they had been due to some biore makeup wipes i had been using - too much alcohol ? anyway the FANCL cleaned really really well, i never had luck with any other oil cleanser so i was surprised. i didnt have to do much to even take the waterproof liner and shadow on my eyelids away. i just simply wiped my lids with my finger once or twice and it disappeared into nowhere!?

result the next morning - no new pimples to speak off and old ones flattening. this makes me convinced that a good cleanser plays a big part in maintaining your skin. i double-cleansed with my usual foam cleanser after that, by the way. since what the brand recommends is the Washing Powder after the Cleansing OIl, i figured that double-cleansing is the way it should work.

for those who find that it doesnt remove your waterproof eye makeup properly, have you been using it the right way? make sure your hands are face are dry. my mac eye makeup is pretty heavy duty!

update : i found that this removes whiteheads and other grainy stuff on my face if i massage well. i'm really loving this.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2007 2:08:00 PM More reviews by Redroses21

Skin Type: Combination, Dehydrated, Acne/Blackhead Prone

I really wanted to find a cleansing oil that would remove my ss and makeup, with no need to follow with another cleanser. I do find that this does just that: it rinses clean. My skin is very sensitive from Retin-A use and the weather, and this is perfectly gentle and non-irritating. I've been using it for about 2 weeks, and I've not experienced any breakouts from using this at night. I gave it a four because it's fairly drying. I've definately noticed an increase in flakies since I started using it, but nothing untolerable.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2007 10:47:00 AM More reviews by playfulgal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

is a great product for lazy people like me..just 2-3 pumps and there u go for the whole face...its a little oily ,so i will still use cleanser to double cleanse ...but it remove make up very well...

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2007 11:44:00 AM More reviews by jamesie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wanted to like this product because of the many rave reviews and because I needed a cleansing oil to take off my Sofina ss.

Unfortunately, the jojoba oil broke me out.

However, this will not break everyone out, so I gave it four lippies. It's a lovely consistency and rinses cleanly. I love the pump bottle packaging, which comes with a little plastic spacer for traveling.

It's a bit pricey and expires (I think) four months after opening.

Just didn't work for me.