April 19, 2014 | 1748 users online

Powder - Merle Norman - Luxiva Ultra Powder Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2006 8:34:00 AM More reviews by MakeupMamaofTwo

This is the Ultra CREAM foundation with HC-12 ... it provides great coverage and the finish is dewey and very radiant. I have been using a sample jar or this and although I like it I really think it is BREAKING ME OUT...(my face is typically acne PRONE but clear --- I have developed a couple cystic acne spots since starting to use this and I am pretty sure its the foundation that is doing it. )

If it was not for that I think I would buy the full size version ; not for *every day* use because it is such full coverage, but for special occasions, etc.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2006 3:59:00 AM More reviews by dewdraup

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the best powder in my book. I use it over my foundation, and it makes any I use look great. My skin is going through some sort of phase with foundations, I'm on my 8th one this year. But no matter which foundation I'm using, this powder always looks fantastic with any of them.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2006 4:31:00 PM More reviews by mamana

This powder gives great coverage and touches up great! I just bought a kabuki brush at the suggestion of my consultant and it gives it a velvety finish.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2006 11:22:00 AM More reviews by wmharmon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been wearing MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NC15 for a while now and really do love it. However, I became curious about all the buzz surrounding mineral foundations and sampled a few lines. There were things I liked and disliked about each one I tried. The thing I ADORED in every case though was the ease of application a powder provides. It goes on faster and is easier to blend in my opinion. I'd always been a liquid gal and never thought powder would provide the coverage I desire, but I was wrong. Since I wasn't completely sold on any of the mineral foundations but 100% sold on powder form - with the help of MUA reviews - I set out to find "the one". Honestly, I would have NEVER set foot in a Merle Norman Studio if not for the reviews posted here. I'd tried MN products in the past and was never blown away. I had come to think of the line as "less-than". I don't know if perhaps MN has changed their formulations or if instead my tastes are changing as I approach 40, but WOW! I'm in love with this foundation as well as many of their other color products. This foundation goes on easily, provides a nice medium to semi-full matte coverage, lasts for hours and the color Cameo was a spot on match for me. The price - at $29 - is a bit steep in my opinion, but I have no problem paying it considering my satisfaction with the results. Plus, because this is both a foundation and powder in one there is no longer a need for my MAC Blot Powder. I'm dropping it and my SFF for this ... that speaks volumes. My one complaint - no sunscreen. For me this is not a deal breaker because my moisturizer has me covered in the department.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2006 6:47:00 PM More reviews by tommicat10

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this Ultra powder foundation today at the Merle Norman store. I find it to give a very nice polished flawless finish, while still looking quite natural. I bought it in Chiffon, a rather light cool color. It's a good match for me, although the Neutral, one shade darker would work also. This foundation is probably formulated for oilier skins but if you have drier skin, just moisturize well first before applying it. I don't like liquid foundation right now. I guess I've gotten so used to mineral makeup, liquids feel too heavy. Ultra gives better coverage than the mineral makeup I currently use. It's nice to have options. I love Merle Norman! It can definately hold it's own to any highend department store brand. I used to think of it as a store where you went to buy heavy in your face pancake makeup. Not anymore!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2006 1:20:00 PM More reviews by lgf1046

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great coverage, easy to use, really liked the product

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2006 5:34:00 PM More reviews by ruby_tea_roses

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Really good powder foundation for oily skin. This keeps my oily skin looking matte a lot longer than any other powder foundation I have tried. I am light PPP with yellow/neutral undertones, and I usually wear the lightest shade in any foundation line. Not Merle Norman though. I originally bought this in the color "Fair", and that was too light on me. "Fair" is only for the whitest of white skins. If you look like Snow White, then go with the color "Fair". If your PPP but have have yellow/warm undertones in your skin like me, then you will want to go with the next shade up which is called "Cameo". I returned the "Fair" and purchased the "Cameo", and the color match is perfect. For reference, I also wear CoverGirl Classic Ivory liquid foundation, NARS Deauville Liquid foundation, and NARS Mont Blanc powder foundation). I am giving this 5 lippies because it is a wonderful powder foundation for oily or combo skin (or anyone who gets a shiny t-zone by mid-day) - it keeps the oilies away for a long time. Although I am not sure how well this would work on those with dry skin though, as it contains talc (which is probably a big part of why it absorbs oil so well). Anyway, it suits me just fine and I am very happy with it.:)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2006 5:10:00 PM More reviews by sara_smiles426

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like this product. I just went back to Merle Norman after years away and I am currently using the lasting foundation with this on top. It looks so fresh and polished I can hardly believe its my face ! I also havn't had any problems with this and my oh so sensitve skin. Yay!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2006 10:25:00 AM More reviews by soaring246

This is absolutely the best foundation--and it is powder. It takes me less than a minute to put it on. The color is awesome. The coverage is awesome.

I used Mac for years and I always had zits.
And I am almost 30, I switched to MN powder foundation and they are gone.

I will never another.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/24/2006 11:45:00 AM More reviews by NSM1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I very seldom write reviews since everyone knows how great SM amd VL are but I just had to mention this one. I very seldom wear powder foundation, I can tell when someone has it on (especially BE) and I don't care for the shiny or too powdery look. This product is the perfect mix. Not too dry, never gets that sweaty look to it, and the color selection is better than most. I put this on after sunscreen and I'm good to go the whole day. No need to even blot. I get my eyebrows done at MN and my SA is so great that she actually let me use the store copies of both the liquids and the powders till I found what I liked. I cannot recommend this enough. The liquid (HC?) is good to but there's really no need for it in the summer. I have yet to use them both for a special night out but with summmer here and all the graduations/weddigs, etc in full swing I'm sure I'll be experlmenting with them both. Also found a great blush, pink spmething, but that's for another review.