MAC Eyebrows Crayon in Spiked

4.6

on 9/15/2006 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

It's so odd to read all these reviews--this is my staple but it's also only one of the very few brow pencils I've ever used, and I've been using it for at least 10 years, so have nothing to compare it to. As everyone else has said it's a true dark neutral brown (luckily just the color of my brows) and it does indeed stay on all day and doesn't look fakey (unless I'm really tired and my brows start to get curly). I like the fact that it clicks up (the makeup artist who recommended it made me promise to only click it once per day but I do a little more now). I just wish you could see how much is left, because when it comes to the end, it's always a shock. I've rebought it countless times. Oh, and the person who did my brow shape (used to be the IT Girl at Bergdorf's) says to use with powder on top (I use MAC Corduroy) and clear gel to hold everything in place (I use Tweezerman).

on 9/14/2006 8:34:00 AM

Wow! I've had real trouble with brow pencils in the past, and hated powders, which looked more natural but smeared all over. I have almost-black but definitely not "brown" eyebrows. Meaning, black pencils look fake and vampy, but brown ones look red and clownish. Spiked is perfect - a subtle and natural dark, dark brown with no red or bronze tones. Most crayons go on thick and heavy, but MAC's line is very whispy and precise, just like eyebrows. And it stays put all day, even if I forget and rub my eyes. A lovely solution for those of us who plucked too enthusiastically or just have slightly spare brows in spots.

on 9/2/2006 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I tried this for the first time a couple of months ago and now I can't seem to live without it. I put it on every morning with my eye shadow because it makes my eyes look so much more alive! I used to go to work looking half-awake; now I look wide-awake even when I'm not. Love it! Matches very well with black brows although its an espresso brown.

on 8/1/2006 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

My H/G for brows!!! The reason I came upon M/U/A (I think it was my first post) was to find something for my brows that looked very natural, no orange or red undertones, just dark brown! I didnt want to do black/grey anymore b/c even though my hair is black it just didnt look natural with my skintone. I have a major obsession with my brows, they aren't as symmetrical as I'd like them to be and after over plucking, they wont grow in anymore. I wanted something easier than powders as well as longer lasting, and thanks to the lovely ladies of MUA, I found this perfect color!!

HG!!! Five lippies and then some! MACs eyebrow crayon in spiked is the bomb! Easy to use, needs no shapening, slim nice packaging, looks natural and lasts all day. Need I say more?!? I tried it after I read about it on MUAs Most Popular. THANK YOU fellow MUAers for recommending it! First time user so I don't know how long it'll last but when I run out I will definitely buy again.

on 4/10/2006 10:01:00 AM

I love it!
This crayon "Spiked" looks very natural (for me - quite black and thick eyebrows) and easy to use. I spends a short time for my eyebrows, it save my time when I make up (especially for day I get up late!!!!).

Spiked is soft and easy to apply and the perfect color for my very dark brows. Love it!!

on 2/22/2006 12:18:00 AM

Much better than brow pencils. Looks very natural with my dark brows and I love the twist pen applicator, no more sharpening! I think this is my HG.

this saved my eyebrows. I love it.

on 12/31/2005 12:20:00 PM

I am in Heaven- I have found my HG product. I am sooo happy with this product. It definetly has more pros than cons: not wierd reddish brown like most dark pencils, not waxy, reasonably priced, goes on looking natural- more so than powders I've tried in the past, and the best part- a little goes a long way. The only con- if you pull too much product you can't twist it back. I am going to purchase again and again.

Popular Brows Products