October 22, 2014 | 1997 users online

Foundations - The Body Shop - All-In-One Face Base

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2004 11:45:00 AM More reviews by tuktoyaktuk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using this for years now without complaint. It offers me sufficient coverage and doesn't look powdery or cakey. It does wear off after a while, but as I'm in a tropical country, I'd expect that of any foundation. It offers me a good base for my makeup, and I like that it looks natural at the end of it all. The round compact is cute although the sponge applicator took a bit of finding as its hidden underneath the powder pan!

I docked 1 lippie because the "new" formulation seems more "yellow" than the old one. I used to use 01 when the compact was rectangular. 01 was the lightest formulation and looked a little pink. Now that its the round compact I'm told 01 is replaced with 02 which looks more yellow. I don't know how true it is. But the new 01 does look very light.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2004 9:02:00 AM More reviews by reismione

i've oily skin so i was looking for something that will not oxidise or cake on my face. just got this 3 days ago. used it thrice. its coverage's excellent n the color remained true thru out my more than 8 hrs of usage. tis is better than WnW though the latter's cheaper. i will definitely buy this again. (^-^)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2003 9:30:00 AM More reviews by sultana1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a lovely powder/foundation if you have the right color match. soft nice powder however it looks grayish on my skin. you need to moisturize really well before you put it on. no oil control properties at all but no breakouts either. i will not repurchase because i don't like the gray undertones in the darkest color they carry.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2003 2:24:00 PM More reviews by nuyearbabee

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I just didn't like this. I'm waaay to use to wearing a liquid I guess. I don't have the greatest skin so I need something more covering. It's gotta be meant for girls w/already great skin. (why can't I be in THAT cateogory?) LOL. I'm also a drugstore junkie, so paying $15.00 for this foundation was not a great feeling (too used to my under $10 products) Not sure if it was just mine or what- mine didn't come w/an applicator and the sales girl didn't bother to tell me whether I needed to buy a separate one or not. Make sure you find out before you get home like me and say, "OH WTF!" =P

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2003 5:07:00 PM More reviews by schpahky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is an excellent powder-finish foundation in a compact with a sponge applicator. I've only used it dry, which offers great coverage. My skin is whiter than white and I'm amazed that the "Light" one actually matches seamlessly! I only use it on my T-zone; it covers well and doesn't seem to make my breakouts worse (when they did get briefly worse, I changed the sponge and the breakouts stopped - so you might want to keep that in mind if you're using the compact over a long period of time). I don't usually use foundation, so I'm extra-impressed with how well this has worked for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2002 12:08:00 PM More reviews by Lisa_Halni

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried the All-in-One face base from The Body Shop and I love it! It's part of their new Colourings makeup line. It's a powder foundation with very very smooth texture. Comparable to Aveda's Dual base! I have a pimple with flake skin around it and this foundation actually conceal the redness well and doesn't show all the flakes! It also doesn't give me that "powdery" face i usually get from a powder product. I also able to find the color that match my face very well. It's long wearing and I have no breakouts. Highly recommended for this high quality powder foundation. :)