The Body Shop All-In-One Face Base

4.2

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Talc, Dimethicone, Silica, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Zinc Stearate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Sclerocarya Birrea (Marula) Oil, Octyldodecyl Lactate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Butylparaben, Methylparaben, Sorbic Acid, Disodium EDTA, Lauryl Alcohol, PCA, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, kitties.

on 9/8/2006 9:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I use this with the face/body brush of TBS because I dont want to much coverage, then I use the sponge to blend in certains areas. Blending is also very effective for diminishing pores. This is like a powder, but gives more coverage then a power, even if applied with a brush, is more creamy and the brush absorbs more product(I think the life of the product will be shorter then for a powder). The finish is natural, but matte as with a powder, I would have prefered something more glowy.
Edit: This has grown in me and it's pretty much my favourite foundation. I don't use it daily though because I prefer something more natural, like Everyday Minerals, but when I don't have time I go for this. It's very easy to apply with the sponge, looks natural and has good staying power.

on 8/13/2006 5:11:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this! I also use Chanel DPC but this gives me a very nice, convincingly flawless, fair finish which i love, love , love! I use it alone and it blends well into nose area and other contours. I am going to repurchase!

on 8/23/2005 10:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I like it. It gives my skin a nice finish after using liquid foundation. I usually just brush on some, so it's sheer and not too heavy.

on 5/12/2005 4:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I use this in the lightest shade, which is just a tad bit too dark and yellow for me but not very obviously. What I like about this powder is that it isn't ultra matte and doesn't look dry on my face. For a foundation the covarage is way too sheer for me, but it works as a touch up or to just even things out slightly. Lasting power is not wonderful both on the face and in the can.

on 3/16/2005 11:39:00 PM

I like this foundation a lot, and its the one that I use (I really dislike liquid foundations). One great thing about it is that it is versatile in terms of coverage: you can get a light dusting with a brush, medium coverage with the sponge, or heavier coverage with a wet sponge. I would definately buy it again, for its ease and versatility.

on 3/11/2005 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a great powder foundation that can be applied both sheerly with a brush or heavily wiht a sponge. It's around $16CDN and 7g but they onyl have like 5 colours so finding a match is difficult and since it's only 7g i go through it pretty quick.

on 2/15/2005 4:28:00 AM

I had never heard of powder foundation until I was asking in the store about a new powder and the assistant recommended this. I love it. I tend to find that foundations really emphasise my pores and powders emphasise my flakiness and this doesn't do either. It just evens out my skintone and looks really lovely. I get heaps of compliments when I wear it. I apply it with the sponge when I want more coverage or with a brush when I want less. Definitely worth a try!

on 10/19/2004 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

All in One Face Base gives awesome coverage and is really versatile. If you wet your sponge it goes on super thick or for light coverage you can just use a brush. However, if you're not careful it has the tendency to look cakey. If I use too much I look and feel like a chalk board.

on 10/13/2004 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Probably won't buy this face base again just because it doesn't give me the lasting even complex I want and the sponge it a little tough to get (gotta lift the powder part up but there's no notch so I end up running my nail across the powder if I'm not careful). I may try a lighter shade (I have 05, might try 04 before I give up) to see if that works better but I think I will move on to another brand. This doesn't break me out. CoverGirl Aqua whatever it's called gave me better coverage but broke me out.

on 7/1/2004 11:45:00 AM

I've been using this for years now without complaint. It offers me sufficient coverage and doesn't look powdery or cakey. It does wear off after a while, but as I'm in a tropical country, I'd expect that of any foundation. It offers me a good base for my makeup, and I like that it looks natural at the end of it all. The round compact is cute although the sponge applicator took a bit of finding as its hidden underneath the powder pan!

I docked 1 lippie because the "new" formulation seems more "yellow" than the old one. I used to use 01 when the compact was rectangular. 01 was the lightest formulation and looked a little pink. Now that its the round compact I'm told 01 is replaced with 02 which looks more yellow. I don't know how true it is. But the new 01 does look very light.